Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@LauraBear: congrats on your boy!!!

2. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@LauraBear: Congrats on your little boy!!

Had my first OB appointment this morning (you can see a family practitioner here until roughly the mid 20 weeks mark) and it went really well! I decided on a different one than my first pregnancy because my last one no longer delivers. Shes super nice and I got a great vibe from her. She thinks I'm a favorable candidate for VBAC so we are going to attempt (barring any complications between now and then). Since they don't induce when you've had a previous C-section in order to limit the stress on the uterine scar tissue, I had to book a c-section date should I not go in to labour on my own. She gave me the option of my due date or a week after so I picked a week after to give baby a longer chance at coming on her own. Based on hospital availability it will be sometime on or after August 12th. Just waiting to hear back on that.

Got my paper work for the glucose test so I will probably do that during my day off in 2 weeks. Anyone else have check ups this week?

3. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@getjazzy: I have a perinatologist appointment tomorrow. Good luck with your glucose test!

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: that's great! I have my orders for my glucose too, so I have to figure out when I am going to do that.

5. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: Exciting! my next checkup is a week from today. So far they've been crazy boring, but I guess that's maybe a good thing? They weigh me and listen for her heartbeat and ask if I have any Q's. That's it! Does it ever get more exciting? Lol.

Baby's crib and cloth diapers are being delivered today! Yay! I can't wait to look at how teeny tiny they are.

6. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Haha not really! Unless you consider cervical checks or sweeps later on to be exciting. They are quite uneventful and quick appointments in the grand scheme of things. Don't worry though, labour and delivery are exciting enough to make up for it.

Yay baby deliveries!!

7. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: lol I'm sure you're right!

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: haha nope, but I'm not sure you want exciting and happening appointments! It's nice to just have a normal, uneventful pregnancy. Plus, as @getjazzy: said, labor and delivery MORE than make up for it.
    PS Yay for cloth diapers!

9. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Is anyone else sleeping, like, A LOT? This past Saturday, I woke up at 7:30AM, had breakfast and did some chores, then fell asleep at 10:30AM and slept until 4:30! And still managed to get a full 8-hours of sleep the night before and the night after! Just wondering if maybe I should mention it to my doctor before my next appointment (could it be a sign of low iron or something else?) or if this is completely normal... I mean, I know pregnancy makes you tired, but this seems a bit ridiculous!

10. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@autumnlove: good luck on your appointment!

@getjazzy: can't believe we're close enough to start scheduling dates for this! @buttermilk: I haven't decided on a crib yet or the glider... better get on that! excited for you!

@raspberries: I've had more energy for sure, but I've been sleeping really well lately. There's been a few nights when I didn't even have to get up to pee! Haha.

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@raspberries: that was definitely me in the first trimester, but I've been taking many less naps in the second!

@LauraBear: I know, so exciting! I told DH he is gonna have to pay me to not try and assemble it tonight. Lol!

12. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Major sweets cravings here. Dang heartburn has started. I dealt with it my last pregnancy and was hoping to avoid it this time. I'm also having swelling in my feet and lower legs.

Still really tired. Prenatal yoga is helping my aches and pains some.

Still stuck on naming this wee one. Our last name is very Eastern European and has a lot of constants including a "z" which leads to a "zoo" sound in the middle.

13. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@buttermilk: Second tri is so boring as far as the doc goes! Third Tri does get more "exciting" as more real things come up for discussion and you start to get a better idea of what's going on that night effect delivery.

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@raspberries: If I could I would!!!!! Zzzzzz!!!!

15. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Gah. I feel like the least grateful pregnant person ever. But this child is SO active, it's getting kind of annoying at time. I love baby movement, but could she just give me a half hour of peace please?

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Finally got DH to pay attention at the right time to see my belly moving. He accused me of doing it, but I can't make it twitch and move all weird like that!

17. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Torchwood: no, I feel you. The other day, I wanted to take a nap and the baby wouldn't stop kicking me. No nap.

I think I'm already getting rib pain...this is gonna be a long 15 weeks...

18. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kayakgirl73: Last night DH mentioned baking brownies and after he said it, I couldn't stop thinking about them until he made them. I even stayed up late waiting for them to finish baking, ate one and then went to sleep about 20 mins later . It was terrible but I actually could not help myself lol.

19. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Anyone else still not having much in the way of movement? I'm 22 weeks and I have felt an occasional flutter, that's it. No defined kicks or anything like that at all. I do have an anterior placenta so I know it might take a while but I wish he would move more!!!

Also, in the past 3 weeks I have gone from basically no belly (maybe a little lumpy/chunky) to PREGNANT BELLY. It's so weird!

20. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: I made chocolate muffins yesterday due to a sudden craving. Then I ate 5 of them. FIVE! At least not all at once, but even spread through the day, five chocolate muffins is too many!

21. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@getjazzy: That's great about the VBAC news! I just had a check-up on Tuesday with a NP in my practice that I"ve never seen. She was actually very supportive about me trying for a VBAC. My OB that I normally see is not, so I'm considering switching all of my appointments from here on out to this NP and her attending OB. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, though. I also had my glucose test and found out yesterday that I passed. Whew!

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: Yay for passing!! I failed last time and then failed the 3 hour, so I'm really hoping for a different outcome. I passed the one at 17 or so weeks, so hopefully! Mine's on 5/13.

@Mrs. Microscope: That sounds soooo good! Sweets are totally my thing this pregnancy (hence why I really don't want GD again haha ). I totally ate way too much mint chocolate chip ice cream last night!

23. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@MrsADS: I didn't feel much movement in my first pregnancy with an anterior placenta. I think you feel a lot more with a posterior placentca. First baby was also breech until 37 weeks and theis one filliped breech between 20 and 25 weeks so we'll see. Just please get off my bladder baby girl.

24. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: I had an anterior placenta last time, and I didn't feel a ton. It drove me nuts. And isn't it weird how the belly sort of appears out of nowhere?

25. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mrs. Microscope ugh I don't even want to think about how much I have eaten today. I was on track... had my Cheerios in the morning... then I got to work and someone brought me a HUGE strawberry cheesecake donut (which I ate). Then, we took our secretaries/paralegals out to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (which is like a salad/buffet place), so I had a huge plate of salad (yay, healthy), but then also pizza, mac and cheese, a muffin, and soft serve. I mean really. I will have to do better tomorrow...

26. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

So here's a crazy birth story...the family I nanny for had their third this morning. They left for the birth center at 10:15am and I got the text that baby girl had arrived at 12:45pm!
    She was a 4 with no membranes left when she went.

27. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

24 week appointment went great! I like the new OB and the nurses are great. Only gained 1.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks for a total of 14 so far, so right on track. I celebrated with 2 chocolate muffins when I got home! I plan to take a belly pic tomorrow to celebrate viability.

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: that's great, good for you!

29. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@OhCaptain: If we could only be so lucky!

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Oh my god I am so tired of using the bathroom every 10 fucking minutes!!!!!

31. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: Yup. Especially at night! Everyone says to be sure to go out to a movie before baby comes, but I don't want to pay to see a movie if I have to run to the bathroom to pee all the time. At home I can pause it!

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: lol! That's a good point. I'm definitely worse in the day bc I drink so much water working in this hot kitchen!

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: omg a movie was the most uncomfortable thing! Thor or Thor 2 came out on DS' due date and I promised DH that we'd go if the baby wasn't here...I could not sit that long! So much rib pain!

34. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@buttermilk: Ugh, I feel you. I swear I've been up once every hour to pee the last few nights. This morning I've also made several trips to the bathroom already. So inconvenient!

35. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

So many night trips to the bathroom! If I wake up and realize I was only up once to twice, I'm shocked!

36. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Now that we are all well over halfway there (!!!) anybody feel like doing an update?

How far along:

Total weight gain:

Stretch marks:

Names picked:

Nursery theme/progress:

Birth plan:

Are you taking classes:

How long are you taking off:

Baby shower plans:

Where did you register (or plan to register):

Milestones:

Struggles:

What are you most fearful/concerned about:

What are you most excited about:

What else is going on in your life (non-baby):

37. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I'll start!

How far along: 24w2d

Total weight gain: 11 pounds as of 21 Wks, I will get an update next week at the doc!

Stretch marks: Actually maybe just noticed some first ones today on the sides of my hips, but maybe they were always there?? Idk!

Names picked: Ramona June

Nursery theme/progress: Painted, cleared, got most of the big furniture - now it's just about decorating!

Birth plan: Natural med-free, midwife attended at a hospital 8 blocks from our house!

Are you taking classes: Yes! Taking a 6 week Hypnobabies course that starts end of May.

How long are you taking off: 12 weeks FMLA

Baby shower plans: One big one on June 14th in Philadelphia. It will be co-Ed and just a big fun baby party!

Where did you register (or plan to register): Babylist so I can add all the things from all the stores

Milestones: Viability!

Struggles: We are on a pretty tight budget preparing for my unpaid leave, thanks America!

What are you most fearful/concerned about: Being able to trust my husband to be my birth partner. I normally react pretty poorly to him in stressful situations, but we are both going to practice very hard with the Hypnobies course!

What are you most excited about: OMG I just keep thinking about my little baby girl and how much I love her already, and I cannot WAIT to know what that love feels like once she is here!

What else is going on in your life (non-baby): Umm, not much else! Preparing for baby is pretty much all I think about these days. I'm going to visit my mom & grandmother in 2 wknds, so I am very excited to have 4 generations of women in the same room!

38. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Um, wow I use a lot of exclamation points. Haha!

39. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

How far along:25+1
    Total weight gain:They tell me 17...I don't believe it!
    Stretch marks:just a few from last time. Nothing new.
    Names picked:none hahhaa
    Nursery theme/progress: baby 2 will take the nursery, but we're working on DS' room! It's going to be gray, navy and red (or green)
    Birth plan: medfree with a midwife again!
    Are you taking classes:nope, took Bradley last time.
    How long are you taking off: 10-12 weeks.
    Baby shower plans:none
    Where did you register (or plan to register): personal Amazon one
    Milestones: viability, lots of movement, glucose test ordered
    Struggles: dealing with my mom and the whole daycare thing
    What are you most fearful/concerned about: having two under two!
    What are you most excited about: having two under two!
    What else is going on in your life (non-baby): uhhhhh...it's almost the end of the school year! YAY

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: I'm literally walking out of school so I'll have to do mine later but I literally lol'd at your last line! We have 34 school days left! How about you?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee