Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: exciting! I forgot we have the same due date, and sounds like your body is getting ready, hopefully means a smooth induction for you.

With DD I lost my plug all at once and my water broke 24 hrs later, no guarantee this time would be same but needless to say I've been anxiously watching for signs! So far nothing other than my bh being more intense and crampy in the evenings the last maybe 5 days or so.

Hope you can get some relaxation in before friday, I'll be thinking about you!

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I lost my plug at 35 weeks. Still pregnant today at 38+6.

Induction tomorrow!.I've been an emotional wreck since Saturday, over just about everything. Ready to be done!

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

He's here! I don't know why I bother wondering if I'll need an epidural. My labors do not go that way! 3.5 hours! I was pushy as we walked up to the front desk. 😬😳

No name yet, we really need to get on it! 8lb9oz, 20 3/4 inches. I'm really glad he didn't stay in and get bigger. 😄 (Cross posted)

4. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: the first time I lost mine at 37 weeks and was induced after my due date. I wish it meant something definitive!

@Torchwood: congratulations!

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

10 hours into induction! Things are starting to pick up. Baby tonight or tomorrow. No fb on my phone, but I will check in here. So excited!

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @Mrs. Microscope: good luck with your inductions!

I'm 40 weeks today and haven't made any progress since last week. I'm so disappointed. Baby looks great so my OB doesn't want to induce until 41 weeks. Trying to stay positive even though I feel so bummed!

7. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Microscope: good luck!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

He's here! Baby boy born at 7:46pm, 6lbs. 8oz. So in love. Crazy fast labor once we got the epidural

9. Mrs. Pencil

blogger / apricot / 335 posts

Wow congrats everyone on your precious babies!

38 weeks + 2 days here... Am so uncomfortable but I'm going to just hang in there. I was 3 cm dilated at the OB office and my doc seemed fine to induce at anytime. (So weird how each doctor is really liberal or conservative with inducing!) I was so tempted to be induced next week at 39 weeks but read all these articles about the benefits of keeping baby in.

Good luck everyone!! I'm so ready to meet baby #2!

10. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: congrats!!!

11. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: congrats!!!

@MommySLP: @Mrs. Pencil: i feel you guys. 39 weeks tomorrow and feels like no end in sight! I am feeling particularly gigantic and uncomfortable the last few days too.

12. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

So after that post this morning, having light contractions around 10-12 mins apart and tiny bit of pink spotting, feels like maybe something is happening? With dd i think i had more spotting and then my water broke like 24+ hrs later. Also my doula gets back from vacation tomorrow and I'd love to have her and not her backup for my labor!

13. Mrs. Pickle

@Revel: I hope this is it for you!

14. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thank you! I think this is it just taking a while to get started. Contractions through the night and almost no sleep but not getting regular or closer together, although intensity is picking up this am.

Good luck today! It's your induction?

15. Mrs. Pickle

@Revel: it was supposed to be, but it got pushed until tomorrow. The hospital is really busy!

16. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: bummer! My practice said August and September are their busiest months

17. Mrs. Pickle

@Revel: I bet it has to do with people have time off and lots of wine around the holidays. 😬

18. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

So that was the real deal for me yesterday! Sort of cross post from the FB group He arrived last night, Augist 18, after a long, non textbook early labor at home followed by precipitous delivery at the hospital. So happy he's here and that we're all healthy!

My contractions never really go close together but thank god we went to the hospital when we did, i went from 5 to 10 cm in one hour and he was out within 10 mins of my water breaking! I was totally asking for an epidural in the worst part of transition right before water broke and it was time to push, but too late obviously....

19. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Revel: congrats!!! If only all my whining would land me a baby 😛

20. hellocupcake

persimmon / 1171 posts

@Revel: congratulations!!

@Mrs. Pickle: good luck!!

39 weeks over here and trying to walk my way into labor but nothing happening!!

21. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: soon I hope!

@hellocupcake: thank you!

@Mrs. Pickle: hope all is well with your induction!

22. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Revel: congrats!!!

23. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

How is everyone holding up? Thinking of all the still pregnant mamas

We're doing decent at home, took a while for my milk to come in but now that it's here baby seems more content and is gaining weight. I'm mostly struggling with emotions around my older daughter, not being able to do all the things I usually do for and with her. Trying to remember this too shall pass.

24. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Revel: I'm not sure how many of us are left! I am 41 weeks today. I really cannot believe I am still pregnant! I have a NST and OB apt this afternoon. I'm hoping to be induced in the next couple days. Trying to not be disappointed that t hasn't happened on its own, apparently this little girl is quite comfortable!

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@MommySLP: I'm still here (although technically not due yet). One week to go until my c-section, although my BP was up at my visit today and I have to go back for a second check this afternoon.

@Revel: I'm really curious as to how my DD will deal with me not being able to do stuff. I've been pretty good lately saying I can't get on the floor to play etc so hopefully that tempers her expectations.

26. Mrs. Pickle

DD2 is 4 days old now. She's a big baby and delivery was a little tough. She had her first pediatrician appointment today and is almost back to birth weight. She's a little bit jaundiced so we have to take her back on Friday for another bilirubin test.

DD1 is handling everything pretty well. She doesn't like it when I'm nursing the baby and will try to climb on me. She said her first sentence when we got home from the hospital. "That's the baby." 💗

27. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: That's awesome that she's back to birth weight so soon! Our LO took a little over 2 weeks but she's gaining well now.

DD2 turned 1 month yesterday - hard to believe! She's gained 1 lb 4 oz over her birth weight but weird to think she's only 2 oz more than DD1's birth weight. She's finally giving me some sleep at night. We had several nights of waking every hour or so but she's slept 5-6 hour stretches the last 4 nights. Hope it lasts! I'm finally starting to feel human again

Thinking about those of you still waiting on your babes - hope they come quickly and easily!

28. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: wow! well you'll have your baby soon one way or another. When did your first arrive in relation to due date?

@Banana330: @Mrs. Pickle: i think mostly I am being a hormonal mess about it and DD is handling it ok 🙄. Bedtime is hardest because we're all exhausted by then and it's hard for everyone to be patient and she doesn't take to having daddy do everything every night. We've only been home together a few night so I know this will get better.

@peachykeen: that sleep sounds awesome!

29. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: DD1 was a mess of emotions/tears for the first few days after we came home with baby - I think she was really just overwhelmed with the change and family visiting. Things calmed down considerably after the first week, though I certainly won't claim things are easy!

She still gets a little jealous of baby but mainly seems to understand that baby needs extra attention from mama. DH has been giving DD1 extra attention and taking her for treats/outings while I nurse non-stop and I think that helps a lot.

30. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: thank you! Helps to hear this. We've been trying to build fun stuff in for her wherever possible. She is 4 so I think is able to compartmentalize what is happening but also makes it hard for me because of how well she can articulate her disappointment. I get sad that she has to share me, even though we love "our" baby.

31. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I'm also struggling with the 2 kid balance. DD has been very patient, but is a bit mad at me. But if she sees me cry (thanks hormones!) then she runs to me and hugs me and is so sweet, so I know it will all pass. She wants daddy to help her with everything, not me, and if daddy holds DS, she freaks out. So we are working on that. We've had a few rough potty training regression days too, as was to be expected, so we are trying to stay on top of that. Trying to do fun activities all together as a family, as well as get one on one time. We are so busy!

32. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Revel: my first was 41 weeks & my second was 40 weeks (but I was induced due to blood pressure). So I grow full term babies apparently.

Had an ultrasound, NST, & OB appointment today. Baby still looks great. I'm 2cm, which isn't any progress from 2 weeks ago. So induction is scheduled for Friday at 5pm. Hopefully it goes smoothly & baby is here Saturday. Send some good labor & delivery vibes my way!

33. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Well, when she decided to come, she decided to come! 5 hrs from first contractions to her being here. Didn't even have time for an epidural (ow!!). Will post a picture on the fb group!

34. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: wow congrats! Crazy she came just a few hours after your post about no progress, there is no predicting this stuff.

35. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@MommySLP: congrats!!

36. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Banana330: good luck today!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee