Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

I was an August 2013 mom, and since having an older kid, I've been away a bit since I find there's not a lot of preschooler discussion, and I kind of just do my own thing without input now
    EDD: August 16
    First child? Second, DD will be 4 in August
    Any symptoms? Not really, minor cramping, a little bloating, had heartburn last night.
    Who have you told? DH and my sister.
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? A little surprised, but happy. DD1 was conceived after a couple years of infertility. I assumed if/when we ever had another we'd need intervention again, which we weren't willing to do. So, we've been on whatever happens happens for a few years, but were fairly resigned to being one and done!

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Sapphiresun: welcome!

3. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

EDD: 8/16 according to my LMP. I've only had one postpartum period and am not exactly sure when I ovulated.

First child? Second! I have a 14 month old.

Any symptoms? Upset stomach and mild cramping. Nothing too terrible though.

Who have you told? DH, a friend, and my fellow HB mamas.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I have so many! I never expected that I would conceive naturally. DD was born after 4.5 years of trying and was conceived via donor embryo. I'm just shocked that I'm pregnant! I'm a little nervous about the baby's chromosomes because my husband has a translocation. I'll breathe easier once I get the materniti21 test or something like it. We have one remaining frozen embryo that is DD's genetic sibling and were planning a transfer for the spring. We'll have to postpone that. That also means there's a chance we could have 3 kids....and I'm pretty content to just have one! Right now I just need to take things day by day. This baby is a miracle and I'm going to have hope that everything is developing the way it is supposed to be.

4. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: no way! That's awesome! Congratulations! Welcome!

5. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Wow! 😳😳 Congratulations!

6. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: wow! Congratulations!

7. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Lots of updates! Please let me know if I missed anything!
    Congrats @Spinny: @Sapphiresun: @Mrs. Pickle: and welcome!

Aug 3 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 5 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2)
    Aug 8 - LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 14 - Spinny (#2)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3), SapphireSun (#2), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2), Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2)
    Aug 23 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2)
    TBD - MrsBrewer (#2)

Appts:
    Dec 16 Cole
    Dec 22 MommySLP
    Dec 23 PeachyKeen, Mrs. Blush
    Dec 27 LittleJoy
    Jan 3 Nolababy
    Jan 5 Rachebon
    Jan 13 Mrs. Microscope

8. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

EDD: August 23rd

First child? yes!

Any symptoms? tender breasts, mild cramping, hunger, fatigue...but insomnia at night!

Who have you told? husband

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? That this will be a healthy pregnancy! My husband and I spent two years ttc and seemed to be facing infertility. Since we're on the younger side, we really wanted to have one naturally, but we were finally planning on scheduling to seeing an RE in January. However, we got our first bfp this month!! I just pray this will be a sticky baby and to get through the first trimester to ease some of those nerves. Also, I'm a teacher and my due date is the first day of school next year! That's some more stress that I'll try to save worrying about later!

9. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

EDD: 08/21/17

First child? Second! I have a 15 month old DS.

Any symptoms? Felt a bit naseous but thought I could have picked up DS' stomach bug.

Who have you told? DH

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Excited and nervous. Trying to finish and defend my dissertation over the next few months, so really hoping that first tri yuck doesn't slow me down too much. Still working though some PTSD due to some complications during delivery of DS, so a bit worried about delivery of this baby.

10. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Sapphiresun: congrats!!@Mrs. Pickle: amazing!!congrats!!
    @coleycam: congrats! I work in the schools too & my first day back is also my due date. I've decided there are plenty of other things to worry about before that!
    @azjax: congrats!

11. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Omg, congrats! So happy for you! And that is an excellent due date if I do say so myself

12. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

EDD: 08/29/17 by O date, earlier by LMP

First child? #2! I have a 15 month old son.

Any symptoms? Had implantation cramping earlier, and just now waiting for the continuous stream of vomit to commence (hg last time)...

Who have you told? DH

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Hasn't sunk in properly yet. Feel anxious about ectopic b/c I've had a few friends go through it recently (bad logic, I know!).

13. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Whoa so many new posts! Congrats everyone!

@Sapphiresun: I have a June 2013 daughter, so very similar age gap to you.

@Mrs. Pickle: what an amazing turn of events! Hoping that alp goes smoothly for you.

@coleycam: I am having the super fatigue plus nighttime insomnia right now as well. It's the pits.

14. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@coleycam: @azjax: @coddergirl: congrats!

@Revel: I fall asleep okay but wake up 4 times a night (and not necessarily to pee) - I need a full night's sleep!

15. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: ooph, I feel you! I've been having trouble falling asleep and also waking up suuuuper early, like 5am. Plus up once with my 3.5 yo most nights. Le sigh.

16. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Microscope: @Torchwood: @Petitduck: @peachykeen: @MommySLP: @Revel: thank you!!

17. Mrs. Pickle

@MrsSCB: thanks! It's crazy! Now I can look at pics of your DS and see where I'll be a year from now.

I scheduled my first appointment for 1/6. At least I have Christmas and New Years to distract me from the 2.5 week wait!

18. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: I'm lucky DD (2) sleeps super well but I'm dreading the transition to a big girl bed for that reason... I know we'll need to move her out of her crib to successfully night train her but I don't want to mess up a good thing...

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Got my first ultrasound scheduled! Jan 3. I'm super nervous, but I'm happy they had an opening that day because DH is already off work. Eek! This is real!

20. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@coleycam: @azjax: @coddergirl: welcome ladies!

We have quite a big group! Hooray August mamas!

21. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Oddly (I say oddly, because I feel like most transitions are hard for our LO), the transition to the "big kid bed" was pretty easy. We still have bad nights, where we have to walk her back to her bed 25 times, but mostly, she enjoys it. GOOD LUCK!!

22. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I had my bloodwork done this morning to make sure my levels are going up. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back so I can make a dating U/S appointment!!

23. Mrs. Pickle

@Torchwood: exciting! I scheduled mine first thing in the AM so DH can go too.

24. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I think my toddler knows I'm stressed about this pregnancy not working out and decided to make me feel better about it. Rough day and it's not even 3. And we're adding another to this mess!? 😬

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Ugh so I'm freaking out. The last few days and all of my symptoms have disappeared. Last time this happened I miscarried a week later.

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: just saw this!!! Congrats!!!

27. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: If you don't mind my asking, what will happen to the remaining embryo if you dont decide to have another baby?

28. Mrs. Pickle

@MrsBrewer: thank you! I don't really have any symptoms. I'm hopeful for you.

@Torchwood: I would return it to clinic and it would be eventually donated to another family. I don't really want to do that though. I can't imagine DD's sibling with anyone else and my donors would be pretty sad. My husband would love 3 kids. I know I could love three, but actually caring for three is daunting! I'm trying to take things day by day and not overwhelm myself thinking about all the different scenarios that could play out in the future. After this baby I will be using some type of birth control. One surprise is enough for a lifetime!

29. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@MrsBrewer: Fingers crossed everything is good. Is there any chance you could go in for your dating scan this week? For peace of mind? Or ask for a set of betas?

30. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

It's acceptable to eat Taco Bell bean burritos, like all the time ... right? Asking for a friend. #foodaversionsaremynightmare

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@littlejoy: you know I probably could... but I'm no where near hitting my deductible for 2016, and truthfully I'd rather wait till my Jan 2nd appt forbit to be in 2017. Call me cheap..... lol

32. Mrs. Pickle

@littlejoy: definitely. Last time I had terrible food aversions and lived off boxed pasta roni.

33. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@littlejoy: Always. 😄

34. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Anyone having acne issues? Mine is sooooo bad. It was like this with DD but I had none with DS. It is so horrible and I have really fair skin so it's that much worse. I'm trying Tea tree oil but not much difference.

35. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@littlejoy oh man, I am super sick and have been since 5 weeks, and Taco Bell double decker tacos are one thing I can get down. That and soft serve... down almost 5 lbs at this point.

I have been going to acupuncture several days a week and am still throwing up every other day, ugh.

36. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MommySLP: Yes! I don't remember having this much trouble with past pregnancies.

37. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MommySLP: so many zits! But it was bad until about 14 weeks with my first too, so it's to be expected.

My fatigue is also crazy, and baby brain fog is in full effect. I can't remember anything!

38. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@KNS: Definitely having acne issues! I don't remember having this much trouble last time!

39. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

The levels came back at almost 4000! And I scheduled my dating ultrasound, but have to wait until January 10!

40. Mrs. Pickle

@pmerr: that's great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee