Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@rockinghorse: we have only been to doctor appointments as a family. Where do you plan to take her?

Today our stroller is supposed to arrive and we will finally take baby outside for walks- together or separately. DH vetoed my dream stroller *until* LO got here, but it's coming now!

2. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@rockinghorse: I've been out for coffee and for walks just the two of us, and have been to soft play with the baby and toddler. DH and I took the toddler and baby to a street festival today, I wore the baby in the sling (in the rain). Go out whenever you're comfortable!

3. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

DH is going back to work on Wednesday when LO is 2 weeks old and I plan to take LO2 out on walks solo and to run errands when I am not totally sleep deprived. Yesterday I was exhausted most of the day and not up to going anywhere. I remember I felt like that a lot on my first maternity leave but then I have days that I've gotten decent sleep this time around and I think I'll be up for the errands, walks, and visiting friends.

4. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@rockinghorse: with my first I didn't go out much solo because I was anxious and hated the car seat and cried which was more stressful for me. With my second I was determined to do more. My mom and I took him to target at a few days old and I went out when I was feeling up to it. I plan to do the same again and either baby wear or bring a blanket to cover the car seat to keep germs away.

@mrs. Lemon-lime: what's your dream stroller?

5. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@rockinghorse: we had Lo at church at 3 days old, and he and I have gone out nearly daily since DH went back to work around 1 week. Sometimes it is grocery shopping or Target, other times it is just to visit DH at his work or pick up LO1 from daycare. We even went in to my job at 2 weeks just to say hi.

Ladies, DH leaves at 3 a.m. to go to Vegas for work. My mom is coming down but she won't be here until Wednesday afternoon. I am concerned about having both kids solo for even the day and a half in between. LO1 will still have daycare but the evening and night leaves me worried.

6. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: handsome!!! Love his name! We did
    Reed for Connors middle name. So cute. Hope your doing well.

7. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hope everyone's doing well! Do any of you want to stay in touch, maybe with fb ? Maybe silly question. Lol

8. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: Armadillo Flip XT DH chose the special edition fabric called 3 Bears since we refer to baby as Auggie Bear. We all have bear nicknames in the house. I hope LO's future younger siblings like the bear theme too.

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: tomorrow will be my first solo outing with Piper. I have my follow up with the Dr, and then we see the pediatrician on Wednesday. The nurses told me to not take her into public till she is 1 month (2 more weeks) because of the flu epidemic here. Or if I have to, to wear her so people are less likely to touch her.
    @jh524: I'm not on fb, otherwise I totally would. None of my friends have babies, they all have older kids. Like some have adult kids lol the youngest we know will be 6 soon. We were late to the parenting party.
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: that stroller is adorable, love the bear nickname theme!
    @MaisyMay: all I can say is good luck! I'm sure you will do just fine!!

10. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@jh524: I'd be down for fb! It would be fun talking to you guys with the same age kids!

And I now will be forced to go out by myself to my OB today, had some BP issues over the weekend and she wants to see me.

11. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Yeah sure! Add me - my FB page is on my HB wall.

12. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: The only way is through! I'm finding mornings (with daycare drop off) pretty manageable - but the full morning (5hrs) solo was horrific! I haven't done a bedtime solo yet. I am thinking of you.

13. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: thanks. Remembering how difficult the recovery from a c section is. I'm not a huge taking pain meds person and was going to try to hold off. I must have been thinking crazy so I've been taking a little just to take the edge off and getting around pretty good.

I definitely would like to stay in touch. I'm on FB and have an IG account even though I've never posted on IG but follow others.

@mrs. Lemon-lime: the stroller and Auggie Bear and the bear nicknames are super cute!

@rockinghorse: hope your BP gets under control.

14. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: I like the idea of staying in touch!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: so cute!!

@rockinghorse: sorry you have to head back to the doctor/ hope everything is ok.

@MaisyMay: good luck! I am sure you will do great! Tomorrow is my first day alone and I am a little nervous, although I am sending my toddler to daycare to ease in. Next monday will be my first time alone with both of them!

15. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: @bloved: @JennyLayneAZ: thanks! I cant wait to see it in person.

Taking the baby out solo is such a big step! Im not on FB for social stuff just for BST. No pics

LO got circumcized today

16. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: my guy had his circ today too. He's been so so sleepy. Hope we're not going to be up all night!

17. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@MaisyMay: Good luck! I did a full solo day (with night) during my first week home and it went okay. Just give yourself (and LO1) a lot of grace in terms of when bedtime actually happens, whether you do a bath, etc. You've got this!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @Canoli: Hope your boys recover okay. My guy had his before he left the hospital and I'm so glad that the healing is all over now. Not that it's hard to care for, I just really wanted to make sure it looked "right."

18. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@rockinghorse, @bloved, @Cherrybee: I added my fb to my hb profile, feel free to add me or let me know how to add you. I'd love to keep in touch with everyone!!
    @Canoli: it gets better every day. Hang in there!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: my little dude did great with his. It was completely healed in about 5 days

19. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: did you watch the procedure? We did it at the doctor's office and I sent DH to watch. I was a wuss. My LO seems to be stress eating. We had him drinking BM earlier, but switched him to formula and that settled his tummy. I hope he sleeps well at night for you and you get a chance to walk around the ward to feel back to normal.

@jh524: oh I hope we have a similar recovery. Our doctor said 10 days and it takes two of us now to do diaper cganges. How many days old was your LO when he got circ"d?

@poppygirl15: once healed is the difference noticeable? If we have another boy I will definitely try to get the circ done at the hospital. LO is way more wiggly at 10 days old than he was at 2 or 3. I hope his little movememts don't shift his guaze.

What is everyone's Mother's Day plans?

20. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: heck no I didn't watch. I don't think the hospital would allow it and I wouldn't want to watch anyway.

We will probably just hang around the house on Morher's Day. My sil is hosting a brunch at her house but I don't think I'll be up for that. I'm not very comfortable nursing in front of others nor do I feel like being in a room by myself the whole day either.

21. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: I doubt we will do much of anything for Mother's Day either. I would love to just go to the beach, but baby may be too small.

22. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: actually I lie. What I really want to do is eat a big old ice cream sundae! I told myself I had to start eating better but........

23. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: lol, sounds yummy! Totally doablw even if you stay home

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

First solo outing today was quite stressful! First, my car seat just isn't going to work until she gets bigger. She was hunched forward! So, we took DH's truck instead, which is stressful for me to drive anyway lol then, she started crying 10 minutes into the trip. Then, the Dr office called to reschedule for later because he had to respond to an emergency, so we hung out in a Walmart parking lot for an hour! (I live about 40 minutes away from the Dr, so I didn't want to go home just to turn back around again!)

Tomorrow we have her pediatrician appointment, which is thankfully a lot closer to home. Hopefully it goes better. 😐

Oh, Dr appointment was fine. Incision looks good, boobs are fine lol down 18 pounds so far. Still have a ways to go!!

I don't remember who asked about mothers day plans, but no plans over here either. My sister is flying in that day so my parents are going to pick her up then come by for a visit, but that's all that's on the agenda at this point.

@Canoli: an ice cream sundae sounds good! I'm craving a dairy Queen blizzard after seeing the commercials for the new one with the fudge in the center lol

25. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: sorry your outing was so stressful! But you made it!

Yes, my husband and I saw the DQ commercial while in the hospital and I said oh we must take a ride there this week!

26. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: he was 8 days old. Just use lots of Vaseline on it to prevent sticking to diaper. What formula are you using? I've never done formula but with this lil guy id rather not pump so was thinking of introducing a bottle and formula within a week or so. Any recommendations? I want a backup plan in case dh needs to feed baby and I'm not going to be pumping like I did last time.
    @JennyLayneAZ: my stomach looks terrible. I feel like a huge chub and actually went on a walk today so hopefully I can get back to exercising soon.

27. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: my stomach looks bad...That was actually the first thing that made me cry after coming home. I don't know if it's because of the c-section or just from the pregnancy itself but my stomach is folded over on itself and i really don't like that! Not to mention the stretch marks 😢

28. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: that's how mine is too. It's very unpleasant and I look terrible in clothing. I hope it Shrinks quickly. It's definitely worse this time

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Mine just looks bizarre. When I sit down, the flab settles into a flat shelf on my lap. Weird! I'm taking E swimming today and I dread to think how I am going to look in a swimming costume!

30. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

31. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: The difference between you and me is that you look great normally. I've been overweight for the last 5 years, I'm used to looking awful in a swimsuit!

32. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: we have been using the same Similac kind they gave us at the hospital. Yesterday, I had a LC come over and she said what we thought was a bad reaction to BM was just what happens- poopy diapers almost every.time.

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: yeah I definitely look weird in clothes too. Almost pregnant looking but then it's like flat in the fron. Ugh.

@Cherrybee: I am dreading the swimsuit. We have a pool, and we are currently shelling out a ton of money to have it resurfaced (it was years overdue and I'm not sure what would've happened if we waited any longer) so swimsuits have been on my mind. I usually wear a bikini, that is not happening this year! And possibly not ever again with all the stretch marks lol

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: oh yeah, Piper poops pretty much every time she eats! Lol while she is eating to boot!

34. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@jh524: @JennyLayneAZ: My stomach looks so weird too. Stretch marks galore, including on my upper thighs, and my lovely umbilical hernia is just poking out like it is nobody's business. Not to mention I literally have no abs. What kind of exercises can we do to start getting ourselves back together? Obviously I'm not going to start doing crunches or something, that would be too much right now. I was thinking some low impact yoga or something, as well as walking.

35. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: oh yeah I have stretch marks on my stomach, hips, thighs, butt, and of course on my boobs. 🙁
    I don't have any exercise ideas other than walking at this point. Getting in and out of bed is a work out lol

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

I really hate going to the pediatrician! surrounded by sick kids! Give the newborns their own waiting room lol

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Ok 2 week checkup went really well. Piper is 8 lbs 8oz and 21 3/4in long she has been super gassy so he gave us some things to try, including giving her 2 oz of water twice a day. I was/am surprised! We'll see if it helps at all. Last resort is to try her on a lactose free formula but I don't want her to have an upset tummy, so whatever we need to do, we'll do.

38. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: hi! Sorry it took me so long to reply - crazy couple of days! My son's circ was done with a plastibell. His dr really stressed the importance of (after the plastibell fell off) moving the shaft up and down so it wouldn't fuse to the head. We really wanted to make sure we didn't mess that part up! We were relieved when we could see it was all healing properly.

39. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

I just ordered the Bellefit. Not happy about the cost but willing to try something. Not sure what I am expecting because after I had my second I still had a 4 month preggo looking belly way far after giving birth. I mean the logical thing to do would be exercise and making better food choices but there's no fun in that😉

We just got back from our first ped appt. @jennylayneaz: yes agreed. Our ped wanted us to come in the morning before all the sick visits start to try and prevent exposure to germs but yeah we were late and the receptionist said oh we thought you forgot about us. Totally forgot how long it takes to get out of the house with a newborn.

Anyways, chunky man is already back to his birth weight! Probably because he nursed all.night.long!!!! My nipples are torn up and he spit up a little blood today as a result. I hate the beginning of nursing. Hopefully his latch will improve because mama is hurting!

40. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: LO over here is a poop machine...now he just did it during diaper changes. Oh these babies! Did you find a formula brand you like?

@poppygirl15: yay for a well healed penis! Our LO was snipped. The pediatrician commented on the fine job the Ob did, which was nice to hear b/c we couldn't tell. Finally, the swelling is going down.

@Canoli: your doctor already cleared you to use "girdles"? I will have to ask mine then. I've been drink RRL tea to shrink my gut.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee