Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsStar: I'm going to get one! SIL and BIL gave me a gift certificate for one for xmas, so I can't wait to use it. It was great last time!

2. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to say congrats to everyone who found out the gender! That's so exciting!

In the last week, I've been feeling a lot of kicks from the baby. It took me until 20 weeks to feel anything, but the doctor said that was normal, since my placenta is anterior. It's nice to know the baby is active!

3. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@AprilD that's awesome and I'm jealous I'm almost 19 weeks and NOTHING. I have an anterior, low-lying placenta so I guess it will be a while?!?!

4. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsStar: I will be starting to get them regularly now as they are covered by my insurance and I can't wait! I had been holding off since the start of the year until I got bigger to really take advantage.

@Mizhi: That's great news! I'm so glad everything is ok.

5. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Anyone else having issues with bad dreams/nightmares? I've had them every night the last 3 days (and this morning when I went back to bed after taking DH to work). Some not baby related, like a post-apocalyptic scenario with zombies. But the baby related ones are bad. Stillbirth, can't get baby to nurse and am being told I'm starving her for not nursing more, marriage falling apart because of baby, etc. I'm sure I'm working out some underlying worries, but it's making me dread going to sleep!

In more positive news, we start our birth class next week (!!!), and we met with the doula last night and she's great. We'll be signing the contract before we leave on vacation. And DH is even on board with placenta encapsulation, which I wasn't sure he would be. Honestly, I'm not 100% sold on it, but I'm at such high risk for postpartum depression that I want to do any and everything I can to help. Last time we never did a birth class, or bothered to book a doula. I actually went far enough that I could have, but I guess on some level I never really believed it was going to happen, or at the very least that I'd never be able to avoid a c-section so why bother. It's so exciting to really feel like this is real! And, side note, the doula said the same thing I did about the SCH- if I'm still allowed to stay with the midwives, it's not a big deal. They wouldn't let me if it were a concern. She's a NICU nurse with the hospital I'm delivering at, so it made me happy that she said that too.

So mixed feelings over here, but overall things are going well!

6. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Torchwood: I haven't had nightmares, but my dreams are super vivid and insane. They always include people in my life in situations that would never happen. Like I dreamt my parents were having a baby. Of course this is impossible, as my mom is waaaay post-menopausal and my dad passed away three years ago, crazy impossible stuff like that.

7. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

We started our registry and ordered our furniture last night!

BRU has a coupon on their website for 15% off all nursery furniture, but today is the last day to use it. One of the employees at the store also advised us to go ahead and start our registry and put our furniture on it so we can get the 10% back on the purchases after she's born.

We weren't planning to register yet but went ahead and added some things to it. My husband said I got a little over-eager with scanning things, since our main purpose was the furniture. We'll probably go back sometime in the next month or so and finish it up. There's still a few things we want to research before we decide on them.

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: yes to the nightmares! I had one a few days ago that a friend just fed my baby a bottle of formula and then told me that my baby didn't want to nurse from me. IRL, she would never do such a thing! And then I had one where I went into labor this week, and she didn't survive because 21weeks is too early. It was so scary!

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@krispi: fun! Register to your hearts content, its just a wish list!

10. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

I'm going in for my gender scan tomorrow morning and I'm SO excited! We're both really hoping for a girl, but I'll keep you guys posted!

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MissLace: good luck tomorrow!

Had a prenatal appointment today. Pretty boring as usual! But I'm up 13 pounds. Yay! I was a little worried I wasn't gaining.

12. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MissLace: Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be checking in to find out the result!

It's April here today and it made me realize how close August is getting! This pregnancy seems to be going so quickly

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MissLace: Can't wait to hear!! Good luck mama. Our nub shots looked very similar if I remember correctly so I'm interested in the result! We are probably finding out gender at the end of this week if it's included in my anatomy scan results (since the tech wouldn't tell us and we were still thinking of being team green at the time).

14. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@MrsStar: I can't believe it's April already! Yesterday I was alternating between ugh, I have 4 more months for my belly to keep getting bigger and wow, she'll be here in just 4 months - that time is going to fly!

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

How on earth would anyone survive an appt today! I would be like "wait, is that an April Fool's joke??" to everything that was said to me today. DH just told me one of his friends whose wife is pregnant JUST found out at 37 weeks that it's twins! I was like uhhh do you know what today is?

FX for good appointments today @MissLace: - hope your doctor isn't a jokester haha! And you aren't allowed to April Fools us!!!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

So apparently just because you're 22 weeks, it doesn't mean morning sickness can't come back and kick you every few days...boooo

17. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: Ohhhhhh my god. Finding out at 37 weeks that it's twins!?! *dies*

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: No it was an April fools joke!!!!

19. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: That sucks mama .. maybe it's a bug? Hope you start feeling better.

20. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: Oh sweet jesus, that's good. Although it DOES happen, I would think with technology where it is, it's very VERY rare.

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: I can't imagine! I did have a friend whose kid was measuring so big they did a late U/S to rule it out around that point. I would FLIP.

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: I wish, but it's been every few days!

23. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Have you guys figured out (or started to figure out) what your childcare situation will be? I have my next OB appt on Tuesday, and I'm planning to take a half day so I can tour daycares. It's intimidating!

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@raspberries: no, ugh. We have to hear back from our PT nanny about what her rates will be and we have a daycare to your before we decide if I am going back to work or not.

25. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@raspberries: SAHM here. I would be so stressed trying to figure out a daycare!

26. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@raspberries: We put LO #2 on the day care waiting list where LO#1 currently goes as soon as I got pregnant. We didn't have childcare for the first 6 months of LO#1's life because we couldn't get in anywhere good before then (waiting lists). It was stressful. Unfortunately our day care doesn't give a sibling discount so we're going to be spending a ridiculous amount on childcare, but DH and I are both career-oriented so we don't really have any other choice!

27. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

the verdict is in...its a GIRL!!!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MissLace: SO GLAD that you got what you wanted! More August girls!!

29. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MissLace: Yay!!!! I knew it! Congrats mama! Been waiting all day for your announcement.

30. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@raspberries: I have a unique situation. I have a lab in a brewery about 5 min from my house that I will be at 2-3 days a week for 2-3 hours each day, then I do writing from home 1-2 days a week, but only 1-2 hours of work on those days. I plan to get a nanny for 4 hours twice a week in home, whether or not those are my "in lab" days or not, just so I can get stuff done. If I don't have any work, I plan to go to the gym, yoga, grocery shopping, personal appointments, etc. If I need to go to the lab on other days, I plan to take Baby Girl along!!! I don't usually use chemicals, and we will actually have a pack n play I can set up! Our head brewer is female, and has a 18mo niece who is always bopping around, so its it pretty baby friendly!

I plan to use a local nanny agency to find someone suitable, probably starting in July (I won't need anyone until October)

31. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MissLace: congrats on the girl!! so fun

32. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@raspberries: my husband works at a community college that has on-site daycare so we have already reserved a spot for the baby there starting Nov. 1st. DH has been to the daycare site several times and says it's great, but I still need to visit and ask them a bunch of questions Hope it's great cause we don't have any backups!

33. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Anybody have any experience with the hypnobabies thing? My good friend is due a week ahead of me, and this is her third little one and will be the second one she does hypnobabies for. She raves about it, and it's making me seriously consider it. However, I am in evening classes full-time and work full-time so I am trying to figure out if it is worth it since you have to practice almost daily once you start the method. Any advice?

34. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

On my phone on way to my OB appointment now. I think that I might have to figure childcare for my two year old and the baby. My home daycare lady is probably going to retire.

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@LauraBear: no prior experience but I'm signed up for Hypnobabies classes beginning end of May. I think we are supposed to alternate listening to and reading aloud scripts each day - my understanding is that it isn't more than 30 mins practice per day which I'll probably do before bed.

@MissLace: congrats!

@raspberries: we live in Philadelphia and really should have already signed up on a wait list already for day cares but I haven't yet! Seems so crazy to me that I have to start planning so soon but I guess that's how it is! DH and I work full time but he works mostly from home and we both have very flexible schedules so we are planning to only do part time day care or babysitter.

36. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MissLace: Congrats!

37. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. J: Ugh, I think that's part of it for me too - I'm really crossing my fingers I can go part-time and work from home a little bit to cut back on costs, but I might end up staying at home full-time too.

@Torchwood: You lucky ducky! I wish I just knew with any certainty what the heck we're going to do, whether that'll be SAHP, both working full-time, or me cutting back to part-time.

@Mrs.Scientist: Ahhh, this is one of my biggest fears - what did you do during the 6 months you were waiting for a slot? I think I could get various relatives to stay with us for a week here or there for the 3 months after my mat leave, but I'd probably be risking my sanity, haha.

@Mrs. Microscope: So jealous - this sounds perfect!

@LauraBear: That also sounds pretty darn convenient - I hope the on-campus daycare works out for you guys!

@buttermilk: Ugh, I live right outside of Boston and am wondering the same thing - I've heard such conflicting things (some people are saying they signed up for daycares as soon as they got pregnant, and others are saying they waited until the last minute.) Crossing my fingers we both find something, ha.

@kayakgirl73: Oh, that's stressful. When will you find out if you need a new daycare for both kids?

@MissLace: CONGRATS!!!!

38. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@raspberries: This is baby #2 for us so it's a little easier. We started LO1 out in a daycare from 12-15 months because his current daycare (the one we really wanted him in) doesn't accept kids until EARLIEST 15 months (but suppose to be 18mo). Once this baby is 15 mo, he/she will transfer in to the same daycare as LO1. For a while it will be super annoying to drop off and pick up at 2 different locations though.

39. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: good to know! I had heard that you could do it as you were getting ready for bed and that it actually help with falling asleep. I look forward to hearing about your experience!

40. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@MissLace: ️congrats! Cute announcement picture.

@kayakgirl73: I need to figure my plan for baby 3 as well. My mil says she can watch her 3 days a week but I'm not sure if that is a good idea!

I am 18ish weeks now and halfway point is coming fast. I have been really worried since yest about placenta accreta and different scenarios but I am going to stop stressing for now!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee