Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So this cold snowy air plus my already sensitive nose = constant congestion and daily nose bleeds. Any tips? Have tried sleeping with the humidifier and applying some vasoline to my nose with no luck. It's really cutting into my sleep too. Also doesn't help that I'm working nights for 6 weeks.

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Ditto. I felt absolutely awful after the test last time, I remember almost passing out on the subway on the way home! Dread dread dread!

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: Is there a medical reason they scheduled your c-section? Sorry, I'm nosy!

4. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Hahaha I'm the same way so no worries. Yes I have an android pelvis so no baby over 7 pounds will ever be able to make their way out. My son was over 9 pounds so my doctor won't take the risk. I'm totally fine with it. Birth is birth. In both situations you get a beautiful baby which is the goal for us all

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: I really like breathe right nose strips for when congestion keeps me up at night and https://www.amazon.com/Ayr-Saline-Nasal-Soothing-Ounce/dp/B0010NSC1U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483994275&sr=8-1&keywords=ayr%2Bsaline%2Bnasal%2Bgel&th=1 this stuff helps when my nose feels all dry and irritated.

6. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: Love your positivity! Healthy, happy, squishy babies are all that matters.

7. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Aww thank you! I try. It always makes me so sad when I hear the disappointment in some mamas voice when they had to get a c-section or fear getting one. We all got pregnant to have a beautiful baby not a beautiful birth plan. No birth solution makes any mom more "mom". We're all rock stars!

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: I feel the same way! I've had 2 c-sections and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything at all. It's just the safest way to bring my babies into the world and that's fine with me!

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: 🙌

10. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Exactly! As long as mama and baby are safe and healthy that's the most important part of the experience.

@JennyPenny:

11. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

And we passed glucose screening! Woohoo!

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: woohoo!

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Oh man - I just found my "pre-baby checklist" for DS so I could get one going for this little guy. I forgot how much stuff there is, even for #2!! Gah! Need to get on this, only 15 weeks left!!!

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Sweet!

I have mine Thursday morning along with a 28 week US to follow-up on her renal issues. Unfortunately DH will be out of town in England attending his grandmum's funeral. I hate going to USs alone, especially when there could be bad news.

15. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I have my glucose test tomorrow. As for today I have either food poisoning or really bad acid reflux. I feel awful

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Yay!!!

@JennyPenny: Care to share? I love me some lists!

So, at my last appt, my doc made a note that I want April 19th for my scheduled csec! It's not official, but I really hope I get the date! It's my mom's bday and exactly 39 weeks (the earliest they'll do the csec). Fingers crossed - I think I schedule in a couple weeks!!!!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Here we go....

Send maternity leave plan to HR
    Bring FMLA certification form to OB
    Call STD provider
    Prepare paperwork for US passport
    Schedule maternity photos
    Freezer meals
    Prep postpartum supplies
    Prep hospital bag
    Prep birth announcements
    Finish DS's big boy room
    Tidy up nursery and restock with infant diapers/medicine/etc
    Get big gear out of storage and clean
    Install car seat and get it checked
    Sort through season appropriate clothes and wash - fill in gaps
    Make baby quilt
    Order breast pump through insurance
    Get a baby book?

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Eeeek so exciting, hope you get it!! I feel like once I schedule mine it will start feeling more real!

@mrsmacSLP: Yay!!! 🙌

@littleblessings: Oh no, hope you feel better soon!

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@lilteacherbee: thank you. I hope so too! I feel like crud and the kids have a snow day.

20. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@JennyPenny: I love looking at people's lists. I'm such a list person. The act of writing it down and organizing it calms me down.
    But eek. 15 weeks!

21. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: oh my gosh! I haven't done anything and I'm down to 12 weeks!

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Ahh, I love it! And thank you - cause it reminds me of some things I need to get done too

@lilteacherbee: I definitely feel like having the date will make it feel more "real"! I am getting so antsy to get things done at home!

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks for sharing your list - I'm totally stealing it. It helps me get on track. 15 weeks (or less if we have another early bird!)

@littleblessings: I hope you feel better soon!

@yellowbeach: I hope everything goes okay at your US. I hate being alone at US' too - especially since I did get bad news (not a big deal now thankfully) alone and I was crying.

Is anyone else having pain in their hips? I can only describe it as maybe a pulled hip flexor? either way, I can hardly walk sometimes. Yoga seems to help, but only temporarily. Of course pushing a stroller through snow for over an hour a day doesn't help.

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: I have SPD this time, so yes, I totally can relate to you on the hip/pelvic pain. It definitely hurts for me to walk sometimes.

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: hmm now that I'm reading about it - I might have this. Ugh. Lovely. I do a lot of walking and my house is full of stairs (townhouse) so... this could be a great 15 weeks! What do you do for relief?

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Honestly, there isn't anything other than not moving. My doctor said some people end up walking with crutches, it gets so bad. They referred me to a physical therapist if it gets any worse!

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Whoot whoot!!!! That would be awesome!

28. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I had a question for you mamas! So with DS I didn't do freezer meals butttt with DD on her way, I think it's best that I have some freezer meals set because I'm sure I'll have my hands tied with both the kids.

Any suggestions?

29. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

Failed the 1-hour glucose screen with high sugar after drinking the glucose solution. Fasted overnight and did the 3-hour blood tests at the lab at 6:30am. When I got home the charge nurse called me to make sure I was okay because my blood sugar was "alarmingly low" and I have severe hypoglycemia. The 1-hour screen always seems to catch me at a spike right before my sugar drops. It happens with every pregnancy. Annoying, but oh well!

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: So the main reason I resurrected my to-do list from DS was to get my list of recipes that I froze for him. And I culled it down to the ones I knew were good and added a few I've discovered since he was born:

Chicken Pesto Shells - http://www.whatscookinchicago.com/2010/05/pesto-chicken-stuffed-shells.html
    Beef Bourgignon - Ina Garten
    Lasagna - Pioneer Woman
    Enchiladas
    Chicken and Rice Casserole -https://mykitchenescapades.wordpress.com/
    Chicken Parm Bake - HB
    Turkey Taco Soup - skinnytaste
    Beef Stroganoof - skinnytaste
    Chicken and Biscuits - Ina Garten

Plus some muffins and soups and breakfast items.

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: Yikes, that stinks! So does that mean you passed the 3 hr test?

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Any tips for prepping? Like how far in advance should I be making these meals and freezing them?

33. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Yay! That's a relief!

@JennyPenny: I've been adding to my checklist too. Seems like I'm adding more than I can check off right now. Ahhh!

@yellowbeach: Good luck. I hope it's uneventful and you get some good views of baby.

@littleblessings: Hope you are feeling better!

@ValentineMommy: I can't believe we are all that far along already. This pregnancy is flying by.

@psw27: I had incredible hip pain with my previous pregnancies. Aside from rest, a heating pad was the only thing that provided some pain relief.

@bubblegum: I'm big on freezer meals. I always cook extra and save another portion for a lunch or dinner. Tomato sauce with sausages or meatballs, pot roast with veggies, pulled pork, quiche, soup, chili, meatloaf, tater tot casserole, chicken pot pie, Hawaiian crockpot chicken, spinach egg cups for breakfast, etc. I found most ideas on Pinterest. I have most of the recipes saved on my phone and can share if you want.

34. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Had an adorable and memorable moment this morning. DD got to feel baby kick and roll this morning! The look on her face was priceless and just makes me more excited to see them together!

35. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: Yes, I passed the 3-hour test with super low blood sugar. I don't know why I always have that high spike that causes me to fail the 1-hour screen, but I definitely don't have elevated glucose levels on a regular basis. So weird!

36. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Awwww Is she excited to be a big sister?

37. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MapleMoose: She is SO excited to be a big sister! One of her friends has a baby brother that's about 4 months old and she adores him. She pays more attention to him than her friend, haha. I just hope she likes her baby sister as much as she loves other people's babies.

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: How far in advance do you make the meals and how long can they last up to in the freezer?

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: I made them about 5-6 weeks in advance. I think the general rule of thumb is that things last 3-6 months. I didn't have any issues with things getting freezer burn or anything.

For prepping I got a bunch of those disposable metallic tins for things like lasagnas and casseroles. I double-wrapped them in foil and labeled the outside with what it was, date, and prep instructions. Soups and things I put in freezer ziplock bags, frozen flat so they take less time to defrost. Once they were frozen I also wrapped them in a layer of foil but I'm not sure if that was just me being OCD..

40. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: That's adorable! I bet she'll be so proud because this one will be HER baby sister.

@bubblegum: Pretty much everything @JennyPenny: said. I started freezing a bunch of "leftovers" and took half a day one weekend to prep some freezer meals around 34-36 pregnant weeks until I had a nice stash. And I also read 3-6 month freezer life for most stuff. The soups I froze in quart size freezer bags (flat, like Jenny said) and put 2 of those in a gallon bag after they were frozen just to prevent any possible leaks. Those made great, quick sides to go with sandwiches or salads when I was tired or busy with kids.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee