Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Was your Femara cheaper than Clomid? Clomid was $5 for me but the Femara was only $2.

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I think so but I don't remember exact prices

3. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: My OB's first choice was also Femara, which was surprising since I always hear about Clomid more. My Femara cost $3.

I'm honestly looking forward to finishing my Provera on Friday, waiting for AF, and starting Femara. Is that weird? I'll take whatever I can "control" at this point!

4. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: No, not weird at all. I loved feeling like I was doing something other than just sitting around and waiting!

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

The last time we had sex was yesterday at noon. We won't be able to BD again until midnight tonight unless I make a trip home sometime today.

Do you guys think it can wait? Even if I ovulate 24 hours after the first positive (6 AM) it will be tomorrow morning.

6. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Hmm....if I was in your situation, I think I'd be fine with waiting until midnight. If you BD yesterday, tonight at midnight, and then tomorrow afternoon, that's probably sufficient.

But you should do whatever gives you peace of mind!

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I agree with you. I've heard that the most successful days for conception are 0-2 and 0-1 so we would hit those.

I should add that I don't have as much EWCM as I did yesterday so I think it's bound to happen sooner rather than later. And hopefully his swimmers can live up for a while!

8. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I think at this point, his swimmers better step up to the game!

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: yay! I vote that you have your bases covered.

Does anyone do anything to increase CM? I already stay pretty hydrated. Weirdly enough I notice it early (i.e. like today, which is CD 7) - maybe because it's thicker then - and less later on (and I've never been very good at distinguishing it from leftover "product"). I tried mucinex one cycle last fall when I was discouraged, and can't say I noticed a huge difference, but maybe I didn't take enough as I was a bit hesitant about it.

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: HA, no kidding.

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Mucinex will only thin the CM that you do have, it won't increase it.

I usually have more watery CM than EWCM around ovulation time, which according to all the research I've done, is just as good as the stretchy thick stuff. I do think that since you've gotten pregnant twice you shouldn't worry about it too much (as difficult as it is not to worry about everything!).

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: @mrskansas: I feel like I have more watery CM for a few days followed by 1-2 days max of EWCM. But good to know about Mucinex!

13. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: @periwinklebee: I really like this article about CM. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/courses/lesson.php?p=1;5;0;0

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Nooooo!

15. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I really like this part of the article: "In a typical menstrual cycle, cervical fluid starts out scant and dry just after menstruation, becoming sticky or pasty, then creamy before the more fertile, watery and egg white fluid is observed when you are most fertile around ovulation. After ovulation, cervical fluid is again scant and dry. "

Sometimes it's so hard for me to find something that plainly states that. I feel like I go through that process twice in a cycle.

16. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Yaaaayyyy! (LOL just catching up)

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Took my progesterone suppository on Sunday night, then I talked to the RE's office on Monday and they told me to stop taking it. Started spotting on Tuesday and woke up to full flow today. So I guess it's CD 1 and on to the next cycle! I just gotta convince DH to try IUI. This is costing way too much money each cycle to not really go full bore on it. Plus it's been two freaking years. I am over it!!!

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: CM is so confusing.
    I read something about a test they can do to check your CM after you BD to make sure it's compatible with your DH's sperm. I had no idea they could do that. I guess you go in a few hours after sex and they look at the fluid under a microscope. Crazy!

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Your husband has done a semen analysis, correct?

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Yup. He's fertile and perfectly healthy, as am I, according to the RE.

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Thank you! I read somewhere that CM declines with age, but that it doesn't really matter as long as you are hitting o-2 or o-1. Trying not to worry unnecessarily

@dominobee: Thinking of you I hope that your husband gets on board and that IUI is the extra boost you need!

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I'm sorry, that's so frustrating. I'm sure that's an understatement though.
    Maybe you could switch from Clomid to Femara and try that plus a trigger & IUI? I've read quite a few success stories about Femara working better for unexplained fertility.

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Side note: My cramps have been way more intense this period. Perhaps because it was delayed. They also started yesterday even though I was just spotting at that point. They don't hurt more, per se, but it feels like my entire abdomen is affected, rather than just my uterus. My lower back hurts and every now and then I have a twinge of pain in what feels like my ovaries. Even my cervix hurts. Ugh. I wore the softest clothes possible to work today and even though I'm invited to a friend's birthday party tonight, I'm just going to go home after work, put on even softer clothes and read or watch TV until it's time to go to bed... early.

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Yes, I'm going to ask about Femara! Also, my RE has said some weird shit about CM, essentially that it "doesn't matter"!!! I'm like, okay yeah, sure.

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I think it would be good for you, especially since you experience a lot of side effects w/ Clomid!
    I definitely don't agree with your RE about CM. It's what transports the sperm to the egg! At least with IUI you don't have to worry about that.

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: I think he will, if I lay out the logical argument to him. I think he's just really attached to the romance of doing it the old-fashioned way. He is a huuuuuge romantic and very emotionally driven.

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Yeah I don't really know what he was talking about there...

28. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Yeah my husband is the same way. He really hates doing anything that "messes with nature" but he sucked it up when he realized how much I wanted to try more interventions.

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I just plan to assure him that getting pregnant and having a baby will be magical and romantic no matter how it happens. We have friends who just had a kid through IVF and I doubt they would say that the way he was conceived at all diminishes the emotions they're feeling right now as first time parents.

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Also my husband loves cliches so I'll use the good ol' "work smarter, not harder." Why not take advantage of the tools at our disposal if what we're doing now isn't working?

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: "Work smarter, not harder" - yes to this!
    Once you have a child, it really doesn't matter how they were conceived. Whether is was while honeymooning in Tahiti or in a doctor's office, it's all moot once you're pregnant. The end result is what's important.

32. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: You do actually have sex before and after an IUI, so your husband can dream that it was actually one of those times that got you pregnant instead of the IUI if it helps him feel better. My husband is in that boat, every time I joke he wasn't there when we made this kid, he responds "it could have been that fun spontaneous sex we had 2 days before or the forced sad sex we had the day of"

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Oh cool, I did not know that!

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Yup you can't have sex within 48 hrs of the IUI to make sure count is good but before that is fair game and then unless you are doing a back to back IUI they tell you to have sex after the IUI for a day or two.

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: love it! hope it convinces your husband!

36. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dominobee: good luck this cycle! I think IUI is a reasonable next step. DH is similar to yours about letting nature take its course and "not messing" with it. Everytime I bring up the possibility of IUI, he avoids the topic.

37. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@periwinklebee: I used Preseed because my CM situation is saaaad, especially on Clomid.

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Well I ended up going home at lunch to have peace of mind.
    Now I just wait.

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs.Panda: ugh, I've heard that about clomid. Haven't tried preseed yet...

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Are you getting the results of your third beta today? Hoping for good news for you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee