3. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@getjazzy: Congrats!

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: congrats!!!!

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Thank you all!! I can't tag each each of you but I appreciate the congrats! The ultrasound went really well. It was a gender determination package so she spent like .. 20 minutes looking only at the groin area haha. I'm glad she was so thorough though because had she been any less, we would probably have doubts. It was still hard to believe and I saw the whole time that there was never any question of boy bits. She checked in 3d, as well as had me get up and walk around/go pee and then she checked again to make sure nothing shifted. Even though I had a super strong intuition it was a girl, it still took some time for the fact that I had confirmation to sink in. We are super excited!!

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Doulas are hired! So happy! Glad we found a team that works well with our expectations/wishes/values. We interviewed some that definitely did not work, and had some questionable contract stuff. But we found the perfect ones!

7. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Oh my gosh-- I am so behind!

@MissLace @getjazzy: congrats!!

@Mrs.Microscope: I had no idea they made alcohol free wine-- I may have to check those brands out. Every once and awhile all I really want at the end of a long day is a glass of wine And congrats on finding your doulas!

We FINALLY heard back yesterday about the MaterniT21 results-- no abnormalities detected! We are so relieved to say the least. Now we just have to keep on eye on baby boy's growth given the marginal cord insertion issue but it is nice to only have one thing to worry about!

Hope everyone who celebrates is having a nice holiday weekend!

8. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@abmamma: What great news!!

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@abmamma: great news!

10. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@abmamma: Awesome news!

11. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@abmamma: such wonderful news!!

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: congrats girl! That's great

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Glad you got that booked! You must be relieved to have that checked off the list.

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@abmamma: YAY for the good news!

15. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

How was everyone's easter weekend? We cleaned up our back patio and planted new flowers. So excited for spring!

And any new symptoms for yall lately? I think I'm starting to get the night time leg cramps - happened like 4 times last night. Not the full on charlie horses thank god.

16. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@buttermilk: I've been having leg cramps every so often for a few weeks now - probably since 18 weeks or so? They've only turned into an actual charley horse once, where I had to wake DH up to massage the cramp out (and then that calf hurt for the next day or two.)

I've also had a lot of congestion lately - not sure if it's allergy-related, cold-related, or pregnancy-related!

17. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: congrats!!

18. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@abmamma: great news Glad that you can rest easy with that!

@buttermilk: @raspberries: so excited for spring!! I had a full-on charlie horse the other night and was reminded how awful those are. I had a thought during it that this was going to be nothing compared to labor haha. Also, I've started to feel pressure on my right hip, and I think it's due to the baby's position? It doesn't hurt but it is annoying. And I've had nasal congestion, too! But my energy level is great these days

19. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@abmamma: awesome news!!!

20. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Thanks ladies! I celebrated by ordering a few baby boy clothing items from baby gap given their 40% off sale yesterday

@buttermilk: not new exactly, but I've been having a lot of round ligament pain lately. Usually when I go from sitting to standing or walk a lot. I remember having some of this with DD but not to this extent! I wonder if it's because I'm not resting as much this time thanks to an active toddler. Will probably ask at my appointment next week just to make sure it's all normal- though am pretty sure it is.

21. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: OMG someone keep me away from gap! They have had that 40% off sale for the past 3 weeks and I can't stop myself!!

22. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@buttermilk: Easter weekend was good! We did a bunch of housework and bought some baby stuff! We got a baby swing and some more clothes - this baby is pretty set for clothes until 3 months now!

Only new symptom is pain in the back of my right hip when I lie in bed at night, might need to start sleeping with a pillow between my legs again or start using my pregnancy pillow.

Jealous of you guys going into Spring! It's Autumn here - heading into winter so the weather is starting to get worse

23. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsStar: @LauraBear: I also get a pain in the back of my right hip pretty frequently - been thinking it must be baby related!

@MrsStar: fun! I haven't been totally sure what size clothes I should be focusing on buying now. I have no idea what to expect at our shower. Did you guys register for baby clothes? I figure ppl will want to pick out clothes themselves, but what I wonder what sizes we will get. When I buy them now I've mostly been buying 0-3 months.

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: you will get lots of little clothes (NB, 0-3, 3-6) bc they are cutest. That's one of the things I've noticed about showers where the sex was known...the moms got mostly clothes and not a lot of the gear that they had registered for. Also, people like to pick out clothes, so I probably wouldn't register for it

25. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@buttermilk: I won't have a baby shower (they're not really done here and definitely not the same as the US) so I've been buying everything I think is cute I've been focusing on 0-3 month rather then NB but my first LO was 6lbs9oz and was in NB size for quite a while. So if we need more NB stuff when she's born then I'll just have to go shopping again

26. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

@buttermilk: We signed the lease to a new apartment, so we were busy running around taking care of that! We’re moving this Friday, and the in-laws are coming on Sunday, so we have our hands full making sure the apartment is visitor-ready (aka passes the MIL test).

We ordered our cloth diapers. We bought Applecheeks brand and ordered from Canada since the exchange rate is crazy in our favor. We also ordered a few odds and ends from Diapers.com when they were having a sale since this one particular aden + adais muslin swaddle pack I wanted was on sale at the same time ...

We’ll probably get more aggressive purchasing baby things once the in-laws leave. We need to purchase almost everything online and have them shipped here, so we need to make sure we order at least two to three months out to be absolutely certain things are here before our little girl arrives.

Clothes we will buy last minute because I’m not sure what will be gifted to us. We’re not having a shower, but some family and friends have expressed a wish to purchase some things for us. I’m not really worried about clothes; there’s one baby store over here where everything is SUPER adorable and SUPER cheap! Can't wait to start buying! *Squeal~*

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abmamma: Yay, that's great!!

@buttermilk: We won't have a shower, since our LOs are both boys and only 20 months apart. Last time, I got sooo many clothes. I was pretty much set until 9 months and I've kept all his stuff. He was almost 9lbs though and barely in newborn clothes for 2 weeks, so if this one is smaller, I have some shopping to do We have another ultrasound tomorrow, so we should get an idea of size- by this point, his brother was measuring 2-3 weeks ahead at every ultrasound (I had them every month due to GD)!

28. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@buttermilk: I put a few of the basics on our registry, like onesies, socks, and sleepers, but no cute outfits. I'm trying not to buy too many clothes until the shower, and most of what I've bought has been bigger, like 9-12 months, since I figure we won't get as many of those. I'm expecting an 8 lb baby, so I haven't bought anything newborn yet. I figure I'll wait and see if we get any at the shower and see what size the doctors are predicting closer to my due date.

I had my standard OB appointment yesterday, and she noticed that on my bloodwork way back in December, my liver numbers looked high. She thought it was weird that no one had mentioned it yet and was wondering if it was an error on my chart. They took some blood yesterday to recheck my levels and see if they're still high. I'm trying not to worry about it until we get the test results back. Google says it could indicate anything from hepatitis to cholestasis to pre eclampsia. All my other vital signs look normal. The only thing is that I had some bad swelling that started at 5 weeks and still comes and goes. I've been a little worried about pre eclampsia later on because of that, but so far I haven't had any other symptoms.

29. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: New symptom for me (which I don't remember having with my first) is sciatic nerve pain. I literally can't lay on my back at all, and getting up from laying down (even on my side) is a painful and a slow process.

I started my prenatal yoga class last night and oh my godddd heaven. I would highly recommend to any of you who are thinking about it! I felt like a million bucks during and after, even this morning my body felt so much better. I plan to do it all the way until delivery now in hopes of helping, preventing another posterior baby and ultimately, C-section. Even if I don't manage that, I will feel great longer I think and hopefully bounce back from birth a bit faster. I plan to do it at home daily now too as the instructor referred us to a website that posts prenatal podcasts at http://www.mamasteyoga.com/product.htm if any of you are interested.

30. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: @buttermilk: lots of back and hip pain here too. It's gotten bad lately- I also can't lay on my back. I could barely walk after our Anatomy Scan laying down for the ultrasound. I have degenerative disc disease so pregnancy for me = lots of issues, but the hips are just an added "bonus!" I legitimately want to find one of those hospital pulls that helps you get out of bed, haha!

31. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: Same! Ultrasounds or OB appointments are the worst. Laying flat on those terribly hard tables is so crappy!

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: last time, I had to go to the hospital once to get checked for a blood clot (it was just RLP/sciatic nerve pain but it presented with some heat so they wanted to check me out) and they made a big deal about not letting me lay flat, and wedged a pillow under one side. But yet at the OB they lay me flat for the ultrasound? Makes no sense, haha!

33. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@LauraBear: I totally agree - thank goodness my energy levels have been up lately, or I'd probably be feeling much more cranky due to the leg cramps, heartburn, and congestion.

@buttermilk: I've been torn about what kind of baby clothes to buy too - I registered for a little pack of plain onesies in every size up to 12 months, but no other clothes. I've been dying to order some, but I don't want to end up with way too many in one size!

@Mizhi: Hahaha, I was joking with my husband that I'm going to take a day off from work (after our shower, but you'll probably be in the same situation after your in-laws leave) specifically to scour the internet for the best deals and buy everything we still need.

@krispi: Hopefully it's nothing significant - did she say how high the numbers were? Maybe they're borderline and whoever else was analyzing your chart didn't think they were worth mentioning? Hope the results come back with nothing to worry about!

@getjazzy: Yes! I need to get in gear and start going to prenatal yoga more frequently - I always feel so good after I've done it, but it's such a struggle to get out of the house.

So I had my latest prenatal appointment today, and everything looks good here. I got the drink for the glucose test for next time (ugh) and my doctor reminded me that we should start looking for pediatricians - we currently go to a family medicine practice, so I thiiiink that's just where we'll take baby, but now I'm wondering if we should visit a few different places? How did you guys choose your pediatrician?

34. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@raspberries: We use a family physician for our LO and plan to do the same for this baby but I think peds are less common here? I know they exist but most people go with a general practitioner unless their child requires specialized care.

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: ah! There's a prenatal yoga place very close to me and I keep saying I'm gonna go but haven't yet. Probably a great way to make friends too! I have been doing my workouts tho, 3 days in a row now yippee!!

@krispi: hope it's nothing!

Thanks for all the feedback about baby clothes and registries. Now I've been googling how to get guests to stick to the registry!!

Also um, I've been more nauseous this week than any other time so far - mostly at night but I'm feelin pretty barfy this am too. Is it weird for morning sickness to finally hit now?

36. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@buttermilk: not weird at all! With all the hormonal changes, it does weird stuff to us. I'm having nausea still on and off, some days awful and some days nothing. It's a pain!

37. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@getjazzy: My chiropractor recommended that I start prenatal yoga. I've been meaning to look up some videos, so I will check out that link.

@raspberries: It said my ALT is 110 and AST is 81. She said that's about twice the normal number, so if it's right, they are pretty high. Another weird thing is that my doctor's office has an online patient portal where I can access my chart and any lab results, but that particular test doesn't show up there. I'm curious to see what these latest results come back as.

38. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: The funniest thing? I have several close friends I met doing mom and baby yoga with my first but NO ONE talked at prenatal last night. I even spoke to one of the mom friends I made in mom and baby and she said when she took prenatal, absolutely no one talked then either lol. I do know that I talked to a ton of people and made some life long friends with mamas in the mom and baby class. Maybe having a baby makes you come out of your shell more?

39. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: Not weird at all! My morning sickness has come BACK! (Like actual barfing back)

40. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

OMG you guys with m/s coming back are freaking me out!! Nooooo! I am feeling good still - honestly just starving all the time and I feel like every time I get on the scale, I've gained another 3 lbs I'm eating more than usual but it really doesn't seem like I'm eating enough to gain weight so quickly. I am worried I'm gonna gain 50 or 60 lbs at this rate.

I'm 20w now and really starting to feel like we need to get started getting stuff ready - cleaning out the room we're going to use for the nursery, painting, ordering stuff, starting a registry, etc. We haven't done anything so far and I know time will go fast!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee