Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MommySLP: precious!

@MrsBrewer: so sorry you are in pain! My chiropractor also mentioned to me soaking washcloths in Epsom salt water and draping them over sore places if a bath wasn't feasible. It seems like that could work for sore muscles pp before a bath was allowed (as per OB/midwife recommendation).
    I have about 7.5 weeks left. Woo!

2. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

I am seriously jealous of all you ladies with early August due dates! 10 weeks to go here! Anyone dealing with low blood pressure? I have frequent dizzy/near-fainting spells, and get winded when doing basically anything. It's making daily life a little challenging! Blood pressure was much lower than usual at last checkup and as per usual advice: eat more salt. Any other low BPs or tips? The heat definitely makes it so much worse.

3. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: @mrsbrewer: I was told no baths either ... but sitz baths were ok?? I feel like I bled forever too.

@coddergirl: Salt was the only BP tip my midwives gave me.

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@coddergirl: Me! I'm border line low blood pressure, and I definitely get dizzy/fainty if I don't drink or eat enough!

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@littlejoy: Interesting! At the hospital where I deliver, they actually have but whirlpool tubs in the recovery rooms after you deliver for you to take a bath and relax. When I had DD though, I remember they were down for maintenance. I don't think my midwife ever told me not to take a bath.

6. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@coddergirl: Mine has been pretty low and my OB said to really make sure that I was well hydrated and if I start to feel faint to drink some water. I nearly fainted one night while I was putting DD to bed and my husband was still at work, it was a bit scary.

34 weeks here today and feeling really over pregnancy now. I am hoping to schedule an induction sometime after 39 weeks, anyone else in the voluntary induction camp?

7. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I was also told no baths for the first couple weeks. I think your cervix is still a bit open and baths can increase your risk of infection.

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@KNS: me! More than likely I will have BP issues (too high/hypertension) but either way they want to induce me at around 38+2 or 3 simply because of the risk of a sudden spike (that's what happened last time) and my age (35). Since we have no local family and we are relying on friends to help with DD, it is easier to have a planned date. We will schedule it after my 36 week appointment. I had a favorable "emergency" induction last time, and DD was born at 38+2, so I'm on board

9. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Banana330: welcome! We were on the POAS boards together, can't believe our due dates are approaching!

Just catching up here, we are all getting close, single digit weeks for almosy everyone! I'm be 31 weeks tomorrow, so def have longer to wait than some of you. I want to make it to 37 weeks at least but I'm starting to feel ready!

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@peachykeen: @Revel: Thanks! It's exciting and slightly terrifying! I'm not sure we're ready for two!

11. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Had my weekly ultrasound with MFM this morning and baby had a huge growth spurt - she's 5.5 lbs at 33 weeks! She jumped from 58% to like 81% in 3 weeks, haha. But I also learned that even though my labs haven't been that concerning they will induce me at 37 weeks due to the protein spillage alone. On the one hand, I would have liked to have the experience of going into labor on my own but it's also nice to have a good idea of when to expect her so we can make plans for DD1.

@Mrs. Microscope: Do you take your BP at home? My pressures have been great (120/80 or lower) at home but every time I go to MFM they are higher... it's so frustrating! I've been tracking carefully at home to advocate for myself but I think expecting the higher numbers makes it worse as well.

12. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: that's only a month away!

I also saw my MFM today. I no longer have placenta previa, just a low lying placenta. It needs to move 0.5cm back still. My MFM lifted all my restrictions 🙌 and said that as my uterus grows over the next couple weeks my placenta will keep moving back. It doesn't look like I will need a c section anymore.

I'm also having a huge baby apparently. She's 4.5 pounds and I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow! Her head and limbs are measuring at 32.5 weeks and her stomach is at 34.5 weeks. DD1 was 6lbs11oz at birth. I'm hoping this one isn't 9+ pounds. I'm really petite and my DH is average height/weight. I never would have guessed we'd make a big baby. Genes are weird! My MFM called her "healthy."

13. Mrs. Pickle

I'm 31+4 today and the shape of my bump has changed significantly over the past two days. I've been carrying pretty low the entire time, but all of a sudden she is all out front instead of wide. I think she's a little higher too.

Anyone else have a bump photo to share?

14. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: That's awesome news about your placenta - sounds promising!

My bump has changed a ton over the past 2 weeks as well. It was still relatively small at 32 weeks but looked HUGE for my 33 week appointment (she had flipped back to breech the night before so I think that might be why?). Now at 33+5 I'm somewhere in between the two sizes (and she's head down again for the moment). The photos are 32 & 33 weeks - I'll take another before my MFM visit on Friday.

I had my weekly NST/OB visit this AM and tentatively scheduled my induction for July 21 - both exciting and overwhelming to have a date! DD1 was a >48 hour induction though so her birthday could be anywhere between July 21-23 assuming I make it that far.

15. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @peachykeen: you guys look great! I feel like I had a huge growth spurt a few weeks ago but have leveled off a little, I don't notice a huge difference in the last 2 ish weeks. Will try to pull some photos later.

I had my regular appointment this morning at 31+4. All seems normal and my midwife sadly thinks my exhaustion, shortness of breath and headaches are just here to stay for 3rd tri for me! She did say since LO 1 came on her due date, at least anecdotally she would expect me to go on time or slightly early with this one. I know there's no guarantee but at least it made me feel a little better!🤣

How's everyone feeling?

16. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: I'm definitely feeling those symptoms too - I'm super short of breath after 1 flight of stairs! I know she's all up in my ribs though.

I'm definitely feeling the weight on my pubic bones and the muscles right below them as well. Just walking around each day, I feel like I did 50 squats the day before - so sore! I definitely overdid it yesterday (cooking, mainly) because when I got up to pee in the middle of the night I could barely walk from the sore/stiff muscles.

Counting down the days...

17. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Had my 34 week appointment this morning. Everything is right on track. A bit of a boring appointment (which is ideal). We talked a lot about the home birth and prepping everything on that end. I look around our house and think there's no way we're ready to have a baby here, but I know it'll come together soon.

I'm feeling relatively good. Baby is in my ribs at this point, but my heartburn is much better than last time. My hips hurt, but it's not too bad. I could be sleeping better, but I think it's due to allergies vs. the baby. So, overall, I'm happy, and excited that things are moving along.

18. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

You ladies look beautiful!

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, with an appointment on Thursday.

To quote Dory, I keep telling myself "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" because I should only have about 6.5 weeks left!

19. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Let me know if you have any new updates - can't believe we're all so close now!

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2) , Lmpeavley (#1)
    Sep 2 - cheesetomywhine (#4)

Scheduled C-sections & inductions:
    July 21 - PeachyKeen
    Aug 8 - Mrs. Blue
    Aug 30 - Banana330

20. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

Boring update here, which I definitely don't mind! Just had my 31 week appt, measuring on track, blood pressure good and baby is head down. Occasional low/side back pain on my left and emotional meltdowns over silly things like shorts being uncomfortable. Super thrilled that I haven't put a diaper on my 3 yr old in 3 weeks! Took us almost a year to get that poop in the potty. Can't believe it's almost July!

21. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I can't believe we're so close! Yesterday I made the rest of my appointments through 40 weeks (although I won't need them all)

I'm so bad at keeping up in this group!

A couple weeks ago I was sent to the hospital for high BP (it was 140/90, then 150/100 when the nurse was calling out the door for someone to come check my BP. ) It was a Friday at 4:30, so I think she only did it because she wanted my labs checked and that was the only place. They upped my BP meds and have been fine so far. I now have NSTs each week (which was already planned). The worst part of going into the hospital was having all of the flashbacks from giving birth the first time around and getting nervous about all of the things I don't want to happen this time!

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: Ugh I hear you on the sore/stiff muscles! We just moved our bedroom to the 2nd level, and out bathroom is on the 1st floor.....So in the middle of the night when I have to pee I just dread it. I feel like an 85 yr old woman walking up and down the stairs.

23. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Seriously hit the wall on pregnancy comments today. MIL started me off with a " will you make it to August, you're so big already," plus her sister had a similar size comment. Plus the standard "you didn't plan this very well," and "you know it's going to be hot for months still" summer comments. Ugh. Mind you this was all at a family friends' of my husband's 4th of july event, held outside at a house with no AC. It's 95 degrees here.

I did respond to MIL with "thanks for noticing, that's what every pregnant woman wants to hear. I have 10 more lbs to gain" which made me feel better even if the rest of the day was awkward with her.

I'm not insecure about my weight gain or how I look but I'm sick of my body being the constant topic of conversation!

24. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Revel: screw them! Ugh, I hate people! Why is it when it comes to women's bodies people think they can comment? Especially pregnant women?! I recently read about Jill Duggar (I'm not a big fan, but in this case I'm on her side) where she went hiking or walking or something outside and people criticized her because she is so big and close to her due date and she should be home resting. Nope, screw all you people! Be healthy and grow a healthy baby. Exercise when you want, rest when you want, eat what you want (within doctors guidelines, of course!). It's your body and your baby

We are all doing great. Grow babies grow!

25. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I've gotten a few "are you sure it's not twins??" comments. Which is funny. In my pics, I look about the same as I did with my first, and I never received any of those comments!

26. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: thanks for the solidarity! His family is not american so some of it i know is cultural amd his mom trying to connect with me but I hate that it always seems to be about my body in pregnancy and that the words "big" or "large" have to cross her lips! 😂

@pmerr: why why why??? I'm just done with body comments entirely.

Basically if you don't want to tell me I look great you can keep it to yourself at this point....

27. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Happy 4th of July from bed rest on the couch! I'm coordinating the family's activities today and enjoying all the photos DH sends me of DD1 enjoying herself

Things have stayed relatively quiet and stable for the *7.5 weeks* I've been on modified bed rest. I've been working remotely and have even been able to do a little cooking and laundry since my BP has been so good.

It seems to finally be creeping up the past few days so I'm wondering if I will make it all the way to 37 weeks (16 more days!). I've been really lucky so far but last night and this AM I'm feeling the beginnings of carpal tunnel aches (yuck, but it started earlier with LO1) and just generally not feeling as well.

I'm basically in that place where I'm pretty much feeling DONE with bed rest, rib discomfort, and mild headaches but still stable enough to hang in there. NST tomorrow and growth ultrasound Thursday, so I'm happy to be able to check on little DD2.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying the holiday!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: thinking about you! How's it going? Big milestone for you this week!

@peachykeen: you are a superstar! Keep up the good work!

29. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yes, that's today! 33+1, when LO was born, and baby boy is still staying put! She was born in the morning, so at this point I'm officially farther along than I've ever been. 😄 Everything is good. Only 3 progesterone shots left, so there's a reasonable chance he'll be here in about 4 weeks when that last one wears off. 😬 We haven't done anything but buy a car seat. But we're almost done with the kitchen remodel (it looks great) so we'll get on the few things we need to do then.

I am reaching the point I'm pretty uncomfortable. If anyone has suggestions for rib pain please share. Pretty sure I'm bigger than last time too. LO was 5.5lb at 33 weeks, so the thought of this one being bigger is a bit scary!

Hope everyone is well, and happy 4th for those who are celebrating! (And one shot of how cute LO is because I can't help it. ☺️)

30. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Congrats on that big milestone! That picture of your DD is adorable. My DD1 has been telling us she has a baby in her belly but we recently found out she's doing it at school too

The other night before bed she hugged my belly and whispered "I'm ready for you to come out now"

31. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

That's awesome news @Torchwood: ! I am definitely more uncomfortable now than I was at this point with my daughter. Can't believe he could gain like 3 or more lbs still.

@peachykeen: how funny! My LO won't tell us if she's ready to meet him or not, when we ask she tells us he's not ready, haha.

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: this makes me so happy! And 4 more weeks puts you at full term,so that's awesome!

33 weeks today. Found out last week that the hospital changed their induction policy effective July 1, so no elective inductions before 39 weeks. My doctors were planning for 38+3 for me, so that's a no go now. Looks like 39+3 now (the following weekend) if he isn't here already. I feel like I had a week stolen from me!

33. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Unfortunately I think baby took her big sister a little too literally because we spent 8-9 hours in L&D last night (at 3am) trying to stop contractions. I went to bed with frequent Braxton-Hicks, woke up at 2am feeling like I was having one long continuous contraction (rock hard belly), and when I got to L&D we found out they were 2-3 min apart and regular. They tried to stop them with IV fluids but ultimately gave me a shot of terbutaline, which did work. Baby is fine and we got home around noon. Poor DD1 was up late watching fireworks and then awake half the night from the excitement at the hospital.

This little one sure is keeping me on my toes this pregnancy... Just have to make it another 2 weeks!

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: Oh my!! praying for you and the baby!! Hoping the baby stays put a little while longer!

So I have a weird symptom....my right leg/ankle is much more swollen than my left. My left is barely even noticeable, but my right calf and ankle are sooo tight, and feel like balloons are going to pop inside.....Is that normal? I email my midwife asking about it!

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@peachykeen: yikes, hope she stays put!

@MrsBrewer: mines the opposite foot (left) but it seems to swell more than the right anytime they swell up.

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Torchwood: you're looking great and what a wonderful milestone!! Your LO is just too precious!

37. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: keep that baby in there! Glad you are stable now.

@MrsBrewer: yes and no to normal. I had my right leg more swollen last time, and called my OB, they had me come in on an emergency visit right away, and I had an ultrasound of my leg to look for blood clots. I was fine, my swelling was due to DD resting her head on a vein In my right hip. Better safe than sorry, get it checked out!

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I called my office, and they mentioned the blood clots. They said to watch out for redness, warm, and soreness. If I have those to call. Right now I have none of those symptoms so they said just to elevate my legs, and sleep on my opposite side.

39. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsBrewer: glad they are aware! Epsom salt bath might help. Keep us posted!

40. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Can't believe how close we are all getting! Had my 34 week apt today & everything looks fine. I'm feeling so over this already, but of course don't want her to come too early. Everything hurts though!!! My last day of work is next Friday the 14th and I am soooo ready to be done!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee