Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I'm 19 weeks today and only recently back up at my pre-pregnancy weight, sometimes plus 1-2 lbs. (I had lost about 7 lbs in the first tri.) My midwives don't seem concerned at all. I think you all are right that our main weight gaining time will come soon.

@NeekieRose: Very cute pics, thanks for sharing! Nursery planning is fun.

2. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

I'm 19 weeks also, and I've gained 5 pounds. I think that's in the normal range, I hope. Being almost halfway through and knowing that I'm expected to gain 20 pounds in the next half is pretty overwhelming and scary!

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@ineebee: seems pretty normal to me! Last (& this) pregnancy I really made up my mind to eat as healthily as I could, eat when I was hungry (even if it was often! ) & not worry about it. I have had a lot of body image issues in the past but I really worked hard to love myself & set realistic expectations while I was pregnant & they floated over into post pregnancy. Whatever you gain or don't gain, it will all be just fine!

4. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lilyofthewest: I'm so jealous of you and all the other mamas. I lost a few pounds in the first trimester but so far I've gained 10 pounds from starting at 18w2d. The pregnancy book said for 18 weeks I should have gained between 10 and 13 pounds by now so for two babies, I probably haven't gained enough, but oh well. My belly has definitely gotten huge in the last two weeks. These babies are in a growth spurt!
    @loki: I swear by the carseat canopy! I used their cover a few times but don't get the sling. It's pretty useless. I didn't try anything else of theirs but the deal is certainly great.

AFM I got my NT results back today. For my age, apparently ds risk is 1/800 but after my tests ours are 1/1600 so that makes me feel better that obviously my results were twice as good as people my age. Given baby's A higher measurement (2.8) this makes me feel really good. Oh and I have been having these weird muscular pops in my upper abdomen lately if I reach funny. One freaked me out for a second yesterday, but I figure they're nothing. I didn't have any of those with baby #1. Also I'll try to post from my phone in a minute if I have any pictures of J's nursery.

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Here are a couple. We couldn't paint because we were renting at the time.

6. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: great news about your results! that must make you feel better! i can't wait for you to find out what you're having. I'm guessing one of each and ya i didn't even look at the sling so definitely won't be ordering it. i'm pretty pumped about the nursing pillow though, hope it's nice!

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: sooo cute, i'm obsessed with that mirror!

8. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: That mirror and dresser are beautiful!!! And congrats on good NT results!

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: @loki: Thank you ladies. Both the mirror and the dresser were antique store finds (pretty cheap ones at that). I'm very eager to go antique shopping for the twins room as well but I want to know sex first so that I can gear it either more masculine or feminine.

10. Mrs. Sunshine

Okay so Jessie's room isn't as Pinterest worthy as the other photos posted here but we like it! Her room is really really small & I didn't want to have to do another huge painting project later so we just did one wall.

AFM, I just sneezed &then peed myself so that's nice.

11. Mrs. Sunshine

Oh there's a glider in there now instead of the play mat. This was taken before she was here

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Don't you just love that?! It seemed to be a big second trimester problem for me last pregnancy but then ds was breech and so his head wasn't constantly on my cervix and it really alleviated in the third trimester. With two I'm thinking I'm not avoiding that this time.

13. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: yeah its totally my favorite, I'm looking forward to many more coughs & sneezes to come lol

14. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Goodness, so much to catch up on! IVF germ offline since Friday as my parents, sister and nephew were in town. It was a wonderful visit but I'm exhausted still today!

My sister brought me TONS of maternity clothes, which was amazing and my mom and sis instated on taking me shopping to get some pants. The thought of it was so tiring, but in was so glad I went! I think I tried on close to 25 pairs of pants and left with two! Success!

A big milestone for me thus weekend: I felt baby move on Saturday. I was on the couch between DH and my dad and when I told them, they instantly tried to feel. It was so sweet! I felt a couple more yesterday, so it's really neat!

My gallbladder issues are continuing which sucks. I can't even sleep on my right side anymore, but other than that things are good!

@loki: am late to the party in terms of replying, but my heart goes out to you for the crummy experience you had. I'd have been a wreck myself. I'm also so mad at that lady! That's just so mean and so wrong. Sending you prayers did great news this week and I can't wait to hear about gender!!! Sending you a big hug!!!

@marionberry: yay for good news! So happy for you! J's nursery is awesome! Such lovely touches everywhere!

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Ugh even with feeling rubbish all first trimester I'm still up maybe 9lbs now. Hopefully I won't gain a ton in the last half. I can't even blame the bump since it still pretty small/barely exists. But I have started in to the starving phase!

We now have the crib and dresser, but we're in the process of replastering the ceiling so they are all still in boxes! Im looking forward to getting it together. I've even put together a mood board!

We find out tomorrow what it is! I'm so excited. We actually picked out an outfit for each gender while we were away for the weekend. We'll giver the other gender outfit to friends who are due before us.

@marionberry: I love that nursery! Great news on the results.

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: so jealous you're feeling movement! That's awesome!

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: I never left the starving phase....which was a huge issue when I was feeling sick especially. Seriously, I was pregnant, nursing, & now pregnant & some times nursing. I may never eat a normal sized meal again lol

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I ate most of a huge burrito from chipotle and I swear I was hungry again 2hrs later! I'm trying not to give in to the hunger all the time but it doesn't always work.

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: I've gained about 8 pounds so far - or as of 18 weeks. I started off at a decent weight and had only gained 5 at our 16 week appt and was about concerned that I hadn't gained more, but my doc said that baby will have lots of growth spurts, so not to worry. I'm starting to get hungrier too!!! The movement was really cool. I can't wait for more! Can't wait to hear about gender tomorrow!!!

Funny story: the lady I sat next to on the train home tonight had the exact same sweater dress on tonight as me! We both had tights and boots in too. Ha! We chatted a bit and she's at 31 weeks, so assured be the dress would continue to fit for awhile!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I love Jessie's room! The purple is so pretty! I want to do white furniture as well! I love your take on body image and weight gain that you shared! It's so healthy and a good reminder not to be hard on ourselves !

20. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@ineebee: I'd love to work until I go into labor, so I can save my time off for after the baby comes. I get 12 weeks unpaid, but can use vacation and short-term disability to cover some. I'm actually going to ask for 16 weeks, as then I'd have more time off in the summer. DH is a teacher so I'm hoping to have extra time off with him!

@astrobee: congrats on a boy!!!

@pawprints: our guest room is already a pretty blue, so am planning to do something with that. I definitely want white furniture. The room has two walls of windows, so heavy curtains will be important! It's a great room, but so many windows, so it'll be a little challenging for furniture placement.

To second time moms: do you think blackout curtains are essential? Any other items you'd definitely recommend or things that weren't necessary?

21. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Wow, so much to catch up on today!

@Astro Bee: congrats on your news! very exciting!

@loki: your experience really makes my blood boil, you poor thing! I've been so lucky with ALL my drs and clinic visits, DH and I were even impressed with our ER visit... which makes your experience all the more unacceptable! You have every right to be upset and angry! I hope you get some good news tomorrow.

@Astro Bee: I haven't quite decided what to do about my parents and in-laws visiting. I can't be too fussy, because they are travelling from Australia to the USA for us, and I actually AM so relieved I will have their support. The in-laws will come early May and stay for a week and a half and my parents will come a week before my due date and stay for a month. There should be a week in between the two visits. I'm glad my in-laws won't be staying too long though, they are quite intense... my family, on the other hand is pretty relaxed and if they annoy me I will be able to tell them and kick them out for a day or two. haha. I don't really want them in the delivery room though.. I kinda want those special first few moments to be just with DH and the baby and I. If my mom comes alone it will be hard to ask her not to be there though. If dad joins her, it will be easier to request they stay in the waiting room... I'm not prepared to have that conversation yet, until I know for certain if they are both coming.

RE: weight, I have put on at least 11 pounds, maybe 12, I dont really know how much I weighed pre-pregnancy.

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: we haven't had a need for blackout curtains. I've even tried covering her window with a few sheets to see if she would sleep later but no dice. She doesn't care how dark or light it is, she does what she wants. I had/have a clingy, all about mommy child so the only thing I swear by is baby wearing. I could not have survived the 4 month sleep regression without our carrier. It really came in handy.

23. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: We didn't get blackout curtains until we moved but I highly recommend them! They help a ton with naps.

24. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

I LOVE all the shots of everyone's nursery's! Gorgeous! I am going with a white/natural wood theme... here is a pic of my pinterest board so far. Some of the furniture (like the dresser and lamp) will be re-purposed from other rooms in my house.) I actually have a swatch of the wallpaper up in the nursery already and it looks really good and is removable which is great because we are renting! And I ordered a bunch of yarn in those colors (white, beige, mint, gray and light blue) so that I can start knitting a blanket.

25. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

It's so fun to see real nurseries and nursery plans! Should we start an April Nursery thread?

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: my inlaws are in Australia too! But they will be coming for a longer visit than yours. I'm hoping they will do some side trips and I've convinced DH for them to come later in May or early June to give me time to recover. Where's that koala print from?

@Boopers: ooh that could be fun! I love seeing what everyone else is doing!

27. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: The Koala print is from petitpippin.com
    Oh gosh that is so good of you having your in-laws for an extended period of time. Later in May or June sounds wise! It's good they are keen to come over though, it's a long way to travel, shows they are supportive of you guys! I specifically requested my in-laws come in early May because we will have had a little time to settle in and find our parenting style and DH will still be on parental leave (I don't want to get stuck at home with them when he is at work all day, they have a habit of asking invasive questions and making critical comments when he is not around!)

@Boopers: I would love a nursery thread! I will probably change my mind a few times before I commit and it's great to share ideas!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: love the purple, so cute!

@SunshineMcC: @lulu22: thank you ladies! the support here really makes me feel so much better and your empathy makes me feel slightly less crazy

@lulu22: i'm totally getting the hemnes too! it's so great.

29. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I know we have a couple anatomy scans today (@ineebee and @Banana330, I think?)...I am stalking to see genders and announcements of healthy babies! And @loki: do you get to meet with your doctor today?

30. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: @Mrs. Sunshine: cute nurseries! And, dude, the sneezing=peeing thing. Not cool. Only happened once so far, but geez.

I felt baby Ryan on the outside last night! I was laying on the couch with my hand on my belly and I totally felt something!

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: oo forgot about the AS' today! good luck @ineebee & @Banana3030!
    so cute you felt baby Ryan i think i finally felt our lil one yesterday but not on the outside. it felt like weird bubbles but like high up near my belly button kind of. i think it was baby, at least!

i see you just commented in my other thread... not meeting with the dr but contemplating calling. that tread made me feel less crazy/annoying for wanting to so i probably will soon! they will give me the results over the phone so it's good i don't have to go in.

32. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Yeah, I saw your other thread after commenting here. I'd call earlier, so that they have time to followup on the results if they aren't in yet. Especially since it doesn't seem like the ultrasound clinic was too helpful so they might need a reminder!

33. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: My scan is this afternoon! I'm going for a massage after so might not get to update until later.. i'm soo excited.

I'm thinking about making these as a way to tell friends and family.
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/154365016/10-baby-gender-reveal-scratch-off-cards?ref=market

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

so i just spoke to my doctor

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: Yay! you were always right! congrats!

36. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: Those are so cute!

37. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Yahhhhhh !!!!

38. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Is there 3 because it's actually triplets? I know you really wanted twins. Haha

39. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: oh my gosh, yay!! Congratulations! !!

40. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: haha ya the other two were just hiding behind the biggest one. no way! i'd die! haha. the last thing i need is three girls. so just one for now

thanks guys! also... everything is normal/healthy from the ultrasound so that's the biggest relief.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee