Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: I haven't had them yet but have been reading to expect them soon! I think it's very normal from what I've heard.

2. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Well, my OB was examining me and actually felt my uterus contract, so I'm spending the next 20 minutes on a monitor.

3. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsADS: FX that you get the all clear and get to go home soon!

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsADS: At least your OB will know exactly what you were talking about - hope everything is normal and healthy!

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

How far along: 24w5d

Total weight gain: At least 15lbs+

Stretch marks: Nothing yet.

Names picked: DH and I are down to two good first/middle name pairings...unless I change my mind.

Nursery theme/progress: Painting (a mural!) is about 3/4 finished. Hoping to have that part done by the end of next week...then we have an IKEA trip planned for early June to buy furniture!

Birth plan: Hospital birth with a doula. Hoping to go med-free!

Are you taking classes: We have a 2-day Lamaze class planned for late June. The hospital also offers some classes, including a Daddy Bootcamp, that DH or I are planning on attending.

How long are you taking off: 14 weeks total (2 of which are before my EDD)

Baby shower plans: Umm...not really. I'm hoping to have a combination shower/sprinkle with my BFF who's due in July.

Where did you register (or plan to register): Amazon, Target

Milestones: Yay, viability!!!

Struggles: Very puffy ankles when I'm at work.

What are you most fearful/concerned about: Pre-term labor/birth. Worrying about worrying. Concern about how our dogs are going to adjust to LO.

What are you most excited about: Seeing DH with baby. Beach babymoon in mid-June. Baby snuggles.

What else is going on in your life (non-baby): Work! Going to see my nephew's 5th grade play next week.

6. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

I'm home - the monitor didn't show big contractions but a few little blips, I guess (?). So next I got a transvaginal ultrasound to check the length of my cervix. At my 20 week ultrasound it was 4.2 cm, today it was 3.7. My OB said that's still within the range of normal (and the cervix DOES shorten as the pregnancy progresses and the baby gets bigger), BUT she was a little concerned that it had shortened 0.5 cm in only 3 weeks.

So she wants to see me next week for another ultrasound and a fetal fibronectin test (apparently it is a vaginal swab and shows whether you are likely to go into preterm labor). She also wants me to take the rest of today off and take it easy, so that's what I'm doing.

So, I guess everything is probably okay but to be honest, my OB seemed kind of worried which made me worried. She's usually like, it's fine, no worries, but today is the first time I have seen her not like that. I asked her if I could fly home Memorial Day weekend for my shower and she said "right now, I would say no." But, she said she'd reevalute next week. AND I am supposed to go to Disney in 2 weeks for a few days... I didn't even ask her about that!

So, everyone please cross your fingers that this issue totally resolves!

7. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsADS: poor mama! Hopefully the cervix stabilizes and you are good to go!

For DisneyWorld you can always get one of the motorized wheelchairs! You gotta make it work!

Flying is up to your doc. Good luck! I will be thinking of you!

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsADS: Awww, good luck - crossing my fingers for you!

9. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsADS: Glad you didn't have any major issues - hope next week's check is even better. I really hope you can make it to Disney! Definitely get a wheelchair. I loathe going to Disney pregnant! Most importantly though take it easy and we'll be awaiting a good report!

10. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I was going to comment on your post about gas pains, just offering sympathy but saying that I hadn't had anything similar. But then early this morning, I almost had to call DH home from work because I was having so much stomach pain! I'm guessing Taco Bell at 9pm the night before was a bad idea. I'm actually really glad I know what labor feels like, because I think it would have freaked me out otherwise. It came and went at regular intervals similar to contractions. It was awful! So I hope neither of us have that again!

@MrsADS: Before I read your follow up, I was going to say that I started having BH's at 18 weeks last time, and 11 weeks this time, so you're definitely not very early for it. I get them throughout the day, all day, every day. Last time they regularly got down below 5 minutes apart. My doctors/midwives just said that some women just have a "contracty" uterus, so as long as there was no pain or signs of labor (like loss of mucous plug or water breaking, etc) to not worry about it much. I'm supposed to get off my feet and drink a lot of water if they get bad. Now I'm curious what about yours were enough to make your doctor concerned in the first place. Maybe the not responding to hydration and rest? It is normal for them to be worse when you need to pee, since the bladder is right up against the uterus. Anyway, I hope everything resolves itself and you're able to do everything you have planned! Stay in there baby!

11. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Torchwood that makes me feel better! I hope they are just BH. I think my OB was a little concerned because my cervical length (although still normal) shortened perhaps a bit more than it should have in 3 weeks, and because the contractions seem unrelated to resting/hydration. Like for example, since I was at the doctor this morning, I have been at home mostly lying on the couch with my feet up and I have probably still had 6-7 of them. I was really active all weekend, did a ton of walking and was on my feet, and didn't have any! So, I don't know. It's probably just BH or an irritable uterus, like you have. Although my OB said that if I have an irritable uterus now and I'm prone to contractions now, it can cause preterm labor down the road.

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: I'm really hoping my tendency to have a ton of BH's will make for a shorter labor in the end. The induction part of the termination last time went almost too well (they had to give me drugs to stop contractions the night before, and had to turn the pitocin all the way down almost immediately once they started it), so that gives me hope for a short labor this time. So maybe it will work out that way for both of us!

13. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: damn Taco Bell!

Had a midwife check in today. I'm up 16-17 lbs total at 25 Wks. I guess that's ok right? I was hoping it would be a little lower than that. Maybe I should cut out my nightly ice cream!! The horror!!

14. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk I am up 16 lbs at 23 weeks so don't feel bad!! My OB hasn't said a word to me either!

@Torchwood I also forgot to mention that my mom had an incompetent cervix/preterm labor with my sister and had her at 28 weeks, so I think family history may be another reason for my OB's concern.

15. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsADS: Thinking of you! Hope your appointment next week goes even better!

16. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I don't know whether to be worried or not. It seems weird I've gone from NO contractions (or *maybe* one or two over the past week or so), to today, in the past 8 hours I'd say I've had about 13-16. Not a ton but still seems weird to me.

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsADS: How scary. I've had friends who have had pre-term labor and it's definitely one of my biggest fears at this point. I'm glad your doctor is keeping an eye on you and I hope those contractions go away soon. Thinking of you!!

18. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

Hi ladies, is it ok if I join even though I'm quite late to the party? I've been reading the boards for a little while but haven't gotten around to making any posts until now!
    I'm a high school teacher, 30 years old, from Australia. This is my first and I'm due on August 26.

How far along: 23w
    Total weight gain: I have no idea, we don't have a scale!
    Stretch marks:None yet
    Names picked: still haven't picked any! We do have a middle name though.
    Nursery theme/progress: I'm thinking of going with a blue and grey theme but haven't actually started on it yet.
    Birth plan: Mostly go with the flow, although I'd like to keep it as natural as possible.
    Are you taking classes: We will take some classes soon, I am just waiting on the booking form from my hospital.
    How long are you taking off: 1 year. My maternity leave starts when I'm about 32 weeks because I'm a teacher and I h ave to finish at the end of semester. It won't be full pay for the whole year but I will have a sufficient replacement with my work maternity leave scheme plus the government family leave scheme here.
    Baby shower plans: My friends have planned it for 19 July and the theme is a surprise! I'm excited
    Where did you register (or plan to register): I won't register, I'm not sure if that's a thing here?
    Milestones: I'm just super pleased to be in the second trimester and have the anatomy scan come back all clear, especially because I had to have a repeat NTS and screening for toxo, parvo and CMV.
    Struggles: I can't bend over anymore to pick things up off the floor! I get nosebleeds now too, from time to time, which I have never had.
    What are you most fearful/concerned about: early labour, and not being able to breastfeed successfully. There's no indication that I won't be able to, but I just know it's not uncommon and I really want to be able to!
    What are you most excited about: Cuddling my newborn and settling into our new routine together at home.
    What else is going on in your life (non-baby): We just moved house 2 weeks ago - so hectic!

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kitty: welcome! I teach HS too!

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsADS: I hope things are better today!

21. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: fingers crossed for you lady! Just take it easy

22. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kitty: welcome!! nice to have a new face!

23. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@kitty: Welcome! What do you teach?

24. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@MrsADS: Crossing my fingers for you! I really hope you get to fly home for your shower.

@kitty: Welcome!

25. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@kitty: welcome!

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@kitty: welcome! We need more boys in the lineup

27. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kitty: Welcome!!

28. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsADS: I hope your next appointment goes well, and you'll get to go on your trips.

@kitty: Welcome!

29. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

@FliegepilzHut: I teach English and Art

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

So extra exhausted this week. Maybe baby is having a growth spurt! Anybody have fun weekend plans? There are a few food festivals in Philly this weekend which I hope to hit up. Also gonna work on the nursery a bit!

31. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: I am so sleepy too! Growth spurts.

25wks and 105 days to go!

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

So I just had a great (routine) appointment. It's so fun not having an anterior placenta! They were checking Izzie's heartbeat with the doppler and she kicked it until he moved it!!! So fun to feel AND hear it. And the best news... turns out I've lost about 10 lbs since my first appt! I was for sure that I had gained almost that much. Which really only tells us that I was way fatter than I thought, haha. I do wish I started this pregnancy where I was last pregnancy (40 less) but it's nice that I'm not gaining like I did last time!

33. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: awesome! I thought you were looking leaner in your bump pics! Nice to turn the weight into a healthy baby!

34. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk meee! I'm exhausted this week. And last week, and the week before that, LOL. I just feel like my sleep needs are a lot higher being pregnant and a regular day at work exhausts me way more than normal. That whole growing a human thing!

My contractions were somewhat better yesterday, but this morning they have picked up again. I've had maybe 7 in a little less than 2 hours. Not awful I guess, so trying not to worry.

35. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

How far along: 27 weeks exactly today
    Total weight gain: 15 pounds I think
    Stretch marks: No new ones, but I've had some since I was a teen.
    Names picked: We have a middle name, my husband's grandma's name but no first name yet.
    Nursery theme/progress: Just recycling LO number's 1 nursey, Need to get cracking on LO 1's big girsl room.
    Birth plan: Epi, probably an induction since I'm over 40 they won't let me go past 40 weeks.
    Are you taking classes: no
    How long are you taking off: 16 weeks
    Baby shower plans: none -- second baby
    Where did you register (or plan to register): Amazon, probably Buy Buy Buy and Babies r us for completion discounts.
    Milestones: Viability
    Struggles: Heartburn and reflux plus hip pain and tiredness.
    What are you most fearful/concerned about: Dealing with a toddler and a newborn.
    What are you most excited about: not being prego after the baby comes.
    What else is going on in your life (non-baby): We are trying to help my Mother in Law empty her parents house and put it up for sale.

36. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

I'm so irritated with my OB's office. When I saw her on Tuesday with the contractions, she said she wanted me to call before the weekend so she could see me if I felt like it was getting worse (I do have a follow up appt scheduled next week).

Well, I called this morning because I was having a lot more, plus some achiness/crampy feeling in my back and really low down in the front. No one ever called me back. I just now called and the secretary who answered said "Oh yeah, I talked to the nurse, she said just keep your appointment next week. And you're not having contractions, you're only 21 weeks [I'm actually 23]. You can't believe everything you read on the internet."

WTF!!!! I don't know if the secretary even ASKED the nurse. I am pretty sure my OB would have wanted to see me. I wish I had been more aggressive, instead I just got off the phone and started crying. Thankfully the contractions have been a little better in the last hour or two so maybe things are calming down. I feel like now my only option if things get bad is to go to the hospital. And my husband is out of town until next week so I'd have to go alone. Bahhh. Sorry for venting. Just so frustrating!

37. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsADS: That's horrible! I would've called back and said that my OB SPECIFICALLY said to call back to make an appointment sooner...and then demanded to speak with the nurse! I hope things continue to feel better...if not, maybe call the after-hours line?

38. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: Wtf? I would be VERY impolite about that receptionist next time I talk to the doctor. Hope you don't have to go to the hospital!

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: omg!!! what a nasty nurse!! I'm sorry they made you cry and I really hope you continue to feel better! Hugs!

40. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Thanks all, I am feeling better My OB will DEFINITELY be hearing about it at my appointment next week!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee