Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! Had my anatomy scan today at nearly 20 weeks, and it's a girl!!!!!!

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lulibee: Congrats!!!

3. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lulibee: yay!!! Congrats!

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lulibee: Congratulations!!!!

5. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@lulibee: ️congrats!!!

6. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@lulibee: congrats!

7. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @mrs.scientist
    I can't believe people!! I will admit to wondering if people were pregnant or just gaining weight but NEVER have I said it. The only comments I had while pregnant with my first was "are you sure it isn't twins?" Which anyone whose ever actually seen a twin pregnant belly would know it wasn't. This time, I was heavier to start with. And people who know me assure me I look pregnant, but I can tell from some looks I'm getting at the gym, that in my workout clothes you can't tell if I'm pregnant or gaining an apparent beer belly.

8. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@lulibee: Congrats!

9. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Okay. I have TONS of catching up to do with reading. I've been absent from this post for about three weeks. Last time I posted, MFM said I needed to come back as frequent as every 3 weeks for the rest of pregnancy or possibly every 4-6 weeks because the baby's brain ventricles were measuring 10mm. I am so happy to report that the vents measured 8-9mm today, are now considered normal, and require no more ultrasounds or visits to MFM or genetic counseling. HUGE relief. Maternit21 also came back clean and said that it was a girl!

Thank you so much to every for the good thoughts. It was beyond appreciated.

I apologize for being absent-- it would have been just too stressful to see everyone's good news while my anxiety was getting the best of me.

Now I think I have four or five pages of posts to catch up on

10. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Ms. RV: Yaaaaaay! I'm so happy for you! And congrats on a little girl!

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms. RV: that's amazing!!! So happy that you can relax now and yay for more girls!!!

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@lulibee: Congrats!!!!!

@Ms. RV: Yay!! That's awesome So glad everything is okay and congrats on your little girl!!

13. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Ms. RV: Yay so glad to hear that, awesome news!

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

So happy to hear about healthy babies! And more girls! What is our current count? Boys are a rare (but special!) Occurance for our little group!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain , Goldy
    August 2: MrsStar
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, kayakgirl73 , Mihzi
    August 4: Mrs. scientist
    August 5: getjazzy , dagny, Mrs. J
    August 6: lil owl
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 8: lilteacherbee
    August 9: aprild , raspberries , Torchwood
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 13: Mrs. Microscope , FliegepilzHut
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 28: Summerbebe, LauraBear
    August 30: autumnlove
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

16. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@Ms. RV: that's awesome news! So happy for you, and congrats on the girl!

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I think we're at 16 and 7 !!

18. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@lilteacherbee: wow! Thanks for updating!

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Am I the only one who totally overthinks everything? Not to the point I'd call it worrying, just having random thoughts pop in my head. Like the obvious, if she's not moving much is she okay. But also, if she kicks my cervix too much, am I developing an incompetent cervix and she's actually got a limb stuck in there or something? Or is it possible for her to move too much? What if she's thrashing in pain or her cord is wrapped around her neck?

Like I said, I'm not worrying, and it's not increasing my anxiety. I just have the craziest thoughts sometimes that make me want to over analyze EVERYTHING.

(And really, is it possible to move too much? She's barely been still for longer than a minute in the last 24 hours, aside from possibly when I was asleep myself.)

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Torchwood: I was definitely like this with my first LO. I over-analyzed EVERYTHING. I'm a little more chill this time, probably because I honestly forget I'm pregnant because my toddler takes all my brain power. But really, I still have moments where I'm like "wait, has he moved today?" And then an hour later "omg, he's moving SO much...what does that mean?!" etc. so you're not alone! I tend to over-think practically everything in life, so it's basically built into my personality

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: I have a cold this week, and was coughing so much and out of breath that when baby was moving I thought she was thrashing because she didn't have enough oxygen. Then when she didn't move I thought it was because she didn't have enough oxygen! Then I cried. And of course my ultrasound this week showed a perfectly happy healthy baby! Mama brain overload. You are not alone. We are all irrational sometimes!

22. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

we are having another baby BOY! can't wait ! Anatomy scan was great, baby looking right on track for end of August!

23. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Glad I'm not the only one!

Poor DH flew out to New Mexico today for work, and he's definitely in the early stages of getting sick with a cold. I feel bad for him, especially since he'll probably be expected to work 16 hour days to get what he can done in the week he's there. But I have to admit, if he gets sick enough that he can't actually work, I'll be a bit gratified. They made us cancel our vacation (and ultimately go on a much shorter one) because they couldn't spare him the time away from his project here, but they can spare him to go out to New Mexico for a week? That's a bunch of crap. But really, I hope he feels better. (Though I'll be honest, it's nice that he's not here to get me sick, or to keep me up all night snoring because he's so stuffed up. Last night he kept me awake despite the white noise machine and earplugs.)

24. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@mommygrace: Congrats!

25. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@lulibee: @Ms. RV: Congrats mamas!! So many girly girls in August! and I'm so glad your results were good RV!!

@mommygrace: Congrats on your little man!'

26. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mommygrace: Yay, finally another boy!! Congrats! Welcome to team

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Um guys...the midwife told me I gained 8lbs in the last month. Uhhhh what?!?! I'm not sure where it went!! I can't believe it. Gotta slow my roll!!

28. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Torchwood: Tell him that he should take Alka Seltzer Plus Cough and Cold. A couple of years ago I got a horrible cold at work and the cafeteria sold some so I gave it a try. I swear by it now and it doesn't make you sleepy or foggy so he can work horribly long hours. I hope I don't get a cold while pregnant because I sure will miss it.

@Mrs. J: I've seen your bump pictures. I think your midwife needs to check her scale!

@mommygrace: Congrats on the boy

29. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Congrats to everyone who found out the gender! Looks like a lot of girls on the board.

This Saturday my husband and I leave for our babymoon in Barbados! I'm so excited! I'm also a little nervous about leaving my son with his grandparents, but I'm sure they will take good care of him. I know I'm going to miss him like crazy!

30. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Ms. RV: thanks! I need new batteries for my scale...17lbs so far does not seem right!

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: whaaaat?! No way! I think I'm up about 13lbs so far. I'll find out officially on Friday. Do you think you're on the same track with weight gain that you were with J? I'm pretty much exactly the same. The only thing that worries me is that I basically gained 5lbs the entire third trimester and I think the GD diet helped with that. If I don't have GD this time, I'll probably gain more. BUT I started 10lbs lighter this time, so eh

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@aprild: Yay, have fun!!! I'm sure he'll do just fine, although I'd probably be nervous too because I've only left my 17 month old for one night at a time so far.

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: I definitely didn't/ don't think I'm up 17lbs! I started 5lbs lighter, but my belly looks right on track with where I was with J. I'll admit my sweets intake has been a little crazy lately, but not 8lbs in a month crazy!

34. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mrs. J my weight has been crazy too. I "supposedly" gained about 8 lbs in a month at the OB.... well, I was back at the OB exactly a week later because I was having this weird swelling (it was nothing) and their scale showed I LOST two pounds in a week! I can tell you I definitely didn't lose weight. I think there are a lot of fluctuations.

I think if you're eating when you're hungry, your body will figure it out! I gained a lot FAST but I think it's b/c I started pregnancy underweight and didn't gain any in the first tri with m/s. I think my body just needed to get that weight. It seems like now my weight gain is slowing down a little.

And for me (tmi, but I have a lot of GI issues/IBS type stuff even non-pg), how bloated/constipated I am makes a tremendous difference in my weight... my abdomen gets HUGE and distended and I gain like 5lbs overnight, but I know it's just fluid or whatever.

35. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@aprild: That sounds amazing - hope you have a fantastic time!

@MrsADS: @Mrs. J: I swear, my weight fluctuates wildly depending on what I eat and the time of the day I weigh myself. I recently weighed myself three days in a row, and the scale read +2lbs, +3lbs, -4lbs. I'm making it a point to only weigh myself once a week, or I'll go crazy!

36. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Raspberries exactly! And if I eat something super salty, my weight is always up the next day from retaining water, I guess. I am trying not to stress too much about it.

37. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@lulibee: @Ms. RV: Congratulations to you both on the great news!

I find it amusing that this group has so many girls. With my DS my birth group was the complete opposite--totally boy dominated!

38. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: That sounds amazing!! Enjoy!

24 weeks today. Hurray, viability! Can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going.

39. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@getjazzy: I've made viability too.

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I agree, so funny how that's happened!

@getjazzy: @kayakgirl73: woohoo!

@raspberries: me too, I've only been going by the doctor's office weight!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee