Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Yep, I feel huge. I'm 23 weeks, but feel like 26 or so.

I was just thinking today how nice it is to not have heartburn yet ... and as I sit here, I FEEL THE BURN!! Ughhh!

2. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Had my anatomy scan this morning. Everything looked great with exception of slightly enlarged kidneys. They were .5mm pass the cutoff and MFM doctor doesn't seem concerned. She said for me to come back at 32 weeks to look at them but in 90% of cases it's is resolved by then. If not, baby will have an ultrasound at birth and followed by pediatrician. It's also a soft marker for Down's syndrome but she did a very thorough scan and said there are absolutely no other markers for downs. NT results were all normal so she didn't seem concerned. We declined doing an amino. Hopefully everything looks at 32 weeks and I'm going to try not to google. Anyone else know anyone with ultrasound that showed enlarged kidneys?

3. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@MommySLP: I know it sucks to get less than ideal news, but it sounds reassuring that the MFM doc isn't worried!! I did a quick search on the boards, and saw a few threads about the enlarged kidney issue. Hopefully those can give you peace of mind!!

4. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@littlejoy: I was just searching for those! It seems for the most part it's not that big of deal, especially since all other organs look perfect & it's only slightly enlarged.

5. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

For those of you who have dealt with acid reflux/heartburn ... I could use some advice.

Last time, I was pretty miserable once I passed 22 weeks ... now, at 23 weeks, I can tell that it's creeping in. I've had acid reflux last night and again today after lunch.

I'm wondering what's acceptable as far as "just take Tums", and what would warrant trying a prescription to manage it. And, did any of you find that eating smaller meals (or specific foods) helped? I don't like taking medication, and really, I suck a remembering ... but I'm also not sure if this is just par for the course of pregnancy - even though I feel like I shouldn't suffer through it if I don't have to.

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: I found that last time spicy or acidic foods made it worse, so I tried to limit those in the evening. I slept at an angle to help as well. And I took tums as needed. This time I have switched to the time soft chews, as they aren't as loud in the middle of the night! DH complained about my shaking out the tums and they were so loud! I have only had one really bad heartburn night this time, maybe because of the angle sleeping? Good luck!

7. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: I've had heartburn from the beginning this pregnancy and last and my OBs have always recommended Zantac when Tums was no longer cutting it. I've been taking Zantac pretty much daily since 10 weeks or so and it helps but you have to take it before the symptoms get bad - it doesn't seem to work well if I wait until the reflux is already severe. I supplement with the soft chews when I need them as well.

8. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@littlejoy: I've been having horrible heartburn--it's after/before/all the time(!!!) I eat and what I eat doesn't seem to matter. Even water will set it off. When the acid gets really bad I can feel it all the way up the back of my throat and it's making me throw up. Tums were working for a while but I talked to my OB today and she recommended Zantac, which is over the counter. I hate taking meds too but I really can't deal with it anymore.

9. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: @MommySLP: Thank you. I'll talk with my midwife about Zantac. I see her next Friday!!

@Mrs. Microscope: Good reminder on the angled sleep!! I do remember that helping before. I giggle a bit about the loud Tums, haha. We've had that talk too.

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Anyone (those who celebrate) found any cute maternity outfits for Easter? I'm struggling this year... I think I'm probably unable to pull off any of my normal size dresses at this point and my maternity dresses tend to be less spring-y basics (black and more black) I do have a cute pair of coral pants I've been wearing a lot, so I might go "casual" this year and wear coral and navy with a floral cardigan.

We have a big egg hunt Saturday AM through our church and I'm at a loss for that as well. Might just settle for my one pair of maternity shorts and just be glad DD looks cute in her Easter bubble

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@peachykeen: Old Navy has some cute floral dresses in springy colors. I just bought one for Mother's Day.

12. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

For those of you that are having #2 or more.... Are you doing anything with the nursery?

For DD1, we didn't find out, so her room is still pretty gender neutral. I'm having a boy this time, and We are going to be moving around rooms in our house, but not until this little guy is here already and a few months old. We will be moving our master, and this LO will get our room. So we aren't doing any nursery prep this time around!

13. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsBrewer: ha, nope! We didn't do a nursery for DD either though... We live in a condo and need to have her room double as a guest room. There is a Murphy bed in an armoire, our file cabinets, her bookshelf, her clothes shelf (book shelf with her clothes in baskets), a rocker and her pack n play (no real crib). No changes for this time, as we are building a house and will move when DS is about 5 months. Until then, he will be in a rnp in our room, then pnp in our closet with a curtain divider since it has no door. It's a walk in closet, but still, poor second baby! Once we move he'll have his own room, with the rocker, and DD will get a big girl bed. But we won't do the cute nursery stuff. It's just not our style!

14. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MrsBrewer: We moved last fall so we'll be doing a basic nursery for DD2. She'll have DD1's crib and glider (we bought a cheap Ikea replacement crib for DD1 that will transition to a toddler bed when we're ready). I'm basically painting and have a few prints for the wall - nothing fancy.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: That sounds like exactly what I'll be doing once this baby comes. Nothing fancy at all either! We plan on selling in another year or two, so I'm happy to keep everything simple!

16. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@MrsBrewer: Nope! Baby will be with us in our room until she's 6+ months old. At some point, the girls will share a room, so we don't even have a nursery to decorate!!

17. Mrs. Pickle

@MrsBrewer: DD1's room isn't a nursery anymore. We're turning our guest room into a nursery for DD2. I don't have to paint or buy any new furniture. All I really have to do is make curtains and get some stuff to hang on the walls.

18. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

We just got back from our trip to Hawaii, we had a great time. I wore compression leggings and that was a mistake, I should have just fine the stockings because feet swelled within an hour of taking off in the first flight, the second flight was way better though.

I swear I had a huge growth spurt around 22/23 weeks, at 21 I was still mostly in that chubby looking phase but now I'm definitely pregnant looking. My belly is so achy and I had a ton of BH which I'm hoping we related to my uterus being agitated from the sudden growth. Baby was transverse until our flight home and then she basically spent 6 hours on our red eye wiggling and kicking her way to either head down or breech, I'll probably find out tomorrow, if not then I'll find out Tuesday (my midwife is way better with that stuff than my ob.)

I swear this pregnancy is so much harder than my first with the exception of morning sickness/HG that was definitely worse with my first. I'm not really looking forward to July and August!

19. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: I'm 23 weeks today and I've had pretty strong & frequent BH this evening - I'm hoping growth is the reason for mine too. Baby has been super active tonight so at least I know she's fine. Trying a warm Epsom salt bath and realizing I should probably stop lifting my toddler quite so much...

Did your swelling go away quickly once you landed in Hawaii? I'm dreading the start of that phase.

20. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@peachykeen: yup it took about 24 hours to go down all the way and on the way home the tiny bit I got went down within a few hours. I was way better hydrated both before and during the first flight so no clue what the deal is there. I'm going to ask today if my theory about the growth spurt and BH makes sense. I'll keep you posted!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Anatomy scan was all good news! Little dude was super cooperative, and all looks healthy. Also found out that he is measuring about 2-3 weeks ahead! He is estimated to be over a pound already, instead of the 11oz. Normal. So it looks like a 38wk induction will be just fine! No wonder I look the same as I did at 24wks last time, though I'm at 21wks! He is head down too, placenta nice and high, cervix tight shut and long. I'm so relieved!

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsBrewer: We're doing a remodel and will be totally redecorating the playroom, but we cobed so technically neither kid even has a room. We're going to put a twin with a (real, not crappy flimsy mattress) trundle in the office to make it a guest room, and eventually those will be their beds, and their room, but not for a long while.

Why does anyone think it's a compliment to tell a pregnant woman she doesn't look pregnant at all? At best I'm sad because I'm excited to look pregnant and you told me I'm not. At worst it comes off as I must just look fat because the 10-15 pounds I've gained is on there somewhere. 🙄 But it as my MIL this time and she comments on how skinny I am every time I see her, so I'm pretty sure it translated to "god, even pregnant you're a skinny bitch." I'm glad we don't see her much.

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: hahahahaha! I get those comments too! I'm just not a very big pregnant lady! But I try to take it as a compliment. I don't know your MIL though, and if she is as snarky as you say, she should keep her mouth shut!

24. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I've been on Zantac for 2 days now and OMG what a game changer. I haven't had any reflux and I feel like a new person! So anyone having a hard time, try it!!!

25. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Add me to the suddenly feel (relatively) huge group. 22 weeks tomorrow and where did this come from? And LO says Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!

26. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

I've had a lucky stretch through most of second trimester, but this past week I'm officially at the point where I can't ignore actually getting up to pee at night anymore I would always wake up before, of course, but I could usually fall back asleep without getting up...

I think I'm having some very minor swelling as well because my weight has been fluctuating more lately - very up and down. I don't think it's visible swelling yet, luckily.

At least baby has been very active and keeping me entertained.

27. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

These appointments are getting out of hand. Progesterone every Monday, echocardiogram Thursday, genetics people next Tuesday, and ultrasound next Wednesday. All at different offices in the same building. Couldn't anyone get me in on the same day?

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: are you taking DD to all those?! What a patient kiddo! (and poor you basically living at the doctor!)

29. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Torchwood - I have a mild form of EDS (not the heart issues kind) and have never been offered other testing. I'm interested that they are doing an echo! Good luck with everything.

30. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I'm not taking her to the echo because I'm not sure what it will entail or how long it will take, and hopefully not the ultrasound, but mostly where she goes, I go. She's been SO patient! Thankfully these are all at the building with good escalators, which she loves, and Monday she discovered there's a train! So she's generally excited to go with me. 😆

31. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@coddergirl: Is it the hypermobility type? Maybe it's specific to that? I really don't know much about it. My dad says he had an echo back when they diagnosed him so I guess it's not weird. Who knows. I've been through labor twice, once with pitocin, and my heart and uterus did fine. So hopefully they're worrying about nothing.

32. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Torchwood - yep, hypermobility. Having done quite a bit of research first time round, pregnancy/labor complications are very rare unless you have it pretty severely. Which you would definitely know about already!

33. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: she looks so excited!

I've been working out 5 to 6 days a week, but I haven't been able to go to a prenatal yoga class in 12 weeks, and I miss it! The only time I could go would be 6pm, rushing dinner and missing bedtime with DD, also requiring DH to get home before 5:45 on Tues and Thurs, which isn't always possible. No place in town has middle of the day classes with childcare! So, in the line of "something is better than nothing", we went to toddler yoga yesterday! And DD LOVED IT! She had so much fun, and was such a good listener. So we will go again next week.

DH also surprised me by setting up a YouTube prenatal yoga video after DD went to bed, saying he would bring class to me, and we did the video together. He is so sweet!

34. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: That is so sweet!!

35. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Torchwood: that's a lot of appointments​! Hopefully everything comes out just fine though, it's nice to have reassurance once they bring up yet more stuff to worry about!

I failed to check my messages and drive forty minutes to my doctor's appointment last Friday and he wasn't in. I had such a hard time getting my daughter to get going and she was so mad about going which is unlike her so I especially felt bad. I had my midwife appointment yesterday though and everything is fine. I'm measuring behind but they don't seem concerned at this point.

I swear I have every pregnancy symptom ever except swelling (and I'm sure that's coming!) I'm so over being pregnant already, I am basically the most grumpy person ever these days!

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: Sorry about your stressful non-appointment - that's a long way to drive for a visit! I am right there with you feeling "seriously pregnant" all of a sudden. I swear it happened overnight. And I am only 24 weeks tomorrow!

37. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@peachykeen: ditto! I don't know how I'm going to make it to 40 weeks! I did ask about my growth spurt/lots of BH and the midwife said it definitely makes sense. They've eased up considerably so hopefully they will stay at bay for awhile at least!

38. Mrs. Pickle

I have lots Braxton Hicks. I had the same thing last pregnancy too. Tonight I had a real contraction that lasted at least a minute. I'm going to talk to my OB about it on Friday and call if I have any more tonight. I really don't think I should be having real contractions.

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@coddergirl: Glad to hear your research is similar to mine and there's not much to worry about. My echo came back normal, so no cardiac concerns! I meet with the genetics people Tuesday. Not sure what they'll say since there's no real test and I don't have many symptoms, but it can't hurt. Though out of curiosity is this your first, and if not did you have an epidural before? My dad said one thing EDS can cause is not responding well to numbing, and when I go to the dentist I need literally 3+x as much Novocain as normal people to get numb enough. It made me paranoid an epidural might not work properly. I plan to do nitrous only again, but if I change my mind I don't want to be expecting relief and it not work!

@Mrs. Pickle: Oh no. Hope it was a fluke!

40. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

so I just had an apt this morning and I gained 7 lbs in 4 weeks.....no bueno in my book! UGh I knew I had been snacking with the excuse of pregnancy but this really drove in the message that I need to step up my healthy intake for what I'm comfortable with. I just now feel bad about it all though too...
    glucose test on May 18th !

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee