Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@gilmoregirl: Welcome! I love your name! one of the best shows ever!

2. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@megz06: @gilmoregirl: welcome and congratulations!!!!

@LovelyPlum: so excited about your numbers!!! I'm so happy for you that this is feeling different than the past (pretty sure that sentence included some horrible grammar lol but too tired to fix it!)

I'm having more food aversions and lack of hunger than m/s....Sunday will be week 6 so we'll see what happens, I've read that week is common for the onset of m/s

3. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Cara M. 17: thank you!!!

4. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@cmbknyc: I'm having the aversion thing, too. Also, smells will make my stomach turn. I'll be 6 weeks next week (not sure exactly what day), so I'm a little worried what crops up at that point, too!

Last year, while pregnant with S, I was so groggy tired for the entire 9 months. It was so awful. But, this time around, I feel like I have more energy than usual. I'm not looking forward to fatigue setting in, since it kicked my butt last time (it's also a point of contention with me and the loss). If I can have an easy pregnancy this time around, I'll definitely welcome it!

5. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Dandelion: wishing you an easy and energetic 9 months! You deserve it I'm tired all the time these days...hope it doesn't get worse

6. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Ok ladies. I'm kinda freaking out. I just went pee and had pinkish brown spotting when I wiped. I never had this with DD. please tell me this is normal

7. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@luckypenny: Don't freak out...brown is old blood...I had it with S and it was a bacterial infection. Also could be implantation spotting. Don't worry unless it becomes really heavy or there's lots of cramping.

8. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

Hi Ladies! So excited to be a part of this group!

EDD if you have one: April 23rd (according to the app I used for tracking)
    When Did You Find Out?: Yesterday! 5 days after missing my period (I was out of town and distracted or I would have tested sooner!)
    Child Number: One!!
    Where You Live: Arizona
    What kind of provider will you see?: OB GYN.. The one that delivered me!
    When's Your First Appointment?: haven't called yet!
    What kind of birth do you want?: Not sure
    What You're Most Excited For: A Baby!
    What You're Most Scared About: Delivery and gaining weight
    Symptoms so far: Acne like I've never had! Mild Nausea here and there
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: A wedding in September!
    Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart: I haven't posted enough to earn the photo button yet!

ETA: Yay! This post got me the Photo Button!

9. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@jill_a55: welcome and keep posting so we can see that pic!! so exciting i also am having acne... cystic acne which i never have. it sucks but hey, if i get a baby out of it i'm cool with it.

10. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@jill_a55: congratulations and welcome!!
    That's pretty awesome that you will have the same ob as your mom!

11. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@jill_a55: Congrats and welcome!! Your LO has my DD's birthday

12. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@SupernovaJ: Thanks! I feel like all those teenage years of fairly good skin are coming back to bite me!
    @MrsSpadusa: Thanks! I guess that would be the best recommendation I could get!
    @luckypenny: Thanks! Must be a good date then!!

13. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@jill_a55: Congrats and welcome!

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@jill_a55, congrats!

I have the cystic acne that you and @SupernovaJ mention too...it actually hurts to wash my face and it makes me feel so gross. Although it's also worse in my head than it is in actuality. Here's hoping it won't last!

15. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

i'm currently experiencing mild cramps / a slight pressure in my lower abdomen. they are not strong or painful, but i've been noticing them off and on today. they're similar to period type cramps, but on a scale of 1-10, they are just barely noticeable, maybe a 1? is this normal in early pregnancy or should i be concerned? i'm currently 4w1d. no spotting or bleeding.

dude it's so hard not to be alarmed at every little thing!

16. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@SupernovaJ: I had the same thing all during my 4th week and still do experience this occasionally in my 5th fellow Bees and my OB both assured me it's normal - just your uterus stretching
    I was told I should only be concerned If you start bleeding/spotting red

I know - especially since we've never been through this before but I keep telling myself the less stress the better and focus on how I've made to the next week

17. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@jill_a55: welcome and congrats!!

18. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@luckypenny: I just saw this Did you call your doc? How are you?

19. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@luckypenny: any more spotting? Everything I've read says brown is fine...my OB told me the same thing @dandelion said

20. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@cmbknyc: that's really reassuring. i soo agree, since this is my first pregnancy i have no idea what's normal and what's not. i guess it makes sense though...expanding uterus. i just didn't think i would feel anything so early on. but it is very slight. i will keep on eye out for any spotting... thank you!

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Dandelion: I hope your energy continues! I would send you my extra energy, but I have none

So I started the Zofran today, which has good points and bad.

Good: I'm not as nauseous.
    Bad: taking it almost made me throw up-ironic, no?
    Good: I am not extra drowsy.
    Bad: I am super light headed.

I got it so as not to get sick during my sister's wedding this weekend. My fam doesn't know yet, because we were waiting until after her day to tell. But this is going to be hard!

22. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jill_a55: hi there! Welcome, and congrats!

@SupernovaJ: I have that, too. I am pretty sure it is normal, but it is scary! I was so sure AF was going to show at any minute.

23. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@LovelyPlum: i kept thinking AF was going to show up too. like "oh, my body is going to do what it's done every month for the last 18 years". i'm a worry wart too.

thanks for the encouragement ladies. this newb really appreciates it

24. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@LovelyPlum: they make. Zofran tab that dissolves under your tongue and works better/faster then the oral tab. If you find you can't keep the tabs down, I would ask about those. I still have no idea why most docs prescribe an oral tab when they have better options available!

25. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@LovelyPlum: I cleaned half the house today...like detailing, washing the base boards deep cleaning. I would like this energy to stay put, also!

@SupernovaJ: Yeah, it's normal. I'm getting it, too.

26. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: it was just this morning. Should I call my doc?

27. megz06

apricot / 335 posts

@luckypenny: I would call your doc just to make sure, but it sounds normal if it was just this morning and wasn't accompanied by severe cramping.

28. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@megz06: no cramping and its stopped phew! This pregnancy is already SO different than my first!

29. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@SupernovaJ: I am experiencing the same cramping, so glad to know I am not the only one!

30. megz06

apricot / 335 posts

I know it is normal to have bloating, but at 4 weeks and 3 days, my lower belly is pretty round and squishy already. My pants fit a little tighter, but I still button and zip them no problem. I don't feel bloated, and I am drinking up to 9 cups of water a day. Is this normal?

31. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@megz06: Yep, totally normal. It's bloat and constipation.

32. megz06

apricot / 335 posts

@Dandelion: Thank you! Twins run in my family, and I was wondering if this is an early sign, but people said I'd probably sicker (I haven't thrown up. Just nausea since around my missed period).

33. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@megz06: Well...it could be an early sign for twins, too, lol. But since they would be so tiny, you wouldn't be bigger than normal probably until about 8 weeks.

34. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@megz06: I'm there, too! Not feeling bloated, just feeling big. My belly definitely feels harder than it did with the last two pregnancies. And I definitely feel like my hips have gained padding overnight. I haven't gained any weight. but everything just feels rearranged down there. Moral of the story: I like yoga pants

Should we start a due date list? I don't think it necessarily has to. Be a separate thread, like some months have, but it would be nice to do! I'm pretty sure September mamas have one in their main thread that different people re-post to update things like due dates, gender, etc. It is hard to know how to organize-too many thrieads get confusing, but one big one can get out of hand without something to keep us on track! I'm such a nerd and have been reading other month threads for ideas. Nerdy much?

35. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@luckypenny: I'm glad it stopped! I usually call , but I get anxious easily. The nurses are pretty good at deciphering what is me freaking out over nothing and what is worrisome

@MrsSpadusa: that is what I have! But the taste is gross! It has taken the nausea away for a bit, though.

Sorry I'm having trouble keeping up here-I am totally wiped out when I get home. I'll respond more quickly once I can use my own computer at school I am away this weekend, but will catch up when I get back!

36. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: I like this idea! Ill get a list together now that there's a few more of us Mamas here when I get to my computer tonight

Food aversions have started. Went to cook chicken last night and just couldn't do it. Made hubby do it.

37. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

April Due Dates

4/1 - hazeleyes
    4/2 - gilmoregirl
    4/5 - luckypenny
    4/6 - dandelion
    4/7 - lovelyplum, cmbknyc, mrsspadusa
    4/13 - megz06
    4/14 - supernovaj
    4/23 - jill_a55

Upcoming Appointments
    8/8 - megz06
    8/13 - luckypenny, hazeleyes
    8/14 - dandelion
    8/19 - lovelyplum
    8/23 - mrsspadusa
    8/26 - cmbknyc

checking in
    shortcake: any news?

38. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@luckypenny: yay for the list!

So tonight was my first complete emotional breakdown...... Over coffee.lol. DH is less then supportive of my java habit at the moment and its been a source of grief for us both(even though I'm limiting it to 2 weak brewed cups per day if I can tolerate that much and making sure everything else I eat doesn't have caffeine in it) . Tonight he saw a Starbucks and suggested we go and then said oh wait- cant you're pregnant. I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life. He didn't mean it badly but I really wish our DH could know what we are going through with all this cant do this, can't do that, and changing bodies. Ugh
    , sorry for the venting- needed to get that out!

39. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@MrsSpadusa: ughh im sorry lady! I may have no physical symptoms but emotionally I'm a wreck lol I think I cried twice yesterday. Can't remember why for the life of me! I was also denied coffee at my favorite breakfast place. This Chinese man yelled at me for even asking! Yup. Never went back

PS I was a SERIOUS coffe drinker (like 10 shots of espresso a day) with my 1st. I did a detox of a week 1/2 decaf 1/2 regular. I didn't need the withdrawl on top of morning sickness. It really helped. Then acid reix kicked in and couldn't drink coffee anyway

40. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

ahhhhhhhhhh!! I just posted on the August POAS board but thought I'd pop in here as well!

EDD if you have one: April 18
    When Did You Find Out?: today!! CD 28
    Child Number: 1!
    Where You Live: NYC, though I'm actually temporarily living in the UK right now for my phd research. I'll be home for at least 7 weeks starting at the end of this month though
    What kind of provider will you see?: ob/gyn
    When's Your First Appointment?: haven't called yet, but hopefully soon after I get home around Labor Day, which will be around the right time for an 8 week appointment
    What kind of birth do you want?: the ob/gyn I chose awhile back delivers at a hospital with a birthing center for low risk pregnancies. my hope would be to deliver there since it's a little homier/more comfortable but still inside a hospital, which makes me less anxious in case anything goes wrong
    What You're Most Excited For: feeling kicks! seeing my husband's face filled with love for our lo (haha that sounds soooo cheesy)
    What You're Most Scared About: I'm away from home right now...I need to rethink my travel plans for my dissertation research and that's overwhelming!
    Symptoms so far: nothing that I thought was unusual--fatigue, some cramping, some gassiness/constipation...
    Any fun plans for the end of summer/fall?: I'm just looking forward to being home! DH and I were going to go to Italy around Thanksgiving, but we'll have to think about whether we still want to do that or if I should maximize my time here doing research so I can get home sooner

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee