Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@abmamma: ️congrats on your boy! Thinking of you and I hope everything will be ok!
    @Mrs. J: ️congrats!!!!!

2. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

Had my anatomy ultrasound today ... It's a !! I'm sooooo happy!

It was just an ultrasound ... I won't be meeting with the OB until Monday, so I'll have to wait to not be worried about anything, but still. !

She wasn't really cooperating for a profile shot, so this is the best picture we have of her:

3. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mizhi: Yay congrats on the !

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mizhi: congrats!! Ours was just an ultrasound too. My next appt is next month, but if there are concerns, they'd call me this week.

5. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

gosh I hate when we get to the next page before I can reply to everyone's congrats - so a big group THANK YOU!

@Mrs. J: congrats lady!!! A little baby boy such a good looking little babe

@abmamma: you too! Congrats on the boy!!

@Mizhi: yay!!! More girls love the shot!

6. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

Congratulations on all the ultrasounds recently!

We had our anatomy ultrasound yesterday too. Everything that they were able to see looked good. I was amazed at how many details they can tell from an ultrasound. She was turned around facing backward, and we couldn't get her to flip, so the tech wasn't able to get any good shots of her face or her heart. We'll probably have to schedule another scan soon to make sure they're able to see those. They were going to check with insurance and let me know.

This morning when I woke up, the area around my fibroid is feeling a bit sore. I'm not sure if that's from the fibroid growing or because I had a chiropractor's appointment last night. My back is finally getting better, and the fibroid is just a dull ache right now, so I will take that over the alternative.

@torchwood I hope you're able to book a fabulous vacation, wherever you end up. I just booked our beach resort yesterday, and I'm so excited to just get away for a while, relax, and spend some time together.

7. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

So many reveals!! How exciting!

@buttermilk: Congrats on your girl mama

@abmamma: Congratulations on your little man !! I'm sorry the little "concerns" have all seemed to pile up in one scan. I'm sure you will get nearly definitive results with the blood work!

@Mrs. J: Congrats on your little man! I thought for sure you were having a girl! How fun for DS though.

@Mizhi: Congrats on your little girl!! We didn't meet with an OB yet either, so I haven't officially had any of the scan results yet. Making an appointment for next week.

8. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

What.the.heck. I had a braxton hicks just a few minutes ago. My app said they might start any time but I thought that was a little soon.. then sure enough.. ahh. I hope I'm not going to be getting them regularly from now on.

9. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@getjazzy: I'm hoping the fibroid shrinks after pregnancy. I had it around my last pregnancy but I don't think it grew much in that pregnancy as it was never mentioned other than once and it was just oh you have a fibroid but it's not in a troublesome spot. I have had have periods in the past but then they were lighter but I think my progesterone was missed up. Both of my babies are fertility babies, IUI specifically. I'm had a few pains in the area the fibroid is in, hopefully it's just a coincidence.

10. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

This little girl is already killing my productivity. All I want to do is go home and think about how much I love her!

11. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

The number of boys and girls is getting a little more balanced in the group. Anybody having trouble with coming up with names? We have a middle name but are at logger heads over a first name.

We are also trying to get started on my daughter's new room since she will move out of the nursery into a big girl room. so much to do.

Also trying to decide if we need a double stroller or not. they will be 30 months apart. DD is small for her age. If I got a double I'd love a CITy Select but they are pricey.

12. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: That would totally be me if I found out I was having a girl. I would be on Carter's website buying up the place lol.

@kayakgirl73: I just told my husband last night that we need to figure out our plans for my DS big boy room and start transitioning him over. It's bittersweet for sure! Can't believe he will be out of a crib. I'm also worried about what a disaster that might be and I need my sleep lol.

13. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@abmamma: @Mrs. J: congrats on the boys mamas!

@Mizhi: congrats on the girl!

My turn is tomorrow! Can't wait! My brain is saying boy, because out of 20 babies we know personally, 16 are boys. People rarely have girls in our world. But my gut (and DH's gut) says girl. So we shall see!

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: yes! We want to start transitioning him in June at the latest. He's such a good crib sleeper, so I am worried!!!

15. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@getjazzy: I'm worried about moving my daughter as she is doing so well in the crib. If she can move around freely, I'm very afraid for sleep.

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@getjazzy: I've been having BH's since around 12 weeks. I just ignore them most of the time, but it's getting harder since they're getting stronger as I get bigger. So annoying! Last time I had them a crazy lot (down to 2-3 minutes apart if I overexerted myself), so I knew to expect them, but I still didn't think they'd start as early as they did!

Too many to reply to easily, but congrats on all the sweet baby girls and boys! To those who had issues on their scans, I'm thinking of you! Sending lots of positive thoughts.

We are officially booked on a cruise leaving next week! I'm SO excited. I feel like I've barely seen DH in months, with all the work he's doing, so we really need this time away. And with a cruise, no internet, so he won't be able to work! It kind of sucks that it's only 5 days for the same thing we were paying for 7, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Just need to get my form filled out at the midwife tomorrow with confirmation I won't be too far along, so the cruise line doesn't get fussy.

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: yippee! Soak up every minute!

18. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Torchwood: How exciting - hope you guys have a fabulous time!

I've been feeling really down lately because we lost our dog tragically on Friday night (she was a dachshund, and was taken from our porch by a coyote.) We got her two weeks before we were married, so she's been with us for 7 years or so. That being said though, it makes me so happy to hear about all of your anatomy scans and how excited you are about your little ones... it's making me really try to focus on the future and this little guy who's coming in just 4.5 months or so, even if it's not quite the future I imagined without our pup.

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@raspberries: Oh no! I'm so sorry! I literally have nightmares about something like that happening to one of our sweet puppies, so I can't imagine how you're feeling. Lots of hugs.

20. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

Congratulations to all the mamas who have had recent gender reveals! Love that the number of boys and girls is starting to even out a bit.

@kayakgirl73: We were having a lot of trouble with names but were determined to come up with one this past weekend. I think we finally agreed on something. Hopefully neither of us changes our mind in the next 19 weeks or we will be back to the drawing board.

21. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@raspberries: I'm so sorry. That is really sad about your dog. It's so hard losing a pet; especially so tragically!

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@kayakgirl73: We've never been able to agree on a boy name, so we're glad for that reason that we've never conceived one! We have a girl name in mind that we agreed on back before this pregnancy, but we're not officially sharing it until she's here just in case it doesn't fit her/we change our minds. But names are hard! We have no back up if we drop this one.

23. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@raspberries: I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. We lost our first dog to Leptospirosis a few years ago, and I still miss him. They are family members to us so I know how it feels!

24. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: @mizhi: congrats on the girls!!! so fun!!

@mrs. j: @abmamma: congrats on the boys!!! can't wait til we find out next month!

such good looking profiles!! excited for you all.

25. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. J: Thanks for sharing this! I hope to have the baby in the nursery really soon, too as it is right next to our room. We'll see!

My mom has been pushing her older wooden rocker on me, but I agree with you - it just doesn't seem like something that would be comfortable at all and so wouldn't get used.

26. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Torchwood: thanks for the tips! that is good to know to overestimate how long it will take for the furniture to go there. I can see that being a real headache!!

And hope the cruise works out! Sounds so fun!

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@raspberries: oh my gosh I'm so sorry! That is so tragic. I am sending you lots of hugs

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@raspberries: so many hugs. I lost a cat the same way years ago, and it is rough.

29. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Oh my goodness! I don't check the board for 12 hours and it goes crazy with ultrasounds and sex-reveals! congratulations to everyone!'

30. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@Torchwood: We actually had a boy name that we had picked out last time around and still like, but we've never needed a boy name. My husband wants something from his heritage but I don't want something hard to spell or with an usual pronunciation as our last-name is hard enough.

31. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

Another great anatomy scan! Confirmed that we are having a little boy! He gave us a thumbs up!

32. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@raspberries: I am so sorry about your dog

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain , Goldy
    August 2: MrsStar
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, kayakgirl73 , Mihzi
    August 4: Mrs. scientist
    August 5: getjazzy , dagny, Mrs. J
    August 6: lil owl
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 8: lilteacherbee
    August 9: aprild , raspberries ,Torchwood
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 13: Mrs. Microscope, FliegepilzHut
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 28: Summerbebe, LauraBear
    August 30: autumnlove
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Torchwood: @Mrs.Scientist: @LauraBear: @buttermilk: @Mrs. Microscope: @MrsStar: Thanks ladies... it means a lot. It can only get better from here.

35. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@raspberries: I'm so sorry mama the loss of a fur baby is not easy! Especially suddenly like that
    @FliegepilzHut: Great ultrasound shot! A lot of you guys got great images of your little ones.

36. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

So much going on at my anatomy appointment today...

Baby was stubborn and WOULD NOT get its head out of my right hip. SO, I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to get the remaining shots of the heart, brain and palate.

BUT the pictures they did get are all healthy! Enough pics of the heart and brain to suggest everything is all good, and a cute face pic to show no cleft palate or anything. So I'm not worried there.

THEN I met with my doctor, who told me that her entire practice is being shut by the hospital company, and I need to find a new doctor. She was visibly upset, saying that she had a great record and great reviews, as well as a full practice, so this just came out of the blue due to "restructuring". So yeah, I have to find a new doc at 20 weeks, not by choice. UGH. I have the make up ultrasound with her, then that's it.

THE GOOD NEWS... BABY IS A GIRL!!!! We are SHOCKED, as I had convinced myself logically it has to be a boy (16/22 babies I know are boys), though the gut feeling for both me and DH was always girl. Guess we were right! We are so excited!

37. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: yay!! Congrats for you! Team pink!!

38. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations!!! But ugh, that sucks having to find a new doctor at this point - hope it works out for the best!

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yay!!! Congrats on your girl!! And that's awful about your doctor Do you have a lot of OBs near you? I live near a fairly big city and there are only 2 huge practices (like 10+ OBs each). Hope you find a new one soon!

That makes 12 girls vs 7 boys for our group so far!! Anyone else finding out soon?!

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yay, congrats!!!!! I am so sorry about your OB! On the bright side, at least you're not 36 weeks and finding this out!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee