Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@pmerr: @peachykeen: I feel you on the extra fluff left over from #1. I just got into a size smaller jeans and now I doubt it will last. The first time, I didn't show until 16w and it wasn't obvious until 20w+, but now I look the way I did at 12w

2. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Revel: Fingers crossed you see the heartbeat! I figure there's a decent chance, but not so likely as to make it worrisome if you don't?

3. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: thanks, yes, the perfect attitude to cultivate! I considered pushing the appt but would probably be a week at least because of scheduling and I'm just itching for some more information at this point.

4. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

In the "pre appointment trying not to panic" mentality, for those of us who are on pregnancy 2+, are tour symptoms different this time? First time my boobs hurt so bad starting at 8dpo until 14 weeks. This time, no boob pain, but the fatigue is crazy bad (didn't kick in until 8 weeks last time).

At 5 weeks now, I am going crazy until January 13! Hope the bean is happy and growing in there! I'm dreading morning sickness, but know if it doesn't happen I will freak out even more. It should hit next week if this is like last time.

Any symptoms different this time?

5. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Similar, but different. I think I had more boob pain last time, and this time they seem more sensitive than pained. Although, it's been 4 years. I am definitely tired like before!

6. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: my symptoms are completely different! Last time I was so exhausted, plus dealing with morning sickness and major food aversions. This time my only real symptom has been painful gas and stomach issues. It's crazy how different it is. I've got 2 weeks until my appointment. I'm trying to have faith that everything is alright with the baby and it's growing. I'll probably POAS again in a couple days...

7. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Every pregnancy that has lasted long enough to have symptoms has been different. Like my first I was crazy dizzy for days, but I've never had that since. I knew I was pregnant with L because of cramping, this time I've had virtually none. I had constipation bad with the last two, this time it's the opposite. The basics are the same, since there are only so many symptoms to choose from, but always different.

8. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I went back again and looked. I was dizzy occasionally last time and I am this time too. I've also had heartburn start already! I'll have to see when it started last time, but it was way later.

9. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@pmerr: My heartburn has been starting earlier with each pregnancy. I hadn't had it one time since giving birth to LO, and it came back over a week ago. Arg!

10. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Torchwood: Same!!

11. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Mrs. Microscope I feel you! I (irreverently) joked last pregnancy that I had mild ebola with the constant vomiting and dizziness. Now I'm like "please let this round be different!" and then a second later freaking out - "why I am not throwing up yet?!"

And no heartburn with my son, and at 5 weeks already feeling it with #2... I'm taking that as a sign that this baby will have some hair as per the old wives tale. Poor DS is still practically bald

12. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@coddergirl: My son didn't have lots of hair at birth despite tons of heartburn. It's all lies!

13. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@pmerr: Same on the hair! Tons of heartburn, and she still doesn't even need a haircut at 18mo.

14. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Torchwood: lol we gave our son a haircut at around 9/10 months, but only because it was patchy!

15. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@coddergirl: @pmerr: @Torchwood: I had terrible heartburn with DD and she was born with tons of dark hair... but she lost it all right around the 4 month mark, haha, and when it grew back it was strawberry blonde and super-fine. She's 28 months now and I'm only now debating whether she needs a haircut!

16. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

First apt today was pretty uneventful. I have a slip to get lab work done. First ultrasound is scheduled for Jan 20. Ugh sooooo far away!!

17. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

My symptoms are the same (according to my notes from last time), but I truly don't remember being this tired and this nauseous. I puked last time (week 6), and haven't yet.

The other thing is that my boobs (whole boobs) were sore last time, but this time, it's only my nipples.

Symptoms are weird.

@coddergirl: @peachykeen: @Torchwood: @pmerr: I am NOT looking forward to the heartburn. It was so bad last time - and my baby was born mostly bald. Ha.

18. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Just left my ultrasound/OB appointment - we saw a baby and a heartbeat! Baby measured 1 day ahead (7w1d) with heartbeat of 122. OB said given my previous miscarriage she wants me to come back at 10 weeks to confirm the heartbeat.

Hope everyone feels well enough to enjoy the holidays! I'm nauseous and have no appetite but not throwing up, so I'll take it.

19. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: that's great!

20. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: Yay! And that's nice to go back at 10 weeks. I may request that.

Why is it so hard not to worry about things you KNOW aren't rational? I've had a mild pain in my side by my hipbone for a couple of days. It's the exact same spot I get pain occasionally when my stomach is upset (which it is), it's not getting any worse, etc, but part of me is still panicking that I'm going to spend Christmas in the ER for an ectopic. Gah. This is going to be a loooong pregnancy.

21. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Yay!!!! So happy for you!

@Torchwood: Ugh, I'm sorry. I know that nagging feeling.

I've had intense morning sickness all week, and today it's at like 5%, and my boobs aren't really as sore as they have been. I feel like 7.5 weeks is way earlier than last time (when the first tri symptoms started to fade), but I'm almost hoping I wake up nauseous tomorrow ...

22. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: I've totally been paranoid about every cramp & twinge as well - I don't remember being this crazy with LO#1!

@littlejoy: I just told my husband this AM that I almost appreciate the nausea this time around as reassurance that things are okay. It's no fun feeling this way, but I think it helps for peace of mind. I hope your symptoms come back just enough to reassure you

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: awesome!

@littlejoy: I hate wishing for symptoms that feel yucky! Hang in there!

24. Mrs. Pickle

The first tri is so hard. Every time I start to feel negative I just start repeating to myself "I'm growing a baby. The baby is healthy."

I hope everyone is able to relax and enjoy the holiday!

25. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Happy holidays, ladies!!! Sending my best!!

26. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Yes, happy holidays! Hope it's going well for everyone!

27. Mrs. Pickle

Did anyone share the news yesterday? DH and I told his mom. We are telling mine when we see her next week.

I have a bump at the end of the day now. I didn't look like this until 12 weeks with DD! 😳

28. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: We had already told my mom, but we're on our way to spend the week with my dad, stepmom, and siblings, and we're going to tell them. DH doesn't want to tell his family anytime soon. Most can't keep a secret and he thinks his dad will be mad. (He's a very judgmental, controlling type, and thinks money/work matter more than anything, so DH thinks he'll think we should have stuck with one for financial reasons.)

And I'm definitely showing something! It's too early to actually be baby, but I'm looking pregnant!

29. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: we told DH's cousin, mom, and brother, and my best friend. They can keep the secret! Due to a monthly ladies cocktail night, I will end up telling a few more friends next month at 9 weeks, at least after my first ultrasound.

30. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

I told one set of grandparents, but we'all wait until after our u/s tomorrow to tell the others.

I think I have a stomach bug right now. I have my usual food aversions and nausea (no vomiting), but I've had diarrhea for 3 days, which is exactly what I wanted for Christmas. I assume as long as I'm able to drink water and don't have major cramping, all should be ok. Excited to see our baby tomorrow. So nervous, but very hopeful.

31. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: My sister spent Christmas with us and I've been feeling rough so we basically had to tell her. We're visiting the in-laws for belated Christmas next weekend, so we'll tell them them and email the picture to my dad at the same time.

I'm not overly eager to announce to people (I felt the same way last time - for some reason I feel very private and protective of pregnancy information) but we will probably tell extended family after we get our screening results in late Jan (~12 weeks).

32. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: Oh no - I'm sorry you're dealing with GI stuff in addition to the yucky first tri symptoms! Exciting that you get to see your babe tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you

33. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Thanks for the love. And, I'm feeling oddly secretive (protective) too. Ha. Like, I definitely won't be announcing in anyway related to my business (i run a design studio). I loved sharing the last time, but maybe knowing it's my last pregnancy is changing me. Ha.

34. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Wow we haven't told anybody yet! My BIL flat out asked me when I told him the smoked salmon smelled gross and I lied my face off. I think we will tell at the beginning of the second tri, just like last time. Christmas Eve was fun because two cousins are pregnant as well, one after having a lot of trouble TTC. 2017 is going to be a bumper crop of babies!!!

35. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@azjax: We aren't telling anyone til around Valentine's Day. I'll have had my appointments and everything by then!

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Updating the list. Hope everyone's having a restful week! I'm certainly grateful for a quiet week at work and getting to sleep in a few more minutes due to lighter traffic!

Aug 3 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 5 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2)
    Aug 8 - LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 14 - Spinny (#2)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3), SapphireSun (#2), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2), Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2)
    Aug 21 - AZjax (#2)
    Aug 23 - Mrs. Microscope (#2), ColeyCam (#1)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2), PhillyDogLover (#1)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    TBD - MrsBrewer (#2)

Appts:
    Dec 27 - LittleJoy
    Jan 3 - Nolababy, Torchwood
    Jan 5 - Rachebon
    Jan 6 - Mrs. Pickle
    Jan 10 - Pmerr
    Jan 13 - Mrs. Microscope

37. phillydoglover

pea / 8 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks for the welcome!
    i think cravings are started or at least i am getting hungrier, i made my husband take me to get a cheese steak last night, best decision ever.

38. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Had my dating scan today ... saw the heartbeat. So thankful!! They moved my due date to 8/7 (a whole day - not sure it matters, ha).

39. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: Look at that little one! What was the heartbeat? (If you don't mind me asking)

I measured 1 day ahead as well but they don't change dates at my practice unless it's a full week. I always wonder whether to adjust the date in my pregnancy app but I guess it doesn't matter.

40. Mrs. Pickle

@littlejoy: aww hi baby!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee