Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: YAAAAAYY!!! so glad you called and that everything is fine! Congrats on your little girl! phew, now you can relax and get excited and start planning things for your girl, woohoo!

2. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: YAY YAY YAY! So excited for you! You were right all along!!!!!!!!

3. loki

pear / 1787 posts

thanks guys! I totally knew! now that i know it's a girl i'm all of a sudden TERRIFIED of having a daughter haha.

4. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@loki: I'm scared for the teenage years...especially with two hitting it around the same time! But our parents survived teenage girls, we can too! lol

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @loki: Oh, so scared of the teenage years. But that's a long time away. Just focus on all the girly pink! And bows! And dresses! Getting Reagan dressed for the day is seriously such a highlight.

6. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @NeekieRose: haha ya everyone hopes she gets my husband's personality except my mom who hopes i get payback... i just don't have a great relationship with my mom. i really want us to be close! her dad is suuuuch a softie and i know she's gonna be a complete daddy's girl. i just hope she loves me too! haha.

7. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Oh she will love you! Especially the first few years! Ha

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So, complete disappointment. The tech wouldn't tell us either. It was a long, quite uncomfortable scan and the baby wouldn't cooperate so I'll have to go back in two weeks to get the profile and heart done. She did know what it was but wouldn't tell us, we have to wait to see our midwife. Feels like a complete waste of time! Poor DH rushed back from meetings to see basically nothing.

9. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: OH NO i know exactly how you feel and i'm so upset for you!!! i hoped no one else would have to endure that when do you see your midwife? eta: i'm so sorry

10. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: what?? Bummer! What is wrong with these people?

11. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: Hooray!!

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I don't go back until Dec! But i'm assuming they will call me to go in for the other ultrasound since the tech couldn't get all the measurements.

@Mrs. Sunshine: I know! I feel like the doctors and midwives should know the policies and not set you up for disappointment. I'm going to tell my midwives that next time I see them.

As my DH said, we know nothing more than we did this morning. ugh

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: Congrats! I'm so jealous.

So jealous because it's twin boys over here! My OB couldn't find the HB on one twin at my appt today so she did an ultrasound and since she knew I wanted to find out looked around for me. At least no paying for weddings in our future!

14. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: oh yay! Congratulations! That's really exciting!

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: the tech wouldn't even pass the gender info along to the midwife? i would try to get your midwife to call and find out! that is so frustrating

@marionberry: oh wow! two more boys! i know you were hoping for a girl but brothers will be SO SWEET! i always love looking at Bower Power Blog... her little boys make me want boys so badly! and she has three. i'm sure your little guy will be so excited to know it's boys. everything was okay with the heartbeats?

16. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@marionberry: oh congrats on your boys so exciting!

17. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: that sucks that you were also not able to find out!! is this a Canadian thing maybe?! I feel like that's not the norm in the states... booo I would also be calling the midwife asap...

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: Congrats! Wow twin boys! very exciting!

@loki: Ya, I hope she will, it will have to go to the radiologist first so not sure how long that might take. I'm hoping we can find out by the end of the week! There goes us getting it written down and finding out just us together...

19. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: it's very bizarre because i don't know anyone who wasn't able to find out! my best friend just found out before me. but now i know of me and @Banana330: so it must be more common up here!

20. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: ya i was really disappointed about not finding out together. the receptionist literally told me on the phone and i had to call my husband. he was at lunch and i couldn't get a hold of him on his cell. i told him while he was in the middle of paying... so not exactly how i imagined it but it doesn't take away from it at all now that we know! one day we'll laugh about it, maybe. ours was on friday and we found out today so hopefully you'll know by thursday or friday!

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I was told by my midwife they would tell us, that's why I had DH come. Maybe it's just some techs are more by the book than others? or it's a grey area to tell.

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: Yep both 145. With twins sometimes finding them on Doppler can be hard and it's difficult to know you're getting two different heartbeats and not one baby twice.

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: oh great! if you want, once she's a teenager, you can have my daughter and i'll take one of your boys

24. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: I just loled at your swapping comment!

@marionberry: Twin boys!! Congrats! So glad you got to find out earlier than you thought (and that all is good with the heartbeat!)

@Banana330: ugh! Sorry they couldn't tell you. That just doesn't make any sense. If they know, what is the harm in telling you?

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: congrats! So happy for you - twin boys! Yay! J will be so excited to have two little brothers!

@Banana330: So sorry for your disappointing appointment today. Boo! Boo! Hoping that you find out very, very soon! Hugs!

@loki: She will ADORE you! Not to worry!!!!

26. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @loki: @lulu22: @Banana330: @NeekieRose: @SunshineMcC: Thanks so much ladies! Turns out my mother's intuition was right. I'm excited for J to have little brothers to play with. And good news is we already have tons of boy clothes and trucks to play with lol.

@Loki: I did love your comment. I'm sure many moms of girls think that in the teenage years!

27. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: ugh, so sorry they wouldn't tell you either

@loki: yay congrats on the girl!

@marionberry: woo! More boys! Congratulations! Your son will love having brothers!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: if she's anything like me i'll probably be ready for a trade much earlier than teenage year.

i can't believe we're at the point where we're finding out gender etc. we're halfway there! our babes will be here before we know it!

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: @SunshineMcC: @Boopers: Thanks Ladies.

I'm kinda over it today. it's frustrating but not much i can do for now.

@loki: I know it's coming up fast, and the time around the holiday's goes so fast so we'll be late 2nd trimester before we know it!

30. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: I know! I was just thinking this morning about how there is only about 5 months left!

Also, the mom brain is really getting me crazy. Last night I was laying in bed before I went to ssleep & I thought to myself "wow, I haven't had a period in a while..." & then I realized why lol i felt so silly!

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: hahaha omg that is hysterical. that's the best part of pregnancy! i have crazy baby brain where i just can't even think of words. i stutter a lot. it's a struggle and it's so embarrassing! haha.

32. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: Hooray for your girl!

I have been so MIA lately. Nothing new to report aside from seemingly getting larger every day. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.

33. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: So crazy, right?! I can't believe next week I'll be halfway there! Time is really flying now!!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I will walk into a room, and have no idea why I am there, what I'm looking for, and just stand there for a minute, trying to remember!

Still tired from my weekend with family in town! Such a great time, but man, I am exhausted this week. Hoping the next couple days go by quickly so I can get to Friday to relax!

34. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

Such an exciting week and congratulations to everyone finding out! We're on a mini vacation and opted to try out a 3D/4D ultrasound place...we can be added to the streak early in the month!

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@As Time Goes By: Congrats! Look at all those boys!

36. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@As Time Goes By: congrats! so exciting!

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Because i'm visual, here's the updated list! Sorry if I missed anyone!

Upcoming Appointments
    11/14 - PawPrints (AS)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)
    11/20 - Rockies11 (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)
    11/25 - NeekieRose

3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    4/1 – Boopers , Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Dancingbee , Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS) , BCHossley
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC (#2)
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

8 Boys
    4 Girls
    3 Team green
    9 TBD

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: thanks for doing the list, i love seeing all the little and graphics. so many boys this month!

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: me too! I easily forget who is having what so I find this much easier...

40. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: the second half of pregnancy goes by much quicker than the first, beware.

@Mrs. Sunshine: I love how you called it mom brain because to most new moms they think it goes away after pregnancy but IMO it most certainly does not! In fact I feel it's somewhat worse now.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee