Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@iluvboba637: how stressful! Glad it is not an infection and hopefully the tube comes out soon. Thinking of you!

2. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@akcoffeebean: how are you doing today?

3. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

First, I will clean up our due date/ birthday list sometime tonight!

Second, I had my 40 week appt today. Not the best news.

Had a cervical check. I'm not a candidate for medical induction. On Bishop Scale I'm a 0: baby is -5, no cervical ripening, no dilation. Baby is estimated 8lb 13 oz and my practice gets worried with baby's weight 9 lb. My amniotic fluid is fine. Official doc recommendation is cesarean in part risk of baby lodging shoulder in pelvis. We will attempt a trial of labor and declined scheduling a cesarean. I go back on Monday for another ultrasound to make sure baby is ok and another doctor visit. My doctors are not on call this weekend, it's another practice that rotates with them so now I'm debating if I will try natural induction methods this weekend.

4. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: good luck mama. Hope one of those natural induction methods work for you. Fwiw I was all those thing you mentioned above which made me not a good candidate for induction with my son but he was induced anyway bc of my bp and it was quite a positive experience for me.

5. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: sorry you didn't get great news today. I hope your body kicks into gear for you! (And hoping the same for myself lol)

6. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: ugh that stinks. I feel like that is what happened to me with my first son (they projected 9lb10oz) and I got talked into the c. He was actually almost a full pound lighter (8lb13) and I remember feeling coerced into something that I did not want and that I think could have been manageable. Hopefully a natural induction works for you and you don't have to decide on something you don't feel comfortable with. However, if you do wind up with a c-section, I have to say it was a very easy experience and recovery so on that end I felt like I benefited.

7. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

She's here! She arrived less than two hours after breaking my water. We're both good but tired.

8. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@akcoffeebean: she's beautiful!! Congrats!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Good luck this weekend! I hope you get the birth experience you want and that baby boy gets into position quickly! I'm glad they didn't induce you when you are unfavorable, that just increases the risk for a section.

10. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@akcoffeebean: congrats!! what a cutie! Hope you doing well momma

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: sorry for the news. This is exactly what I dealt with with my first pregnancy. I chose to be induced at 41 weeks and still wish my body could have gotten with the program but it didn't and I accepted that. I was still 0 dilated.
    Because of what i went through being induced, baby getting stuck in my pelvis, having an emergency c section lead me to choose a RCS this time around. Good luck and either way baby will be in your arms shortly and that's the best thing in the world and so worth all the things us mommies go through !

11. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@akcoffeebean: beautiful!! Congratulations!

12. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Happy Birthday April Babes!!!

3/28: AMommyThang: Waylon
    3/31: MaisyMay: Samuel nn Sammy
    4/3: mamabolt: Henry
    4/8: Cherrybee: Seren
    4/10: PoppyGirl15: Lucian nn Luke , auggiefrog: William nn Liam
    4/11: JH524: Connor
    4/12: Eieio:
    4/14: Den mom: Miles, iluvboba637:
    4/15: AKCoffeeBean:

PS: let me know if I have the bdays correct or if I missed you...so many beautiful babies being born!!! If you're comfortable, share the babe's names!

13. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@iluvboba637: @bloved: @avivoca: @jh524: Thanks, my prognosis isn't so bad- either way I get a baby soon. Too bad baby isn't measuring a little smaller then my doctors wouldn't be as worried. My doula was very happy to hear the doctor didn't push for a medical induction given how not ready my body nor baby is to give birth. She has seen doctor's push for it all for the mom to end up in a lot of pain and DH shared a story about one of his co-workers after we left the doctor's office. He was even more adamant about not scheduling anything given her experience.

The acupuncturist I lined up for this weekend is also a mid-wife. I'll give her a call in a bit to see what she thinks about when is the best time to start some natural induction methods. At this point since friends and family are on baby watch (annoying, but sweet) I'll probably screen my calls and texts big time until LO arrives.

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: lol@ boobs. Did you order a nursing bra? Mine arrives Monday, I only went one cup size now I'm thinking I probably should have done two.

@iluvboba637: how's baby girl doing? Did you pick a name?

@akcoffeebean: She's precious!!! Congrats!

15. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@akcoffeebean: woot woot! Congratulations! She is a beauty!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I hope the acupuncture appointment produces fruitful results! It seems to have worked for other HBers.

16. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MaisyMay: yay - that is so great that he has doubled his birth weight! I hope you are able to get more sleep now too.

17. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@iluvboba637: that's wonderful that there are no signs of an infection. I hope everything is going well and they are able to take the feeding tube out soon.

18. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

I made it to my touch up hair appointment. LO can arrive any time now lol. Unfortunately my stylist told me she's moving out of state in 2 weeks. She's been here for me through so much - happy for her but sad to see her move away.

19. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I'm sorry for this discouraging news! Hopefully baby will get the memo to come on out this weekend!

It sounds like a bunch of our LO's need to get the memo. I had my 39 week appt yesterday. My OB does not do internal exams unless necessary so I have no idea if I am dilated or anything I haven't felt any contractions. My doctor guessed that my little guy is measuring around 8 pounds and now I am getting nervous that he is getting too big. My first was 10 days late and he was 8 lbs 13 ounces and I ended up with an emergency c section. I was able to have a successful vbac with my second and hope to the same again but it's very nerve wracking!

@akcoffeebean: that face! Absolutely beautiful!

20. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: @Canoli: yeah, in the words of Beyoncé "okay, BABIES now let's get in Formation!"

@Canoli: will you get an ultrasound at 40 weeks? I hope you get another VBAC!

21. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: love the birthday list!! If not too much trouble, could we put the baby's Names there too? Or would people prefer not to have it recorded so clearly? I just like knowing everything!

@Canoli: I have not had an internal either (except a few weeks ago when I had regular contractions but nothing was happening there). I thought for sure baby was coming yesterday / this morning. I had off and on contractions all day yesterday and was up most the night with them as well. But then at about 4 am they died off and I have not had a single one yet today! I am guessing baby is staying put until our Rcs on Tuesday!

@autumnleaves: I had my touch up on Wednesday and that was also my last big thing I wanted to fit in before he came!

22. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: No, my doctor will let me go 2 full weeks after my due date (which is on Monday) and at that point I already have a c section scheduled. He is not a fan of inducing unless medically necessary and prefers the body to start the process on its own. At this point he doesn't feel induction is necessary unless I would say I can't take it anymore then he would probably do a membrane sweep to try and stimulate labor. It's so nerve wracking but I think it's just because I have no control over anything and it makes me feel helpless and causes my worrier self to come out!

23. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@bloved: names have been added!

@Canoli: that's awesome he's so patient. Was this the same doc that delivered your second?

24. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yes, I've seen him for all 3 of my pregnancies and I love him! He's very personable and I feel like he truly cares about his patients. There was an article about him in the HuffingtonPost titled The future of c section care is here-and it's way better for moms if you're interested in reading.

25. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: just pulled it up. thank you. You have a great chance of two VBACs- awesome sauce!!

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yes I have four nursing bras. I went into motherhood maternity and got sized, mine grew 2 full sizes. They were having a buy 3 get 1 free sale so I got two underwire and two sports/sleeping bras which armchairs comfortable at this point lol

@akcoffeebean: awww congratulations she is adorable!

@autumnleaves: that sucks your stylist is moving! I hate finding someone new to trust with my hair!

27. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Canoli: I almost wish I didn't know that I'm not dilated lol it's so discouraging!

28. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@bloved: that baby was teasing you with all those contractions and then nothing!

@jennylayneaz: that is why I don't care about not having exams because it can be discouraging if you're not dilated but can mean nothing too if you are.

29. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@autumnleaves: not doubled, but San had met his weight and passed it, so that is good.

30. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

With new baby, visitors, and feeding woo's, I am terribly behind.

@Canoli: I hope your LO gets the message soon. That is annoying that they don't do cervical checks, it would be nice to get some indication of where you are.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Sorry about your last doctor's appointment. That's annoying, and I hope you are able to labor on your own. I hope the acupuncturist is able to get things moving. I used one when we were trying to conceive and I really believe that it helped my cycles.

@akcoffeebean: Congrats! She is beautiful!

31. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@iluvboba637: I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this hon. I can't imagine what you are going through and I hope all is well with your LO.

32. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Den mom: Congrats! He's precious!

33. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Eieio: Congrats on your LO and I hope that soon enough the limbo will be gone and she will be truly yours.

34. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I'm sorry to hear the discouraging news! I'll be sending you good vibes for your natural induction attempts! What are you all going to try?

35. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: love the birthday list
    Just a thought, have your heard of Castor oil to help start labor? My dr did it and it worked. I bought some last time and was afraid to use it but heck, it's worth a shot!

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@iluvboba637: I hope baby girl is doing well today!

37. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

Just checking in with everyone! Yesterday we ran lots of errands and played outside with the kids so I did a lot of walking and all it got me was very tired and a sore back! We're going to have another warm day today so we'll take the kids to the park to play again!

38. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@rockinghorse: I'm not sure yet. The doctor's recommendation is really disheartening. I'm trying to really see the positive in such a medical intervention- a scheduled cesearean. My doula says a shoulder dislocation for a baby is not all that bad and the shoulders are left to heal on their own. To me that just sounds painful and I don't want his early discomfort to spill over into other things that we will try like BF or must do like move. I kind of want to feel labor pains even if delivery is a c-section since after all we are trying to do this another 1 or 2 times.

There is something fun(ny) I learned about my LO he likes to move anytime I pass gas. Maybe it feels bad inside, but I'm going to chalk it up to boys thinking bodily functions are silly.

39. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: boys absolutely think bodily functions are hysterical. My boys think it is so funny to burp and fart and they started thinking it was funny at a really young age! At least they both say excuse me after!

40. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: how did the acupuncture appointment go? I hope it's a good dr visit today!

@Canoli: I have a sore back too. I am attributing it to laying in bed most of the weekend trying to get all this congestion I have. I would not mind going into labor now though and getting it over with.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee