Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@LovelyPlum: good luck! Sending good thoughts your way!

2. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@futuremama: thank you!! How are you feeling, lucky baby buddy?

3. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsSpadusa: thanks!

Eta: I just saw you had nausea too. Mine has been awful, too. I'm right there with you!

4. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@MrsSpadusa: welcome & congrats mama!! Where in FL are you moving? I'm a FL native

@LovelyPlum: how scary! I'm glad they didn't find anything. Fx for even more good betas also, saw Argo & LOVED it! Haven't heard of dr who but maybe we will look into after we finish Big Love. We are only on season 2 though so it may be awhile lol

5. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@MrsSpadusa: Welcome! Congrats!

6. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@LovelyPlum: I feel like poo I took a four hour nap yesterday afternoon and still slept for 8 hours last night. Then my vitamins made me sick this morning. This nausea is brutal, but I'll take it because I didn't have any symptoms with #1 or 2.

7. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@MrsSpadusa: awww welcome and congrats!!!!! Yay twins

8. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@luckypenny: somewhere northeast fl- Atlantic beach, jax, or st augustine. Where are you from there?

9. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Sorry to crash y'all board but @MrsSpadusa: that's my area I'm more of the jax beach area

10. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@MrsSpadusa: vero beach, super small town. In between Orlando and west palm. We're goin to Jax for thanksgiving. FIL just moved there from New Jersey

11. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@luckypenny: I used to live in West Palm in my early 20's, I loved Vero Beach!

12. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@cmbknyc: small world! Unfortunately my parents sold their house there but I really want to take the kids one summer

13. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

Do any of you have your first doctors appointments scheduled, yet? Mine is the 14th. Another week and a half! Seems so far away, lol.

14. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@Dandelion: mine is the 13th! But DH said he thought 1st appointments should be during 8th week and ill only be 6?

15. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@luckypenny: I'll be 6 when I go. Some offices are different than others. At 6 weeks, most babies have heartbeats, so if they do an US, you might see one.

Just depends on the office! Also, circumstances. I'm high risk, so I'll be seeing a lot of my doctor's office (and of my baby in ultrasound!)

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Dandelion: I have one scheduled for the 19th, but I might also be going in this week to follow up from my ER adventure last week. I've already had an ultrasound, courstesy of the ER as well, but clearly they didn't see anything-I was 4+3 when they did it. Not sure when my next us will.be, but I will be 7 weeks at my appt.

@futuremama: meeee toooo! Like seriously, gross. But I'm counting my blessings, because this is all.pretty new and different!

17. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@luckypenny: it's such a great place I'm sure they will love it one day!

@Dandelion: I had a pregnancy confirmation appt on July 29th but my first real appointment is the 26th...soooooo far away, lol I'll be 8 + 1 by then

18. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@cmbknyc: I like the pregnancy confirmation appointment...it's nice to have someone tell you you're not crazy and that this is for real, lol

19. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Ill probably call and confirm that the 13th is right. I don't wanna go and then have them send me home!

20. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@luckypenny: my doctor said anywhere between six and eight weeks was normal. I just couldnt get in earlier because he is out of town! It sounds to me like you should be fine, but if you want to call, it can't hurt, right?

21. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

hi everyone! joining you all. i'm nervous because it's so early on in the pregnancy and it still doesn't feel real. feeling cautious but i wanted to say hello anyway.

EDD if you have one: April 14, 2014
    When Did You Find Out?: 11DPO
    Child Number: 1
    What kind of provider will you see?: Looking for an OBGYN who practices at a birthing center
    When's Your First Appointment?: TBC, maybe end of August
    What kind of birth do you want?: Unmedicated natural
    What You're Most Excited For: EVERYTHING!
    What You're Most Scared About: Not having a sticky / healthy baby first and foremost, then stretch marks, c-section, not staying as active as I currently am.
    Symptoms so far: Cystic acne. Also fatigue. I already took two naps this weekend and I never, ever nap - I suffer from FIMO (fear of missing out, ha!).
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: We are going on vacation in a couple of weeks for a destination wedding. It'll be hard keeping this a secret!
    Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart:

22. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@SupernovaJ: yay more April mama's!!! Welcome and congratulations

23. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@SupernovaJ: yay! Welcome!! Sounds like fatigue is hitting us all the hardest so far where is the destination wedding! I'm jealous!

24. megz06

apricot / 335 posts

Hi! I am new to the boards!

EDD if you have one: April 13th
    When Did You Find Out?: 3 days before my missed period
    Child Number: One
    Where You Live: ND
    What kind of provider will you see?: I am seeing a regular MD who will transfer me out to an OBGYN in the late weeks of my pregnancy
    When's Your First Appointment?: I had my blood test on the 1st, but my first appt to just talk to the Dr. is Thursday
    What kind of birth do you want?: I would like natural, but I am open to meds/other so long as both me and baby are healthy
    What You're Most Excited For: Finding out the sex!
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage and labor
    Symptoms so far: Extreme fatigue, cravings, slight bouts of nausea throughout the day
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: I am going on a business trip to Alabama end of September, but other than that I have nothing going on

25. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@luckypenny: aww thank you! the fatigue is pretty bad. i feel fuzzy all day. how do i get through work like this? i won't lie, i am stressing out because i have so much to do at work in the next few weeks and all i want to do is browse hellobee. ps - we are going to aruba!

@megz06: welcome & congrats on your BFP! our due dates are really close.

26. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@SupernovaJ: congrats and welcome! I suffer from fomo too lol. Good thing is I've been too tired to care lately! Lol plus baby can make a pretty good excuse!
    @megz06: congratulations!

27. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@Honeygold89: last year DH and I lived on beach blvd near Kernan so we were always in jax beach. I really like that area but I think for moving back it'll be nice to be a bit north in a quieter area.

28. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@luckypenny: that'll be nice to visit jax for thanksgiving. A lot closer to drive then NJ! I love veto, it's so pretty down there. I have close friends that live in Melbourne so we sometimes head to vero to play

29. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@Dandelion: I'm scheduled to go the 23rd. I'll be at the end of 7 weeks. They wanted between 6-8 and that was the only day that worked for both is us. It'll be nice though bc we should be able to see LO heart beating! I'm so excited for that!

30. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@SupernovaJ: hey there! Glad you decided to join
    @megz06: welcome to HB! And congrats!

So my good news of the day: my hcg was 495 on Saturday, up from 214 on Thursday. I was anxious to get the number, but I am so happy with it! Also, it looks like they want to do an ultrasound next Monday to check things out. OK by me-I will be six weeks and will hopefully get to see a heartbeat! My last six week scan went horribly wrong, so I am super excited to have a good one. I'm hopeful. This pregnancy feels so different than the last two! Five weeks today

Do anyone else's ab muscles hurt all the time? I know they are stretching, but I'm a little surprised at how quickly it has happened. Maybe because this is the third? Not sure, but it seriously feels like I've done about 500 sit ups every day for the last week. I have actually considered buying one of.those compression bands just so my ab muscles don't have to work so hard at the end of the day. Pathetic? Maybe. But I'm over it

31. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@megz06: Welcome!

32. megz06

apricot / 335 posts

Thanks everyone!

33. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@LovelyPlum: Yeah, I get sore easily. I spent all day Saturday at the park for DS's party and Sunday I was so stiff. But, I've only been more active the past 2 months, because I was recovering from my ordeal with S in March.

I'm also having RLP pretty early, which is not do great.

34. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Hi all...I am tentatively chiming in here but nervous about it. I'm still adjusting to this whole "being pregnant" thing, and it doesn't yet feel entirely real.

EDD if you have one: April 2
    When Did You Find Out?: Two days after my missed period...maybe like 15 dpo?
    Child Number: One
    Where You Live: PA
    What kind of provider will you see?: My ob/gyn is at a women's healthcare practice, so I'll see a mix of her, certified nurse midwives, NPs
    When's Your First Appointment?: Had a blood test to confirm on Thursday, and I will call to schedule an appt. today
    What kind of birth do you want?: No strong feelings on this, honestly. Interested in unmedicated but definitely open to an epidural.
    What You're Most Excited For: Meeting this baby.
    What You're Most Scared About: The reality of parenting, telling everyone (I hate attention)
    Symptoms so far: Eh. I've been a little more tired than usual, and I wear out really quickly when I exercise. I've had some cramping, pretty bad breakouts, and today I think I am starting to get just a little bit queasy. I mostly feel normal, though.
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: We've got a bunch of weddings to travel to this fall. I'm also a teacher who goes back to school in a couple weeks, and I'm excited about that too.

35. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@MrsSpadusa: that funny I'm like five mins away from Kernan Blvd now I stay off beach blvd and grew up on the north side in a quite little neighborhood which my parents still stay.

@LovelyPlum: yay that's great you've been on my mind this weekend

Now I'm leaving you guys board and back to my own lol good luck and congrats to you all

36. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@megz06: welcome and congratulations!

@SupernovaJ: I stay home with my 15 month old so at least I get to nap when she does and now I'm super jealous! I heard Aruba is beautiful!

@LovelyPlum: so happy about the good levels!

@gilmoregirl: welcome to HB and congrats!! A lot of my mommy friends IRL are teachers and planned to get pregnant around the spring so their mat leave ran into summer. You'll get lots of time with your LO and that just reminded me I'm sad they're all going back soon

37. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@gilmoregirl: yay! Hi there, welcome, and big congrats! Don't worry, we are all nervous early on in these boards. You're in good company

38. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@SupernovaJ: @megz06: @gilmoregirl: Yay! Welcome

@LovelyPlum: Great news about the numbers! And yes about the abs. Although its much lower than crunches. But sometimes they make me double over. Yuck

So new this week is the nausea. Woo hoo! a couple mornings I've had cold sweats, dizzy and feeling vom-y. Trying to stay hydrated and food in the tummy, but thats so hard when you feel like that! Other than that mostly just tired. Napping and then still passing out at night. We'll see how this all works out when I go back to school in two weeks!

39. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Thanks everyone!

@luckypenny Mat leave running into summer break was exactly what we were trying/hoping to do. I'm feeling very fortunate that it worked out

40. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

Just popping in from the November board to say congrats to you ladies! Wishing all of you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee