Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas - Nursery Progress

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Aww someone bought our butterfly mobile off our registry! I had it on my to-do list to DIY this thing but honestly I'm feeling pretty lazy regarding craft projects at the moment, so I'm pretty thrilled to receive it. Yay!

2. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@PawPrints: aw so whimsical!!! i love it! i planned on DIYing a mobile too but... doubt that's gonna happen at this point!

3. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Pawprints: I love your mobile! So sweet looking!

@Loki: That's been my plan all along, to make a mobile. In fact, with only 5 1/2 weeks left 'til my EDD, I'm still convinced (probably erroneously!) that I can do it. My mom's visiting for the next two weeks, so I'll see if she can help. A trip to Michael's is definitely in order! Good luck with yours if you still plan to DIY.

4. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Getting organized this weekend! The striped bins in the closet are for holding shoes, socks, bibs, towels, hats, bottoms and stuffed animals.

The wire baskets are in the cabinet attached to the dresser/changing table and hold diapers and receiving/swaddle blankets.

The last pic is the bookshelf with ALL of LO's books! At the shower last weekend, everyone brought a baby book in lieu of a card. I love to read so it's only appropriate that baby already has a great library!

Still lots of work to do in the nursery but I'm feeling great about the progress and more and more ready for him to arrive!

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: Great organization! From looking at your second pic I might suggest moving diapers to the top or your back is going to ache after awhile!

6. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

Wow yall rooms are looking great! We finally painted Jessie's new room last night. Hopefully we will move her in today and then I can focus on finishing up Sydney's clothing organization and removing Jessie's name from the wall etc... (things should move quickly from her on out, I hope!) we will be adding gold accents to Jessie's new room and I'll share Sydneys room when I've moved all Jessie's stuff out!

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: omg you're so organized, these pictures are making me feel like a mess. our closet is literally just... everything throw in on the floor haha. good work!

@Mrs. Sunshine: aw love the colours & the stripe, that's so pretty!

@Astro Bee: i kind of gave up on the idea. i wanted to make a felt cloud mobile but went to michael's and they didn't have good felt colours i liked... i looked online to order some but... all my motivation is gone now so i think i'm over it haha.

8. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: good call. I was also planning on having a smaller basket on top of the cabinet for diapers, wipes and cream - trying to decide if that's necessary. Thoughts?

@loki: thanks! I love being organized and would put everything in bins and baskets in my house if I could!

9. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: I got a "diaper caddy" that sits on top of the dresser right next to the changing pad and I got a lot of use out of it.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KING1U/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=3OYVW5BK9CM4&coliid=I3QCCQHO0JKVNN&vs=1

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@PawPrints: That's so pretty!

@loki: The rooms looks great! Feels good to get stuff up on the walls doesn't it? I made a cloud/sun/moon/Stars garland to hang over the window. It took a few hours of stitching but I did it while watching TV.

@SunshineMcC: Super organised! I'm totally feeling the nesting urge to get stuff sorted!

@Mrs. Sunshine: Looking good. Looking forward to the finished product.

So my chair got delivered. The website says delivery inside your front door only... the UPS guy leaves this giant box in my driveway! I asked if he could help me unbox it/get it in.. but no. I'd call the company to complain but i'm thinking I might cry while talking to them. If i wasn't pregnant I would totally get it in the house by myself! I guess I just have to wait until DH gets home!

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: oh that's super cute - thanks for the link!

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: having everything as close to you and baby as possible is probably a good idea.
    @Banana330: I'm sorry they left it in your driveway. Those pieces are heavy so im glad you waited for DH to help you bring it in.

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: come over and fix my room haha!

@Banana330: omg that is awful, you should totally complain! so rude of the guy! he couldn't even just put it in your front door knowing you're pregnant? grrr.

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: @marionberry: I did complain! and the company was wonderful. They said cause it didn't fit through our door in the box UPS couldn't deliver it in (UPS policy). But sent someone from their office over to bring it in for me! It's still sitting in my hall but it's gorgeous and I can't wait until my DH gets home to put it in the nursery! I'll post a pic later

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

It's here! I love it. Just the right size, gentle rock and so comfortable. I'm pretty sure we couldn't fit most other chairs through our doorways and up our stairs.

16. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: such a beautiful chair, and the stool looks so great with it!!!

17. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Banana330: Love love love your chair!

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: that chair is awesome!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: @marionberry: @Boopers: thanks ladies.. I've been in love with this chair for a while now and thankfully my parents gifted it to us! It's awesome..

20. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: That is such a gorgeous chair! What a lovely gift from your parents!

21. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@Banana330: Love that chair, who makes that and where did you get it from? Thats the last big thing we need for our nursery.

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: It's monte designs, a toronto based company (http://www.montedesign.net/). It seems a number of independant baby stores carry there chairs, and i've seen them online at land of nod too. this one is nice cause it's quite compact (it's the Joya rocker) and the Como Glider is super comfortable (but a tiny bit bigger).

23. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Finally finished Reagan's big girl room this weekend! And put a couple new touches to the nursery to make it Ryan's. Will probably take a few posts to get up the pics!

Here are the basic pics of the new room.

24. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Here are some detailed shots of the things I DIY-ed.

Made all the small pillow covers (small pillows get moved to the edge of the bed at night to create a barrier that seems to work really well keeping Regs in her bed). Painted the bench and recovered the seatcover. Made the curtains and valances.

We also painted the bed pink and painted any of the colored frames around the room. Oh and made the R over the bed!

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: oh wow, it all looks so, so lovely! You must feel so great about how it looks and that it is all done - what a beautiful, organized room - thanks so much for sharing!!

26. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

And now for the nursery...

Painted and hung "Ryan" above the crib (which has not been raised back up yet). Cleared all of Reagan's nicknacks off of the hutch. Ryan doesn't have nearly as many trinkets, don't know if this is a second baby thing, or just haven't gotten them yet.

Didn't do too much to the rest of the room. Same recliner and other decorations.

27. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: woooooooow i am so impressed you were able to get all that done while pregnant (and with a toddler)!!! you're a star. it looks so good, i woulda killed for a room like that as a little girl. does she love it?!?!?! is she sleeping in there yet?

28. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Thank you! She does love it. Because I haven't posted enough pics, here is one of her loving both the top bunk and hanging on the bottom bed.

We have pretty much 100% transitioned into the big girl bed. Slept overnight for almost two weeks and took both weekend naps in there!

@SunshineMcC: Thanks! It does feel real good to be complete!

29. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

One last thing. Here are the closets. Nice and organized for now! First one is Reagan's. As you can see, she has way too much clothes (this is 9-12 month and 12-18 month clothes). There is more in the dresser (socks, tights, onesies, bottoms, PJs, and swimsuits).

Second is Ryan's. This is all the 0-3 outfits. Top is the stuff that can pass for the warmer months. Bottom is all winter stuff that I am not sure we will get much use of (Reagan wore 0-3 for Nov through Feb, a little different than this baby). Dresser has same stuff as Regs.

30. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@NeekieRose: I don't know how I missed your update, but both rooms look amazing! Your daughter looks like she really loves her big girl room!!

31. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Here we are pretty much finished. I ended up using the pom decorations from my shower to decorate. I want to add one more small photo to the gallery wall, but overall we are happy with the room. The only thing we are missing now is a baby

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: You've gotten so much done! I am so impressed! Both rooms look fabulous! I especially love the headbands and clips hanging on the wall! What a creative idea.
    @boopers: Congrats on being done! I like your choice of colors.

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Boopers: Thanks! And your nursery looks great! Love that you incorporated decorations from your shower.

@marionberry: Thanks! Yeah, went a little crazy with headbands for Reagan so I needed a way to keep them organized. Her hair is at an awkward length right now where headbands don't really work, so we have moved on to bow clips. Figured Ryan will be getting the most use of the headbands for the next little while so might as well leave them in the nursery.

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: your room looks great!

@NeekieRose: I can't believe you did both rooms! They look great and I too can't believe how many headbands you have!

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Well we're finally done the room! The last shelves were finally put up today, just in time for the shower.

36. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: Thanks! Your nursery is so cute! I lovvvvee the clouds over the crib!

37. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: looks awesome! I love those clouds!

38. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Everyone's nurseries are looking so nice! Amazing work.

What is everyone including in their changing station arsenal? Our changing table is getting delivered tomorrow so I can get started on that finally. We are cloth diapering, so I'm picturing a basket of diapers/covers, some snappis, butt paste, wipes warmer filled with cloth wipes, and the pail/liner and clothes hamper nearby on the floor. Oh and obviously the changing pad. Anything missing?

Also, second-time moms with multi-floor houses: did you set up a full changing station on every floor of your house? Our nursery and changing table are upstairs and I'm not quite sure how much to set up downstairs. (Or where to put it).

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: I put a storage container with diapers, wipes, burp cloths, diaper cream, and a blanket to put down on the couch in our living room. I found I spent most of my time during the day down there and didn't want to trek upstairs very often, esp while healing from a c-section. We bought a new house since then which required me to make a container for our basement as well. Just put the container on the couch or in some furniture nearby.

40. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@marionberry: That sounds totally doable. Our coffee table has a shelf underneath it so we could just set up a basket under there with some diapers and wipes and one of our fold-up travel changing mats.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee