Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@peachykeen: Yeah, pre-e is scary, hopefully your induction will go faster this time!

I am honestly sort of scared about going into spontaneous labor. I was induced at 39+1 last time for low fetal tone and my labor was pretty fast once the pitocin started at 9:30am and she was born at 3:59pm. My OB told me the other week I can't wait at home at all and need to get straight to the hospital which sort of freaked me out. I am also still working and have a 45 minute commute each way so something happening there would be less than ideal...

2. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@peachykeen: That's crazy that it's happening already, but I'm so excited to start having some babies on this thread! Hope your induction goes much quicker than last time!

@Mrs. Microscope: I feel you. Over it is an understatement at this point.

My only update is that there is no update. I am working furiously to get everything at work ready and I haven't even started getting baby stuff ready, so I am really banking on her not coming early even though I am soooo ready. Three weeks from today!

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

No update here. I'm 35.5 weeks, and feeling ready. Although I don't think I will go early at all. I'm just in that mindset, so that I don't get my hopes up. I have an appt either Monday or Tuesday next week to get screened for GBS, I was positive last time, so I'm hoping for a negative this time around, but who knows! I will probably get my cervix checked since they will be all up in my business anyways, but probably decline checks going forward since it really doesn't matter either way!

4. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: So excited for you!! How are you feeling today?

5. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

I had my 37 week appointment today. I see a midwife, so besides weight, blood pressure and feeling for baby's position, there isn't much to know. I assume I'm having some cervical changes. I'd REALLY love if baby waited until closer to 40 weeks - I just have SO much work to get done!! Baby stuff is ready, but mama is not. Belly shot from Sunday.

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

35 week appointment went well! Got the gbs swab done, and had my first internal exam. Confirmed that I'm not crazy, I am almost 2cm dilated, and baby is engaged. Dr could feel his skull sutures! Not much effacement yet, but she told me to pack my bags and be ready. No wonder I'm feeling so sick and done! I hope we make it to 37 weeks.

7. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

38 weeks today and was 2cm and 50% effaced at my apt. Scheduled an induction for next Friday the 28th and am very excited about having an end date in sight!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: you look beautiful!

@KNS: getting so close!

I can't believe our first babies could be arriving this week!

9. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

36 weeks today. Did my GBS swab & had a check. Cervix is soft but no dilation. Nothing else exciting going on except I am officially off work until November 6th! Yay! Baby is head down & OB estimates between 6.5-7lbs.

10. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Well I had a small scare this morning. Last night I started having back pain. It got really bad overnight. I couldn't sleep, was nauseous and vomiting, having almost constant braxton hicks and some real contractions, and the baby wasn't moving like normal. I headed to L&D to get checked out. Baby girl is just fine! My contractions were registering on the monitor, but I could only feel 1/4th of them. They checked me for infections and kidney stones and then sent me home with instructions to rest and drink lots of water. I've been doing that all day and now feel much better. I was surprised when the doctor said they wouldn't do anything to stop labor at this point.

11. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Wow! Sounds like you're getting close!!
    @Mrs. Pickle: Glad you and baby are doing well despite the scare today!

No major updates here. 36 weeks and trucking along! So hot and humid here in NYC but hopefully just a few more weeks to go!

12. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: Surprisingly not feeling anxious at all this time around (think it helps that DD1 was a few days earlier than this), just ready to get this show on the road! A little bit concerned about getting pushed back a day if the hospital is busy but only for logistical/childcare reasons. I've been having fairly frequent contractions again today but I've lost hope that they are actually doing anything

@Mrs. Pickle: That sounds awful and scary! Glad baby is resilient and doing well. Have the contractions slowed down since they sent you home?

13. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: thinking about you today!

14. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: they did! I have BH every time I move around too much, but nothing concerning. You're going in tonight, right? I'm excited to "meet" the first August baby!

15. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @Mrs. Pickle: Yep! At the hospital waiting to be taken back. Based on my experience with DD1 I'm expecting a Saturday baby but I'd be pleasantly surprised if she arrived tomorrow

16. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@peachykeen: So exciting!! Good luck, I can't wait to hear when she arrives!

17. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@peachykeen - aah! good luck and enjoy those first few amazing moments meeting your new little one!

18. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: So happy for you!!!! Best wishes for a wonderful birthday for you and your family.

19. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

@peachykeen: best of luck!

20. Mrs. Blue

@peachykeen: good luck! Thinking about you & so excited to "meet" our first August baby!

21. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

I'm on vacation and couldn't keep up with this thread but popping in to wish you a safe and speedy delivery @peachykeen: ! Can't wait for the update and can't believe this groups' babies are starting to arrive.

22. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

23. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@littlejoy: best of luck! I hope it goes smoothly and quick!

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: Good luck!!!

25. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@peachykeen: Good thoughts coming your way today! Hoping things are moving along nicely for you!

26. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@peachykeen: Good luck! I can't wait to see our first baby!!!

@sunset840: I'd love to join the FB group if you ended up starting one! I sent an email to that email address. FB is way easier for me to keep up with!

I'm 36 weeks today, and next week I have the GBS test along with the last ultrasound (my appointments shifted so now I'm "off")! I'll be asking for a cervical check (she said they don't until 38 weeks unless asked). I'm hoping some progress is made, and hoping I go on my own before she induces me! She is itching to induce me as soon as she can!

27. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Totally losing large pieces of my mucus plug today. Lots of bh contractions. Only 35+2, so I'm trying to take it easy today and the rest of the weekend. I called my OB, and she isn't worried, says it's normal, but I'm anxious. I want little guy to stay in longer, to at least 37 weeks (August 2)

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Our girl was born yesterday evening after a 2-day induction! She's 7 lb 10 oz and doing great.

I don't think I have access to the Facebook group yet but I will share a picture and her name there once it's ready

29. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: congrats! Came in looking for an update. Hope you all are recovering well!

30. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: congratulations!! I hope you're feeling well too.

31. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: woo! Good job growing that baby girl! Hope you are feeling well, enjoy your baby snuggles!

32. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@peachykeen: Congrats, hope it all went smoothly and what a good sized babe!

33. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@peachykeen: congratulations! I don't think the FB group is set up yet but I look forward to seeing her!

34. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@peachykeen: congrats!! So glad she's here & now you can enjoy those sweet baby cuddles!!!

35. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

I did set up the fb page I promise! It only lets me email to add new people under the email you sent through so if you didn't get an invite please email me again at the summermamas2017@gmail.com

Also congrats!!

36. Mrs. Blue

@peachykeen: Congrats! I've been thinking of you. Glad to hear it went well.

37. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@peachykeen: Congrats!!! So exciting and hope you are both doing well!

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@peachykeen: Congrats! Good to hear you had a good induction!

39. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Thanks for all the good wishes! We're just waiting on another bilirubin test before we should be discharged - I'm certainly ready! Baby girl is nursing like a champ though I think she's starting to tire out a bit. Being away from all the hospital interruptions should help.

@sunset840: Got the invite this time - sorry if I missed it before! Thanks again for setting this up

40. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

@peachykeen: no worries it definitely didn't send out invites at first when I thought it did. So happy to hear everything went well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee