Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@Cordie: YAY!!!!! A boy!!! They are the absolute best!

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Totally! We get a lot of "oh, I hope it's a girl so we can spoil her"!! Like, my boys aren't good enough to "spoil"? Not that I want anyone spoiled, per se, but you know what I mean. Then there's the "you need to keep trying until you have a girl"....oh, do I??? What if I had 15 boys?!? Lol There shouldn't be any different treatment from outsiders based on my children's gender!

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: EXACTLY! I feel like some people prefer one gender over the other and that's just not cool. At the end of the day and baby, a child, is an amazing blessing. It's funny that you say that, I know this lady who seriously wanted a girl. She originally only wanted 3 kids but when all 3 were boys she kept going. 2 kids later, still all boys. The last kid, the 6th child was a girl. My wallet would be PISSED at me lol

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I mean, I would love to have a girl, but I'm definitely not going to keep trying until it happens!!! Lol At some point, it's just kinda irresponsible (at least in my situation). I'm not made of money, or time, or unending patience to have that many kids! That being said, I love my boys just the way they are, and they certainly love their mommy

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Oh same here! I would adore a girl but if it doesn't happen then that's okay too. Girl you and me both!! I do not have the financial means to support a ton of kids but I totally wish I could. Aww and that's what really matters!

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: I have a boy already too and for stupid reasons really hope this is one is a girl. The stupid reason: we want 3-4 and if this one is a girl, people will know we did 3-4 because we actually wanted that size family and not because we were just trying to get a girl. I can't decide if its stupider that so many people have that opinion, or that I care enough about everyone's opinions to want to avoid it!!!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas
    April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 14w1d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 13w5d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 13w3d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 13w0d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1 ) - 12w4d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2 ) - 12w4d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 12w2d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 12w0d
    April 19: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 11w5d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 11w5d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 11w3d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 11w2d
    April 24: Trimama (#2 ) - 11w0d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 10w5d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 10w5d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 10w4d
    April 28: justjules (#2 ) - 10w3d

8. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: It's not a stupid reason! You can totally hope for a girl. I think what's silly is when people assume the opposite gender is preferred. But I can completely understand what you mean. I think what's most important is just doing what's best for you and your family. Like if it was up to my mom I would have all girls. That would be totally okay if that's what I want but I think people's opinions like that are a little silly.

9. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: It's not a stupid reason! I also am hoping for a girl, but I am also happy if it is a boy - my son would love a brother for sure! My reasons are a little different - I don't know if we will go for a 3rd so if this one isn't a girl, I might be sad that I might never have a daughter. That could happen anyway of course if I had a third and it was boy after boy!

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: Exactly! People can want whatever they want for whatever reasons. I personally don't care either way for this one, but don't want people always assuming/wondering if I'm disappointed.

11. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Yes! Don't feel bad for me if I have another boy, because I'm not. I get you.

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

You guys!!! This is definitely movement! I just got back from a walk and I laid down and it feels like baby is going crazy! I know it's insanely early but it doesn't feel like gas, and it isn't rhythmic and doesn't match up with my pulse. I feel like its gotta be baby!!

13. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm jealous!! I haven't felt anything! The baby movement is my favorite thing about pregnancy. I felt so connected to my son when I could feel him. I'm trying not to expect it for awhile, I think it was 18 weeks last time.

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: I felt DS at 15 weeks so I thought it might be soon for this one. But baby is going absolutely crazy! I mean it's been a ton of movement for the last 2.5 hrs. With DS it was just a tickle here or there for the first few weeks, nothing like this. I'm trying not to let the worrywart in me get to crazy thinking this means something is wrong.

15. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

12 week ultrasound tomorrow. I'm so nervous and nauseated from nerves. I just don't know what to think. Every ultrasound with every pregnancy I have a fear of it being not viable. Ugh. I wish that feeling would go away but if won't until I can feel the little pumpkin kicking on a daily basis. Anybody else have that huge fear with every ultrasound? Like tonight I'm so emotional and can't sleep because I'm both excited to see a healthy baby but nervous.

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: That's not stupid! I was actually just talking to someone about the same thing - they have 1 of each and people are shocked they're not "done". Personally, I was adopted and have always had a kind of inner yearning to have a "mini-me". That's probably super selfish and weird, but it is what it is. At any rate, DS1 IS my mini-me. He looks just like me (with short hair) and acts like me too lol. So really, either way, I got what I wanted! Lol!

@JennyPenny: and yay for feeling movement!!!! I can't wait for that!

@littleblessings: I totally get that way. I am still scared at almost 11w. For me, the fear doesn't totally go away until I'm holding the baby in my arms. Hooray for anxiety

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm trying to focus on positives today. My best friend had her baby last night plus I had a dream it was a boy so that's exciting. I'm luckily I even slept though. (there's another thread about that)

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Exciting!!! Do you have an intuition you're having a boy this time? Did you have an idea with your first one? I'm always fascinated when people "just know" what they're having. I'm so "in my head" that even if I had an intuition, my head overrules it lol

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: With my two LOs if I dreamt about one sex it was the opposite. This is the second boy dream I've had in the last three days. I've had a feeling it was a girl this whole time so far which I've been hoping for a girl. That dream just kinda showed me that I'd be extremely happy with either one. At my OB office they won't tell me even if they think they know what it is. I'm still gonna ask for a nub shot and take my guess.

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: I had a girl dream with DS1 (who is obviously a boy). Nothing with DS2. This time I've had a boy dream, so we will see!

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: Same here. My NT scan is tomorrow and I keep thinking I'll be okay to share with the world *IF* everything looks good. For some reason I feel like there's a statistically large chance that everything won't be good, even though objectively the opposite is true.

22. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@littleblessings: I hear you on being nervous for the ultrasound - I've had three so far and each time I've been convinced something is wrong. Hasn't been so far. I am hoping for a great and reassuring ultrasound for you today!

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: Good luck today, sending you positive and reassuring vibes!

24. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Today is somewhat of a sad day. Today LO2 that I miscarried would've been one. It's just so mind blowing. I am so blessed to be pregnant again with a healthy baby but it's still sad to think of what could've been. Today we're going to have a little something for LO2 that could've been.

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I'm so sorry, that must be really hard. Thinking of you.

26. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Thank you love.

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: I'm so sorry. I think it's really sweet how you're remembering your lost LO. Every life, even the shortest ones, should be celebrated

28. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you. I think it's really important to just celebrate and be happy that we were blessed with another chance

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

So, the more I think about it / do internet research, the more I think I wasn't feeling movement, but instead my uterus was spasming. I mean, if it was the baby, he/she was going crazy for several hours which just makes no sense. I could also see it from the outside which would just be insane. I did some searching and found a few people describing uterine spasms that "felt just like baby kicks" but they weren't pregnant. So I think that must be what happened

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I'm sorry. I still think about our m/c and what could have been. It's hard not to. Hugs, mama!

@JennyPenny: Step away from google. I still prefer to think it was the baby. And if it wasn't....it will be soon enough!!

31. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thank you love bug. I really appreciate it

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Awwww no more research for you! Enjoy that baby and don't listen to the internet.

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: haha! you ladies rock

34. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Ultrasound went great. Baby is measuring right on track! It had is legs crossed and hands by its face the entire time and I was so wiggly that the tech had a difficult time getting pictures and measurements! I do have placenta previa again which I had in the beginning with my other two. So happy now!

First pic is basic profile and second is the face with a hand.

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: Aw! Congrats on a great appointment!

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@littleblessings: OMG! That little precious hand! So excited for you!

37. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@littleblessings: The hand ultrasound pic is so neat! Glad it went well.

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@littleblessings: I wondering if our little ones are waving at each other? Found a good hand on US today, too

39. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: @yellowbeach: aww,love the little hands!

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Seeing that hand gave me such relief. Last year we had a nephew born with lots of syndromic features who only lived for 1 week. The first thing they spotted that concerned then was clenched fists, so seeing that hand wave was awesome.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee