Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: congrats!!!

2. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@birdofafeather: we had the 12 week first look / Down syndrome related blood work but because I’m under 35 didn’t get any other testing. This is the same doctor that was pushing an amino at 12 weeks for no reason so I feel like she’s just crazy pro amino!!

3. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

April 2018 Mamas:

@CarDad:
    @ineebee: April 13, #2,
    @HappyBaker: April 16, #3,
    @HeartAbandoned: April 17, #2,
    @Running Elley: April 28, #4,

I know I've missed quite a few - feel free to update the list and/or comment with your info! This is really starting to feel real!

4. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

EDD: April 7
    Baby: 3
    Sex: Surprise until we've told our kids

We also had our anatomy scan today, I felt so nervous but everything looked good, thank goodness!

We were planning to be team green but DH can read ultrasounds and said he knew, so I decided to find out because I figured it would be obvious when we were discussing names if he put less effort into one! Turns out his guess was wrong though so he would have had a big surprise in the delivery room! Oh and I have an anterior placenta, explaining the lack of movement.

@HappyBaker: Sorry you have that worry hanging over you. I'm someone who worries all the time and needs all the information I can get so I would probably go for the amnio. It's a tough call though 💜

5. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Glad to see everyone posting! Congrats on all the anatomy scans. I’m jealous. 😉

EDD: April 23
    Baby#: 2
    Sex: We have our Scan 12/1!

6. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

I ended up getting the AFP blood test I was asking about a few weeks ago, and the results showed up this morning and everything is normal One thing I found interesting and have not seen elsewhere online is that my OB told me that a normal NT scan and abnormal AFP results could be indicative of placenta problems and not neural tube defects. She suggested the test in my case b/c of my history of low fluids in a previous pregnancy which could be caused by poor placenta performance (among other things). Of course once they deliver the baby, no one bothers to diagnose the root cause of the issue so I have no idea if it was the placenta or something else. It's nice to know everything seems to be behaving in there this time!

On an unrelated note, yesterday at work I parked in a spot reserved for expectant mothers for the first time and felt kinda guilty about it Like there's a threshold for how pregnant you must be to use it?? (Obviously not). But it was the closest spot by a lot, I'd pulled a muscle or something near my hip, and I knew it was highly unlikely anyone else would need it given the gender breakdown where I work. So silly, but I was totally overthinking it.

7. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Just had my 20 week check up with my regular OB and feeling much better about the umbilical cord artery - she said in her opinion there is absolutely no reason to do an amnio / even be worried if that was the only abnormality they found on the ultrasound. She also said even in terms of growth, in her experience it's been very rare to be an issue. She offered to let me switch MFM's but also said she has a feeling this one possibly had been sued or had issues in the past with NOT offering enough testing, which is why she is super crazy pro amnio.

Also, she had trouble finding the heartbeat because baby was moving like a maniac, and I still can't feel any movement!

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HappyBaker: what a relief!

9. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

I had my anatomy scan this morning and everything looked great! We're expecting our second boy on 4/26, although he's measuring closer to 4/30 which is dead on with my dating ultrasound back at 8 weeks.

10. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@nanilani: Congrats on a great scan! They keep changing my date too - are you going with 4/30 now, then? I'm not sure how to calculate it.

11. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@ineebee: No, I'm sure my OB will keep it as 4/26 (based on LMP). If she didn't change it at the dating scan, I can't imagine she'd change it halfway through when there is greater variability expected. I just found it interesting that the two estimates taken nearly three months apart were exactly the same. It also lines up with the due date I'd have predicted based on my ovulation date. My first guy is off the charts tiny -- I'm not used to having an average sized peanut!

12. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@nanilani: I wondered why they did that, and wondered which is more accurate - the date based on LMP/O or scans. I think my OB actually changed my due date two days because that's what all the paperwork says now! Shrug. But I guess in the end it's just two days. Aaaaanyway, yay for a great scan and peek at your "average-sized peanut"! LOL.

13. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@ineebee: I think my OB's threshold for changing due dates is five days. As much as I would like all the numbers to perfectly align, mine is only 4 days off :\

14. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

guys, i'm just so bored! ha. i'm 20 weeks and don't have my anatomy scan til next week. DH wanted to be there because we're planning on this as our last so it's my last U/S unless needed later. we've also waited to announce so we're gonna make our christmas card design and then put in the sex of the baby and send them out ASAP after that. we're not even going to tell our families that we found out! i'm excited for that, but in the mean time, the crazy fire in So Cal were about a mile from our house and we're stuck inside because the air quality is awful. i'm glad we were evacuated and DH has actually been home because he's in training this week instead of at a station, but we're going a bit stir crazy!

what's everyone else up to? enjoying the start of the holidays?

15. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

Was hoping for some advice/help. I newly work for a mom&pop construction company and recently got my hours cut due to the slow winter season. Luckily I qualify for partial unemployment. However, bc of their size, they dont offer STD for maternity leave and Washington doesn't offer state paid maternity leave. We only have a family medical leave act allowing me 12 weeks unpaid. I'm at a loss as to what I can do with out returning to work sooner and away from my first baby before I'm ready. If anyone has any advice or programs I can look into please let me know

16. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

Also sorry for being so absent! This is my first pregnancy so i've been very tired and absent minded, I keep remembering I need to get on here and participate and then forget about it 20 seconds later XD Hope everyone is doing well. We are doing great, 23 weeks and going strong

17. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

We had our anatomy scan last week. Everything looked perfect, and it’s a boy. My husband is over the moon!

This pregnancy has been so different from my last with DD. I haven’t been as hungry, but it’s starting to ramp up now. I keep waking up between 12:00-1:00am and I have to get up and eat. It’s so annoying. 😂

I’ve also picked up this runny nose and cough from my daughter which is so fun with my questionable bladder control while coughing. Ha!

How are you guys?

18. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

Long time no talk, Ladies!

We hit 21 weeks here this week and it feels crazy that we’re now on the downhill slide! I really need to get my butt in to gear and start working on the stuff I need to get done before this baby arrives...

We had our anatomy scan two weeks ago and everything looked good! Baby was in the 59th percentile and lying transverse, I’m trying not grow another almost ten pound baby (thanks, GD) so fingers crossed my low(er) sugar diet and regular walking will help keep baby’s size in check! My weight gain has so far been minimal (2-3 pounds) so I’m taking that as a good sign (I was already 10-15 pounds overweight) but I guess the proof will be in the pudding when I go for my GTT right after Christmas.

I’m constantly feeling movement and even my husband has felt it but my bump is on the small side which is probably a result of baby’s position.

Hope everybody else is doing well!

19. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@MamaB: OMG, I totally hear you on the questionable bladder control while sneezing and coughing! I'm on my second cold in three weeks thanks to my 2yo

20. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

we found out last week that we're expecting baby girl #3! if you want, i can PM you our christmas card where we announced.

21. CarDad

coffee bean / 45 posts

@HeartAbandoned: To update your list, EDD: April 2nd and this is baby #2 for us. The doctor told my wife she was measuring a week ahead though and DS came a couple days early last go around, so who knows, we may end up with a March girl.

22. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Hello everyone! How did the holidays go? How is everyone feeling? I know some of you had major stuff happen since the last time we all touched base (@HappyBaker ), so let’s all do an update.

Things are going pretty well here. I’m constantly surprised at how much harder everything is this go round. I’ve had some bad round ligament pain over the last couple weeks, and sleep is complete crap which is frustrating.

I can’t believe there are only 3 months left. Where is the time going?! 😱

23. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MamaB: Thanks for checking in! It's been a long time! Sorry to hear everything is harder this time around! I'm in the same boat.

Baby Girl seems to be doing fine, but my sleep is also crap, my back hurts and this cold snap (in the Northeast) is NOT easy for this SAHM of a toddler. We need to get out of the house! Thankfully this upcoming week (30s! 40s!) will seem almost tropical compared to the past two.

Mentally, we're beginning to transition to the more logistical aspects of preparing for Baby Girl's arrival: getting LO1 ready to move to a bed/new room, getting gear ready, figuring out coverage for when I go into labor, etc. Excited and extremely nervous! =\ =\ =\

24. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@MamaB: Agreed about things being harder, I feel SO MUCH more pregnant than I am haha. Sleep is rough!

I am still in shock that we don't have a baby yet after our crazy rollercoaster of a scare, so just really grateful to be pregnant and have no issues! Everything else ended up being totally fine so I am just living my normal life like it never even happened. We did find out it's a boy! We had a billion ultrasounds while we were in the hospital and everything was so scary that I felt like I just needed to know. I can't believe how little time is left / we have done nothing to prepare besides buy a new carseat (which we aren't even sure will fit 3 across in DH's SUV).

25. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

How is everyone doing these days? I'm 28 weeks and just had my monthly ultrasound due to the single umbilical cord artery issue we have and found out my fluid IS low after all. I feel like this little guy is just loving keeping us on our toes, it feels like every time I go in they find something new and unrelated to previous issues! So now instead of being monitored monthly they want to have me come in every 2 weeks for an ultrasound and if it's any lower next time we'll discuss "next steps". Which I didn't even ask what they are because I'm just not ready to deal yet!

26. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@HappyBaker: Oh my gosh. What a mess! I just read through the other thread! I’d probably try to get weekly checks since fluid levels can change so quickly. A rollercoaster for sure!

Things are going pretty well here. I have my gD screen on Friday. I’m slightly nervous because DD was 9 lbs 8.5 oz and had some respiratory issues after birth, so I’m wondering if I had undiagnosed GD last time.

I’m really hoping to give birth in a birth center, so I really hope I don’t have GD or if I do that it’s easily controlled with diet and exercise so I don’t risk out.

27. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

I continue to count my lucky stars that things continue to go well with the pregnancy and that I still have energy to do things.

Last week there was a bit of a scare that I was measuring small and had to do an extra ultrasound. Fortunately, baby was just fine. I think it's because one of the OB docs I saw moved up my due date a few months ago, which after reviewing the guidelines, actually wasn't guidelines-based. I'm going to talk about it at my next visit.

28. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

how's everyone doing? DH and i went on a couple day babymoon last week and then DD1 and i flew an hour north to hang out with my college BFF/roomie and celebrate HER baby shower too. it was so fun, but man, am i wiped from all the flying and walking in the last week. I'm almost 30 weeks and shocked that it's close (but still so far away!)

i have to do my glucose testing tomorrow (because i forgot to schedule it before my trips!) and not looking forward to that! i have days off and on where i feel good and then feel awful, so trying to maximize the days where i feel good and get things done.

we still haven't made a real plan for having the girls share rooms and i have no idea how it's gonna go! anyone else have to change up their older kiddos sleeping situations to accommodate for the newest babe?

29. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@birdofafeather: so jealous of your babymoon! my parents took our older two kids this weekend but we were non stop with house projects and didn't get to relax at all! We've decided to keep them in their own current rooms (DD is 5 and DS is 3) and turn our guest room/office into the nursery. But that all hinges on finishing our basement into the new guest room / office which they literally just started today! I'm not holding my breath that the baby's nursery will be ready for him when he gets here, but I'm okay with that since I know he'll be in our room for a little while anyway.

Pregnancy wise I'm still hanging in. Getting checked weekly now for fluid levels and BP, even though the fluid level has been pretty constant and not getting lower every week. My MFM just feels "nervous" about me and expects me to suddenly have a big drop / get put on bed rest, which is not exactly great to hear but for now I'm just trying to get done as much as possible! I'll probably end up overdue after all this ridiculousness

30. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@birdofafeather: Babymoon and time with friends!! So glad you got a chance to do that!!

We are totally procrastinating about moving DS into the guest room with a regular bed. Other than maybe 30 minutes of moving things around in there, it's ready! But WE definitely are not, haha. He'll be 3 next month, but he still does GREAT in his crib. He also naps 30% of the time (and is perfectly happy playing in there for two hours if he doesn't), and we know that if we move him into the bed that his naps will be gone.

31. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Hello! I passed my glucose screen a couple of weeks ago. 🙌

I’m uncomfortable most of the time. I’ve been having some back issues. I’m seeing the chiropractor 1-2 times/week, and I got a pregnancy support belt which has helped a lot. I am finally sleeping better thanks to Benadryl- ha!

We set up a big girl (twin sized) bed in the nursery this weekend. I thought we’d jusr get used to seeing it in there, but she wanted to sleep in it immediately. 🙄 So, no napping all weekend, but 12+ hours of sleep at night in the big girl bed. Ha. Today, I put her in the crib for nap and she passed out immediately. So, maybe we’ll do naps in the crib and night in the big bed for now.

We’ve been trying to do some projects like rework our laundry closet and storage. We live in a smaller house, so it feels super necessary to try and maximize storage space right now.

No babymoon here. I can’t believe there’s only 10 weeks left.

32. summerfruit

olive / 71 posts

Love the updates! I'm looking more pregnant now, but people are still nice and say that I don't look it! I continue to stay active with run/walks, but recently I started stopping partway to use the restroom at Starbucks. The bladder isn't as hardy as it used to be! I'm glad I still have lots of energy though.

Also now working on the baby registry, so excited for the completion discount! Also picked out my breast pump and happy that insurance is picking up the tab. The time is going to fly. We're almost to the end!

33. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

Heeey Ladies! I feel like it’s been ages since I posted here and it’s hard to believe that I only have nine weeks to go!

I was diagnosed with GD again right after Christmas at 24/25 weeks so I’m back treating myself like a pin cushion. My fasting numbers are bordering on the acceptable limits so I’m crossing my fingers that I can continue to be diet controlled. I go for my first growth scan next week so it will be interesting to see just how big this baby is tracking at this point. I’ve only gained 2-3kg so far so I’m hoping that I’ve kept ahead of the GD

In other news, we’re otherwise just ticking along, Baby is wriggling around all over the show and can’t decide whether it wants to be up or down. I’m pretty tired but not a lot more than usual and am feeling pretty good overall. Just under six weeks of work left to go and then we’re really at the pointy end!

34. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

And here’s my thirty week bump (taken a week ago!)

35. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

ladies! we're almost to april! how's everyone feeling? i was just chugging along until last week when my tailbone started hurting when i sit too long and my BH are outta control. i never had this with my first two pregnancies so i'm thrown off for sure. i'm almost 35 weeks and just wondering if i'll get some relief before delivery or i'll have this until the end. since this is our last (planned) pregnancy, i am trying to get back on the nostalgia train, but it's hard when it hurts when i sit or hurts when i stand too.

36. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@birdofafeather: I can’t believe we’re so close! I’ve totally slacked on keeping up with this board but I’ll give a quick update:

I’m 38 weeks tomorrow but I went to 41+4 with my first and got induced so I’m not holding my breath. Sooo much pelvic pain. Sleeping is so difficult and it feels like this kid is grinding on my spine and simultaneously smashing my bladder into a pancake! I was doing great until 35 weeks and that’s when I just hit a wall. So over being this pregnant! But we’re getting really excited and my DD is really excited about having a baby sister. All the clothes are washed and we pretty much just need to go grocery shopping and pack a bag. So crazy we’re tgis close!!

37. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@turquoisemama: 38 weeks so exciting!

@birdofafeather: @turquoisemama: I totally feel you on being over this pregnancy! I'm 36 weeks, will be 37 on Monday and feel the same. I'm also having sooo many braxton hicks every night, and sometimes they are actually painful so I feel like I'm already on high alert. True to my predictions even though I was getting checked weekly for BP and low fluid they've now basically said they'll let me go until 39/40 weeks before inducing because I've had no issues since then. DS was 1 week early and DD was a few days early so fingers crossed this baby is not going to hang around that long!

38. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@HappyBaker: Yes the Braxton Hicks are ridiculous! So many! And I got induced last time so I have no idea what it’s like to go into labor on my own. So every night I’m like “is this it??”

39. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@HappyBaker: Yes the Braxton Hicks are ridiculous! So many! And I got induced last time so I have no idea what it’s like to go into labor on my own. So every night I’m like “is this it??”

40. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Are all of these babies really going to make us wait until April?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee