Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: HOLY. SHIT.

So far I have covered all these costs out of my paycheck because I make more than DH does. But I think I'm going to have to start asking him to chip in because this is crazy.

2. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: It's ridiculous how much this stuff costs. All of our money is joint and we do have really good insurance, but "fertility" (or lack thereof) is not covered well.

I was that person who used to think that infertility should not be covered under insurance because having children is not medically necessary, but that was when I got pregnant the first month with my daughter. Now I am eating my words.

3. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: WOW. That's my worry about fertility treatments for me. None of it covered whatsoever--the meds I'm not so worried about, but the procedures and diagnostics are up the wazoo. Luckily, the fertility place I'm scheduled at has their prices right on the website.

4. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: At least they are up front about their prices. Do you mind sharing what clinic you're going to? I'd love to see what all of this stuff runs if you pay out of pocket.

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: http://www.uwhealth.org/infertility/financial-information-for-fertility-treatments/20403

My appt in June for consultation is covered by insurance. Anything after that, we're on our own.

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: Wow. That's crazy. I can't believe an ultrasound alone is almost $300.

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Right? At least seeing it helps me plan if we need it. I don't mind the IUI pricing--I expected more. The IVF on the other hand....

Although I can't complain, because my friend doing IVF in CA is paying almost double.

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: I just looked at my bill from Quest for the lab tests my RE ordered a few weeks ago. They billed insurance $1,400! Our responsibility is only $40 but without coverage that would be ridiculous

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Good lord!

10. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

April isn't even here yet and I am already feeling discouraged...I am CD 14 (last cycle was 27 days) and my OPKS are so light that you can barely see the test line! I don't get it...

11. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Coral: I had a few 26 and 27 day cycles and then last month got a positive opk on like day 16? Ended up with a 30 or 31 day cycle. Don't give up hope!

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Coral: Ugh, that's annoying. Are you doing yours in the AM or PM? My OPKs were always more visible/darker late afternoon to early evening. My FMU and SMU ones were always barely there.

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@madisonbee: that's a good point. I read (maybe even on the box) that 2pm or later is the ideal time.

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: Don't be discouraged yet! It could be any day. My OPKs are always super negative and then bam, positive. Also, like the other girls said, make sure you are using afternoon or evening urine.

15. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@mrskansas: @madisonbee: @jhd: Thanks, ladies! I wouldn't be too disappointed if this month doesn't work out, but the spotting at CD 10/11 and then the totally negative OPKS is just weird. I'm taking them during the pm and my OPKS used to have a slow progression to positive so I don't know. Maybe it's just an off cycle. But it's still early.

16. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: TTC tends to throw everything off

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I think the trigger might be out by 7 DPO meaning I can test early. Not sure if that's good or bad

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I get the logic behind that but you could also say that maybe treatments for heart disease shouldn't be covered for people who just ate too much fast food in their lives. I mean it's a slippery slope. We all make our life choices and there can be medical consequences to them. If you're seeing a doctor, it should be covered, at least partially!

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Yeah the monthly CD2 or 3 ultrasounds were killing me, ours ran about the same. I told the doc and he said we didn't need to do them or mid-cycle blood work since we've now confirmed twice that I am ovulating on Clomid.

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I completely agree with you. That was just my naive and immature logic years ago

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: What do they check at CD 2/3 ultrasounds? I've never heard of that!

22. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Coral: My last cycle was 27 days and I didn't get my positive OPK until the evening of CD 15.

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I have no flippin' idea actually. I mean they basically would look at my lining... and I guess confirm my ovaries were still in there somewhere?! LOL I don't know!

24. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: HA. That seems like an odd time to do it. I would think it make more sense around CD 10 or 12 but what do I know!

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I just did some research and I guess they're just looking to confirm there are no cysts before starting Clomid. And they also count the immature follicles.

But obviously if he said we don't need to do them, they're not all that important.

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: @mrskansas: A CD 2/3 ultrasound checks for cysts on your ovaries and other problems. They don't like to give you clomid/femera if you have cysts since they will just take all of the hormones and no other follicles will grow.

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Interesting, never knew that was a thing!
    What cycle day are you on now?

28. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Ah awesome, thanks for filling us in!

@mrskansas: CD 5. So I took my Clomid last night and then told DH I wanted to turn the heat down to 50 overnight, definitely the coldest we've ever kept it! I still woke up and had to take my sweatshirt off but I wasn't sweating like I was the night before. The cool air actually felt sooooo good.

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I'm still getting some hot flashes occasionally! I think it was around 60 last night and I was laying there feeling so clammy and gross but it wasn't as bad as when I was actually taking Clomid.
    Let's hope we're both pregnant this cycle so we don't have to take it when it gets hot out.

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Holy shit I didn't even think of that. Luckily we are FINALLY getting air conditioning this spring after two summers in our house without it.

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Just thinking about no AC makes me hot. Kansas summers are brutal though.
    I'm glad you're getting it though! Once you're pregnant you'll definitely need it.

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: I've found that there are huge differences between batches of opks. The last batch I got almost always looked dark-ish and made it harder to tell a true positive. Before that, the batch was always much lighter. They're cheap tests, more than precise scientific instruments, and I think how dark the line is for a given amount of LH varies quite a lot from batch to batch. Maybe you just got a non-sensitive batch....

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Pittsburgh summers are brutal too. Last year it was 90 degrees pretty much every day from June through mid-September.

I talked to my grandpa who lives in Kansas over the weekend and he said it was 90!!

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I couldn't do it, you're a strong person!
    It was 90 here on Monday and it has cooled off since, but today is supposed to be 75 and storm season is starting. I love thunderstorms though so I'm excited! And we get a break from the heat when it's stormy.

35. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@periwinklebee: They were all purchased separately from the dollar store. I bought a clear blue easy one just to verify and still super light. I may need to buy a big batch of them instead of buying from the dollar store. It adds up!

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: I use easy @ home from amazon. I also love their cheapie pregnancy tests - they got dark for me better than FRERs and seem to show a line at really low levels of hcg.

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I don't know if it's the Clomid/HCG or just being more anxious than usual, but I am so, so exhausted. My husband told me yesterday that I had mascara under my eyes but it was just dark circles. I guess I better get used to it because if I end up pregnant it will only get worse, but geez, I don't know what to do.

38. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Maybe it's the trigger? hcg made me so exhausted...

I'm having one of those days where I am completely overwhelmed by my to-do list, and yet somehow still want so, so much to be pregnant (and the memories of how sick and exhausted I felt while pregnant are still pretty fresh!)

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: I feel like that most days too. So much to do and it's a lot easier not being pregnant, but I still want it so much.

I do think my exhaustion is a combination of the trigger & just being anxious and not sleeping well. I need to learn to relax.

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: I hope that you feel better soon and that this is all in service of a sticky LO.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee