Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@HappyBaker: DH was just saying what I felt exactly: "I can't believe you've been pregnant for SO. LONG!" I feel like my skin just can't and shouldn't stretch anymore. Like with some of the baby's movements, I'm afraid it's just going to tear, LOL. Two more weeks until the due date over here, but with dilation already happening and this baby being super low, I have a feeling it's gonna be much sooner!

How's everyone holding up??

2. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@HappyBaker: I hope not! I’m 39 weeks today and getting a membrane sweep on Tuesday. I was 1cm and 80% effaced at my last appointment so that’s pretty good!

3. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

4. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@turquoisemama: good luck with the membrane sweep! Hope things happen for you soon!

I’m only 37+4 but today I have just felt so awful and over being pregnant! At my appointment today my OB said they’d schedule an induction for 39 weeks but only if I was dilated, and as of today I’m completely closed. I go back Tuesday for my 38 week appointment just because their scheduling got weird, so fingers crossed somethings happening by then!

@ineebee: I also feel like I’m going to POP!

5. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

i'm 36 weeks so i'm totally good with going at least 3 more weeks because i've been putting off so many things until DH builds bunk beds and we get our two big girls together. he's been working a ton now so he doesn't have to work OT after the baby is born for a while. so basically we're both tired and hanging in there!

i've just been trying to get in the right mind space to prep for labor and delivery because before now, i think i've just been in denial that i have to do this again! 😂

6. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

How's everyone hanging in there? 40 weeks tomorrow and losing my mind. Started crocheting a blanket last week to keep me busy when there's nothing else to do and if this kid doesn't pop soon i'll have a whole bed set made XD
    Talk to doc tomorrow about inducing and all that other fun stuff. Was hoping the full moon last night would kick start labor. Guess not!

7. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@CoolCate: 39+4 and I feel like I got his by a bus. Everything hurts, I’m so short of breath and so exhausted from not being able to sleep. Getting a sweep tomorrow so I’m really hoping that works.

Good luck with the possible induction! Have you been induced before? Or is this your first?

8. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Ugh we came so close last night and then got sent home I started having regular but short contractions around 9pm, decided to go to L&D since with my other 2 labors my water broke first so I'm not used to having "non productive" contractions. At L&D they got worse and my blood pressure was insanely high, but after a night being there and on the monitor contractions slowed, my cervix hadn't changed at all, and after lying in the bed all night my BP was better so they sent me home.

The nurse kept saying since we were already there and my BP was so bad they'd probably just induce last night but since my cervix was totally closed they decided not to. I have an appointment tomorrow morning so here's hoping my cervix has DONE SOMETHING by then and they can schedule an induction for next week!

9. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

Just got home from the doc. We are inducing tomorrow! Poor fiance is in a trance and doing his best to realize tomorrow baby will be here XD we are very excited!

10. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@CoolCate: yay! Congrats! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

@HappyBaker: Bummer! That’s scary with high blood pressure! I’d be so disappointed after all of that to get sent home!

11. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@CoolCate: how’d everything go?

Anyone else have updates? We had a heat wave a couple days ago that I thought would push me into labor but I was just dehydrated and now back to the usual
    Humdrum of life and waiting.

12. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I got induced Tuesday! We just home this afternoon. I was 4 cm when I got there, started pitocin at 8:30am, at 11:30 still was 4cm so they broke my water (and gave me an epidural) - he was born less than 2 hours later! I kept feeling more pain so I asked for more epi and instead the nurse was like Um nope we are pushing! It was a little scary fast at the end. Baby was 8lbs 8oz and 21.5 inches long, can’t imagine what he’d be if we waited another week! Also induction was great because we dropped our big kids off at daycare on the way.

Hang in there everyone!

13. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

I haven’t posted in awhile but my waters broke this morning and I’m now in limbo waiting for labour to start and crossing my fingers that I can avoid induction. I’m 39+3 today and had a pre-existing OB appt who confirmed my membranes had ruptured but after monitoring Baby for thirty minutes decided she wanted to induce despite the charge midwife (a dude!) being happy. Fortunately my midwife is very supportive of my aim for a “natural” birth so we’re going to do another thirty minutes of monitoring this afternoon then hopefully labour will start before morning.

14. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HappyBaker: congrats mama!!
    @Kemma: fingers crossed you can get the show on the road without meds. are they letting you walk around?

15. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@birdofafeather: they “let” me go home again to get my stuff together and have lunch and then I spoke to my midwife who was happy for me to delay providing my CTG goes well this afternoon.

16. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Kemma: Yay! Can’t wait to hear what happens!
    @HappyBaker: Congrats!!

So I’m 41+1 and I took castor oil earlier today. Not too bad as far as unpleasant side effects but I’ve been having regular contractions for a couple of hours. They are about 55seconds-1:10min long and about 4-5 min apart. They aren’t painful yet so we’re just waiting for now.

17. CarDad

coffee bean / 45 posts

A little late announcing but baby girl arrived on her due date 4/2. My wife woke up with some aches and we started timing them around 8am. We timed them for an hour and they were 6 minutes apart. The doctor had told her to head to the hospital when they were 8 minutes apart since our son came pretty quickly. So I insisted that we get ready and head to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 9:50am and when they checked her she was 8cm. We got in the room at 10:03am and baby girl arrived 27 minutes later. I’m so happy we decided to go when we did because neither of us had any idea how close we came to a car birth!!! We couldn’t be happier and have been enjoying life as a family of 4.

18. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@CarDad: congrats! Good thing you guys went in!!

19. CoolCate

olive / 69 posts

@birdofafeather @HAPPYBAKER
    2 hours later?! that sounds amazing! Same story, went in at 4cm, pitocin at 8:30, and at noon they broke my water. Unfortunately baby was stubborn and wouldn't turn and was really wedged up on my left side and he didn't make his appearance until 1:43 am Was a long 17 hr labor even with an epidural. Had to spend it in bed (before epidural) because he had to be monitored and the monitor couldn't find his heartbeat unless I was laying down. Really sucked. Also he was pinching something awful and even through the drugs I had terrible pain on my left side. 3rd degree tear too But Everything is awesome now, healing fast and sleeping when i can XD

20. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Kemma: hope you’re doing great!
    @CarDad: congrats! A car baby was totally my fear!
    @CoolCate: ugh sorry yours was so long! Congrats he is perfect!

We are home with all 3 kids this weekend and it’s definitly been crazy but the baby had been awesome, I think my other 2 are just insane ha.

21. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@CarDad: Wow that’s fast! Congrats!

@CoolCate: Adorable!! So sorry you had a tough time! Tearing is the worst. Glad you’re healing okay.

So my castor oil contractions turned into the real thing and my water broke about 5 hours after the contractions started. They were painless until my water broke and we frantically rushed to the hospital because my first labor was only 3 hours. Luckily we got there with plenty of time and my first check was only 5 cm. I got to get in the tub for a bit and also the shower. Things progressed pretty fast though because she was born about 3 hours after getting checked in. I had an amazing birth experience with an awesome midwife and no meds. It pretty much went just how I wanted. Trying to sleep when I can!

22. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

Hey Ladies!

Well after a boring day of no action that included another CTG my midwife was happy for me to go about my day but come in for induction at 0700 on Saturday morning however my wee babe had other plans...

I started having close contractions at midnight and after a restless hour in bed I got up and jumped in the shower then spent another hour lying on the floor wrapped in my towel and in the foetal position! Things started ramping up so I called my midwife and she said we could head up to the hospital. We almost had a crisis because I couldn’t get hold of the friend who was going to watch our kids - not ideal at 0330 in the morning while in very active labour! But at the last minute the call connected and she was heading our way (so DH got the kids back out of the car and put them back into bed!)

We arrived up at the hospital at just after four and when my midwife checked me I was fully dilated with just a lip of cervix in the way. I started pushing at just after 0430 and I was half on my back, half on my side because I didn’t have the energy to move! My midwife was really good at guiding my pushing and used hot flannels on my perennium to minimise the tearing (I’ve had a previous episiotomy and severe tear) and at 0511 our wee girl arrived earthside!!

Miss Eloise Edith weighed a relatively tiny 7lb15oz (her big sister and brother were 8lb9oz and 9lb12oz, respectively) and apart from needing two doses of glucose gel due to low blood sugars (I had diet controlled GD) she’s absolutely perfect!

23. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@turquoisemama: congrats!
    @Kemma: oh man, having no childcare in the MOTN would be so stressful! Glad it all worked out! Crazy the size difference in your kiddos!

24. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Congratulations mamas! So lovely to see our April babies arriving!

Our little girl was born by planned c-section at 39+4 weighing a massive 10lb 5.5oz! She's an absolute dream and two weeks old today 💕💕💕💕

Having three kids is chaotic but the absolute best!

25. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@travelgirl1: oh my! That’s a big baby! You’re a rock star! Congrats!

26. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

sorry for the delay! we welcomed our third baby girl 2 weeks ago! and since it was a crazy birth story, i wrote up a whole post: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/true-life-i-gave-birth-in-the-hallway-at-the-hospital

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee