Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@JennyPenny: I got it at fetaldoppler.net and also paid for the 3 day shipping so it came to $47 total. I got the Sonoline B Fetal Doppler. It comes with a battery and the gel too so I used it immediately after opening the package.

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: cool, thanks!

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MissLace: I just broke down and bought one, too - feels extravagant since DH and I can just US me at work, but I'm envisioning a few months from now when I convince myself I can't feel any movement and really need that reassurance.

4. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: I saw the flicker last time but also didn't hear it. I'm dying to hear it. I just know I'm gonna cry!

5. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I wish SO could come to the ultrasound but he has to work. On my ultrasound reminder paper it says no recording or video. Kind of bummed because I want him to hear the heart beat. Might try to sneak it or see if they will let me record just that for him! Measurement and everything are nothing compared to him being able to hear the heart beat.

6. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

So curious question. What week do you consider the beginning of the 2nd trimester?

7. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@littleblessings: I would say 12w1d only because I feel like even getting to 12 weeks is a huge accomplishment. Also you would have heard/seen a heartbeat by then and had any genetic testing done. I think it's technically 13 weeks, but in my mind I'm counting
    It right after 12 weeks for my own sanity 👍

8. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@MissLace: I like that answer. Lol. 12 weeks is also the end of the 3rd month of pregnancy.

9. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@littleblessings: They have that rule at my ultrasound place also but they did let my husband take photos freely at our 12 week ultrasound last time. Maybe you could do a quick phone video- they might not be strict with it!

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1) - 13w3d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1) - 13w0d
    April 7: Cordie (#1) - 12w5d
    April 10: PeaceLily (#1) - 12w2d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1) - 12w2d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 11w6d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3) - 11w4d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3) - 11w2d
    April 19: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2) - 11w0d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2) - 11w0d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2) - 10w5d
    April 22: MissLace (#2) - 10w4d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 10w2d
    April 26: psw27 (#2) - 10w0d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3) - 10w0d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2) - 9w6d
    April 28: justjules (#2) - 9w5d

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: @yellowbeach: I have seriously gone and added it to my cart like 4 times since last night. But I keep psyching myself out that I'll be super upset if I can't find a heartbeat and it'll make waiting till the next appt super stressful. But then I think, "oh but hearing that sound will be the best", so I go and add it again, and chicken out again. Gah, stupid brain!

12. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: I keep doing the same and then I think about how stressed I'll be if I can't find the heartbeat and the fact that I would rush up to the hospital to make sure baby is okay. It would be worth reassurance but not worth the stress. At least for me. I'd rather have someone that knows what they are doing, find it every time.

13. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@JennyPenny: yeah it could definately go either way. In my own mind I figured I might not find it since I'm not a pro and that didn't bother me, it was more like I wasn't expecting to be able to find it but if I did then great! Also I watched a YouTube video of a woman using the same Doppler at home and it helped me distinguish the heartbeat from other stomach noises like my own heart beat, blood flowing to the placenta etc. one you find it its very distinct with how fast it is.

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I guess technically it is 13w3d if you divide 40 weeks by 3. But, a lot of people consider 36 weeks full term so I think that's where 12 weeks comes into play sometimes.

All of you getting dopplers - you are braver than me! There is no way I need to be freaking myself out at home trying to find a heartbeat constantly!

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I think I'm officially gonna not get one. If I ordered today it would probably be here around Monday, and I've got an appt next Wed, and then one the following Wed. So hopefully that'll be enough reassurance. And after that hopefully feeling movement which will be the best reassurance

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Finally figured out about the NT scan with my insurance. It'll be $200 out of pocket, not including the ultrasound that I'm assuming my Dr will do too. Blah.

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: currently eating pineapple, thought of you!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: ouch. that stinks. I haven't even looked to see what my out of pocket is going to be! I don't want to know (burying head in sand).

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @psw27: Yikes! I asked at the dr if it was covered and they said they didn't know, but I just assumed it would be because I have "good" insurance. Maybe I should double check though

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I have "good" insurance too, I just feel like every once in a while they say "oh that's diagnostic so you have to meet your deductible first" or "oh for blood tests you pay the first 10%" - I don't know, I can't keep track half the time. Everything changes on our policy every year so it won't be the same as last time I bet! I don't worry about it because I want the testing done and it's just part of life. I'm just happy I have "good" insurance and we can afford the testing and good medical care!

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MissLace: awesome! That's the same one I have - I'm going to have to try to find the hb soon!!

@psw27: mmmmmm....now you know I need some too!!

21. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

I realized our announcement had out last name! Changing the photo for privacy! I'll post tomorrow when I have access to a computer and can edit!

22. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I had my flu shot this afternoon, then went to a cooking class with my mom, where it was hot and we were standing a lot. I got super dizzy/lightheaded and almost passed out. Had to sit down for 10-15 minutes to get back to normal. Still not feeling great. I've never had this reaction to the flu shot before so I'm assuming its because of the pregnancy. Still, just one more thing that makes me feel nervous...

23. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh no! I hope after a good night's rest that you're feeling better!!!!

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: thanks! I do indeed feel better, just really sore in my arm at the shot site.

25. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I got up this morning and didn't get sick. I was so happy I did a happy dance in the rain with DD while waiting for the bus. Lol!

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: oh that's scary! I'm glad you are feeling better today. I have a feeling I'll be getting my flu shot today at my appointment. I know it is for the best but ugh!

@littleblessings: hooray!! I feel sort of alive/awake/normal today! It's kind of amazing! Of course, that means I'll throw up extra tomorrow but... living in the moment and being happy about it!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I hope it goes well. My internet research did suggest that fainting/lightheadedness is a common symptom after the flu shot if you're pregnant. So try to take it easy after if you can. Hopefully, you feel just fine.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Whoohoo!!

@JennyPenny: Glad you're feeling better!

I've never gotten the flu shot while pregnant. DS1 was born in Feb, so I had mine before I was discharged from the hospital. DS2, I just didn't do it. Not sure if I'm going to this time or not!

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I absolutely would. With DS I was hospitalized with pneumonia, and while I was there they asked if I had already had a flu shot. I said yes and they were like "Good! Because the flu is often way worse than this if you're pregnant." - said to the lady in the hospital because her oxygen levels were dangerously low. So yeah, I wouldn't risk it!

30. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

They offered the flu shot at my appt last week, but I was still feeling really crappy just from morning sickness and didn't want to add that on top of it. So I just said I'd get it next appt.

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

My appointment went well! Baby was in there moving around, great heartbeat and measuring right at 10w2d. Phew! No flu shot this time, my doctor recommended waiting until October because our flu season went "late" last year (into April) so it was good to wait!

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Yayyyy baby!

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Yay for good appointments! Glad baby is doing well

34. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

So my appt didn't go so well. They couldn't find a heartbeat which scares me beyond belief. I have an ultrasound Monday but I don't have the best feeling.

35. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@bubblegum: Hoping and praying your LO is just being mischievous and hiding. I can't imagine trying to wait that long to get some reassurance. Take care of yourself this weekend as best you can. Thinking of you.

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: thank you so much for that. We all the prayers we can get.

37. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Okay I did it! And Yes, one of our pups we adopted (at age 6, now 8) and is not excited at all (he had two previous pregnancies he's been through) and has switched to being attached to Dad.

38. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@bubblegum: Sending prayers your way. Hoping for a fast pounding beat Monday!

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mrsmacSLP: cute! Was it well-received? Are you officially out to the world??

40. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: very well received! When baby is born we'll have been married for 5 years and together for almost 15. Everyone was just waiting for it. The WHOLE world knows now which is good because there is no hiding my bump now.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee