Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: grrrrr! That's the worst!

2. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@LovelyPlum: I think your morning sickness is such a good sign, but what do I know haha Hope you get your results early this morning!!!!

3. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

EDD if you have one: April 6ish...not sure exactly. I joined both this and the March board, because I'm pretty sure I'll be induced around 38 weeks.
    When Did You Find Out?: I think 12 dpo for sure. I don't really know...
    Child Number: Well...3 I guess.
    Where You Live: South Carolina
    What kind of provider will you see?: Midwife and OB/gyn. All in the same office.
    When's Your First Appointment?: August 14th
    What kind of birth do you want?: One that ends in a baby I get to take home with me.
    What You're Most Excited For: The end, haha
    What You're Most Scared About: Another stillbirth
    Symptoms so far: nausea, a little tired and full boobs.
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: DS's birthday party is on Saturday!

The craziest part for me is both my previous pregnancies, the early symptoms were totally identical. This time around, there's more nausea and less cramping and less sore boobs. It's so weird.

4. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

Also, it's weird that I'm due around the same time I was in 2013. But, if it's a girl, I'm happy it'll be born around the same time of year, since I've already got all the right clothes for the right season, lol. Even Easter! I'll be ok with a boy, though, too.

5. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

Hi ladies - I am kind of new here but just got a BFP today so wanted to join in. This is number 2, my daughter is 15 months old. She is going to be a great big sister! I was a part of the May babies group for 2012 and still keep in touch with the group of 18 other May mamas on a facebook page. It was a great resource and support group and I hope this is the same.

EDD: Early April I guess, will find out later ay my confirmation appt.
    When Did You Find Out?: today (13 DPO)
    Child Number: 2 (I had one m/c before my daughter)
    Where You Live: Brooklyn
    What kind of provider will you see?: Midwife and OB/gyn. All in the same office.
    When's Your First Appointment?: today
    What kind of birth do you want?: One that ends in a baby I get to take home with me.
    What You're Most Excited For: To be done with child rearing (we are both 38!)
    What You're Most Scared About: Since LO was breech, I am kind of scared for a regular vaginal birth. I will have the option to to c-section again, but hope to have a regular birth this time.
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: Nothing special.

6. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@Dandelion: welcome! my symptoms are different too. It kinda freaks me out but if I no m/s I'm ok with that I also got KU the same time as LO #1 too. Hoping for a girl so I can reuse clothes too! Hope you have a healthy & happy 9 months mama!

@shortcake: welcome and congrats
    My DD is 15 months too! I love this age spacing

7. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum : any news??

8. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@shortcake: Welcome!

9. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Dandelion: so so happy you decided to be a part of this board too!

@shortcake: welcome!

As a first timer I'm wondering if constantly cramping is normal...I didn't really cramp with AF so it's strange to be feeling it all the time

10. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@cmbknyc: Yeah, it's normal! It's just the muscles starting to stretch out!

11. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Dandelion: thanks for coming here too

@shortcake: welcome!

And I got the best update ever: betas were at 53.1, up from 7.8 on Friday! The little plum.is growing strong, and I can't stop smiling. It is starting to feel real now

12. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@LovelyPlum: yay!!!!! So so happy for you

@Dandelion: thank you for making me feel better...it's all so new and surreal are you doing anything fun for your son's bday?

13. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@cmbknyc: We're having a party on the lake at a park right near our house. We're gonna do some picnic games and grill out. We're excited!

14. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: The best news!! So happy for you Mama

@cmbknyc: I've had tons of cramping and lower back pains. Ugh.

@Dandelion: lake party sounds awesome! how old is your LO again?

15. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@luckypenny: He'll be 6

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

How are you all this morning?

I'm feeling slightly better today,but last night was awful-I was so sick. I have new found respect for anyone going through this with a second child- being sick while chasing a toddler sounds TOUGH!

In happy news, it looks like there are a few more April mamas who should be joining us here soon. I'm excited!

17. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

I might have posted too soon. My hormone levels are very low, this pregnancy is not looking good. I go back next week to check but she said I should probably expect to m/c before then. Hope everyone else is doing well and I will check in again with the group if the situation changes. All the best for the other April babies!

18. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@shortcake: Oh no, I'm hoping for the best for you!

@cmbknyc: Yes about the cramping. I never really had cramps but have had them the last few weeks. Actually they were a lot stronger last night and woke me up

19. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm SO happy you got good numbers! Keep growing Lil Plum!

20. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@shortcake: Oh no! I'm so sorry!

21. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Dandelion: oh the lake party sounds like so much fun! Perfect for a 6yr old boy

@luckypenny: @HazelEyes: all the cramping is very disconcerting!

@shortcake: I'm so sorry!

@LovelyPlum: the nausea is a bummer but it means good things right hope you keep feeling better!

22. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

Ugh, is there a fast forward button? I feel like I was just pregnant. I'm so disinterested in it, lol. I just want to get to the end where I get the baby, lol.

23. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: so far no nausea or morning sickness! (Knock on wood) although its definitely tough being so tired and chasing my toddler! She may or may not be watching a lot of Elmo lol

@shortcake: oh no! So sorry

@Dandelion: haha I'm with you. I gained 70 lbs (!!!) with DD and I'm terrified of being preggo again. I just got back to my normal body ughhhh

24. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@lovelyplum - hoa many DPO are you? My OB said something about betas being around 60 and she would ideally like to see them around 1000 for 4 weeks (or 14 DPO). I get tested again net week so there is still a chance they will increase, I think she was preparing me for the worst. I also had an early m/c a few years ago before I got pregnant with my daughter.

25. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@shortcake: When I had my first betas drawn, I was 11 DP0, and they were 7.8. At 14DPO, or 4w0d, they were 53.1. My doctor was really happy with that number, because they had doubled so quickly. I'm pretty sure that the level doesn't matter as much as the doubling time-they should double about every 48 hours. I'm not entirely sure why your OB said they should be at 1000 at 14 DPO-my doctor gave zero indication that that was the case.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Don't give up hope yet, though! The numbers do have to go up, but they rise rapidly in early pregnancy. Did you have a series of blood draws, or just one? Two in a row will give you more information that just one. For example, when I miscarried my last little one, my number at 14 DPO was 36, but it was more indicative that something was wrong because it took 92 hours for it to double from 16, which was my number at the first draw.

Hang in there!

26. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@lovelyplum - thanks for your response. I am getting tested again next week and in the mean time I started taking progesterone supplements today because that number was low too. I took progesterone with my first pregnancy too and everything worked out well. Waiting a week is the worst part!

27. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@shortcake: I agree, waiting is the worst. I am on P supplements, too-I was for the last one as well. I hope you get nothing but great news! And don't forget-today, you are pregnant, so enjoy it, and take care of yourself

28. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@shortcake: Popping in from February board. The 1000 number that your doctor gave you is absolutely wrong for 14 dpo. My infertility clinic is thrilled with anything above 50 at 14 dpo and lower isn't necessarily a problem. I think the average hcg at 14 dpo is 48 so no one has 1000 unless they are carrying quintuplets. It makes me angry that she is likely causing you unnecessary worry!

29. shortcake

apricot / 288 posts

@raintreebee - thanks for optimism! I have been feeling the same way today. I think she was being honest, but I also realized my dates could have been a little off. I got a positive OPK on 7/16, 7/17 and 7/18 (am), so even though I told her I ovulated on the 16th and I was couting DPO from there, it is also likely that I could have ovulated a day or two later. After all, I did see her the day I got a positive test. I am acting pregnant for all intent and purpose and we will just wait and see what happens next week. I really appreciate all the support, but I don't want to be a downer on the April due date boards until I can join whole heartedly!

30. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@shortcake: wishing the best for you lady! Hoping for nothing but good news

31. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Anyone have any fun weekend plans ? I'm just ready for DH to be home so I can nap all day

32. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@luckypenny: sleep lol, I am tired all the time! Don't know how you do it look after a kiddo all day, you're super mom!

33. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@shortcake: you are not a downer! That is why these boards are here!

We are taking it easy this weekend. I had an unexpected trip to the ER today, and while everything is OK, I'm tired! Glad to catch up on some sleep-and housework!

34. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@cmbknyc: luckily she likes to snuggle! Lol I feel like such a lazy mom so thanks!

@LovelyPlum: oh no! Hope everything's okay

35. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@LovelyPlum: so glad to hear everything is ok! Treat yourself to lots of rest

@luckypenny: I'm sure you're being wonderful! Not to compare children with pets but I wish my fur baby was a constant snuggler. He knows something is different which is fascinating but I can't keep up with his energy, lol

36. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@cmbknyc: congrats and yay for same due date!:)

37. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Gahhh I'm getting so anxious for all the August POAS ladies! I know there are a few testing tomorrow. Fx for all of them

Just for fun: what's your favorite movie on Netflix ? DH and I need a date night in this weekend

38. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

EDD: April 7,2014
    When Did You Find Out?: today 7/29/13 12 dpo
    Child Number: 1st!
    Where You Live: Pa soon to be Fl
    What kind of provider will you see?: Nurse practitioner/ OB. Maybe in FL someone associated with a birthing center
    When's Your First Appointment?: aug 23
    What kind of birth do you want?: natural birth with maybe some Tylenol please! Lol
    What You're Most Excited For: To experience being a mother and the love I will experience for this baby
    What You're Most Scared About: Giving birth or having a c section
    Symptoms: horrible nausea- I've managed to keep it all down thus far! Sore and big breasts, awful metallic taste in my mouth at times, and peeing all the time
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: telling our families about the news, moving, and hopefully a trip to Niagra Falls:)

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsSpadusa: I'm glad you joined us! I am also due the 7th

@luckypenny: I know!!! Also, have you seen Argo? It is good! Though we are currently watching tv series-just started Dr. who!

Thanks for all the good thought ladies. They sent me in to check for ectopic, but so far, they didn't see anything to indicate that being the case. Still,very scary, especially considering I lose my pregnancies early. But my betas were up to 213 yesterday, and they are re-drawing tomorrow. Hoping for more good news. Glad to have made it to 4+4 already!

40. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@LovelyPlum: good luck with the next set of betas. Hoping for sky high #'s

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee