Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@getjazzy: Congrats! Only a few more days here. In reality I know that 24 weeks isn't some magic number, but I'm really looking forward to it.

2. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Ladies, I just realized there was a self serve frozen yogurt shop 3 blocks from my house and omg this is very dangerous news!!! Just had a nice walk and after dinner treat with the hubs but I cannot make this a habit!

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: I'll be 24 weeks on Saturday! I can't believe how fast it's flying by!! With my first, it seemed like time was draggggging, but this time, it feels like I found out last month.

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: Frozen yogurt is totally my weakness!!

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@lilteacherbee: So true. With my first even getting out of the first tri felt like it took a year and now I'm falling behind in prep for this baby!

6. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@lulibee: congrats!! mine is on thursday and I can't wait! I'm pretty sure it's a boy (from my NT scan) but who knows?! Just can't wait to see the sweet thing's profile.

7. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@krispi: @lilteacherbee: happy to hear about your good numbers! was thinking of y'all!

8. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mommygrace: Congrats!! Mine is on Thursday - can't wait!!

@buttermilk: @lilteacherbee: frozen yogurt is hard to pass up! I have also been craving really creamy milkshakes and fruit smoothies. Sooo good these days.

9. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Torchwood: congrats on the great ultrasound! I love all the details you can see this far along!

10. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: if you only top it with fruit that's healthy right?

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: That's what I tell myself lol! Luckily that's the only kind I crave!

12. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Baby must be growing today! I'm starving and exhausted!

13. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: must be!! I've been wondering when I will feel the hunger really kick in. Though my tummy was rumbling by the time I got in bed last night haha. Anyone else feeling extra starving?

14. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@buttermilk: I'm constantly hungry. My weight wasn't the greatest (overweight)to start with, so I worry.

15. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: yup! I have hungry days where I am just starving all day, no matter what I eat! My weight gain is fine though, and I have been exercising so I'm not too worried. Trying not to keep junk in the house so its easier to make healthy choices!

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I wake in the middle of the night maybe once a week so hungry that I have to eat something before I can go back to sleep. But then some days I'm not hungry at all the entire day. It seems so random!

17. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk Me! I'm hungry all the time, haha. I find I do better if I'm eating a lot of protein and enough fat - when I'm eating more carby heavy stuff I'm WAY hungrier. I've definitely had a few nights in the last few weeks where I wake up STARVING at like 2am and have to have a granola bar or something!

18. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@buttermilk: I have a frozen yogurt shop within walking distance too, and it is hard to not stop by all the time! I think it will be even harder as the weather gets warmer. Nothing is more refreshing than some froyo!

19. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Hey all, have any of you started a registry yet? I'm 21 weeks now, so I have a *little* time, but I feel like I should be thinking about it. I am going to fly home for a shower, so it will be on the early-ish side (29-31 weeks ish) because I don't want to fly really late.

I think we want to register at a baby store (either BRU or Buy Buy Baby) and probably Target as well, although Target's selection is not great and I'm not sure how to split up what goes on which registry.

If so, where did you register? How many items? Anyone willing to post a link to their registry to give me ideas? I need help!!

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsADS: I'm not really registering this time, but I did create an Amazon registry to start listing things we need (and so we get the completion discount!) With LO, we registered at Buy Buy Baby, Target, and Pottery Barn Kids (that's where I found the nursery bedding, curtains etc). Target was frustrating in that things would frequently become unavailable and there wasn't much selection, as you mentioned. BBB was great!

21. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsADS: I registered! My family lives in Pennsylvania (and I live in Massachusetts) so I'll be travelling for the shower - we have it scheduled for Memorial Day weekend so I'll be 29 weeks. I registered at Amazon and Target (the closest Buy Buy Baby is about 45 mins away, and I was determined to get that completion coupon so I didn't want to do Babies R Us, haha.) If you wall me your email address/FB, I'll send you a message with links to my registry, but I'd rather not post it since it has location info and full names and whatnot.

One website that I found super useful for figuring out what to register for was Lucie's List (http://www.lucieslist.com/baby-registry-basics/) - there is SO much info there. It took me almost a whole week to go through everything, but I felt like I had a pretty good grasp after I'd looked at it all.

22. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsADS: I'm also not really registering this time. I am debating on whether I should start a private registry on Amazon or at target though
    For the completion discount. We don't have any baby stores within three hours, and no family near by. But we do have a target! I want to have a wish list to direct family too when they ask what we need/want.

Last time I was registered at babies r us, target and diapers.com. I don't remember if I had a rhyme or reason for what went on the target registry vs the BRU.

23. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: I started one months ago and have been dragging my way through finalizing it. I need to just sit down and finish it today!!! I'm planning on going through Babylist but include things from Amazon, BBB, land of nod, and Etsy.

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

How are yall calculating how far along you are? Like are you saying you're 6 months pregnant when you hit 24 weeks? Or waiting Til it's a full 6 months. I'm so confused! Not that anyone else cares, it's just for my sake

25. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: so...either end of 5 or 6 months lol

Heavy on the 1st Trimester
    Month One: Week 1-6
    Month Two: Week 7-11
    Month Three: Week 12-16
    Month Four: Week 17-20
    Month Five: Week 21-24
    Month Six: Week 25-28
    Month Seven: Week 29-32
    Month Eight: Week 33-36
    Month Nine: Week 37+
    This set of weeks assumes that early pregnancy is very important but that you aren't really pregnant those first two weeks.

Heavy on the 3rd Trimester
    Month One: Week 1-4
    Month Two: Week 5-8
    Month Three: Week 9-12
    Month Four: Week 13-16
    Month Five: Week 17-20
    Month Six: Week 21-24
    Month Seven: Week 25-28
    Month Eight: Week 29-32
    Month Nine: Week 33+
    This set of weeks counts every moment from the last normal menstrual cycle and considers the fact that some women have their babies earlier than 40 weeks.

26. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@buttermilk: This totally confused me too! I've been using this calendar from Baby Center, just because it spells it out clearly - as far as I can tell, everyone does it differently.

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: @raspberries: wow even more confusing! Lol.

28. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: I still have the registries from last time; I just changed the due date. I don't plan to mention it to anyone, and our baby "shower" invites will specifically request no gifts. But if anyone remembers where I was registered and looks, they'll find them. I figure it's easier for me to have all the stuff I want recorded in one place for my sake when shopping, plus the completion coupons. And I'll probably point family to the Amazon one for Christmas this year, since she'll still be young. As far as choosing where/what to register- I did Amazon, BRU, and Target. I only did Target because some people don't have a BRU and don't like shopping online. Also, they are the *only* place I can find that carries the playmat I want. Other than that, their selection is crap. I double registered for some things if the price was the same, with the intention of removing it from one when it was purchased from the other. And there were some pretty drastic price differences on some things (the carseat I want is $80 cheaper at BRU than on Amazon), so I made sure to go with the cheaper place in that case.

@buttermilk: I've been just sort of estimating. I've been saying around 5.5 months, but really I don't even know. There are too many different variations. I say I'm about halfway now.

Second week of birth class tonight! DH is out of town, so my best friend is going with me. I'm glad not to have to go alone. Though I haven't filled out my sheet with the protein I've eaten or exercises I've done this week. Whoops. I'm bringing either cookies or cupcakes; that should make up for it.

29. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsADS: I'm not registering this time, since it's my second child. I don't think anyone is planning to throw me a shower, and I don't expect one either. My first time around, I registered at Buy Buy Baby and Amazon.

@buttermilk: I typically just say how many weeks I am, because I'm not sure how it translates to months. Is 24 weeks really 6 months? I'm almost 24 weeks, and I assumed I was 5 months, because I have about 4 months left.

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: Ooh exciting! I can't wait for birthing classes.

OMG you guys slogging through all this baby gear to register for...kill me!!!!! I thought I was being easy going about it all, but when it comes down to it, it's a lot to decide on, and it doesn't help that I'm naturally indecisive and an over thinker. I mean I just spent 5 minutes deciding whether to register for a white or a tan sound machine lol.

Right now I can't decide where baby should sleep at first. Our crib will be on another floor, though still very close, so I'm planning to have her in the room at first. I thought I had decided on the BabyHome Dream Travel Cot but $200 for something that can only be used for 6 months seems cray.
    Now I think the Summer Infant Deluxe By Your Side Sleeper seems a better choice because we could have her in the bed if we want, or also just put it on top of a flat surface like, a'hem, our metal dog crate that's right next to my side of the bed lol. It's only $65. Any advice from you moms? I'd rather not rely on a rock n play.

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Oh! Also - our crib just shipped!! I was supposed to take 6-8 weeks which is why we ordered it 4 months in advance but we ordered it only 6 days ago! Lol!

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: We used the ever popular pack and play (with a newborn napper station) and I truthfully LOVED IT. Had the changing station right next to it which was key for nighttime diapers before a feeding in the newborn stage. All our supplies right there, no schlepping down the hall for a diaper and back to our room for feeding. I would lay LO on our bed, undo his swaddle and leave the blanket flat on the bed and then diaper, feed and re-swaddle within a 3 foot radius and then collapse back in to bed after getting baby back in the pnp. It made so that after a couple of weeks, I was pretty well doing it half asleep and LO was staying asleep through it too.

Of course we got lots of use from it afterwards to confine him when he was mobile and I needed to leave the living room for something, as well as acted like a travel crib when we visit people. We just used it over Easter and at almost 2, DS slept well in it still!

33. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: If we weren't cosleeping (so using a sleep nest), we would use the pack-n-play. I'll probably still set it up in our room for the changing station.

I can't decide how I feel about my birth class. I really enjoy it, and it's good information. But doing homework and specific exercises and tracking food intake, and I'm paying for someone to make me do all this? I KNOW it's in my own best interest. And really I'm glad someone is making me do it. But arg! I'm a crazy picky eater, possibly have Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, so trying to actually get all the required foods is genuinely impossible. I take very expensive liquid organic vitamins for a reason. But I hate having to explain all that. I think I'm just going to email the teacher about it, so that she knows I do plan to really make more of an effort with eating better, but don't ever expect it to really be on the level that they're looking for. But overall, really loving my class!

34. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Oh, and baby girl went on a crazy moving spree earlier, and I was just sitting there watching my belly move. Which is way weirder than just feeling it. And if it's moving that much now, what's it going to look like in another 17 weeks?!

35. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@MrsADS: We started our registry when we ordered our furniture. BRU offers 10% back on all registry purchases, so we put our furniture on there right before we ordered it so we could get the reward points. We have all the big items on the BRU registry, and then I created a smaller one at Target. The Target registry has a few decorative items that can't be found anywhere else in addition to basics, like sheets and towels and onesies.

@buttermilk: I'm planning to have the Pack n Play and the Rock n Play in our room just in case. We'll see where she prefers to sleep. I do think the Pack n Play could come in handy for changing. Our nursery is just across the hall from our room, so I don't think it will be too hard to transition to the crib eventually.

@Torchwood: I registered for our birth class last week. We're doing an all-day Saturday class at the end of May. I also signed us up for a breastfeeding class. My husband surprised me by saying he was interested in the infant care class as well, so I still need to call about that one. He's never really been around babies before, so I think it will help him feel more comfortable.

I've been feeling more movement the last couple of days too. It's not strong enough to see yet though. I've just in the last few days had a couple that I could feel from the outside. I'm hoping it will get more predictable so I can tell my husband and he can feel something for the first time. Right now, it's just one here and there and it's hard to catch.

We are leaving Sunday for our short-ish, low key babymoon in Florida, and I am so ready for some relaxation!! We still have a little bit of stress trying to wrap up things at work and getting packed and the house and dogs ready for us to be gone, but I'm just looking forward to putting my feet up and enjoying the ocean breeze.

36. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@buttermilk: We used a standard pack n'play with reversible napper and sleeper the first time around for probably the first three months or so and it worked fine. This time around I bought the Halo Bassinest and I'm super pumped to use it.

37. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: J's nursery is mere feet from our room, so he was in it, in his crib, by day 2/3 home. My SIL used their pack n play until she felt ready to move her (they have a tri-level, so master is its own floor).

38. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Hey guys, newbie question here. How often do they need a diaper change in the middle of the night?

39. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: at the beginning, I probably changed him each time he woke up, before I would nurse him again (or I'd change him half way through to wake him up a little so he'd finish). Eventually, I changed him less and less. Now, he goes all night without getting changed, even if he wakes up (we just double stuff his diapers with a hemp insert--we cloth diaper).

40. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: lol, oh man, I can hardly remember! I feel like at first I changed his diaper everytime he woke up to nurse, and then it got less frequent. And eventually I was only changing it if it was poopy (which it is a lot more in the beginning).

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee