Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

60! Crazy

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: 65 days, but less than that because I'll be scheduling my RCS sometime in the 39th week crazy!!

3. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Days! And I'm officially freaking out! Where is she going to sleep?? Where am I going to put her clothes??? WHAT IS HER NAME GOING TO BE?!
    then, when I'm more rational, I know that all she really needs is everything we already have, it all just needs to be cleaned and gotten out. Worst case scenario she gets a drawer in big brothers dresser and sleeps in the pack n play or rock n play in our room.

4. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

70! Breast pump and rocker recliner delivery for tomorrow, baby shower next week, birth class the week after, purchasing the immediate necessary items... So much to do, but I feel like it's plenty of time!

Can't wait to meet her!

5. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

66 days for me! Baby will be hear very soon, and I still feel like I have a ton to do.

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I know yall it's crazy how not far away 68 days is. Plus, not at all thinking I WILL go early, but if I did - I mean she could be here next month! WTF!?

Our shower is next wknd, then I'm going full force buying everything else we need for her and putting finishing touches on the nursery. Hoping to spend the majority of July eating ice cream in my underwear in the air conditioning 24/7.

7. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@buttermilk: Haha, I'm with you on eating icecream in my underwear. It gets super hot where I am, so I don't know how well I will handle the heat.

I had an appointment today, and everything is looking great! Surprisingly I didn't gain any weight the last two weeks. It must be all the walking I'm doing!

I'm leaving for NYC tomorrow with hubby, and I'm so excited! This is our anniversary trip, and we're leaving our son with his grandparents. This will probably be the last big trip for us for a while, since I'm almost 31 weeks. My doctor doesn't allow flying after 35 weeks, so I'm almost to the cutoff. I have a note with my due date on it in case the airline tries to hassle me.

8. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Totally random, but it's so strange to me how varied pregnancy can be. Looking around at my birth class last night, you would never be able to guess who is due the soonest based on size. The chic who is HUGE (has got to be getting a ton of "are you sure it's not twins" and "you're about to pop") is only second farthest along, and the chic who is due in 3 weeks is about the third biggest, maybe not even that. I mean, given how varied human bodies are, it's not shocking, it's just really interesting.

9. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

I'm so done with pregnancy but not ready for the baby at all. Crazy.

10. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Torchwood: My yoga class is the same!! One girl showed up and sitting in the waiting area she told me she was nervous that she started the classes too early and that people were going to judge her for not being far enough along. I thought she looked like.. 16 weeks or so but then she told me she was 28 weeks which was the exact same as me! I was like omg I'm definitely the size of a house.

With my last I measured ahead the whole time and LO didn't weigh a crazy amount (8lbs5oz) but he was a full 22" long, which is why I looked and measured so big. My torso is short so the only place baby could go was OUT. This baby is measuring right on every week so she will likely be a shorty like me haha.

11. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

We got DS moved in to his big boy room last week and he did AMAZING transitioning to a big bed and new room. He never gets up, just waits for us to come to him in the morning and he has slept through the night since day 1 in there which was my big worry (hello! I already get up in the night enough because of peeing and soreness) so now that the nursery has been freed up, I've been able to start getting it ready for baby girl. I have the day off today because I saw the OB this morning so in spending the afternoon putting away the baby clothes I've washed so far. Exciting! I loved this part of prep with DS.

OB said everything is great. Measuring right on, my weight is perfect, blood pressure is great, nothing too eventful to report. She told me at a previous appointment that my weight gain last time deserved a gold star lol (it was a total of 20lbs) and she wants me to do the same this time. I honestly didn't do anything special, I ate what I wanted and that's just what happened naturally. I find in the later end of my pregnancy MY body tends to get thinner (carrying around this bowling ball maybe? Lol) so the weight I gain from baby tends to cancel that out and I don't gain too much. We'll see though. I'm already at 17lbs gained and I'm 31w 3d so I don't know that I will stick to the 20lbs. I eat too much junk food this time around because with a toddler, ain't nobody got energy to cook proper meals too often

12. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

79 days!

How long does it take you guys to get GD results? I had my test on Friday and haven't heard!

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: I would call and ask? They should have it!

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

61 days! Eeek!!!!

The heartburn is killing me.

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. J: I've checked our portal every day! Just checked- nada! Maybe I'll call. UGH.

16. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

69 days!!

Had an appointment on Monday and everything is looking good. Measuring slightly ahead of schedule and OB said baby sitting pretty low already. Feel like I have a ton of things to do at home before August and weekends are filling up so I'm starting to panic a little. Hope to make some progress on that to-do list soon.

17. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

84 days for me!!

I've started wearing flip flops or sneakers to work my feet just hurt!! I work at a college so nobody better pick on me about it

18. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mrs. microscope: @mrs. scientist: @buttermilk: thanks for the tips! Submitted the info through Aeroflow but they already got back to me and let me know it doesn't work with my insurance. And my insurance let me know that you actually have to give birth before we can order the breast pump. silly but oh well! At least the pump is covered, I guess!

19. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: mine weren't popping up online either, but when I went to my next appt they had the results, so I would call!

20. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

56 days to go! So so crazy!

Had midwife app today, tummy is measuring perfect, found out I passed my glucose test with flying colors! Had my whooping cough vaccine this morning so have a sore arm at the moment. Midwife appointments are now every 2 weeks until 36 weeks when they become weekly so this half of pregnancy is going so fast!
    Starting to worry about packing my hospital bag eeek!

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@buttermilk: I did call and nada. They're open til I think 1 or 2 today so I'm going to call around noon again. She said "try tomorrow or else it will be Monday." I think that's an awfully long time and I'm a little peeved!

22. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: good for you for being an advocate for yourself!

I had some contractions this morning! I think they were directly related to dehydration. I walked in the gym and they started. I was really tempted to "work through them" but I didn't. I drank 1.5 bottles of water and did some light stretches. It was sort of a reality check for me! The end of pregnancy is near!

23. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@OhCaptain: Good call on not pushing too hard.

Speaking of, you know what I'm really looking forward to? Reaching a point where all this obsessive watching for signs of labor stops being fearful, and starts being hopeful. I can't wait for, "was that a real contraction?" to be exciting, not scary.

24. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: yes! I don't want to worry about my bh contractions! Whenever I get a strong one and I pause, DH's eyes get big and he asks how I'm doing! So ready for them to be exciting and to bust out the contraction timer app! 7 more weeks until I'm okay with that though!

25. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

60 days left here. My son was born a little less than 3 weeks early so if this pregnancy is the same I could end up giving birth in 5 and a half weeks from now!! Eek! The end is very near!

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: of course I call back and they're not in, and they said "it could be two weeks depending on how the lab is running." Ok then why tell me 3-5 days? Ugh. At least this is more ME related than baby's direct health. If this was something for her I would be freaking out even more. I feel so awful a lot that I was concerned about GD but my OB isn't concerned at all since I've lost weight. I have no idea if that matters or not but I'll just enjoy my ice cream now just in case....

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I'm feeling conflicted because I don't want to talk about this, but I kind of feel like I have to, but we've had a really really bad week. Our nanny, who has been with us since LO was 6 weeks (she's almost 20 months) is quitting in July, as she is moving to another state. We are devastated, but mostly due to the timing. (We also were a little personally hurt since she had said stuff when her husband interviewed about how she wouldn't go if he got a job in other states, etc. I understand why she has to but I wish she had given us more of a heads up, since we've planned a lot- including having another kid and where we live!!! - around having her to nanny.) We have no other child care and no family in the state or close by at all, so we have no one (potentially) to watch our daughter when I have #2. I also cannot fathom finding someone new and trusting them, let alone trusting them with a newborn while also watching our Todzilla of a daughter, while barely knowing them. We also have a very unique schedule which makes finding child care incredibly challenging. My husband works PM/weekends so we need afternoon child care, and the days of the week vary. Which is infuriatingly hard to find someone or some place to cover it- and if we went FT somewhere he would literally never see his kids. I found a good preschool but we can't enroll her until she's 2 (Oct 15.) I was so upset when she told me that my husband had to leave work. It has been a very challenging time for us and extremely stressful. It makes me jealous of SAHM's, people with family caretakers, and even parents who both have a 9-5 job and can utilize traditional daycare.

On the plus side, my husband just got a promotion yesterday that he's been trying for for a year. It is definitely the sun on our cloudy day right now. It's not official until announced (so if you know me off HB, don't say anything, LOL?) but it was definitely a welcome bright spot right now.

Any of you want to move to Orlando and just be our nanny so I don't have to go through the awful process AGAIN? hah!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: Hugs! Congratulations for your husband's promotion though! Take some deep breaths and I am willing to bet you will find a solution in the next 8 weeks!

29. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@kjpugs: We're losing our home daycare that we've had for over two years. She going to retire and they are selling there house and downsizing,

Off to my growth scan in about 30 minutes.

30. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@kayakgirl73: worst. feeling. ever. did you get any notice?

31. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@kjpugs: a little bit but I still don't know her exact ladt day. Hopefully after my due date.

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Omg guys... There's a July L&D board

33. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@getjazzy: I can't believe it!! I feel like I have so much to do. Although we did check off one major thing off the to do list- clear out the closet in the nursery. So that's good at least!

34. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@kjpugs: thinking of you. I can't imagine how stressful that is. If our nanny left, I'd be a mess!

35. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@abmamma: Feeling behind the 8 ball too! Can't believe my time of being a fam of 3 is almost done!

36. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Can I just say "hats off" to you southern mamas? It's only 76 with 40% humidity and I am sooooo hotttttt!

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@OhCaptain: Haha it's 85 here with 70% humidity right now and I'm melting! We just took a walk with LO and I'm now currently laying on the floor trying to cool off!

38. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@lilteacherbee: i grew up in the desert (nevada) my body does not compute humidity.

39. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

We are at 77 and 79% humidity today. Might get up to 80s. And we aren't southern at all!

40. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: yes, I realized after I typed that what I really meant to say was anyone east of the Rockies, and in parts of the west coast. Haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee