Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 Moms!

1. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@ineebee: If I stay on top of taking my B6/Unisom and snack constantly, then the nausea is manageable until after DD goes to bed. For some reason, it's always bad from 8-9pm. But, I'll be 10 weeks on Monday and I keep telling myself that I can survive feeling like this for 2-3 more weeks.

2. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@MamaB: Are there certain snacks that are working well for you? Or is it just give-me-all-the-snacks? For a while, fruit was my go-to, but now I just don't have an appetite for anything, which sucks when I really need to get something in my belly to ward off the nausea!

3. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@MamaB: This is really similar for me (still haven't gotten that Diclegis I asked for...). I missed my midday dose of B6 a few days ago and was just laid low all evening, so I guess it is doing something for me after all. Of course today I found a baggie of cracker crumbs in my purse instead of my baggie of B6 tablets, meaning I absentmindedly threw away the wrong thing last night I'm really hoping it doesn't come back to bite me in a few hours before I get home and can take another!!

4. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

We had our 12 week scan today and baby looked gorgeous, rolling around and waving 😊. They moved my due date up to April 7.

Congratulations to everyone who has had a recent ultrasound! Sorry I've been MIA, I've been really struggling with the sickness but am down to just throwing up a few times a day now and nausea so the light is at the end of the tunnel!

5. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@travelgirl1: You poor thing. Fingers crossed that it continues to get better for you. And YAY for a great ultrasound! And the baby was waving! How adorable!!

6. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Had a scare this morning - we haven't had sex since I've been pregnant and finally did and it was like a blood bath with cramps! It was awful. I hadn't been doing it because it makes me nervous so to have our one time end like that was sort of like holy crap we are never doing this again! I called the on call doctor and she said as long as it stopped in an hour or two it's normal but man it was scary!

7. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@HappyBaker: oh my goodness that sounds terrifying! Glad it sounds like everything is okay though!

@ineebee: Thank you! It has been pretty awful but definitely getting better now.

8. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@ineebee: Congrats on your sweet baby ! We won't find out until our anatomy scan, but I'm so curious to know! LO1 is a boy, too. As for the nausea, the Diclegis has been a lifesaver. I tend to lean toward salty snacks if I need something on my stomach. Pretzels or peanut butter crackers have been great. I also find that chewing a piece of gum helps settle my stomach, too.

I'm still just feeling all kinds of anxious. I go for my 13-week NT scan two weeks from tomorrow. That will be 6 weeks between appointments and that's just TOO. DANG. LONG! I'm trying to avoid calling and just asking for an ultrasound because I'm crazy, but I haven't ruled out the possibility. I wish there was a drive-through ultrasound option!

@nanilani: Have you gotten your Diclegis yet?? I had to call my doctor's office back and ask them to preauthorize with insurance. She was able to fill out a form online and it was approved within 10 minutes. Then the pharmacy had to order it, so it took another day to get it in, but that was finally what made it happen. Good luck!

@travelgirl1: Glad your symptoms are finally letting up! Not too much longer until you're second tri!

@HappyBaker: That is SO scary. My spotting scare early on was related to intercourse, too, but I haven't had any issues since. How are you feeling today?

9. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Nope! I think I've given up on it. My MS seemed to peak around the time I requested it. I'm not back to 100%, but I haven't thrown up since the day I asked for the prescription and don't find myself needing to snack quite as much. It's gone from all day sickness to mostly evenings. I wouldn't have asked my OB for Diclegis in the first place if I'd felt then like I do now. I think I'm just going to try to ride the rest of this out rather than pay through the nose for a prescription I really needed two weeks ago.

Isn't American health care wonderful?? And I have "good" insurance

10. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@nanilani: So frustrating that you weren't able to get it when you needed it, but I'm thankful you're feeling better!

11. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

DH thinks I'm crazy, but I really want to try to get in to see my doctor or NP on Friday if I can. I'm at the point where all of my clothes make me look pregnant (11 weeks today, I'm short, and heavier than I would have liked pre-TTC...). I feel like I'm running out of options of clothes to wear that won't make people ask me when I'm due, and I'd really just like some sort of confirmation that things are progressing the way they should before I start fielding that question. Doppler, quick ultrasound, anything. My NT scan is scheduled for 2 weeks from today...What would you do???

12. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I'm feeling much better now thanks!

I would totally call - that was the exact timing / situation I was in last week. We wanted to tell our kids since it was getting hard to hide physically but not without some reassurance! They seemed totally okay with it and even said they'd make it a "quick look" and not charge me for a full in depth ultrasound. She just checked size and heartbeat.

13. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@travelgirl1: Aw congratulations on a great ultrasound!! I can't wait for the 12 week one!!!

@ineebee: And congrats on your baby girl!! We won't find out until the anatomy scan and the curiosity is already killing me. We were team green for our last baby and I honestly don't know how I did it at the moment lol.

@HeartAbandoned: I am also on team drive thru ultrasound. Basically every day I talk myself down from calling my doctor for a peace of mind one. I think that if I was in your position I'd totally call (my husband would also think it was ridiculous). Peace of mind is worth it! The only reason I haven't caved yet is because basically everyone in our life already knows so even if something is wrong it's already going to be horrible.

14. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@HappyBaker: Have you had any luck with your doppler yet??

I have a doppler that I've used for all 3 previous pregnancies. With my first I got it at 13 weeks and was able to find the HB right away. With my second I was loaning it to a friend when I found out I was pregnant, got it back at 10 weeks and found the HB. And with my third I have no idea how early I found it. I feel like I have quite a bit of experience after using it for 3 pregnancies so far and I haven't been able to find this baby's heartbeat yet. I'm just over 9 weeks. It makes me anxious but I keep telling myself it's still early???!

For those wondering on the last page, I have the Sonoline B and have loved it! I've used it a ton and I've loaned it to multiple friends who have used it a ton. It was a totally worthwhile purchase for me!

15. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

I have to go in for an early glucose test tomorrow and am starting to freak myself out over it My OB said I don't have to fast (yay!), but I'm still worried I'm going to eat something beforehand that will throw off the results. I'm still dealing with MS so I basically HAVE to eat all the time, and frankly the foods I can usually stomach tend to be carby and not particularly healthy. My PCOS is pretty asymptomatic and in my last pregnancy I passed the test with flying colors, so I don't quite know why I'm so worried. Maybe the thought of keeping up a GD diet for 7 months is more daunting than 2 months? I don't know. Has anyone ever eaten poorly before a glucose test and still passed? Or is there anyone out there who had to test early also?

16. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@nanilani: Sorry, no relevant experience to share, but just wanna commiserate. That sucks to have to take an early test and sucks that you can only stomach that may throw off the results. Fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a slightly better day for the MS!

17. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I had an appointment with the midwife today! I was due for a Pap smear (womp womp). But, I loved the midwife and I'm starting to feel more and more comfortable with the birth center. She told me it might be early (10+4) to get a FHR with the doppler, so not to freak out. She tried and tried and then decided to get their low tech, bedside ultrasound which was a treat because I didn't think they had one in house! So, we got to see the baby and the beautiful flicker of that heartbeat. 💓💓💓

18. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

Found baby's heartbeat with my home doppler for the first time today!! 10+2!

@MamaB: Yay for getting to see baby!! I've had ultrasounds around 10 weeks with my other kids and it's always one of my favorites because they look like little gummy bears

19. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@nanilani: How did the glucose test go?

@MamaB: YAYYY heartbeat!

@Running Elley: And YAYYYY heartbeat!!

I have my NT scan this Thursday, and DH won't be able to be there this time to occupy our very inquisitive and active 2.5yo DS, so I'm a little nervous about how that'll go! Also when I got my NT scan for DS, it showed a "borderline" result and I had to have all these extra follow-up tests and really scary conversations with the genetic counselor - turns out everything is totally fine! I was really annoyed. So I dunno. I thought about canceling this one, but then again it's another chance to see little baby girl. Anyone foregoing the NT scan?

20. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@ineebee: I passed! I was scarfing down snacks as soon as I left the lab though. Going an hour without eating in the morning definitely made my nausea kick in.

I'm glad your son's NT scan result was a false alarm. I can see why your scan this week would feel a little scary. I hope it is all good news for you this time! Mine is scheduled two weeks from tomorrow. Never thought about skipping mine although it is technically optional. I appreciate the extra ultrasound, and as far as I know my OB's office doesn't offer NIPT in lieu of it.

21. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@nanilani: So glad you passed your test! Will you have to retest later on?

So glad to hear of all the healthy & happy updates!

I go for my NT scan a week from today! I can't wait. We considered skipping the NT last time and this time, but the lure of an ultrasound is too much for us to want to miss. Thankfully results last time were "normal," and we're praying for the same thing this time around. I'm really starting to sport a bump (especially by the end of the day) and I'll be relieved after a good appointment next week to feel less pressure to hide it! Anyone else rocking a bump yet? Would there be any interested in a bump thread for our month?

22. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Yep, I'll still have to take the usual 3rd tri glucose test. This early one was b/c I've previously been diagnosed with PCOS which can have some implications on insulin resistance.

I also have a bump of sorts already, although I know it's all food and no baby Between my at times insatiable appetite and eating to control nausea, I have not been making healthy choices! My regular jeans are definitely getting tight, but I'm hoping to hold off on maternity pants until my 2nd tri if possible (says the one who already wore some on super bloated days a few weeks back). We haven't announced yet (I'd like to hear the heartbeat once more at my appt next week, DH would prefer to wait until after the NT scan), and I'd prefer my clothes not do so for me.

23. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

We're skipping the NT scan like we did with our first two. I did plan to ask about the blood tests though because I'll be 34 when I deliver but I'm assuming because the doc didn't offer it up last time it's not an option. We have a regular US next week though which will be the first. I'll be almost 12 weeks. DH and I did hear the HB on a fetal Doppler at home though so that was awesome.

24. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I have a ridiculous bump for 13 weeks. So much so that I can't fit in the bridesmaids dress I'm supposed to wear for my sister's wedding in 3 weeks. Spent the day trying to find s backup dress as as all the dress makers think there is no hope to let the dress out enough.

25. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

So exciting that all of us are getting ready to come out of the first tri!!

We're going to have the NT scan done but only because I love ultrasounds and can't pass it up.

I'm up for a bump thread! I definitely have a bump at almost 11 weeks!

@travelgirl1: This happened to me with my last pregnancy- oops! They ended up altering the back of the dress so that it laced and had a panel. It was a huge ordeal!

26. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Loving all these great updates! I've been MIA because I went on one last girls trip this past weekend!

I'm 12 weeks, 1 day and I finally found the heartbeat with my home Doppler! It was 165ish which seems about right and super reassuring to hear. I have my first OB appointment Thursday and our NT scan is Tuesday, mostly doing it for the extra ultrasound and I'd want to be prepared if the baby did have Down syndrome just in terms of knowing what to expect!

27. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

NT scan went great! Baby Girl was moving around so much, and she was even pawing at the ultrasound probe - so adorable. All measurements looked good, thank goodness. They changed my due date to April 13, so I am officially in my 2nd tri TOMORROW! Unbelievable. It goes by so quickly...yet so slowly??

28. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

I FINALLY heard back on my Diclegis prescription (three weeks after I asked for it) . . . and insurance denied it. Whomp whomp I asked why and (after being transferred several times) was told that I needed to try the single ingredient formulations first. That's exactly what I've been doing for the past month!!! I don't know who dropped the ball exactly, whether my OB didn't mention that I started on B6/Unisom first or if the insurance company didn't ask for the specific information they needed to approve the request. Either way I'm very frustrated, especially with how long it took for them to make a decision. They gave me a fax number for my doctor to send an appeal, but if it takes another 3 weeks for them to change their minds I'm not sure if it'd even be worth it. I'd basically be in my 2nd tri by that point, and while I still have varying degrees of nausea every day I haven't vomited in a while.

End rant, I guess. I've just been so frustrated and irritated by this whole process and don't have anyone else to vent to. My husband's heard it all from me a million times by this point.

29. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

Check it out, there's a real life baby growing in me! We went for our NT scan today (first one out of three pregnancies!) and it was pretty damn cool! Baby is measuring big for dates (!) but had a heartbeat of 155 and was frantically trying to suck its thumb. I couldn't believe how much baby was wriggling around! I was feeling quite nervous before the scan so it was nice to see that everything is progressing as it should 😊

30. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@Kemma: Hooray for a successful scan! You got some great pics too! Congrats

31. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Kemma: so great! I have my first US today and I'm almost 12 weeks!

32. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@nanilani: What a huge pain! I think if I were you and the nausea were managable, I'd just wait it out at this point. But so frustrating to not get the care you've asked for! Is there an office manager you can talk with at your OB's office to maybe save future mamas some of this headache?

@Kemma: Beautiful pictures! Congrats on a great scan! Did they change your due date based on size?

I go tomorrow morning at 7:40, and it can't come soon enough. I'll be 13 weeks exactly. I'm still just so nervous that I'll get bad news - I have no reason to feel that way, other than I'm a little bit crazy. DH and I are going to see if we can sweet talk the u/s tech into looking & guessing on gender! I have a couple of friends who found out this early via u/s.

@birdofafeather: Check back in after your appointment!

33. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

First look at the bebe and it looks good. Growing on time and strong heartbeat! For some reason, it was more exciting this third time around, probably because we had to wait so long to see him/her.

Won't find out the sex until the anatomy scan in 2 months. DH is saying he wants to go earlier to a third party place but I'm ambivalent at the moment!

34. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Had my NT scan this morning and it went pretty well. Baby was semi uncooperative / kept moving all over the place. The measurements were within normal but definitely on the higher end of normal, but we'll see what the blood work comes back with. I thought it was weird though the maternal fetal Dr said now they recommend ANYONE get an amnio to find out what issues might be going on, even with no indicators that there is a problem. That definitely is the opposite of how things were in my past 2 pregnancies. We declined for now because that just seems super extreme at this point!

She also wants me to take baby aspirin daily because I had crazy blood pressure issues in my last pregnancy, and is having me do my anatomy scan at the hospital instead of with my OB to "keep an eye on me". She also added one extra blood test but didn't tell me what it was for? I felt like she was giving me info but also not giving me info which was sort of weird. Like saying, this looks great but then also adding extra stuff. Hopefully all is well though! It was reassuring to see a baby with all the right parts and a beating heart!

35. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I don't know about an office manager, but I'm going to bring it up at my appointment later this week. I won't be seeing the doctor who wrote the prescription though since it's a group practice, so I don't know what good it may do. I'm not bothering with the hassle of appealing the insurance decision at this point. I just ordered a new jar of B6 instead.

How did your appointment go?

@birdofafeather: Great news! Glad your baby is doing well.

36. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@birdofafeather: Congrats on a great scan!

@HappyBaker: Sorry you seemed to have left your appointment with more questions than answers! How long will you have to wait for blood test results? It definitely seems strange to recommend an amnio for anyone - I have been under the impression that doctors don't like to order them due to the risks! How long will you have to wait for your anatomy scan? Thankful for a baby with all the right parts and a beating heart! Hopefully you'll get first tri screen results sooner rather than later.

@nanilani: Our NT scan went great! Baby was sleepy, but by the end was wiggling around a little bit. Heartbeat was good & strong, and measurements were all normal. I'll get full results (including bloodwork) on Thursday. I saw a different doctor in my practice other than who prescribed my Diclegis, but her first question for me was whether or not I'd gotten insurance coverage for it. Hopefully the doctor will check in with you and can help you straighten all that out, even if you don't try to get it filled. Good luck!

Who else has appointments soon?

37. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: So glad your scan went well!! I'm not sure how long the NT scan bloodwork will take to come back, I'd think within the week but no idea. My anatomy scan is scheduled for 18 weeks so November 14th. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was surprised at the amnio discussion, it seems so weird to recommend but I wonder if its just because this is a MFM doctor who sees more high risk people usually?

38. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: Maybe it is because it was an MFM. Why are you seeing MFM instead of regular OB? Have you discussed that already?

My anatomy scan is at 18 weeks on 11/14 also! I'm going back on 10/31, too, just because they offered another appointment if I wanted it. The more times to hear the heartbeat, the better! And after waiting 6 weeks on this appointment, I feel like the next 5 before the anatomy scan will fly by!

39. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@HeartAbandoned: We are seriously pregnancy twins as I also have a 10/31 haha So my OB sends people to the hospital MFM department for NT scans - not sure why but that is usually the only time you are sent over there!

40. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@HappyBaker: OK, that makes sense to me! My practice just has one tech that can do the NT; it seems like it's a pretty specialized scan! Do I remember correctly that your due date is 4/17? (That's mine!) It's fun to have a twin!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee