Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Feeling good at 26 weeks! Minimal swelling, mostly in my fingers when I work out. But I know it's coming! We are pretty busy the next few weeks, and I bet it will be July before I know it. Then time will slow down before delivery, hahaha!

2. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

I had my glucose test this morning and the Rhogham shot. I broke my toe on Mothers day and I've been a bit of a hobbling mess since then but otherwise feeling really good. I start going every two weeks now! Time seems to fly by one week and then drag the next. I finally have started buying things for Lil' Liam as my son is calling him!

3. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

Hello ladies, is it alright if I join in quite late? My last two were born at 39 and 38 weeks so there is a chance it could be an August baby.

EDD: 9/2
    First child? Nope number 4! DD will be 5 at the end of June, DS1 just turned 3 and DS2 is 17 months.
    Symptoms? Thankfully another easy pregnancy thus far.
    We have told all the people we come in contact with I believe. I am happy to have reached viability! I've been reading along but didn't want to commit for whatever reason until now.

4. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@cheesetomywhine: welcome!

I'm feeling decent, 26 weeks tomorrow. Lots of BH and pressure in the afternoons at work, seems like sitting a lot brings them on? I feel much better on my active days. Finally feeling more excited to get to the baby part of this whole thing, can't believe I've only got 14 weeks to go! My daughter is so excited, it's been fun to share this time with her l.

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cheesetomywhine: Welcome and congrats on #4!

I'm feeling ok....haha.. it was hot and humid like 2 days this week, and I was a ragey/hormonal grump to be around, to put it lightly. DH said I better not be like that all summer...hahaha I think the jokes on him, because he's just going to have to deal with it! I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow, and my glucose test/28 week appt is on the 30th! I hope I pass!

6. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@cheesetomywhine: Welcome to August! I've been thinking about checking in on September since I'm due the 30. DD was two weeks early so if she is anything like my first, little sister might just throw us for a loop and be 2 weeks late!

I'm almost 26 weeks. Feeling really good, until I look in the mirror or try on a pair of shorts that I thought would fit and then I'm feeling big!

@MrsBrewer: Also had a bad ragey hormonal week here and I took it out on DH and DD more than I would have liked. I find I'm much more balanced when I get 30 minutes of exercise and don't eat total crap. Easier said than done! My glucose test is also on the 30, woohoo!

7. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@cheesetomywhine: Welcome! I will add you to the list once I'm on my computer.

So I guess the glucose test was the least of my worries, because they found protein in my urine at my appointment this morning and my BP was high (I'd checked it before I left for the appointment though and it was normal then). They sent me to labor & delivery for monitoring based on my history of pre-eclampsia and told me I would be on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. I was really upset initially because the OB told me they'd try to keep baby girl cooking as long as possible but it wasn't likely I'd make it to 34 weeks.

Luckily, the OB on call at the hospital (one of my favorites at the practice) made me feel a lot better about the situation. My BPs and labs at the hospital looked good, the MFM doctors did an ultrasound and said baby looked perfect, and the on-call OB told me it was only trace protein in the urine so she wasn't worried unless my 24 hour urine collection came back abnormal. I had been told to expect to stay at least through Saturday evening, but she was sweet enough to let me go home to complete the urine collection and rest.

They did give me the first of 2 steroid shots to help baby's lungs mature (I go back tomorrow for the 2nd), but I'm hopeful we will make it to 34 weeks and won't need it. I'm not even really swelling yet so I hope this was all a fluke

8. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@peachykeen: oh goodness, that sounds so stressful! I hope the 24 hour collection turns out okay. Glad you were able to go home. Fingers crossed for you!

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: keep us posted! tale care of yourself!

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

We've all got such frequent appointments at this point, I think I'll leave that section off - crazy to think we'll probably be adding induction & C-section dates in a couple months!

@cheesetomywhine: are you team green?

Any other gender updates I've missed?

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2) , Lmpeavley (#1)
    Sep 2 - cheesetomywhine (#4)

11. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@peachykeen: Yes I am. Thanks for adding me! How are you feeling today?

12. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@cheesetomywhine: I'm actually feeling fine - I'm pretty convinced my original OB completely overreacted based on one random high BP reading. I'm supposed to schedule another visit Monday morning and I'm hoping they downgrade me to modified bed rest given I seem to have no real symptoms

I did get my second steroid shot for baby's lungs this afternoon, so I guess we're covered no matter what happens!

13. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@peachykeen: awesome to hear! Modified bed rest would be much better I would think. Precautions are good to have though- better safe than sorry.

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: glad to hear so far so good! Fingers crossed for a better appointment on Monday.

I had a massage this morning and it was heavenly. I got a prescription for EOW massages from my obs, so I can get HSA reimbursement. I'm excited! Also, expecting to have little dude 12 weeks from today! Eek! Can't wait to actually get scheduled!

15. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: The massages sound amazing!

And it sounds so exciting to (almost) know baby's birthday! My goal is 9.5 weeks from now at 38 weeks (DD1 was 37 weeks) but I'll feel pretty comfortable if we get to 34 at least.

16. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@cheesetomywhine: Welcome! Glad to have another mama of 4 to keep me company.

@peachykeen: Yikes! Hope you keep doing well and at least get modified bed rest. When you do start adding c-section/induction dates, mine is already scheduled for Aug. 8.

Everything is going well here. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and have my repeat ultrasound to get the rest of the pics and measurements they couldn't get the first time and then my appointment is after that. I should be doing my glucose test and getting my Rhogram shot. I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable and I'm not sure where 11 more weeks of baby growth is going to go, but it is what it is! I got back yesterday from a work trip to Chicago and Cincinnati. It involved lots of walking, late nights, and sitting at conferences in between. We had a good time, and I was happy that I was able to keep you with everyone and not be a downer. I'm wiped out today, though! DH and I were talking and realized that our next month is crazy, so I'm hoping that will make it fly by. We're going out of town (6 hr trip) this weekend for Memorial Day, the next weekend I'm taking a girls' trip (6 hrs but flying that time), the next weekend we leave to take the boys to my in-laws (8 hour drive) where they will stay for the week while DH and I go to New Orleans for 4 days. Then we'll come back to spend a couple days with everyone and then drive home the following weekend. I know it will be tiring, but I'm hoping all the busyness and fun will help this month go by quickly and then I'll feel more like I'm in the home stretch.

17. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: those massages sound fabulous right now!
    @cheesetomywhine: welcome!!!
    @mrs.blue: I can relate, traveled this weekend for a graduation and kept up well with everyone the last couple of days but am pooped now. I am also heading to New Orleans soon for a little babymoon! Can't wait!

18. Mrs. Blue

@Lilac: So fun! When are you going? If it's before us, I'll need to hear how it went, what you did, etc. I'm a little nervous about how hot it's going to be, but we just couldn't make any cooler weather places work this time.

19. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Wow! You are going to be so busy I bet the last few months just fly by! I'm half jealous and half exhausted reading about your plans

Well I passed my glucose test but urine protein results weren't as favorable as I hoped... So I guess at least I can eat M&Ms and cheesecake while I sit on my butt for the next several weeks? At least DH is a teacher and only has a few more days of work left before summer break - it's a lot harder to follow the bed rest recommendations with a 2 year old!

20. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: so sorry to hear you're on bed rest! Glad DH will be able to help soon and hoping you can keep baby cooking for a good long time. Do you stay at home with your LO or work?

I'm about 10 minutes away from the blood draw for my 1 hr GD challenge. I just wish that drink wasn't orange! I feel like lemon would be much more palatable.

21. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: Good luck on your GD test! Mine was the orange and wasn't so bad (I think because it was so cold).

I work full-time, but luckily I can do my job from home so my doctors and supervisors have okayed telework for the foreseeable future. DD1 will be in daycare part-time for the summer and DH will watch her for the other 3 days/week, so it should be interesting to see how our shared space works for the next month or so (she's still a mommy's girl)

22. Mrs. Blue

@peachykeen: I just saw your post about your results. That sucks. So sorry!

@Revel: My practice gives you a choice of orange or fruit punch. I think they are so sweet that the fruit punch is gross, too. Why can't they just let me eat a bunch of Hershey's?!?!

23. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I passed my glucose test, but I'm anemic. My OB prescribed me an iron supplement. I'm out of town so I can't pick it up until Monday.

The next month is going to be insanely busy. We will be out of town 3/4 weekends and are having house guests the other weekend. Then there are appointments for me, DD's EI evaluation, work, etc. I guess we'll be getting ready for the baby in July??

24. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I think I would take the orange over the fruit punch!

I got part of my bloodwork results back already and my platelets are trending below normal, same as last pregnancy. I was ineligible for epidural last time but otherwise no problems from it. Note said they will retest, I guess Ill get more info in 2 weeks at my appointment.

25. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on for awhile. I am having another girl so you could update that:)

I was supposed to get my glucose test today at my appointment but apparently they screwed up and didn't give me the drink last appointment which I am supposed to drink before coming in.. Last pregnancy I drank it in office so I didn't think anything of it. Well now I have to go back tomorrow to get tested!

Im feeling ehh.. not terrible not great. Def worse this pregnancy when it comes to back pain and sire feet which I attribute to having a 2 year old. I think these next 3 months will be long... and hot and humid

26. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Mrs. Blue: heading there on Monday! Looks like it will be pretty hot but will see how it goes! Ready for a little vacay! Will report back!

27. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2) , Lmpeavley (#1)
    Sep 2 - cheesetomywhine (#4)

Scheduled C-sections & inductions:
    Aug 8 - Mrs. Blue

28. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I feel like I've been MIA, but we've all been sick in our house plus it's the last couple weeks of school. My contract year is over June 14th, but I'm working an additional month so I can earn some extra $$$ for leave! So my official last say is July 14th & then I'll go back November 6th. Seems so far away but I know it'll come quickly.

Almost 29 weeks & haven't been feeling so great. Pregnancy #3 has been no joke (and I'm older!!). I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead, but doctor doesn't seem concerned. I'm going to try taking a 1/2 unisom tonight to see if that helps my sleep.

29. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

HI everyone. It's been so long since I've popped in here. No news is good news, I guess.

I passed my GD test, but have low iron (just like last time). I've been lax about prenatals, so I think I just need to focus on this, and I'll be fine.

Dealing with seasonal allergies now, and got my midwives' blessing to take some daily medication for that (yay!!).

Other than that, I'm 30 weeks and realizing bebe is going to be here before I know it!! I'm feeling pretty good. Not as many aches as last time, and definitely less heartburn. Baby is head down and still moves like crazy!!!

We have to fly next week (semi-emergency with family and we need to get back home before it's too late to fly), and once we're back home from that, I feel like it'll really be time to focus on the birth.

30. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

We should share our latest bump photos!! Mine are currently on my camera, but I'll share when I get them onto the computer.

31. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Sorry for the triple post ... I got my tDap yesterday. My midwives said they're recommending it earlier than 36 weeks now (which was the recommendation last time I was pregnant). I'm already having seasonal allergies, and today I have a sore arm and a fever ... normal, I'm sure, but it doesn't mean I haven't already complained about it a few times.

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: I have my dtap scheduled for next Monday, just before 29 weeks. I asked about it, because last time I also got it at 36 weeks, and my OB said it is now a "beginning of third trimester" Booster. It gives the baby baby more antibodies and offers better protection. DH doesn't need it again though, just me! And I think DD gets another at her 2 year appointment, which will be only about a week or so before little dude is born.

I'm doing well, glucose test next week. We went to Scottsdale this weekend and had some family fun, and I didn't even swell in the heat! We are so busy this month, I hope it flies by.

My friends are planning a fun freezer stocking party for me in July, and since I'm starting the mspi diet July 10, I've been testing recipes to see what freezes well so we can get lots of yummy stuff stocked before the birth. Also, I'm looking forward to a day with my ladies cooking, talking and drinking virgin mimosas while I have a foot soak (our second baby tradition!)

Do any of you have fun showers or sprinkles, or other second+ baby celebrations planned to help you prepare?

33. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: DH doesn't need it again?? Is that because your LO is just now 2? I was thinking my husband would need it, but our LO will be 3.5 when bebe is born, so maybe that's why??

We aren't doing any showers, but I'm making time to spend with a few girlfriends (individually) before baby arrives. I thought that seemed important - things like indigo dying, henna belly art, belly cast, etc.

34. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: With the Tdap booster, adults only need one every 10 years. Pregnant women are an exception, but the only reason we get it again is to pass immunity to baby in utero. I only know this because I used to work in vaccine programs, though.

35. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Has anyone chosen a name yet? We're possibly closer than we have been, but I'm still not sure the potential name feels right and I haven't been able to bring myself to call her that yet. I think we decided around 20-22 weeks last time so I'm definitely hoping to settle on something soon - I'm tired of referring to her so impersonally

@Torchwood: How have things been going for you? Have your contractions settled down? I've been thinking about you and hoping things have been better!

36. Mrs. Blue

@Mrs. Microscope: My boss's wife wants to have a little baby shower for girl stuff since this is our first girl. My circle of girlfriends usually just gets together for dessert and everyone brings diapers, but I think everyone is getting a little worn out (we also do the same for anyone in our church group so we don't always know the person that well) from it. I was just thinking I would tell them this time that we should just all celebrate by going to dinner together, but now I feel like I need to do the shower & I just feel bad asking people to come to a shower for my 4th kid! I would love some girly stuff, though.

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: I think we are like 80% sure of our name choice! I think it's going to be Josiah! But we will see, I still have 12 weeks to change my mind

I had my 28 weeks appt yesterday, and I passed my glucose test! yay!!! I had to stay under 140, and my levels were 135, woo hoo! But I'm freaking out a bit...hahah so I'm 28+4, but I'm measuring 33cm, so 33 "weeks". My midwife didn't seem like it was out of the ordinary at all and didn't want me to be concerned. But I can't help but freak out a little bit....I mean....hello, I don't want to have a 15 lb baby! hahaha

38. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MrsBrewer: I wouldn't worry about it too much (esp if midwife isn't concerned). Fundal height can be affected by so much - baby's position, etc. Even if baby is big, for delivery it is really the head circumference that seems to matter the most. I measured ahead towards the end with DD1 and she was very big (8 lb 12 oz at 37 weeks!) but as long as the head isn't huge, you should be fine.

If you find you're gaining weight quickly, though, I would just up my protein intake similar to the gestational diabetes diet. My doctor told me last time (even though I was negative for GD) that it can help control weight gain & sometimes protect against a huge baby

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: So true! My DD was 8lbs 2.5 oz, so not huge, but a decent size. Good to know about upping protein for weight gain. I'm up 15 lbs so far, so I feel like I'm pretty on track so far. I know I tend to gain it most at the end.

40. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: We've chosen a name!! (I would share here now, but my BFF is on HB, and I want it to be a surprise.) Funny enough, even though we've chosen a name, we still refer to her as "Baby". I'm 100% happy and confident with the name, but it feels funny when DH calls her by her name - maybe because we were Team Green last time, and just loved calling the baby Baby??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee