Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: labor cookies?! Do tell! (Not that I'm ready for labor at all....)

2. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: they are essentially a combo between gingersnaps and molasses cookies with some cayenne pepper added in. They worked wth my last pregnancy.

3. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: this is good to know! Thanks!

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I can only pray that I make it long enough to need these cookies! 35 + 3 today!

5. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@littleblessings: you're giving this 39 week (tomorrow) pregnant woman some ideas......

Today I cleaned the house (including vacuuming the couch!), got my toes done, laundry, and did a last minute target run for some changing pad covers we found out fit the Guava Family bassinet mattress! I'm nested and ready.

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Wow! 1 more week! Sending good labor vibes your way

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

37 weeks today. I feel so swollen this morning.

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: I felt really swollen yesterday, but it seems to have passed. Hopefully it does for you too.

I can't believe we have less than a week left in March and we don't have any more babies yet!!

I have a dr. appt this afternoon. My guess is it'll probably be my GBS test and I think last time they also did a cervical check at the same time. I'm excited to see where I am even though I know it doesn't really mean anything about when labor might start. So curious!

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Aww well I hope it gets better for the both of us!

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: wow less than a week! Woohoo! I'm so excited for you!

@littleblessings: I'm so happy you made it this far, you give me hope! I hope the swelling goes down!

@JennyPenny: hope your appointment goes well! I'm a little surprised some of our early in the month due dates haven't gone yet, I guess the babies all really want diamonds as their birth stone.

@bubblegum: I keep telling myself I refuse to complain about anything since I'm just grateful I've made it this far. That is getting harder and harder though

11. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: I can imagine!! When's your due date?

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: 4/26... I highly doubt I'll go that late though. I'm guessing about 7-10 days after my last progesterone shot (which is Wednesday) so that's about April 5-8th. We'll see what baby has in mind though!

13. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Well that's super soon then!! Fingers crossed that either way your babe is healthy as can be!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I'm sure he will be fine! I've already made it 8 days longer than my first DS and he did great! I'm just so excited for all the babies to start arriving in our group!! It's getting real

15. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: That's awesome! YES!! That's going to be amazing to see all the babes coming in

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: I was super swollen last night. I've been taking Epsom salt baths once a week or so and it really helps. Hope your swelling goes down!

@JennyPenny: I have the GBS test on wednesday. Blah!

My to-do list is starting to dwindle (yay!) although my house is still a disaster. I suppose with two kids at home, it'll never really be very clean lol. I don't have the energy to do much anymore, and DH isn't as big of a help as I need!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I think I may have just lost some of my mucus plug. Its hard to tell but I don't want to get all TMI descriptive on you guys. I didn't lose it (or see it at least) with DS1 so it'd be new for me.

18. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: GIRL!!! You better spill! I need to know!!! Are you going to be our second April babe, in March?!

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@JennyPenny: I agree with @BubbleGum - time to give some details. I want to know if someone is finally going to join the baby club with me!

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: @yellowbeach: Lol, you ladies crack me up! Alright, well it looked basically like a small wad of slighty bloody mucus, maybe the size of half my pinkie finger. However, it was in the toilet with a poop so its hard to say definitively where it came from, but it was separate... haha, so gross!!

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Another doctors appointment this morning, and she has already gained ~3lbs! 3.5lbs at 1 week and 6.5 lbs at 6 weeks

22. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: OMGGGG!! Soooo what now?! I never lost my mucus plug so I don't know if that means labors about to start or what

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@yellowbeach: That face!!!

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: oh wow!! I lost mine with my DS but was as my water was breaking. It probably was part of it! I was just reading an email from babycenter or one of those places that said its normal to lose chunks from 36 weeks on and it can re-grow.

@yellowbeach: what a sweetheart! That is some great weight gain!! How are you guys doing at home? I'm so glad you are finally enjoying maternity leave together at home!

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: @psw27: Apparently it's an early sign of labor starting but it can be hours or weeks It's basically like finding out how dilated you are. Just shows progress but not a timeline

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: Wow, she's grown so much! Looking great! How's it been being home?

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: ohhhh man!!! when's your next appt?

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: in an hour

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: YES!!! Update us if the doctor gives you any news

30. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: How exciting! For what it's worth, I lost my mucus plug over weeks with #1 but was not at all dilated at 42 weeks and ended up induced. I never lost my mucus with #2 and had spontaneous, precipitous labor (start to finish in 1.5 hours). So don't get discouraged if the doctor doesn't see any progress down there today. Every labor is different!

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

2-3 cm dilated, 50% effaced. Baby is head down. She said she did see evidence of bloody mucus and all that combined with my contractions she thinks labor "isn't too far off". She didn't give me any specific timeline but said it seems unlikely I make it to my due date. And we left with "we'll see you next week, if you make it that far..."

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Eeek!! So exciting! Hope it's not long for you now

@yellowbeach: Wow, she's grown so much! What a cutie so glad she's doing well!

@ValentineMommy: Haha yes to the never completely clean house My energy is almost gone at this point. I had a newborn session yesterday and I'm always a little sore afterwards, but man, I'm dying today! Three hours of constant up and down, bending, rocking baby, etc. I feel like an old lady (and I'm probably walking like one too!)

33. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Wow!! That's so exciting!!

34. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: How freaking exciting is that!!!! So amped for you!!

35. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay! I'm so thrilled for you and slightly jealous haha!

@yellowbeach: she is adorable!

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: @psw27: @bubblegum: @mrsmacSLP: Thanks, ladies! Though it'll be a huge letdown if I'm still sitting here pregnant 4 weeks from now...

37. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: ha don't even say that! I'm sure baby is moving right along.

38. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: woohoo! Fingers crossed for you!

For some reason my DH is more concerned getting a play scape for my DD built and planned out than doing anything that has to do with the actual BABY THAT'S COMING. Argh! Our sprinkle is this weekend and I'm stoked about that because then I feel like I can finally out things away because we'll have a dresser by then and I can start washing everything. I have my growth scan this wed to plan out c section vs vbac. So I could have as little as 4 weeks/3 weekends before baby comes! Which is insane to me. Ack.

39. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Time is flying!! I think it's adorable that your DH is focused on making sure his kids have something fun to play with. It's funny how men and women differ in parenting priorities.
    A few weeks ago I counted out the weeks left with my DH and it lit a fire up under him. Suddenly he was painting and organizing and checking things off the Honey Do list. It was good timing for him to get moving because I'm really slowing down these days.

40. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MapleMoose: lol, his reasoning behind it is that it'd be something for her to do while we're busy with the baby. I finally yelled at him last night after he brought it up for the millionth time and he said he'd stop talking about it until after the nursery is done. I've also mentioned to him that we technically could only have 3 weekends left, 2 of which are completely booked with events on both Sat/Sun. It may have helped a little bit with him realizing how little time we have left, but he's distracted this week with work since it's the end of the quarter. Which I don't blame him. It's just crazy how fast time has been going. I really thought I'd have things finished by now.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee