Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Same sister! Except not making up for lost time, just working extra this week.

I sure hope you are pregnant!!

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: OMG how annoying! I hate when it falls around family holidays.

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: OMG! That is freaking hilarious. LOLOLOLOL.

4. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: My husband actually didn't even tell me she said that until she passed away last year. He said he didn't want to "make it weird" Haha

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I would be mortified if ANYONE in my family saw us doing the deed. I think he made the right choice not telling you right away!

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: OMG I would have died of embarrassment. Thankfully, as far as I know our holiday BDing went unnoticed

@dominobee: Good luck with the work!

7. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: DH really wanted to do it over Thanksgiving, but I just could not bring myself to do it in my childhood bedroom. Plus that room shares a wall with my parents' room!

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: The walls at my parents house are so thin, and my dad will just walk in without knocking. But I knew I was about to ovulate and was NOT going to miss the opportunity (and am glad I didn't since that was the cycle where we conceived). We were extra cautious to be fully under the covers so at least not too much would be revealed if someone did walk in - but I would have still died of embarrassment

9. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@dominobee: I'm glad Clomid didn't make you nuts! Do you take it at night or the morning? I found I didn't have any real side effects when I took it before bed. And that is hilarious about your DH!!

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I took it at night all three cycles. This is the only one where it didn't make me crazy.

11. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

I guess it's a good thing we decided to hold off until my next cycle because today is probably O day and I have the stomach flu. Blech.
    Thank goodness for my MIL who is watching DS today but I miss him because I was pretty much bedridden yesterday.

12. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@dominobee: what dosage are you on this month? Was it the same as other months? This is my first cycle with Clomid this time around, I was on it for a few cycles before I got pregnant with DD in 2013/2014, but for the life of me I can't remember how I felt on it specifically.

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: Yuck, I'm sorry. I really hope you feel better soon

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Mrs.Panda: 50mg all three times

15. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I hate when the second half of a TWW starts on a Monday. It makes for such a long week.
    6 DPO today and the trigger is still in my system. I've been using OPKs since my daughter took my Amazon package with the HPTs and now I can't find it anywhere.

16. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Oh no! That sucks. Hoping for lots of distractions for you this week. Since you took HCG you'll go in for betas at CD14, right?

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Yep. I'm sure I'll test before then but they will do betas at 14 DPO regardless to start the next cycle if needed.

18. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

7dpo over here. Having some mild cramping on my right side yesterday and today. Trying not to read too much into that but took a test yesterday. It was obviously negative. lol. Someone talk me off the ledge!

19. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@bushelandapeck: After 6 DPO I pretty much live on countdowntopregnancy looking at the photo galleries for tests on each DPO.....

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bushelandapeck: We are in the same boat; I'm 6 DPO.
    No advice but you're not alone in going a little crazy

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@knittylady: @mrskansas: nice to have your support, ladies!!

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yeah I don't have any good advice either. Every month I say I'm going to be chill and every month I drive myself crazy!! All to just see AF show right on schedule.

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I think the progesterone is making me a little crazy. I cried numerous times yesterday and was just in a bad mood.
    It's probably a good thing I won't see my husband until Friday night because I think he is sick of me.

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Ugh that sucks. I'm so sorry.

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Not that I want to admit it but I think it's a combination of the hormones plus just being stressed and over this process. It's so draining.
    I also can't stop eating my emotions so I am heavier than I want to be and that's a big issue for me.

26. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Hormones are no joke. I don't know if it was progesterone or hcg or both, but I cried every single day for the month after my loss, regardless of whether there was anything to cry about. Once my hormones got closer to normal, it was like someone flipped a switch, and sure I might get upset or find something sad, but sobbing at virtually anything was gone...My husband was very patient, but there were definitely a few instances where he'd had enough.

@bushelandapeck: 7dpo is the worst. I find that's when all my progesterone related symptoms peak, and it is soooo hard not to go down the symptom spotting rabbit hole.

I'm leaving for a work trip this Thurs and won't be back until the following Thurs evening (ugh, unusually long trip, not looking forward). I'm going to try (I might lose resolve at the last minute) not to pack any hpt, as that way I won't be able to test until AF is due the day I get back.

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I feel you on that one! It's like it all snowballs. You're upset/cranky/moody, you don't feel like exercising or preparing healthy meals, then you feel even more sluggish because you're not taking good care of yourself, and you berate yourself for being lazy, then you just feel even worse and the cycle continues. At least that's how it can be for me! Fortunately I am on a little upswing right now. Ate like crap over the weekend but at least I did exercise and I packed healthy food for lunch and breakfast today. I feel like my mood issues are much worse between O and AF, which I don't think is unusual at all.

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Ahh good luck! That is a really long work trip, blech.

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: Yeah, it's actually two trips strung back to back, to cut down on overall travel, since both are west coast. In my current job I will always have to travel some but will have the option to do a lot less after May, which I'm looking forward to. There's definitely good things about it, but I wouldn't want to do a ton of traveling with a LO.

30. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I think I've been so stressed out from family drama that I didn't ovulate this month or not yet. I had a hard time getting a positive opk, but I finally got one on CD 17. It's now CD 19 and my temperature hasn't even elevated yet =[ I'm so freaked out, this has never happened before. I don't even know if there is any point to BD tonight, won't the egg be too old because I ovulated late. I'm all freaked out I'm having an annovulatory cycle, and it's not normal for me at all. I don't even know who I would call if this happened...my OB or my RE?

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: The one cycle where we conceived was the one where I ovulated on CD 19, rather than my usual CD 13. I think this question has come up a lot, and so many people here have said they conceived their LO late in their cycle. Don't give up hope!

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Tionn3: I conceived my daughter on CD 23 so don't worry.

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@periwinklebee: @mrskansas: Thanks guys! I just feel like my cycles have been all over the place since we started trying, but maybe it's just all in my head because I'm hyper aware now. I'm just starting to wonder if stress is starting to physically affect me.

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Tionn3: It could definitely be stress.
    I know you said that you wanted to wait to start Clomid until your birthday; is there a reason that you want to wait? Just to see if it happens naturally?

ETA: I only ask because that would move ovulation up if you're worried about that.

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: I've been trying to work lately on relieving stress, not so much because I think it will help us to conceive - though that would be a nice bonus - but just also for my own well-being. It is so easy to carry around a lot of TTC related stress.

One thing that has helped me is just spending a few minutes doing guided meditations, sending warm, positive, caring thoughts to my reproductive system. It maybe sounds hokey, but I realized through doing this that I had a lot of pent up frustration that was causing tension, and this has helped in relaxing and keeping it at bay. I've also been doing acupuncture - I'm lucky to have a group place in my neighborhood that is super affordable. I'd like to get a massage, but that hasn't happened yet...

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Stress, travel and illness have definitely affected my cycles in the past. Illness and travel have tended to delay ovulation making my cycles longer. Stress has tended to shorten my luteal phase, making my cycles shorter. When I was rehabbing my house with DH and my parents (they bought the house for cash, paid for renovations and then we bought it from them, which turned into a nightmare because my mom is very controlling) I was so stressed out that my cycles were about 3 weeks long for 6 months. Luckily this was before we were TTC, but it still sucked.

37. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@mrskansas: The RE told us that his advice was that we try on our own for another 6 months/ cycles because we are considered "unexplained infertility". He said that 20-60% of couples with an unexplained diagnosis will typically conceive with an additional 6 - 12 months of trying. My birthday just happens to be at the 6 month mark. I'm also really worried about going on Clomid...and it's also going to be expensive because they do ultrasound monitoring with Clomid administration.
    @periwinklebee: I've been trying to do that, and it has actually worked. I also journal for 15 minutes a day and I do some cognitive behavioral therapy exercises with the journaling. The stress I've been experiencing has mostly been because of my in laws...we rent a house from them and the last 2 months have just been awful. The TTC stress is like the cherry on top to something more pervasive.

38. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Ah, so you can understand the family stress with housing. I've lost multiple nights of sleep in the last two months. Most recently in the week before I was supposed to ovulate because we kept hearing something in our attic at night over our bedroom and it turned out to be RATS! EW! I got 3 hours of sleep for 3 nights in a row...I'm starting to think it straight up delayed my ovulation!

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bushelandapeck: almost time but 7dpo is early! At that point I like to think of it as "I'll know this time next week."

@Coral: sorry you have the stomach flu.

Finally CD1 yesterday and I'm actually scheduled to be in town around the middle of this cycle so we shall see. Babycenter calculator says by period I would be due NYE, which I think would be fun. Still trying to keep this whole thing more to the back of my mind though, with the whole house buying thing being a huge distraction.

40. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Agh having parents involved in your housing in any way is so stressful!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee