Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I'm also concerned about August baby timing and school. DD starts afternoon preschool on Aug 22, just two days a week but it is her first experience being in a school environment. My due date is the 30, DD came 2 weeks early. I'm trying to avoid a repeat c-section but if I do have one and can't drive for a couple weeks, I'm worried about how she will get there. I'm trying to be relaxed and flexible and be ok with relying on lots of help if I need it.

My to do list to get ready for baby keeps getting longer and time is getting shorter. I need to replace cloth diaper elastics, look into insurance for a pump, make a will, go through old baby clothes, register/tour at hospital, email some doulas, get new glasses, and more I'm sure!

2. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Feeling so discouraged. I've been sick for over a week, and only in the last day or so started feeling like I'm maybe getting better. But it's still slow going. LO had a stomach virus of some sort this weekend (thankfully no vomiting, but 6 diapers in 2 hours with all the accompanying diaper rash issues), and now she's gotten my cold, so she's super clingy. She hasn't slept right in days, and I'm having trouble sleeping from my sinuses on top of it so I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in over a week (and that's not counting the fact that I haven't slept through the night in almost 2 years). The progesterone is still making me feel crappy but I started the Zoloft yesterday so I was finally feeling like there was a light at the end of the tunnel there. Except I started having Braxton hicks within a few hours of the first pill, two minutes apart with no real break. They're not strong, but there is a possible connection between antidepressants and preterm labor so I'm afraid I'll have to stop them. When I think about adding another baby to a week like the last one I feel just completely overwhelmed. I'm really afraid we're going to regret having another, and it'll be hard on our marriage since DH wasn't sure and I insisted. 😞

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

At the hospital. BH's stayed at 2 minutes apart all day. But cervix looks good and as long as the fetal fibronectin (sp?) comes back negative I'm going home soon. So that's good. They also don't think I should stop the Zoloft, so that's good too. Long day!

4. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: you tell DS to stay put! Try to relax, hopefully you can go home and DH can sleep with DD and you can get some rest. Everything is going to work out. Your only job right now is to stay healthy and keep that little boy cooking!

5. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: I'm so sorry your body is giving you such a scare! I was all prepped to go to the hospital Monday night after a whole afternoon/evening of no fetal movement (and I have a VERY active baby). When I finally called, the OB on call told me to rest and wait another hour or two and she finally perked up at 11:30pm so we called off the babysitter and everything.

This is such a weird point in our pregnancies where it's so easy to feel like you're overreacting but I also hate to ignore something potentially dangerous. I'm glad you went to get checked out and also glad they feel confident about continuing the Zoloft. Rest up and feel better

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Torchwood: thinking of you & hope you all feel better & get some rest soon!

7. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Hope you're feeling better this morning

I finally took another bump shot this morning - 26 weeks today! My colleagues are hosting a little sprinkle for baby today but I feel like a bit of an imposter since I'm not even in 3rd trimester yet

8. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Torchwood: Glad everything looks okay, but I'm sorry you've had a rough go of it. I'm not sure if this helps or not (and I can never remember how old your daughter is--sorry), but when I was pregnant with Graham, the twins had the WORST sleep foooooooorrrrever. Like months of having to get up and drive them around after hours of trying to get them back to sleep. They've never been great teethers and I think it was all related to the endless process of two-year molars slowly pushing up. I had some serious misgivings about how we were going to manage. But by the time G was born, they were much better in the sleep department and they have *mostly* been great sleepers since then. So, I hope you guys get rid of the sickness and you get some sleep soon! It makes everything seem better!

9. Mrs. Blue

@peachykeen: You look so cute! Have fun at the sprinkle!

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Torchwood: Oh my!!! Such a scare!!

11. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Gosh, you really nailed it here: "This is such a weird point in our pregnancies where it's so easy to feel like you're overreacting but I also hate to ignore something potentially dangerous."

Pregnancy is so wonderful for so many reasons, but once I'm at this stage, I'm kind of ready to have my healthy baby in my arms!!!

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Thanks everybody for the support and all. The fetal fibronectin test actually came back positive, but they decided that since my cervix was so good and I wasn't having any pain and the BH's slowed down so much they could still send me home. (That test is to see if there's a chance you'll go into labor in the next week or so. Negative means almost definitely not, positive just means it's possible, not at all that you definitely will.) I would REALLY have liked it to be negative, but the fact that they sent me home was encouraging. I also had an ultrasound today (just a coincidence), and they also confirmed my cervix looks good and that little guy is doing well.

I'm supposed to just take it easy and let them know if there's anything concerning at all. They mostly said to watch what makes the BH's worse and not do those things. So if walking is fine, then I can do as much as I want, but if it sets them off stay off my feet. I'm having a hard time not over analyzing every little thing, but I feel fine really. My stomach is tore up (just realized how redneck that phrase is 😬), but I'm on three meds now that list that as a side effect so I'd be more surprised if it wasn't. Just have to keep reminding myself that just because something can be associated with labor doesn't mean it always is.

Also, the kidlett finally had a decent night sleep last night (though I didn't get home from the hospital till midnight), and a good nap that I joined her for today, so I finally got some rest. Here's hoping tonight goes well too.

13. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Torchwood:
    I'm glad you got a rest in this afternoon and hope your LO will keep up the good sleep. So scary to be in the hospital at this point or any point really!

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: so glad you are home, healthy and little guy is staying put! Definitely take it easy!

15. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I got my 1 hr glucose results back & I only passed by 1 point!! I'm a bit bummed about that, as my prior 2 pregnancies I was always on the low end. I haven't heard from my doctor & don't have an appointment til next week, so not sure if they'll ask me to do the 3 hr test. I haven't gained much weight so I guess that's in my favor. Anyone barely pass and they still had to do the 3 hr? In the meantime I'm going to be more aware of my diet.

16. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MommySLP: I was the opposite kind of last pregnancy, I failed it by 1 point! hahaha they made me do the 3-hr test. So I'm not quite sure what they will to with your 1 point swing....hmm Hope you get to skip it!

17. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@MrsBrewer: thanks, I hope so too! I did some research online & it looks like I'm 11 points below the national standard so maybe my doctor is more conservative. I'm not going to worry about it until I hear from them or my appointment next week. Did you end up passing the 3 hr? It seems in most borderline cases people typically pass the 3 hr.

18. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MommySLP: yes! I passed it with flying colors. Although it was my fault I failed the 1 hr, I stupidly ate a huge bagel like 30 minutes before the test 😂

19. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@MrsBrewer: I ate a big bowl of cereal, so I'm hoping that's what influenced mine!!

20. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@MommySLP: Cereal sounds SO GOOD!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I just water sealed our deck. Outside with plenty of ventilation, I feel fine. Pretty sure DH is going to yell at me when he gets home. But I was tired of waiting for him to do it!!! (2+ weeks of nagging and counting) I think nesting has kicked in for sure!

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Oh, one small silver lining from all the stress last week! I had mentioned kind of hoping they'd say no sex just to make me feel less guilty for not being in the mood at ALL. They did! I feel bad for DH but at least he's on board now. Poor guy. I'll still help him out, but I'm relieved. And I had already mentioned that it (genuinely) worried me a bit to have sex because it can jump start labor, so he at least had some idea it might be coming.

23. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

Got some crazy news this week. DH has been offered a job that starts mid-August, exactly a week before my due date. Which would mean moving cross-country while I'm 36 weeks... either a 20 hour drive or a plane flight which technically is not even allowed at 36 weeks. (Is there any way to fudge this?! Do the airlines actually check?!!). Plus getting a new doctor, making sure health insurance starts early enough to cover a possible early delivery, etc. Not to mention a house move. It is great news but a little insane. Send advice (and help and chocolate)!

24. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@coddergirl: you can fly until 38 weeks with doctor permission! Just check with the airline and have your paperwork. A friend of mine did it during a cross country move as well. She also found a doctor in the new city and made sure both her old and new doctors knew what was going on, and during a few house hunting trips she mad appointments with the new doctor team to meet them, tour the hospital etc. It can be done!

25. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@mrsmicroscope - that is really good news! I'll look into it. It's a super short flight anyway, compared to a verrry long drive. Thanks so much!

26. Mrs. Blue

@coddergirl: Wow! While it's certainly not ideal, perhaps, it sounds like it would be a great opportunity for your family!

I didn't move anywhere that close to delivery, but I did move cities and change practices in the middle of my last pregnancy. I would say to start talking to doctors now, because it took forever for my new OB to officially accept me since I had to get the records from my old OB and hospital first for him to review. As far as insurance, if his new insurance won't start soon enough, you could extend it for the extra month or two with COBRA. It's not cheap because you basically pay both you & the former employer's parts of the premium, but it may be the best option if the new insurance won't kick in yet and/or you would have to start with a new deductible. Mine cost about five hundred something per month to extend, but it was far cheaper than the $7,000 deductible my DH's new insurance had.

27. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@coddergirl: this sounds like something I would do if the opportunity presented itself, especially if it will have a positive impact on quality of life in the long run. I would definitely recommend professional movers who pack everything. Luckily when we moved this was part of DH's relocation package and I didn't have to pack a single dish or picture frame! Good luck working on the logistics!

28. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@mrsblue @sojellybean - thanks for the advice! hopefully the contract comes through without any issues and we can move forward. i'm itching to start planning...

29. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

Ok ladies, another 'gear' question, but this time not strollers... cars! We're looking for a used vehicle that can comfortably fit 2 car seats in the rear AND a small-hipped adult if need be Enough trunk space for a chunky stroller. We're not ready for minivan land yet... but smaller SUV or sizable sedan is fine. If you drive a car you love, let me know!

30. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@coddergirl: I made the switch from sedan to small/midsize SUV over the summer in anticipation of baby #2. I settled on a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and I LOVE it - DH is actually thinking about getting a 2nd for himself. The Sport model only has 2 rows of seats and supposedly accommodates a car seat in the middle, but we haven't tested it yet with our infant seat (I've told DH I want to test it ASAP to see if I can still sit next to baby on longer drives, so hopefully we'll test it soon). If you want 3 rows of seats, the regular Santa Fe model has that.

The Kia Sorento was nice as well, but I don't actually know about the car seat capabilities of that one. One of the reasons I picked the Hyundai was that the rear A/C vents actually seem to reach DD1 while rear-facing - didn't find that with any other car we tested.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@coddergirl: Right now we have a Toyota RAV4, and there's no way we will be able to rear face 2 LO's and have both DH and I in the front comfortably. Granted my DH is 6'4", and needs the drivers seat pushed back all the way while driving though. DH drives an Impala, so we will be selling that, and he will get the RAV4, and I will be getting a minivan!

32. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@coddergirl: how tall are you and your SO? I drive a Mazda CX-5 and love it. I'll be able to fit two rear facing car seats and have room for a thin person in the middle seat if needed. There is plenty of trunk space. The issue is how far you have to push the seats up to fit a rear facing car seat. DD is behind the passenger side currently in a convertible seat. I'm 5'2" and can comfortably sit in the passenger seat with no issues. My 5'10" DH is squished when he is over there.

33. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Has my 26 week apt today. Baby is measuring about a week ahead. HB was 152. She wasn't concerned about barely passing the GD test, she said a pass is a pass! I start appointments every 2 weeks now, but nothing else exciting to report! Still no where close on a name....

34. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: we are still very stumped on a name as well, can't decide if any of our frontrunners are the right choice or not.

I had my appointment yesterday and was up 8 lbs from 4 weeks ago ! My BP was also high for me, although in normal range, but my MW was not concerned. I've gained 22 lbs overall at 25 weeks, so I guess that's not terrible but I feel like a whale. I gained 40 with my daughter so I guess I'm sort of on track to hit that again. I'm not sure why the weight gain is troubling me so much this time, I don't remember stressing about it as much last time.

35. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Revel: I had my 25 week appointment yesterday too, and I'm up 15lbs, but I only gained 33 first time, so I'm on track for that. I plan to make sure I'm not snacking on carbs all day every day, as I am been ravenous each afternoon and all I want is chips! But that's not good, so I need to make a conscious effort to have healthy food in the house and drink lots of water. I also have BP which is creeping up, but not a worry yet. My doctor said I'm definitely not going past 39 weeks, and it will likely be 38 weeks when they induce me, since that seems to be when my body says it's done, and I had a successful induction later time, so I'm a prime candidate. So I'm pretty pumped I only have 13-14 weeks left! Not that I'm counting or anything

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I don't have my next appt until the end of the month for my 28 week appt! I'm jealous of all of these 25-26 week appts! I think after 28 weeks is when I start going every other week though. I also have my 1-hr glucose test. I failed the 1 hr with my first pregnancy, so I'm determined to pass it this time! hahaha

I think I'm up 8-10 lbs. Although I was overweight to begin with so I'm suggested to only gain 25ish this time. I think with DD I gained right around 30, which I would be totally fine with!

37. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: yeah I have definitely been hitting the dessert and I think eating past the point of comfort so I'm going to try to pay better attention to my own hunger cues - we'll see how that goes! It's not so much the number for me as I'm worried about extra weight plus the summer heat making me that much more miserable.

Right now induction hasn't been mentioned to me - I'm not sure what I'll want to do as time passes. I'm with a midwife practice that tends to be low intervention so I'm not sure if it would be offered or not if I didn't have something else going on (BP or whatever).

@MrsBrewer: this was actually my 24 week appointment at 24w6d I have to start going every 2 weeks after 28 weeks also, plus that looming glucose test is coming for me too. I had really hoped to be closer to a 30lb gain but I'm thinking maybe my body just doesn't do that...

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Revel: Don't worry about the weight gain, I mean unless you're eating a double quarter pounder with cheese everyday! Then maybe cut back to every other day? hahahah Your body will gain what it needs to for the baby!

39. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

28 weeks today and have my glucose test tomorrow morning! I keep feeling like 3rd trimester is going to drag on forever, but it's amazing to me how differently I feel from day to day. I've been exhausted this week with lots of rib pain after a weekend trip up to the in-laws (6.5 hrs in the car each way and the most uncomfortable bed ever, meaning very little sleep) but today I feel pretty much fine again.

I was looking at pictures from my first pregnancy to see how my bump compared (I think it's actually a little smaller and pointier this time around, surprisingly) and found a pic of my super swollen feet at 29w2d. I've had very minimal swelling so far (although the scale suggests I have at least some water retention the past few weeks) but I sure hope it doesn't crop up that quickly!

How is everyone else feeling?

40. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I had an appointment with my MFM this morning. My placenta has moved up but not enough yet to be cleared for a vaginal delivery. I go back in 5 weeks for another scan. Baby girl looked good. She's measuring 5 days ahead and weighs 2 pounds. I haven't been feeling as much pelvic pressure this week. It's because baby was transverse! During the ultrasound she turned breech. I thought my first moved a lot!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee