Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I came by this board purposefully this morning to see if there was any update! So glad your boy is here safe and sound and that you are able to call his birth beautiful. Looking forward to details.

2. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: confirm! Welcome Auggie!

3. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congratulations! I love his name. If my daughter didn't have a "month name," August would have been a top contender for us. Enjoy him!

4. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Congrats on baby Auggie!

5. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: So (so!) happy to read your update. Congratulations!

@Mrs. Champagne: You're not the only stalker!

6. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

Thank you everyone! DH is quite the baby whisperer. LO has a good latch, but is now more of a snacker & long sleeper.

7. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats!!!

8. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: girl, you really made me dig to see if you had your baby yet! Congrats!

9. lauraeva

coffee bean / 26 posts

Hi mamas! Congrats to all with babe's in arms, and good luck to all those still waiting. Our "team green" baby GIRL arrived at home on the 22 at 02:07 am. I was very glad we planned a home birth, as our girlie arrived 1 hour after I thought I "might" be in labour. Our second midwife didn't even make it! Anna Victoria Rose was 7 lbs 4 oz and looks exactly like her older sister.

10. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@lauraeva: congratulations! Love the name Anna!

11. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Every day I have been at the hospital, except for today, I have had the LC on duty stop by. Each one has a different go to hold and advice is wide ranging. Breatsfeeding has changed so much in the course of three- four days! Right now we are having marathon BF sessoons, 90+ minutes. LO has a voracious appetite and the colostrum isn't cutting it. They tell me cesarean moms have to wait a little longer for the milk to come in. I wish it was here already just to feed him less and keep him full longer. At the birth classes they said feeding sessions would be about 30-45 minutes and when I went much longer of course I thought something was totally wrong and called the nurses. My nipples hurt SO MUCH even with his correct latch.

12. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@lauraeva: congrats on your baby girl!!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yes that's true but keep those marathon feelings going because that'll bring your milk in. My c section was Monday and my milk came in on wed night after baby was nursing every 15 minutes. It was exhausting:) how are you feeling otherwise? This c section was so much better compared to my first. Yours was unplanned correct?
    Well keep trying to be, your nipples will start to get used to it and your milk will be coming soon !! Good luck mommy

13. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Who's left for our April mommies?!!

With my first, I was at the end of the month and everyone was long gone in the thread by the time I had my baby. Lol. So I'm rooting for those April mommies or early May babies that will be arriving soon!!

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: unplanned, but scheduled if that makes sense? Recovery hasn't been bad at all. I have nothing to compare it too, but the nurses keep telling me I'm doing well. Lucky you on the milk!

15. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Congrats Mamas Happy Birthday Aries & Taurus Babies!

3/28: AMommyThang: Waylon
    3/31: MaisyMay: Samuel nn Sam/Sammy
    4/3: mamabolt: Henry
    4/8: Cherrybee: Seren
    4/10: PoppyGirl15: Lucian nn Luke ,
    auggiefrog: William nn Liam
    4/11: JH524: Connor
    4/12: Eieio:
    4/14: Den mom: Miles, iluvboba637:
    4/15: AKCoffeeBean: Abigail
    4/17: JennyLayneAZ: Piper
    4/18: MrsRoo: Kennedy
    4/19: Bloved: Nathaniel,
    4/20: Turd Ferguson: , autumnleaves: Matthew
    4/21: Mrs. Lemon-Lime: August nn Auggie
    4/22: Lauraeva: Anna

16. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@lauraeva: congrats! And wow wow wow that was quick!

@mrs. Lemon-lime: I almost forgot how much nipples hurt in the beginning until milk comes in and they get it figured out. I loved earth mama angel baby and motherlove nipple cream the best! Both of my boys were lazy sleepy nursers always so I pretty much felt like I had a boob in their mouth 24/7.

@jh524:me me me I'm still here with no baby! I kind of feel like you did with your previous birth month. I know everyone is busy getting all of their snuggles and I'm just here waiting waiting waiting. I will be 41 weeks tomorrow. I will have a nst and ultrasound in the morning to make sure everything looks good. My doctor has no concerns at this point and thinks I can still do a vbac and I trust him 100% so I'm trying to be patient. I do have a c section scheduled for May 3rd in the event he decides he doesn't want to come out though. The waiting and the wondering is getting to me.

Hope everyone is doing well!

17. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: wold a nipple shield help with the pain?

18. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@lauraeva: Congratulations!

@Canoli: Thinking of you! Once your LO arrives, the long wait will feel like it wasn't that bad even though it is so hard now.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Did they suggest using a breast pump to get the milk going? Hopefully it will be here soon! I switched from lanolin to earth mama nipple butter and I think I am liking it better.

E had his weight check today and they said he's doing great - so keep doing what I am doing. I supplemented with formula for 2 nights before my milk came in and am hoping that my milk will be enough now but we will see. DH went to BBB today to look at formula just in case as well as some other things. It's amazing how many purchases I have made on Amazon in the past few days too.

19. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MaisyMay: i havd Lasinoh on the nipples now with some plastic shield thing to let air out under my nursing bra. That is helping because at least the nipples are protected.

@autumnleaves: we're supplementing with formula right now too. The ped came in concerned about dehydration. No pee diaper since last night. We've breastfed him and then have started on 20 CCs of formula by syringe. We have 10 more to go. I hope pees because she didn't say what would happen if he didn't. No one suggested using the breast pump just yet

@Canoli: aww, your sweet baby is taking his sweet time! Hoping everything is on track for your desired birth!

20. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: this is super similar to my first. I had a planned C, my milk basically never came in, my nipples got torn apart by my LO, I ended up having to start supplementing and pumping in the hospital, and when we left, our feeding sessions included me nursing, then giving a bottle (because I couldn't keep up with the syringe/finger feeds), and then pumping after. It literally took almost 2 hours each time.

I saw 3 different LCs (2 times each..), took fenugreek, domperidone (which I don't think you can get anymore without a script), oatmeal, tea, cookies, etc. BUT--at 6 weeks we were able to switch and EBF. I ended up nursing until she was 2!

Hang in there and if it's what you want, there's definitely hope!! But don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work or you can't commit--it's so hard sometimes!

21. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I used shields like that and they were lovely. We also use a nursing/nipple shield to make nursing easier.

22. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Turd Ferguson: that is super encouraging! After we gave him the initial 20 CCs of formula he had the most satisfied grin on his face and was ready for a nap. A little later he was still happy to nurse. Still waiting on a wet diaper.

23. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@autumnleaves: yes, and then the chaos of having 3 kids begins!

@mrs. Lemon-lime: yes, he sure is taking his sweet old time!

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Finally, a big pee & big poop. We have been cleared to go home! We changed him into his sleeper after four days of hospital garb. This was the second outfit after MIL's sleeper was too small. He looked at us like, what are those?! Clothes!

25. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: look at that handsome little man all bright eyed!

26. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Oh my word, he's perfect!!

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: oh my goodness so cute!!

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: @Cherrybee: @bloved: aww thanks, proud mama over here! @regberadaisy: lol

29. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: good luck with your appt tomorrow
    keep us posted and my fingers are crossed for you. You'll have your baby on the outside soon!!!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: what a handsome lil guy!!! I hope breastfeeding gets easier for you. @Turd Ferguson: wow what an awesome outcome after having such troubles!!!

I eat oatmeal everyday and I swear it makes a huge difference in my milk supply. Now I'm drinking 2 cups of coffee in the mornings so I can survive but could that be causing lo's reflux issues?
    Hope everyone's doing well

30. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: OMG he is absolutely adorable! Too cute! Piper doesn't fit all of her clothes either. Apparently she is really long! I thought she was average, but everyone seems to disagree lol and she has huge feet

@Canoli: hope you are doing well!!

31. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Well guys.... I was supposed to have a May baby, but April 24th turned out to be the day! Baby J was born at 12:13 am on Sunday!!!

So the story is, I have been measuring big since about 24 weeks (no GD), and the last growth scan on April 4 estimated her to be at 7 lb 12 Oz already! We were in talks with the OB starting around 38 weeks as to when/if we should schedule an induction due to macrosomia.

Well, Friday at work I noticed some increased watery discharge in my panty liner, and when calling the OB's office towards the end of the day, the RN wanted me to go get checked out at L&D. I work at the hospital I delivered at, so I headed out of work a bit early to see what was up. Turned out not to be amniotic fluid, but my BP's were slightly elevated and I had a small amount of protein in my urine. Since I was 38+4 they decided it was just time to go.

Got a couple of Cervadil doses overnight Friday, then a foley balloon and pitocin started around 10ish Saturday morning with some Fentanyl thrown in for pain relief. My nurse did the hourly foley tugs (yuck), and around 4pm it didn't hurt too much so she pulled a little harder, and POP (OUCH) it came out and I was at 6 cm.

Hubby and I went for a walk around the unit, and within a half hour the contractions became crazy intense from her head suddenly being able to push on my cervix now that the balloon was out. Epidural here I come!!!

I rested for a few hours with the epi in, then later in the evening the pressure down below got crazy intense. The anesthesiologist said if he gave me anymore I wouldn't be able to feel how to push. Oh boy. I got pretty frantic at the end, with the "there is no way I can do this" and "I think I'm going to die" and "someone else needs to get her out" thoughts. My nurse was amazing with the pep talks and got me to just focus on letting the contractions happen, and at 10 pm, I was able to start pushing which helped a lot in the beginning. After 2 hours of pushing, lots of swearing, lots of pep talks, the resident decided I was almost there and grabbed the attending. The attending came in and pinched my perineum (I said "ouch") and she was like, "get anesthesia in here, she can feel everything!". Really? No one else could tell this?!? Anyways, they say "don't push" because they have to set up all the birth stuff, I'm swearing like a sailor, and I think maybe three contractions later I pushed her out. This was, BTW, before anesthesia got the meds in. I could not stop the pushing, I needed to be done. Man, it is exhausting! I give so much credit to mom's that do it naturally, there was no way I could have!

So Baby J is a healthy 8 lb 3 oz (clearly the growth scans were wrong) 20.5 inch little girl, and she is so adorable! I'm so glad she is here!

32. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@rockinghorse: wow what a beautiful birth story. Thank you for sharing. Congrats on you baby girl!

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rockinghorse: congratulations!!

34. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@rockinghorse: Congratulations!!

35. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@rockinghorse: Wow! Congratulations!!

36. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@rockinghorse: congratulations!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: he's beautiful! Hope home life is going well!

37. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: thinking of you! How did your appt go today?

38. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Canoli: still cheering you on! Hope your little one arrives soon!!

39. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Eieio: thinking of you and hope things are going well.

40. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@rockinghorse: Congrats!

@jennylayneaz: @jh524: @bloved: Thanks ladies for thinking of me. I am still here and still pregnant! My appt on Monday went well. I had a nst and everything with baby looked good. They can tell that I am having mild contractions which I can feel but just tightness in my belly and they are not consistent or at all intense so certainly not active labor contractions. The ultrasound also looked good. Fluids level are fine. We saw his hands and I think he waved at me and said Hi Mom, still in here and happy where I am! My blood pressure is also good so he saw nothing to indicate that an induction at that point was necessary. I have another appt tomorrow where we'll come up with a plan. I will have another nst and he will do an internal exam. He does not want to induce me unless I am at least 3-4 cm dilated and my cervix is very soft and favorable. If that is the case he will bring me in on Friday for an induction. If not I'm not sure what we will do but I almost want to ask for the c section I have scheduled for next Tuesday to be moved to this Friday. I am very very uncomfortable and getting very irritable. This waiting game is just getting to me. I am also worried that he will be too big for me to deliver and it will result in an emergency c section which we are trying to avoid. My doctor is not concerned about his size and thinks I can deliver vaginally but does acknowledge that I tend to have larger than average babies but it is still doable. So I wait some more until tomorrow. Can't believe how stubborn this boy is being and I thought for sure which my 3rd child I would not be waiting this long!

To add to the craziness my middle son got the stomach virus on Monday and then passed it to my husband and I yesterday. Thankfully we all had a very mild case and are on the mend but I was in a panic and thought for sure that in the middle of my husband and I throwing up I would go into labor! Thankfully it has skipped my oldest son so far and I'm hoping the sicknesses have left our home!

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying life with their new LO's!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee