Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: " I know in a few weeks we'll probably regret not enjoying the easy days..." - YES! Last time, my morning sickness started at week 6, so I feel like I'm just waiting for it to arrive now. One more week, ha.

2. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

EDD: August 5 based on LMP

First child? Nope, #2

Any symptoms? Feeling nauseous all day and threw up last night after taking one bite of dinner. I was pretty sick with #1 so dreading the next few months.

Who have you told? husband, best friend and both sets of parents.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Looking forward to first apt and dating u/s on the 23rd.

3. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@KNS: Congrats!!

4. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

I'm just sitting here now realizing I forgot how sore my boobs were with LO1. I can't remember when that goes away ... it's horrible!

5. MrsD2442

cherry / 111 posts

@KNS: congrats!!!

6. nolababy

pea / 5 posts

Hi Ladies!
    New to the hellobee board but excited to be here!
    EDD: August 17
    Second baby
    Symptoms: just some cramping, but it's very early 😉

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism his summer and would love to hear if anyone has managed theirs through a pregnancy?

7. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

cautiously stepping in here!

EDD: August 16th

First child? #3!! (Yikes!)

Any symptoms? Gagging while brushing teeth, some cramping

Who have you told? Just DH

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I feel like I'm over analyzing everything because I had a chemical in Sept & am worried about that. Anyone have symptoms that come & go? I had really sore boobs for a couple days but today they feel fine. Ugh!! Trying (!) to stay optimistic & happy to be here!

8. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@nolababy: Welcome!! One of my best friends was diagnosed with hypothyroidism before getting pregnant. Her pregnancy was totally normal, but baby was born at 37 weeks (healthy though, and huge).

@MommySLP: Fingers crossed!! I have the same fears ... I was definitely nauseous by now with my last pregnancy, and I'm not with this one. Symptom spotting is annoying, but I think natural.

9. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@nolababy @kns: welcome!

@mommyslp: my boobs are alternately very tender, and then not tender at all. I actually think it has to do with my activity level - when I'm up and about all day and they are bouncing around, they are more sore. But I hear you - this has been a source of worry and stress for me too so far. I'm 5 weeks today and STILL have not stopped POAS just to make sure the line is still getting darker!

10. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@KNS: @MommySLP: @nolababy: congratulations ladies! It's so fun to watch the group grow!

How is everyone feeling? My symptoms come and go a bit, mostly nausea and being tired (I already took a nap today and I'm already ready to go to bed!) Still peeing on sticks, mostly when it's been a few hours of feeling normal!

Have you guys scheduled first appointments? Maybe we can add dates to our roll call so we can check in on each other. This reminds me I need to reschedule mine!

11. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Cole: my symptoms definitely come & go too. I took a digital which came up "pregnant" & my last frer, which also showed a dark second line quickly. For the most part I feel pretty normal though. Trying just to stay positive! My first appointment is Dec 22---it will just be with the nurse practitioner, so not anticipating anything much other than confirmation & blood work.

12. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

Aug 3 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 5 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2)
    Aug 8 - LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2)

Appts
    Dec 16 Cole
    Dec 22 MommySLP

13. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: I finally have sore boobs! I'm excited because I never had symptoms other than food aversions with my miscarriage.

My symptoms definitely come and go too though I'm fighting a cold this week so I'm extra exhausted. And DH is busy all week/weekend with holiday work stuff so I'm solo parenting the toddler a lot. After she goes to bed it's actually kind of relaxing having the house to myself, though, so I'm embracing that.

My first appointment is tomorrow, actually, but it's just a confirmation of pregnancy visit. I wanted to skip it since I just went over all the info back in September but I know they won't schedule a dating ultrasound without a first visit.

14. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@peachykeen: I totally get it about the sore boobs thing. I was totally excited when I almost vomited in the grocery store the other day because I never got to that point last time. Good luck at your appointment this morning, it does seem funny that they have you come in for that, around here it's rare that they will even see you for a 6 week appointment.

15. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: Yea it was a really quick appointment, but it did make me feel a little better to talk to the doctor about whether I should be doing anything differently. And I got my ultrasound scheduled for Dec 23, so I just need to keep myself distracted for the next 2 weeks!

I haven't really had any nausea yet but I don't think it started until about 6 weeks with DD and didn't get bad until later. Sounds promising that you're already feeling sick! I remember how hard grocery shopping was the first time around!

16. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Cole: I now have nausea throughout the day. Somewhat comes and goes. Is way better if I am full, but I don't find myself wanting to eat foods or drink anything...

I had an early ultrasound today and the lady showed me the tiny flickering heartbeat!!! I'm 6+1, so good luck to any one else getting an early scan. It was amazing.

17. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Petitduck: yay! Such exciting news! I'm sorry you're feeling sick, the whole symptoms thing is so weird-you hate to feel miserable but it's so nerve wracking to feel fine.

@peachykeen: I'm glad it went well and that they can get you in before Christmas.

I'm 5 weeks today and started with very light brown spotting. It happened with my daughter too on the same day no less so hopefully it's fine but I'm so anxious after having had a miscarriage last time.

18. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Cole: thank you!

Sorry about the spotting. Hopefully it passes soon. That's why I was in for hcg draws and had two early ultrasounds. Spoiler: they can see nothing at 4 weeks usually and that causes more anxiety even though it's normal! Anyway, I know spotting is normal in pregnancy often, but that would be scarier with a past miscarriage. Sending you good vibes.

19. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Petitduck: That's awesome that you got to see the heartbeat! I've been so torn on wanting an ultrasound as early as possible and being afraid that it would be too early and stress me out. I scheduled mine for 7 weeks exactly so I think I'm safe, but it's going to be hard to wait!

@Cole: I'm sorry you're spotting. I'm glad you have that history with your daughter but I also know how stressful it can be regardless. I seriously check my TP every time I pee and often need to go to the bathroom to check if I feel any discharge. I'm hoping that anxiety/paranoia goes away over time.

On the other hand, ANYTHING that happened with my successful pregnancy I'm taking as a good sign, so I hope it's the same for you!

20. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@peachykeen: I know it could have gone the other way and still been normal and then I would have been super stressed out. My app said a few days ago that the heart likely started beating. My originally scan was meant to be Tuesday but I called to reschedule it to this afternoon to give baby a few more days to get bigger/hope to see a heartbeat. I'm sure you'll be good to go for 7 weeks!

I'm also an OCD tp checker. It's awful. I did in my last pregnancy. Probably for way too long...it's nice to have people to admit these embarrassing pregnancy things to.

21. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Petitduck: Ahhhh! So exciting you saw a heartbeat!! I scheduled my u/s for 7/27 - I think I'll be 7w3d (same as I was with my LO1).

@Cole: Hoping the spotting isn't giving you too much worry. I know how that feels, but I'm glad you have the perspective of it happening before with a healthy pregnancy.

@peachykeen: I totally check the TP each time too!! With a past m/c (and finding out when going to the bathroom), I'm permanently paranoid too.

22. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Petitduck: that is so exciting!! I bet it helped you relax a little bit!!

I am so exhausted---keeping up with 2 and working full time is going to prove difficult this pregnancy I think! Luckily DH is super helpful and we have grandparent help, but whew! Yay for Friday!!

23. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@MommySLP: The exhaustion is real!!

I had my first bought of "morning sickness" today. It lingered through the afternoon, then I got hit with a wave of fatigue. The 2nd trimester is looking mighty fine!

24. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

Posting cautiously as well as in shock..

EDD: 8/17/17 on LMP
    First child? #2
    Any symptoms? Bigger and sore boobs
    Who have you told? husband
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I honestly can't believe it. We had to do IVF with #1 and decided to try for #2 for 6 months before we went back to our fertility doctor. This was Month 2 of tryint naturally. I never thought I would have the opportunity to just take a pregnancy test after being a couple days late and have it be positive! Trying to stay positive myself..

25. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@MommySLP: @littlejoy: I stayed up a few hours past bedtime tonight and felt so tired that it was like I was drunk and then started to feel nauseous because I am so tired...

@Mrs.Pinecone316: that's exciting. Congratulations!

26. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Congratulations and welcome! What a great surprise!

27. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: What a wonderful surprise!!

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Aug 3 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 5 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2)
    Aug 8 - LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)

Appts:
    Dec 16 Cole
    Dec 22 MommySLP
    Dec 23 PeachyKeen
    Dec 27? LittleJoy

29. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@cole: has your spotting stopped yet?

@petitduck: that is so WONDERFUL about the heartbeat! I have my first ultrasound at 7.5 weeks. We're leaving right afterward for a month long trip to Europe so I am really hoping we'll hear our heartbeat too. It will certainly make the trip more enjoyable to be reassured everything is fine before we leave.

@Mrs.Pinecone316: welcome!!

@peachykeen: My first OB appointment is 12/23. Woo!!!

30. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Mrs. Blush: ugh, it did but then started again today. Still crazy light but it's hard to shake the feeling that something is wrong. I am 6 weeks Friday which is when I started getting sick with my daughter so I kind of have it in my head that Friday is doomsday- either I start vomiting or I get bad news at the ultrasound so I'm half hoping the week goes slowly and half of me just wants to know.

@Mrs.Pinecone316: welcome! What a fun surprise, I know fertility treatments can be brutal.

31. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Mrs. Blush: thank you. Although now it was so early I go to "it was so early and now I won't see the baby again forever and what if something is going wrong now etc". Last time I had a scan at 8+6. Anyway I'm going to do the 12 week scan this time which I didn't do last time so I'm counting down to that even though it's not booked yet.

I'm sure you'll see the heartbeat for sure for then. Not sure about hearing it because I don't exactly know how that works and have read it's hard when it's early. At my 8+6 one the tech just said there was a heartbeat and that was it. I didn't hear it until my midwife used a Doppler at 15 weeks and then again at my 20 week scan. Where are you going in Europe?! That's exciting.

32. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@petitduck: I guess I didn't realize there was a difference between seeing and hearing the heartbeat, lol! That makes sense, I have just never read about it before and didn't stop to think that when you said you "saw" it that's exactly what you meant! I learn something new everyday about pregnancy.

We're going to Germany, Switzerland and Italy. Can't wait! I haven't had morning sickness yet, but have very slowly been feeling just a touch more nauseous each day, so I am hoping it doesn't get too bad on the trip since we'll be doing quite a bit of sightseeing.

@cole: (I know you know this but) bleeding apparently can be super normal at this stage. There's a high likelihood that it's absolutely nothing to worry about. I hope that it stops soon, but even if it doesn't by this weekend you'll probably be reassured when you have a totally normal ultrasound

33. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Blush: Sounds like a fun trip! Hopefully having a whole month will give you time to rest and enjoy your trip as well. DH and I did several countries in Europe at 26-28 weeks pregnant with my first (which was fun, but pushing it a little bit!) so we've scheduled a more laidback trip to Portugal around 21-22 weeks in April.

I think I've officially lost my appetite. I'm feeling my first day of constant low-level nausea as well. With my 1st LO, eating carbs seemed to help but so far it hasn't seemed to make a difference today.

34. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

EDD: 8/25/2017 based on my chart- I have longish irregular cycles
    First child? #2
    Any symptoms? Feeling like complete crap even though it's so early - think it may actually be a cold though.
    Who have you told? Just my husband
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Took us a little while to get here - about 9 months - and I had just started meeting with an RE because of my age so this is.... interesting. Kind of having that holy shit feeling of what have we done, even though this is very much wanted. Looking forward to scheduling a dating ultrasound.

Congrats to everyone else. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

35. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I'm super cautiously joining! I just had a super early MC (5-6 weeks) last month and it was recommended to wait a cycle before trying again....oops!

EDD: August 18

First child? Nope! 2nd

Any symptoms? No, but I didn't last time, either.

Who have you told? Just DH, my Sept 2013 mamas and WB/HB

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Nervous about losing the baby. I'm excited to see my LO be a big brother!

36. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: Congrats & welcome!!!

@Cole: Thinking of you!! I can't shake the "I was nauseous by now with my first, and I'm not yet this time" thought too. Sigh.

@Mrs. Blush: I hope your trip is amazing!

37. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@pmerr: Welcome!! Hoping this is a sticky baby!!! I know that fear of pregnancy after a previous m/c ... it's hard!

38. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@littlejoy: Yeah, our first was a first try baby, and then last month was our first try for this round, but lost that one at just over 5 weeks. We were supposed to wait a cycle, but I wasn't tracking anything! oops!

39. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@revel: welcome!

40. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

@pmerr: yay! Welcome.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee