Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Jenn23: Wow, what a relief!!!! So glad you got good news about the placenta. I hope you start feeling that movement soon!

2. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Jenn23: that's fantastic news!!! I forgot to ask but I had been wondering how that went!

3. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@SunshineMcC: Yes to the reflux, it has been really annoying. Last night for the first time I had to take Tums during one of my midnight wake-ups. I really like lying down flat so it's irritating. So far it hasn't been painful, just uncomfortable, and the Tums are helping, so hopefully it stays that way.

@Jenn23: Great news!

I got my glucose test/third trimester lab results back and everything is normal. Hooray! That is a relief.

4. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@ineebee: oh that's great that you had so much help - I hear you on feeling a huge relief. I told the gal that helped me that I might come track her down again to look at my registry and give me some other recommendations because she was so knowledgeable and so great.

@lulu22: sorry to hear you've been having chest pain/pressure too - my first thought was whether all was OK with my heart, so am glad that I have an appointment in 2 days to check everything out! I hear you on the obsessing moving from thing to thing. What's your latest one? I'm feeling good about the registry now, but still need/want to find a diaper bag that I like. I really want to order our crib, but am not fully decided yet - so that'll be another big thing to check off the list. I've been reading about hospital bags and coming home clothes, so might go try on some nursing tanks and bras too - I still have 12 weeks, but am such a planner! Ha!

@anonysquire: Ugh to heartburn - I'm with you that Tums don't help much! How do BH and normal contractions differ? This is my first rodeo, so all I've had so far (thankfully) are BH, but I'm getting them often - at least 4-5 times per day.

@PawPrints: congrats on the normal test results - great news!

@Jenn23: Great news, indeed! Thanks for letting us all know!

Anyone else dealing with swollen fingers? Mine are so bad today I can BARELY get my rings off. It's almost painful when they're swollen. I'm pounding the water, but not sure there is anything else to do?!

5. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: yeah, my feet get swollen too. Usually only at the end of the day for me. My calves alps swell and start to hurt. It stinks

6. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Jenn23: great news about your placenta! yay! I have both anterior and posterior placenta (due to my wonky, u-shaped, almost bi-lobal placenta) and some days I feel loads of movement and other days not so much. Not sure if the inconsistency has anything to do with my weird placenta though.

@PawPrints: good news about the glucose test!

@SunshineMcC: oh my, so at the moment the obsession is all about getting the house in order RIGHT NOW haha. In my mind our house has to be in perfect order before the baby comes and apparently I need to do this NOW despite having 3 months left. This includes, but is not limited to, the nursery, so I have my poor DH hanging pictures, rearranging furniture, and I've been clearing out cupboards, sorting, organizing and rearranging like a crazy lady. The other thing I am currently doing is looking into pediatricians because at my last OB appointment the nurse said I need to find one and give them the details. So I've been researching that and DH and I have a "meet and greet" with one on Wednesday morning.

7. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: that's how I was last pregnancy! I had everything finished, including hospital bags packed by 30 weeks! That won't happen this time which is unfortunate because it's eating away at me that things aren't ready but I just have less time/energy this time!

8. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Oh, and congratulations to everybody starting off the third trimester this week! Ovia finally updated my header to say "3rd Trimester" this morning so of course that makes it really official. Time to get ready to get huge. And uncomfortable.

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: I've had my rings of for a while now cause my fingers were getting so puffy overnight.

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: ohh that reminds me I need to get pediatrician recommendations too! We redid our kitchen cabinets in the Spring, but got busy an never finished the floors and countertops so that's also now on my list! We have a contractor coming over this week to take measurements. I'm so excited! Good luck Ruth the meet & greet!

@PawPrints: ha, thanks! Tomorrow is my official start, 28 weeks! I feel like I'm huge and uncomfortable already, so can't wait to see west the next 12 weeks holds!!

11. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@SunshineMcC: @Banana330: My fingers have been feeling swollen too! Some days are worse than others, and on the worst days I can barely get my rings on!

I went to a labor and delivery class last night, and it was so great! The nurse talked a lot about how things are done at the hospital where I'm delivering, compared different kinds of pain management, etc. The sad part was that DH couldn't make it 'cause he was so sick. The nurse actually requested that he stay home when I called to ask about what he should do. I was hopeful that this would be the class that would help us to get on the same page about the reality of the baby, but the fact that he wasn't there makes me *feel* like the distance has grown further. DH is wonderful and loving and understanding, but I want so much for him to feel more connected to the baby. Maybe I'm asking for more than what husbands typically feel at this stage, but it's hard not to want it! Anyone else have this feeling?

12. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@ineebee: so glad the class was great but sorry that your DH couldn't be there. I completely understand how you're feeling! I want DH to be as involved as possible too. I've been talking to baby like crazy and every now and then ask him to talk to him too! Last night when I was reading up on breastfeeding I told him that I was going to need his help and for him to be able to help too. Is there any additional class they he could take, or maybe a 1:1 with the nurse? Our hospital offers a Dads boot camp as well. Maybe you could take the class again with him?

13. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@SunshineMcC: Thanks for empathizing! How did he respond when you told him you'd need his help?

Unfortunately, last night's class was the only class he would've been able to make because of a once-in-a-blue-moon work schedule change. Sigh. I'm sure it'll be fine. He's going to be wonderful, I know. With his sickness and really tough work schedule, it's just been hard to connect, and I think that's what's been making me feel a little sad. Once he gets better I'm sure things will feel more normal!

14. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Hi ladies!

My mom shared this blog post with me today and I thought it was really special, especially for us first time moms, so wanted to share with you!

http://borntobeabride.com/2015/01/09/they-shouldve-warned-me/

15. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@ineebee: It was about 11:45pm and we were in bed, so I didn't get much of a response honestly, but am continuing to reinforce that message - that even though I'll be breastfeeding (hopefully), I'm going to need his help. We are going to a BF class together at the hospital in a few weeks as well, so I'm looking forward to that too! I'm sure once he feels better, you will too - maybe tell him that you're not feeling super connected right now, and try to make a fun date night or other plan? Sending you hugs!

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: @ineebee: my friend who had her baby in Nov said her DH felt weird going to the breastfeeding class but it was awesome. She felt totally overwhelmed after birth and him knowing the latch techniques was really helpful in times of frustration.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I'm super excited our stroller arrived today! We ordered on Boxing Day on sale and they said it wouldn't be in until feb! Hopefully it's everything we want/need!

18. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Banana330: I'm getting the same exact stroller!!! I actually live really close to the headquarters in MA, so I'm picking mine up in just an hour to get it at a discount! What color did you get?

19. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@SunshineMcC: I love this blog post!! Thank you so much for this! I am so sick of the warnings and "end of the world" nonsense. I got similar warnings about marriage ("The romance will be gone after a year," etc.), but none of them were true. Yes, I know having a newborn will be hard, but I know it will also be amazing - otherwise how could the human race still exist?

20. Mrs. Sunshine

@ineebee: people are jerks. Being a parent is hard but ultimately its really freaking awesome. Every single part. I hate "wait until..." comments. I got them while pregnant and I still get them now. You're allowed to enjoy or hate or both every stage you're at!

ETA: thus is regarding the blog post...just in case lol

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@ineebee: the grey... pascal. That's awesome you can get it on a discount at the headquarters! I can't wait to put it together and see how it works! What colour are you getting?

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: I've heard awesome things about that stroller

23. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: oh that's great to hear - that is totally what I'm hoping for! As I was reading this book last night, I was like OMG, there's so much to learn/remember about how to hold the baby, what to do, what not to do! Yikes!

@ineebee: You're so welcome. Same thing here about marriage and I love being married!

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: Ya, it made sense when she said it, and her DH agreed. He said that as a man he felt a bit helpless when she was breastfeeding and he was glad he knew how to help out even a little.

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm hoping it will be my perfect (or almost perfect) urban stroller! I needed something light weight to take on transit, but with a big enough basket etc cause I won't have a car during they day on mat leave etc.

25. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Banana330: I got the black. I realize it might be hot in the summer, but it was the only Cruz they had at the warehouse yesterday and it was soo cheap! DH and I handle heat very well, so I'm hoping the same for our LO! Shrug!

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@ineebee: Black goes with everything! plus it's got that reflective material in the canopy, so it shouldn't get too hot. We set ours up last night.. it's awesome. The grey is quite light, which I like. I still need to get the car seat adapter, but the bug and rain shields were cool (minus the off gassing from the rain shield, i'm glad I opened that up before baby!).

27. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: thanks for the blog link, it was a great article... I am learning that EVERYone has advice to give about having a baby and it's really important to take all the advice with a grain of salt!

@Banana330: @ineebee: yay for new strollers! The cruz was on my shortlist too, but we ended up getting the urbo2 by mamas and papas. It's very similar to the cruz though (but the cruz has a better basket!!) We got ours last week - it's so exciting to set these things up and try them out!

28. Mrs. Sunshine

Anyone else's toes go numb when they are on their feet for a bit? (And I literally mean a bit, like 15 minutes lol) it's annoying.

29. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@lulu22: @Banana330: Ditto!! I was driving the stroller around our living room for longer than I care to admit last night! I think it's the thing I'm most excited about! (Aside from the actual baby, of course)

30. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

hi ladies. Quite the day over here. I had my regular 28 week appt for my glucose test. I've been having lots of BH contractions the past week or so, and when I told the nurse about this, they decided to hook me up to the monitor to see if I was having any in there, and how frequently. I had 3 within the first 20 minutes, so they decided to do an internal exam and run a culture on fFN (fetal fibronectin) - a protein that is present as you're closer to labor. My cervix was fully closed, which was good - and while they were waiting on the results of the culture, sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored. It was a little scary, to be honest. In L&D I only had 4 contractions in an hour and the culture came back negative - which meant there is a 99% chance that I won't deliver in the next 2 weeks. So, my doctor felt comfortable sending me home, but wants to see me again next week.

A little confusing b/c they said that you shouldn't have more than 6 contractions per hour, but that b/c my culture was negative and my cervix was closed, I was fine and the contractions were OK.

In any event, DH & I were both freaked out my it, especially at the concern that I could be in pre-term labor. On top of that, it took 2 nurses 4 tries to get an IV in, so my arms are all puffy and starting to bruise - lots of fun. I took the afternoon off and DH and I took a nap, which was nice. We had lots of prayers flowing for us too, which was comforting.

I had plans to visit family this weekend (a three hour solo drive both ways), but my doctor told me it was smarter to stay home. So that's a bummer, but hopefully just means I'll get more done at home. For now, I don't have any restrictions on my activity or anything like that - but wow, what a day!

31. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: I was sent to L&D twice with LO one and both times all was fine! It is a little scary but try not worry. I'm glad everything checked out

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: I'm so glad that all turned out ok! I know it can be scary but best now to relax and make sure you have your hospital bag packed just in case.

33. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @marionberry: thanks, ladies! I'm glad all is OK too! I still feel a bit netvous and a little fragile today but am looking forward to getting into work snd getting busy to take my mind off it for the day.

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: Glad to hear everything was ok. I've been getting lots of BH, but definitely not hourly ones..

35. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: oh that sounds like a really stressful situation! But I am glad that everything seems to be alright. Maybe your body is just doing lots of preparation to may your full term labor easy

36. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

Do you ladies mind if I join you here? I have been reading along since this board started but never posted because it was hard for me to let go of the fear and worry about whether or not this would work out.

EDD: April 14th, 2015

How far along: 27 weeks

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: We had IVF at the end of July and got a BFP on Aug 4th, and have been seen regularly since..

Any symptoms so far? I am still dealing with a lot of fatigue and had some wicked heartburn last week but overall feel pretty good.

Who have you told? Hahaha at this point everyone! We didn't do any announcements on FB or anything though so I am sure there are some people who have no idea.

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mrswin: Welcome! Good to have another Canadian (and Toronto) mama.

38. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: oh you poor thing! glad everything seems stable, but how stressful for you. Did you end up getting your heart checked out also, you mentioned you had an upcoming appointment for that?

@mrswin: Welcome to the group and congratulations! We also have an April bumps thread and an April nursery thread so be sure to check those out too.

39. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@mrswin: Welcome, welcome! Fellow IVFer here. I remember you from the IF boards! So glad you've joined us!

40. Mrs. Sunshine

@mrswin: welcome! I think I've seen you say that you're due in April a few times and was wondering if I should invite you to join!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee