1. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@nana87: Yay!! Congrats!! welcome!!

2. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@luckypenny: Nice list!

3. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@luckypenny: I love coffee...but this pregnancy is making it easy to cut back, cause it's making me queasy. It's sad, but DH is happy that I'm cutting back. I'm hoping to cut it out entirely soon.

4. sylvie_b

apricot / 458 posts

@luckypenny: congrats, mama...and all April 14 mamas!

I'm also in the Bay Area and hope there will be a Bay Area meetup soon, if there are enough of us!

I'm not currently pregnant but I was an April 13 mama (DS was born 17 days early tho and ended up arriving on 3/31) and I can't believe it's been a year......

So excited for all of you! Spring babies are THE BEST (I love our summer vacation!)

5. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@luckypenny: love the list!!! Thank you

@nana87: amazing!!! Welcome What is your dissertation on if you don't mind my asking?

6. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

thanks ladies!!

@cmbknyc: I don't want to be too specific for a bit of anonymity's sake (/paranoia, haha), but broadly it's about comparative social policy

7. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

Hi guys! Little nervous about joining because it's so soon but damn it I'm excited! Congratulations to us all!!!!!

EDD if you have one: Not sure yet, but according to internet calculations etc, April 13!
    When Did You Find Out?: 15DPO
    Child Number: First one!!!
    Where You Live: Point Pleasant, NJ
    What kind of provider will you see?: OB GYN
    When's Your First Appointment?: 8/20 for blood work and a "consult", first ultrasound 8/29!!
    What kind of birth do you want?: I would love to have a med-free hospital birth but I'm pretty sure I'll cave and get an epidural.
    What You're Most Excited For: right now, the first ultrasound!
    What You're Most Scared About: something going wrong w/the pregnancy and/or the baby
    Symptoms so far: nothing really, other than really sore boobs
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: nope - this was the biggest surprise of the summer! Just enjoying the summer weather and getting plenty of sun!
    Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart:

8. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@nana87: @chibee: Three new April mommas joining! Congrats to both of you!

9. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@chibee: @T.H.O.U.: Congrats ladies!! Welcome to the April thread!

10. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@nana87: haha I understand, no worries sounds very interesting!

11. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @chibee: welcome!!! So exciting to see the thread growing congratulations!!!

12. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

Thank you! I'm so excited to have you guys to go through this with!

13. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

Who have you guys told?? We couldn't contain ourselves and told our parents & siblings already!!

14. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@nana87: @chibee: welcome and congrats ladies!!!
    @T.H.O.U.: wait, how did I miss your announcement?!

15. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@nana87: @chibee: @T.H.O.U.: I'm soo excited

And I cam add it to the list later, but I also have an appointment on Monday, and much to my surprise...it is an ultrasound!! So excited

16. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

So I just used an online due date calculator, because my date I got from the tracker app seemed a little late in the month, and it said April 7th.. so confused.

How did you guys get your dates?

ETA: I have my first appt. on Monday!

17. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@chibee: @T.H.O.U yayyyyy congrats to you ladies too!

chibee, we haven't told anyone yet, though we have only known 12 hours, lol, and I'm alone in the UK so haven't seen anyone that I would even consider telling--I'd prefer to telling people in person if I can. dh is pretty private (more than me) so we decided we weren't going to talk about it very openly until we either made it past the 1st trimester or were in a situation where it seemed like we should say--like, when I'm ~7 weeks we'll be staying at his parents' house for a few days then camping with some of our closest friends, and if I'm all pukey we'll have to tell them so they don't worry, haha. Or I'll see my dad around then as well and he'll want to know why I'm not drinking wine with him

18. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@chibee: We haven't told anyone except DH's boss. It was pretty much to let him know, in case DH needs to go to any appointments with me or watch DS while I'm at them.

19. T.H.O.U.

Thank you for welcoming me ladies. I just got a real positive today so it's still sinking in.

I am trying to catch up on this thread, a lot has already been said!!

I did get my first appointment set up for September 3rd. We will see how I am feeling, I may call back and see if I can go sooner. We definitely won't be telling people until we have confirmation with an ultrasound

20. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@chibee: Only my mom and husband know! We are waiting a bit to tell anyone else.

21. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: We're waiting for an ultrasound, too...at least! I'm not in any hurry to tell people.

22. T.H.O.U.

@Dandelion: I'm not in a huge hurry either. But I have a feeling I will be showing sooner rather then later.

23. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

wow, I miss a few days and this thread is blowing up! Congrats and welcome to the new April mamas

24. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@jill_a55: I also used an online calculator - but used the date when we conceived, rather than the first day of my last period because i have irregular cycles.

25. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@jill_a55: we used our date of conception in an online calculator
    @chibee: we told my mom and sisters and DH's moms (they're lesbians ) I'm not telling FIL and his wife because if anything went wrong I wouldn't wanna talk to them about it. We don't get along.

26. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I will be, too, I think, since I'm so recently postpartum. I'm probably a lot stretchier, lol.

27. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@jill_a55: I have no idea when I ovulated, so at the moment I'm going by my lmp until I get a dating scan.

28. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@Dandelion: Ugh, cutting coffee out completely? I vacillate about this. I've cut back to one half caff k cup a day. The Dr said one cup a day is ok, but should I really be cutting it completely??

29. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@HazelEyes: I don't want to cut back...I would keep drinking it, but it makes me want to throw up. It saddens me.

30. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@jill_a55: I've used a couple online ones and they range from the last week of march through the first week of April. When I had my blood test the Dr gave me March 29, but I think I'm more like April 1/2. Not that its a huge difference, but I am straddling two months, which is a little annoying.

31. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@Dandelion: ahhh, missed that part. Oh goodness, I hope that doesn't happen. That is tragic. My heart goes out to you and your morning joe.

32. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@chibee: We told my parents. But that is just bc I was staying with them for vacation for a few weeks and I couldnt get around the weird eating/not drinking wine with dinner. Almost told the ILs, but it was at a family party, and didn't want to take away from my SILs event. Hopefully soon though!

33. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@jill_a55 I used an online calculator using the first day of my last period, so it's tentative until I have a dating ultrasound on 8/23. I suspect it's pretty close to accurate though.

@chibee @T.H.O.U. @NANA87 - congrats and welcome! It's so exciting to see this board filling up.

We haven't really told anyone yet. One of my best friends knows, but that's it for now. After the first ultrasound & drs appointment (8/22 for me), we will tell our families, but that's it until about 12 weeks I think.

Except I've been feeling pretty lousy, so I might need to say something to some coworkers who can cover my classes if I need to run out to the restroom or something. haha. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

34. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

on the subject of coffee: ooof it's only been one day and this caffeine thing is hard! i automatically started making a coffee after I POAS and then actually yelled "holy sh!!" outloud (and I was alone here...) when I realized I couldn't have it I've since decided that I can still have my morning coffee at least, and made 1 shot of espresso with my little capsule machine instead of my normal 2, but this afternoon was rough without a booster!

35. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@nana87: congrats and welcome! I agree- no caffeine Is hard. I'm keeping my morning coffee ritual unless I can't keep it down or get nauseous( which has been the problem lately lol)
    @luckypenny: I can't believe that Chinese man did that! I don't understand how people can be so rude!

36. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

We haven't told anyone yet- were going to my dads 816 so we will tell him then and then 3 days later flying to fl to tell DH parents, siblings. I'm so excited to share the news! this is a hard secret to keep!!

37. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87 I've still been having one small cup of coffee a day. I skip it if it doesn't appeal to me, but it's so hard to go without. I'm extra groggy sleepy without it. I do pour it in a measuring cup first, so I know that I'm not drinking too much.

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

, @T.H.O.U.: @Dandelion: we were going to wait until after Monday to tell my parents, both because that is when our u/s is, and the wedding will be over, but I've been feeling so rotten that it was pretty obvious, so, there was that. But only one of my sisters knows, and DH's family doesn't yet.

I've had to tell quite a few people where we live, though, because we have no family around and have needed help/to leave work early on account of how sick I've been. I am just finding that it is easier for people who I see everyday to know and to know about my history to cut me some slack if and when I need it.

As far as caffeine goes, not much coffee here, but I'm drinking coke like it is going out of style. It makes me feel human.

39. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@LovelyPlum: I am a Diet Coke addict, but the last couple days I have had part of one, and felt completely lousy afterwards... so sad. It's just so good!

40. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Dandelion: well compared to most of the thread it seems that' we've told the world, lol. We told our parents, siblings, my grandmother and a few very close friends. I figure I'd want the support either way and it's hard to keep such a big secret!

I gave up caffeine about two years ago, I felt like my lack of energy in the afternoon was related to needing that 2nd latte. But coffee is something I've been craving a TON lately as well as deli sandwiches (I'm mostly meat free) and wine!! Must be my body rebelling at the "no no" factor

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee