Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: We're in the same boat! DS is named after DH so I had no trouble there but I've had this boy name picked out since I was super young. Everyone loves it but now that I might have the chance to use it I'm like hmmm how will my child feel about this name? lol

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I always try to think of my DS introducing himself as an adult to see if I think it is a good name! Sigh. I think my husband has a name he's pretty into (Colton) but I only like it shortened to Colt.... which I get could be the nickname but I'm still not even sold on it. It seems too southern (and my family is southern, its nothing against the south - its just that we live in Boston.)

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: That's a good way to look at it!! Colton is cute name!! But I see what you mean of it feeling a bit southern. We had some what of the same issue. I love the name Theo but DH hates when people shorten names that are meant to be long. We have one name that we both like that is classic and not trendy.

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Colton could end but being the name, we shall see! I love Theo - we have a few Theos and Teddies in our school! I could also go for something more off beat like August or Forest but my DH is anti. Or maybe it's a girl and we don't need to worry at all!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Ohhh I love the off beat choices! Those are strong but not too crazy!! Just perfect! Haha maybe it will be!!

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Exactly! Both our boys have strong names (we aren't fans of unisex for a boy, personally) and we would have a hard time finding a name to compete!

@psw27: August is in our top two for a boy right now. It was in the running for DS2's name! Love!

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: so cute!

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: That's awesome!

9. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

I just had my ultrasound and baby looks great! So exciting. They said my due date is the 18th like I originally thought, for some reason I thought they changed it to the 19th. It was so exciting to see baby wiggling and moving arms and legs. We're really thrilled.

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: @ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: I love all your guys's possible choices. I agree that Colt sounds kind of southern, but I don't think Colton does.

We have 2 girl names we like and I had 1 boy name I really liked (Thomas), but DH said no! We've talked about it just briefly, but I haven't found anything I like as much

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Congrats on a great appointment! I love watching baby move around.

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas
    April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 14w4d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 14w1d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 13w6d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 13w3d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1 ) - 13w0d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2 ) - 13w0d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 12w5d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 12w3d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 12w2d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 12w1d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 11w6d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 11w5d
    April 24: Trimama (#2 ) - 11w3d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 11w1d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 11w1d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 11w0d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 10w6d

Looks like some of us are solidly in the 2nd tri!!! YAY!!!

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: that's so awesome, congrats on a good appointment!

@JennyPenny: I don't even know why I care if it sounds southern. I could end up back in the south someday! Plus no one in Boston is from Boston anyway! I like Thomas! A girl I know just had the cutest Tommy

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Oh, and I guess there are kind of problems with our 2 girl names. Paired with our DS's name they make up literary couple names. Name 1 makes a non-major couple in a VERY major book/movie series. Name 2 makes the central couple in a somewhat popular book series that is currently a TV series as well. I just have no idea if people would notice, or think its weird.

15. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Awww but Thomas is adorable!! What does he like instead?

16. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: That's pretty funny though. I think it depends on how popular the couple is. Like if your son's name was Ross and your daughter was Rachel, that might be a little weird lol

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm so close to the second trimester!!!!! I'm counting 13 weeks as 2nd trimester. Can't wait

18. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@bubblegum: SO is pretty set on Nova for a girl. So Nova Jade and then for a boy the middle name will be Cyrus. We can't agree on a first name. I vote Corbin. He says no. We will talk more names this weekend when he is off work.

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Like @bubblegum said, I think it depends on how popular the reference is. If it's like Edward and Bella or something, I'd probably wouldn't choose it. Unless you're REALLY into whatever the reference is, maybe.

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: His only suggestion was Oliver, which is fine, but its the name of a close friend's dog and it feels weird.

I would say name option 1 is probably closest to 'Rachel and Ross', cause it's from something very very popular, but again the story doesn't center around that couple (in fact they aren't even alive if that offers a hint) but they are referred to a lot. There are plenty of people who are *obsessed* with the series that would immediately put them together in that way. Name option 2 is the central couple in a series that doesn't have the same cult following at all. But I know a few people who have read it and since its a new TV series it might get more popular. Hard to say.

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I actually do really love both series personally, but I wouldn't be naming them after that series if that makes sense. I've liked both the girl names for a long time and DH named DS and it just happened to make couplings!

22. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: Oh I think Nova is adorable! Super cute. Ugh itsn't that the worst when DH says no to a name you like.

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh I can see how that would be weird especially since it's a dog.

OMG now you have my complete attention. I have to know what couple it is now lol

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I would say that even if you don't mind the references, people are going to assume you're superfans of whatever show/book it is. Just depends how you feel about that.

25. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Wait is it Lexi and Mark?!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

How would you guys feel about a FB group? When we find out the gender, I want to share it with all of you, but I know some people on HB IRL, and don't want to share with the world! Also, it's easier to follow along, especially on the weekends when I'm not on the actual computer. Thoughts?

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: haha, good guess, but no. More popular than that I'd say. And they're dead for the entirety of the series.

@ValentineMommy: I'm up for it!

28. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@JennyPenny: my guess is girl : )

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: I'll take it that it's probably a Lost couple then. I never saw the series so I can't guess now lol

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Oddly enough, I was going to reference Lost. DS1 is named Desmond.

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: My guess is HIMYM? But I never saw it, so I don't actually know....

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm up for it, that's what my last birth group did too, and we ended up using FB a lot after the kids were born!

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: @ValentineMommy: I'll post it in the FB group

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Here's the link to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/537819219746341/

I'll take it down once everyone who wants to join does. You'll notice a random member of the group - it's my kids account. I had to add someone to open the group up. I'll delete it once someone joins

35. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Hahaha I still won't know lol I don't have a facebook.

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: It could just be me, but I feel like those names are classic enough that they don't seem too referential. Also, I like them all

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh I completely agree with @ValentineMommy: ! Very classic names! I would not think of Harry Potter or Outlander. I love Harry Potter but because the name are so timeless my first thought wouldn't go there.

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thanks! We're pretty "classic" name people so its nice to hear that it also keeps the name from sounding like a specific reference.

40. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I didn't think of either thing (and I don't know what Outlander is.... I'm not great with that stuff!) I agree, both names are classic!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee