Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: I have a decent size stash so I have to at least try. Lol

2. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: I was looking for a list of what to have ready for him before the baby comes. I made a small list that mainly revolved around making his new room, which I actually finished last night! Super excited for him just waiting on his mattress and he'll be in his big boy room.

DH will be staying with him every night while baby and I are in the hospital and during the day he'll be my MIL. Basically the same routine minus mommy.

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Nope, I didn't notice a difference at all. In fact, I was shocked when I didn't have it last time because they drilled it into my head that my chances of having it again were pretty high (they even made me do an early test around 16 weeks and again at 28). DS1 was 8lb 13oz and DS2 was 8lb 3oz, both at 39 weeks. DD is measuring just a few days ahead on ultrasounds instead of 2-3 weeks, so maybe I'll have a normal 7lb baby this time! Thankfully, I controlled it pretty well with diet so I never had to deal with insulin or anything. I just hated thinking about every single thing I was going to eat I think the best part was having pancakes with lots of syrup as my first postpartum meal at the hospital haha!

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I didn't really do anything special for DS1 before DS2 came, other than to read books about being a big brother, and getting him a baby doll to "take care of" himself. I think he had 4-5 big brother books and we read at least one each day. We really talked up having a little brother and how he would have big boy responsibilities after DS2 came home.

@lilteacherbee: Oh man, I would have a 13 pounder or something if I have GD. DS1 was over 9 pounds and I didn't have it! Lol Fingers crossed it's not an issue, but my rapid weight gain this time, and my massive sweets cravings have me really worried!!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: We have been doing the babydoll especially with his therapists. I'm hoping he adjust quickly and just really enjoys being a big brother.

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yeah, I'm only 5' so everyone expects me to have these petite babies...not so much! DS1 barely fit into NB clothes for 2 weeks (he turned 2 weeks old at Thanksgiving and he was busting out of his cute turkey outfit ). Fingers crossed we both luck out with no GD!

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Ugh... Off to the doctor for a blood draw since my son/his daycare seem to have Fifths Disease. Need to find out if I am immune. Hooray. More needles. hahahaha.... fingers crossed!!

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: How is his personality? Is he clingy or independent? DS1 was pretty laid back, so I wasn't too worried. This time around....I'm rather concerned about DS2. He is definitely more clingy and all about mommy.

@lilteacherbee: I'm 5'9, but DH is only 5'7. DS1 never fit into nb clothes at all! I think the only reason DS2 was smaller and fit into them was because I was sick and medicated for 32 weeks of my pregnancy.....which makes me think this little girl is going to be gigantic! Lol And definitely - fingers crossed we don't have GD!

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: It honestly depends on the day. There are days where he can do his thing and not have a worry in the world about anyone else. Then there are days where without your attention he might lose his mind! How are you hoping to get DS2 into the swing of big brother mode?

10. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Honestly, I don't think it's possible haha, though I may just feel that way because he was up sick all night and super duper clingy the past few days. I really don't know how to prepare him - he's only 17 months. DS1 was 2.5 and had a huge vocabulary, so he was much easier to communicate with. DS2 is still so young - my baby!!

11. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Awww he's a baby! That's totally understandable!!

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: yikes! Good luck!!

I just got this ad on Facebook and it makes the last trimester seem like it's gonna be a cruel joke. I think I'm blocking out how uncomfortable the last trimester was last time because looking at that picture there is NO room!!

13. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@ValentineMommy: I feel the same way. E is only 15 months now so I have no idea how to "prepare" him!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: that picture scares me. My ribs hurt so much now and I see those feet..... Ouch!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: @justjules: My boys are 20 months apart and my oldest had a tough time adjusting. He was very sweet towards the baby, but he started throwing insane tantrums and didn't want anything to do with me. I honestly wondered if I had ruined his life! He has always been super verbal so he understood at least a little, but I think a combination of the age, the huge change, and his personality made it hard.

All that said...it only lasted about a month! He eventually went back to his usual self and adjusted pretty well. The positives are that after a little while, he didn't remember a time without the baby and now at 3 and 17 months, they are super close and play well together (and he no longer "hates" me ). It obviously wasn't too bad because I'm doing it again- the gap this time will be 21 months. I'm a little nervous because DS2 is way more attached to me and more of a "mama's boy" than DS1 was, probably somewhat because I'm a SAHM now and I was working with my first. BUT he also has to share me already with his brother and he's used to waiting, etc, so hopefully that part will be easier.

16. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@justjules: @ValentineMommy: DD1 and DS were almost 17 months apart. She honestly didn't really understand that the new baby was going to be real until she met him. She transitioned really really well. I had her help me a lot with him with what she could. Helping pick out his clothes and handing me new diapers. I even put his bath tub in the tub with her at bath time (we have a huge tub). She is a very nurturing child. Age gap between DS and DD2 will be 3 years and 3 months. He's a little more aggressive so I don't know how to help him transition to "gentle" and a new baby. I'm just lucky the transition from 1-2 was a breeze. Hoping for the same luck this time.

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Oddly, I don't remember the last trimester being that uncomfortable either time. I feel like I was more anxious/excited to be nearing the end really. Although, both times I went to the ER more than once in that last trimester.....so yea. My memory is probably lying to me lol

@justjules: Right?? They're just babies!

@psw27: I swear that DS1 permanently damaged my ribs. I can still feel the spot that his feet lived in - 4 years later! Granted, he was a huge baby, but still! The actual first thing I said when they pulled him out was "OMG I can breathe again!!" Lol!

@lilteacherbee: This whole thing makes me nervous. DS2 is definitely a mama's boy, and is not nearly as verbal as DS1 ever was. I haven't even attempted to explain it to him, though I probably should? I'm more worried about logistics right now, and being away from him for a few days while I'm in the hospital.

@littleblessings: DS2 is definitely more aggressive than DS1 also....I'm a little nervous about that. He already throws tantrums, throws and hits things....

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Will your parents be watching them while you're in the hospital? I'm a little nervous about that simply because they'll be split up among my parents, in-laws, and my sister because they all won't be able to keep both of them for the entire stay. The good thing I guess is that both boys are very used to them because we see them all 2-3 times a week. The logistics is just stressful! Here's hoping DH doesn't get another kidney stone the NIGHT after my c-section 😳 (He ended up in the ER and then going home so I was alone at the hospital the first night anyway...)

19. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I'm officially in my 3rd trimester! Only 3 more months. SO WEIRD! 90 days sounds like a lot but it's really not. The countdown begins.

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: omg - yea, hopefully your DH doesn't have a repeat of that. My hospital stay was 5 days (4 nights) with both boys. Obviously, with DS1 it was much easier. With DS2, DH and my parents did every other day. So, night 1 he was at my parents house, night 2 at home with DH (and my mom stayed with me in the hospital), repeat. It worked out really well for us, cause DH snores HORRIBLY and I got no sleep after having DS1. This way, we both got a break. This time, I'm thinking they're going to switch off again, but my mom said she's going to sleep at my house instead of having a "sleepover", so the boys are in their own beds (DS2 does not sleep well away from home).

@bubblegum: Yay!!!! I'm not in the 3rd trimester yet, but I'm definitely counting down! I'm hoping for that April 19th date, so that gives me 90 days!!! I'm so excited!

21. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

So far the third trimester has been really good to me! I'm heading to the doctors in about an hour to take the glucose test, wish me luck! How are all you mamas doing?

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: Ahhh I think I have just a little over 100 days until 39 weeks I can't believe it!

@mrswilson2012: Good luck!!

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: wow that is crazy! I remember being so relieved after LO arrived that my bladder went back to normal (aka I didn't have to pee every hour!). I have to say I am looking forward to not being pregnant anymore, even though I have 14 weeks to go. I just feel huge/ugly/uncomfortable

@bubblegum: woohoo 3rd trimester!

@mrswilson2012: Good luck!!

24. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: That was my original due date! Fingers crossed for you!

25. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: YES!!! Can't wait! The sleepiness has greeted me already

26. justjules

apricot / 488 posts

@lilteacherbee: @littleblessings: @ValentineMommy: the other week E pushed DH out of the way when DH hugged me then went in a hug for himself staring down DH in the process, ha! He is a total mamas boy and very attached to me so I'm a bit worried about that part. What gives me hope is he LOVES people (total extrovert like his dad) and loves babies. Once we are over the adjustment period I hope they can be good playmates. For E, the more people around the better!

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: @psw27: I remember being so relieved to be able to roll over in bed or get up off the floor and not have it be a huge ordeal. Its the little things

Its so crazy how 3 more months can feel like both a really long time (I am gonna get how much bigger?) and too short (how will I get everything done!?)

28. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Ughhh, yes. I feel like it's a process just to roll over and I'm like...how do I still have 3.5 months left?! I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy because it's my last one, but I already feel so huge!

@justjules: My oldest is very social too and I think that helped! He loved telling everyone about his brother and especially loved the extra attention from family. When my second was really little, my parents or sister would take him for the day to give me a break and give him some special attention.

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrswilson2012: How did the test go?

@lilteacherbee: Right?!? This pregnancy for the most part has been flying by! I think Feb/March is going to be super slow though, for some reason. I just want to cuddle my baby!

@psw27: I also feel huge and uncomfy....I'm ready for my body back, though not so ready for all the work I'm going to have to do to get back into shape!

@bubblegum: Thank you!

@justjules: Aww, that's so cute! Both my boys are pretty social, so I'm hoping that works in our favor.

@JennyPenny: Since I'm having csections, I am not looking forward to the newly not-pregnant phase. Those first few weeks are more uncomfortable than being pregnant - and they're super hard when you have other little kids around!

30. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I had an ultrasound last night and this sneaky babe hid her face the WHOLE time! We couldn't get a peek at all. And oh joy! My second glucola test is today. I took one very early on because my first baby was so huge and now I'll be taking it again.

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: Good luck! I had to do an early test last time because I had GD with my first, but I passed both the early and regular tests! Fingers crossed for you! Mine is in a few more weeks.

@ValentineMommy: Yeah, I was thinking about the first few weeks postpartum last night. My pregnancy insomnia is pretty bad, but I thought about the awful night sweats I get after the baby is born because of all the post c-section fluids they pump into you. Last time, it was early August and the AC would be blasting and then I'd wake up freezing because I was soaked from sweating. Ugh, so glamorous! Good thing they're worth it

32. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you! Ugh isn't it the most sugary thing you've ever had?!

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: Oh yeah the night sweats! I'm pretty sure the 3-5 lbs or whatever I lost the first week home was all sweat!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: @JennyPenny: I had the sweats sooooo bad! I would get up and change clothes 1-2 times a night and have to lay a towel down on the sheets. Ugh so gross!! I've warned my friends about that cause no one tells you!

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: you're right! I feel like I was prepped for all the other postpartum unpleasantries but that one took me by surprise.

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: weirdly, I had awful night sweats with ds1, and nothing at all with ds2. Csections with both too! Pregnancy and pp are so weird.

37. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

How did I forget about the postpartum night sweats?! I must have blocked it out.

I always retain water in the 3rd trimester and my legs get a tad swollen so I bought a pair of compression socks. Wore them for the first time today and my lower legs actually looked pre-pregnancy normal without any puffiness when I took the socks off tonight. And they helped a bit with some of the aches from prolonged standing. I'm sold. It's pants weather so I don't care that they look like granny stockings.

38. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

@ValentineMommy: It went well and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now I have to wait for the test results, ugh.

Is anyone else counting down the days for their maternity leave? I work a normal desk job (Mon-Fri 7am to 3:30pm) but nesting is starting to kick in. I'd rather be at home working on all the little projects I need to get done before baby girl arrives!

39. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Is anybody else having such vivid dreams that they either wake up crying or with a headache?

40. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@mrswilson2012: I am constantly moving at my job chasing kids from k-21 with disabilities. I'm so ready for maternity leave buuuut I'm thankful I'm healthy and can continue to work for awhile longer! The teachers I work with are amazing and really make sure I get a 15 minute break each hour and a full lunch.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee