Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: good luck with potty training!

@peachykeen: glad to hear things are mostly Ok with you on bed rest, hopefully that continues for you!

@Mrs. Pickle: i feel like we haven't done anything to get ready, and my motivation is low. Good attitude you're cultivating about the birth - I am trying to get there but struggling lately with anxiety about it and all the change to come.

My latest unpleasant symptom is low level nausea coupled with frequent bathroom trips! Not sure if it's a reaction to the tdap, a bug, or if this is my new normal for the next 10 or so weeks. Anyone else feeling that way?

2. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Revel: I've definitely needed to use the bathroom more frequently recently!

3. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: I've had the intermittent return of low level nausea but mostly at night. I've attributed it to either acid reflux or my prenatal starting to affect me again. Hope yours improves!

4. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@pmerr: @peachykeen: ugh, well I guess I'm glad I'm not alone. I remember the constipation finally going away in the third tri last time but much later, but I just feel gross. I'm still eating but I can't tell when I'm hungry, what is GI related and what is heartburn! It's so weird.

5. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: I feel you. My appetite has definitely decreased and not much sounds good. I have become addicted to Noosa yogurt this week though - figure that has to be good for baby.

6. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Revel: My heartburn has been bad recently too!

7. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

I feel you all on the heartburn and tiredness... 3rd tri only just begun for me and already I could nap 2x a day if only that were possible! Failed my 1 hr glucose but probably not going to be able to make it through the 3 hr as I have hypoglycemic episodes and can pass out if I don't eat regularly in the morning. Runs in the family. That means I will be treated as a GD patient and enjoy lots of finger pricks for the next 10 weeks. Maybe it will turn out to be an interesting investigation of how my blood sugars work - thinking positively!

8. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Heartburn here too from everything! Also definitely going #2 at least 4-5x a day. No diarrhea or anything, just having to go very frequently.

9. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Y'all are making me feel bad on the potty training front! Graham is 2 1/2 years old, and I think he's ready to potty train, but I'm not even attempting it until a couple months after the baby is born. Potty training the twins was such a nightmare of multiple 3-day method attempts that I'm scared!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Blue: woman, you have 3 kids, and are in your third trimester! Don't feel bad about your son not being potty trained. When you are ALL ready, it will happen!

I'm also so tired and have been napping some afternoons when my daughter naps.

11. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I'm definitely having the same symptoms as all of you. 3rd trimester is hitting me hard already. I'm exhausted & the low level nausea at night had returned---I've even thrown up a couple times. I've also had a "cold" for the last 6 days and I had one 2 weeks ago too. The doctor today gave me an antibiotic so hopefully that kicks it once and for all.
    Today was my last regular day of work, yay! I'm working until July 14 but it's modified and mostly 1/2 days that I set my own schedule for.
    I don't know how you guys deal with the heat--we live by the ocean & its 60s & low 70s here and that luckily is what is saving me from insanity at this point 😛

12. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

Whenever someone asks me how I'm feeling, I just keep saying I'm saving my complaints for when it gets really hot. My engagement ring already doesn't fit. This weekend is my first trip away from DD. I'm feeling ok about it since she's staying with DH and it will also be good practice for when I'm in the hospital. Also scheduled a sibling tour for her at the hospital. Next appt on Thursday and I know I need the rhogam shot, probably tDap too.

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I'm not going to try potty training my daughter either until after this baby I swear here. Plus I wanted to wait till fall anyways. Too hard to find pottys when you are out and about at the park, splash pads, or just out with nice weather!

14. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MrsBrewer: we waited for DD for exactly this reason - trained her in the fall as she was approaching 2 and a half and I was so glad she was well established and comfortable by the time we were outside and hitting playgrounds the next spring.

@Mrs. Blue: i don't blame you! With 3 kids already and the third trimester challenges, you're entitled to be in survival mode.

15. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I just had a bit of a scare. DD and I went to Target this morning. I was pretty I comfortable while I was walking around, but I wasn't too concerned because I'm always uncomfortable. I went to the restroom on the way out and when I wiped the toilet paper looked a little pink. I looked in the toilet bowl and it looked pink as well. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I freaked out and called my OBs office. They had me come in right away. I couldn't get my DH on the phone. They had me give a urine sample and it was red. There wasn't any blood in my underwear though and they found baby's heart beat immediately. I have a bad bladder infection. I'm so relieved that's all it is. Since I have placenta previa I was expecting something much worse. They gave me a shot of antibiotics and called in some pills to my pharmacy. Now I'm going to try to relax the rest of the day because my blood pressure is high from the stress!

16. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: That does sound scary! Glad you were able to figure out what was causing it and that it was more minor than it could have been. Hope you start feeling better soon - not fair to have to deal with this AND 3rd tri discomfort

17. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: I had the nausea too (and a pretty moderate reaction to the tdap) ... I think our hormones are partly to blame too.

@Mrs. Pickle: Ugh! That's so scary. I'm glad you have answers!!

18. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: how scary! I'm sorry to hear about the infection but glad it wasn't something more serious. I feel much more worried about preterm labor this pregnancy than last so I can only imagine your stress level. I hope you can relax until you feel better!

@littlejoy: yes my arm was really swollen from the tdap, not sure if I had the same reaction last time or not. I've felt slightly better yesterday and today so far so maybe I was reacting to it with the GI stuff, it is supposedly a known but less common side effect.

19. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: I thought I had a reaction last time (super sore arm, major cold/flu like symptoms), but my midwives maintained it was likely just a coincidence. The same thing happened again this time. Ugh!

20. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: @littlejoy: @Revel: thanks yall! The good thing is DH is off work for the next week and we have a few days before we travel. I should be able to get plenty of rest and give the antibiotics time to kick in.

I have the prescription for my TDAP and need to stop by the pharmacy to get it. The only thing I remember from last time is a sore arm.

21. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Mrs. Blue: We thought our son was never going to potty train! 2 months after he turned 3 he just decided to start going! We never really pushed him before that (although would ask), since we figured he would go when he's ready.

22. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Weird symptom: I've had a ton of nosebleeds this week. Anyone else?

23. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@littlejoy: yep my nose is bloody all the time! Even though it is pretty humid here.
    Had my almost 30 week appt today and up almost 30 lbs. Oh well. Got stuck three times with a blood draw, rhogam and tDap. . Fundal height was perfect so that's giving me hope that this baby won't have growth issues like DD did, even though I know it's not the most accurate indicator.

24. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@sojellybean: I was wondering how accurate fundal height is ... I'm measuring a little small, but my midwives haven't said anything about it.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Hi Ladies, I just met the OB who will be doing my scheduled c-section and because i'm 39 weeks on the long weekend (labour day) it looks like this little on will be coming on August 30.

26. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Seven weeks from today, I will have a little girl in my arms. Y'all, seven weeks! Crazy. I need to get my backside in gear and get some stuff done.

27. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Banana330: Welcome! Exciting to have baby's birthday set already

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Let me know if I've missed any updates...

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2) , Lmpeavley (#1)
    Sep 2 - cheesetomywhine (#4)

Scheduled C-sections & inductions:
    Aug 8 - Mrs. Blue
    Aug 30 - Banana330

29. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I'm at the point where birth seems so close but still pretty far away... I was being told I'd probably have DD2 at 37 weeks (about 4 weeks from now) but my latest labs came back better so now I'm wondering if I could go longer. I was induced with DD1 so I was really hoping to be able to go into labor on my own this time... Either way will be nice to be in the "safe" no-NICU zone soon!

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Ugh I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Just achey all over and sore. I'm getting so winded lately too, and it's so hard keeping up with my toddler.... I was thankful today to go into work, so I could just sit at my desk all day hahahaha

31. Mrs. Pickle

I'm due at the end of the month so I feel like I have a long way to go still. Tomorrow I see my MFM and should get a better idea if I'll need to schedule a c section. I'm hoping my placenta has moved and I can graduate from the MFM and spend the last few weeks a "normal" OB patient.

I'm on my last day of antibiotics for my bladder infection and I'm starting to suspect it might be a kidney stone instead. 😕

32. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Oh man!! Let us know what you find out re: the possibility of stones!! Thinking of you!

@MrsBrewer: I was SO ACHEY last week. Taking epsom salt baths have helped a little bit, but man!!

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@littlejoy: i should do that! I have a few bath bombs that I've gotten as gifts lateyl, I think just soaking in a tub might help actually. I even went for a massage on Saturday, and while it felt great, the next day i was still sore all over again!

34. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've been feeling the same and then started taking a magnesium/calcium supplement and that has helped SO much.

I had my follow up ultrasound with the MFM doctor today and one of baby's kidneys is still dilated. The good news is everything else looks absolutely perfect and the right kidney is fine. The dilation isn't huge, but enough to follow up on. I go back in 5 weeks and then the baby will have an ultrasound sometime after birth. She stressed that this is not a NICU problem or anything serious and baby will likely grow out of it, but will likely be monitored every 6 months or so (if still present at birth) just to make sure she doesn't get any UTIs. They also had a new machine and the doctor asked if she could "play" with it and we got the most amazing 3/4D pictures of baby's face. She already has chubby cheeks! Baby weighs 4lbs, 13oz & measuring 80th percentile overall so looks like another good size baby for me. Of course I wish the kidney was a non-issue but also relieved that the MFM doctor was really not concerned.

35. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MommySLP: Glad things are stable with baby! We got a couple peeks at our babe on the 3D machine a month or so ago and even saw hair at last week's visit (just the standard machine for that) - so cool! Definitely starting to feel like there's a real baby I'm there and not just some little alien

@MrsBrewer: I also recommend the Epsom baths - they're great for postpartum too!

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MommySLP: Maybe I should look into some sort of supplements!

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: Can I ask a dumb question about taking a bath PP.....I never did that when I had DD.....but I feel like I should have. Although I was bleeding so much, I feel like the water would just be filled with so much.....blood? I shouldn't be grossed out about that, but do you know what I mean? Do you just shower afterward then?

38. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MrsBrewer: So I was actually advised against taking a bath right afterward but ended up giving in after 1-2 weeks, so bleeding had slowed down quite a bit. I don't remember bleeding being a big problem at that point, but if so I would probably just follow with a shower. I tore quite a bit with DD1 and the warm bath was the only thing that really helped. The hospital sent me home with a sitz bath, so I figured if that was okay to use, a warm bath shouldn't be much worse... who knows, though.

39. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Had to share a picture of miss chubby cheeks!

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MommySLP: Sooooo adorable!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee