3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@mrsmacSLP: How cool is it!!!

4. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Fingers crossed for you!!! That would be lovely

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: 6 days? Really?! And it was just the blood test right?

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I got my NT scan results back and everything came back as < 1 in 10,000 chance. Yay! I have my regular 12 week appt tomorrow and will probably tell work then. My boss and work bff already know but everyone else has definitely been giving my belly some side-eye for a while so it'll be nice to be out.

7. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay for a good NT scan result!

@bubblegum: For my harmony NIPT blood test, I did the blood draw on a Tuesday afternoon, and got a call with the results the following Monday morning. The lab is in CA and I'm in NE so that included overnighting my sample. I thought that was pretty fast once it was over (although it seemed like forever while I was waiting).

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@Cordie: Aww man! Lol I really thought this was going to be a next day kinda thing lol. I'll have my blood drawn the 27th at night, so I figured by Monday I would have the results. I guess not lol

9. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@bubblegum: Aww, yeah I think these type of tests take a bit longer. It could totally happen that you get it back on Monday though! Umm but maybe plan to have stuff to do to distract yourself while you wait that week

10. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@Cordie: I'll have to put in my mind that I won't know until like November 4th or something! lol the wait is the worst!

11. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Hopefully you are just lucky and can escape the pregnancy symptoms!

@yellowbeach: Congratulations on your baby girl! I have two daughters. They are tons of fun and love to be my little helpers.

@bubblegum: I tried the test....
    LO1 - boy (nope, she's a girl)
    LO2 - girl (yep)
    LO3 - boy (this pregnancy...we'll see!)
    LO4 - girl
    LO5 - ring flew off the hair and landed on the floor. I'd say that's a solid stop lol

12. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Awww man! Well it's something fun to do! Can't wait to see if it's right about LO3

13. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: Definitely! I need to look up some more tests and try them out. Have you tried any others?

14. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: I have heard of other test but I haven't tried them myself. I heard of the baking soda test, cabbage test, ring test (over the belly for just that baby).

Oh this is a fun one! I haven't done it but everyone I know who has tried it, it's been right for. It's a little Hispanic old wives tale so it might sound far fetched but stay with me. So you have someone take a knife and sandal and put each individual item underneath an individual couch cushion. You can't be in the room while they place the items. Once they're done you sit on a sofa cushion and whatever is underneath, knife or sandal, is what you're having. Knife for boy and sandal for girl. It sounds crazy I know but I have yet to see it fail.

15. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: Haha wow! Never heard of that last one!

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: It's super whacky I know! But give it a try!

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I'm officially sore when I wake up. I have to sleep in the same position every night and I'm actually sore when I get up. Extra pillows for me now!

18. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Hi mamas -just checking in. Had my NT scan this morning, and baby looks great. He/She was moving around quite a bit and really showing off. The fluid levels look good but I haven't gotten the blood work yet so cautiously optimistic so far. I'm sort of starting to feel the fog of the first trimester lift a little bit - although every time I say that I have 2-3 days of horrible vomiting, so I probably shouldn't! Hope everyone is doing well and feeling a bit more energized!

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: yay for a good appointment! I hope you feel better soon. I remember last time my nausea just disappeared all the sudden so maybe one day you'll be magically all better

I'm waiting for my 12 week appt right now. I'm planning on announcing to work when I get back to the office. There have been a lot of babies in my group lately so it's gonna be fun to see people's reactions.

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: that's what I'm hoping. I remember last time crying to my husband that I just wanted to feel better and then the very next day I woke up and felt normal... so, here's hoping the same thing happens soon!

Good luck at your appointment! I should probably tell the remaining people I work with, it's getting pretty obvious!

21. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I didn't start showing until week 17 with my first! I'd say it's pretty typical. Everyone is different. I had almost no symptoms with him either.

@yellowbeach: Yay Congrats!!!!

@bubblegum: I took my DNA test on a friday and got the results on Monday (a week later)....so 10 days (with two weekends in there).

Our DNA test came back with low risk of everything (and I announced the gender on the FB group page). And I'm officially 12w!!! I'm getting super excited. We told DS1 that he's going to have a little ____ (insert gender here), and he said "OMG I'm so excited, I'm going to freak out!" then he started running around. Lol, so cute!

22. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Ok girls, please reassure me. My DD sat down pretty firmly on my belly earlier tonight. I'm am totally freaking myself out and totally imagining things that aren't there. Please tell me your kids have bumped/kicked/jumped on your belly and everything was ok.

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: don't worry! My 31 pounder regularly climbs all over me. There is a lot of cushioning and you would know if something was wrong!

24. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: ok, my DD is 32 lbs and she's usually careful about the "baby in mommy's tummy" but she got carried away tonight. I don't have any new pain or feelings, but I'm just imagining the worst. I'm my own worst enemy because miscarriage is probably my worst fear.

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: my husband tends to worry about it more than me but the baby is like 2 inches long right now... And that's plenty of cushioning!

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: agreed - my kiddo has not been remotely gentle with my belly and so far everything's fine. I reassure myself by thinking that there would be a lot fewer 2nd+ children in the world if normal toddlering did any substantial damage.

27. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Got some horrible news tonight. My MIL has ovarian cancer.

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: I'm so sorry. Do you know how much it's progressed or if its treatable?

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: My almost 40 pound 4 year old climbs all over me all the time. You'll be fine!

@littleblessings: Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully it is treatable and she will be ok. Hugs!

30. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I'm so sorry, I hope they can treat it!

31. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: @psw27: they have already removed one ovary because there was a mass on there. The mass was cancer. Now they have to see if it spread in the 7.5 months that they were ignoring it. I'm so frustrated by these Drs. You have no idea.

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: That seems sooo long! I asked my girlfriend who had it done last year how long it took her to get her results and she said she did it on a Thursday and that very next Monday she had the results. I really hope to have the same quickness!

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: oh my goodness! How could it be ignored for so long?!?!?!

@bubblegum: you're telling me! It was a loooong wait. I think with DS2 it also took 10 days. It's so hard to wait! On the bright side, I now know the gender at 12 weeks, whereas with DS1, I didn't know for another 8 weeks at our 20w scan! So really, it's still super early!

34. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Wow 12 weeks!! My doctor is having me wait to take the test until I'm 15 weeks.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Really?!? My doctor said they only do the test between 10-12 weeks. I had it done a little over 10w, got the results by 12w.

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: YES!!! That's so shocking! Maybe it's the age? I have no idea. But I know he said he wants me to do it at 15 weeks which is perfect because my next appt is the day after I turn 15 weeks.

37. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: she had a laparoscopic surgery to remove the mass and just that but the surgeon said he couldn't find it. Months later she opts for a more invasive surgery since the mass tripled in size and its cancer

38. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@psw27: @JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: Thanks girls! I think last night I had a hormone induced freak out moment about losing the pregnancy. Good to hear y'all are getting beat up by your children too, lol.

@littleblessings: I'm so sorry. I hope your family can find some answers soon and better doctors!

39. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: @ValentineMommy: I feel like I"m the only one waiting until my anatomy scan at 19 weeks! I won't know until November 30th! Oh well, the baby has a gender already - nothing will change between now and then

@littleblessings: wow that is incredibly frustrating, I'm so sorry.

40. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: This is the first time I'm doing this! For LO1 I waited until my ultrasound but this is probably going to be our last baby and I'm so anxious to know!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee