Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@sunset840: Don't beat yourself up It seems like weight gain during pregnancy is at least partially out of our control. I had this issue with my first pregnancy (rapid weight gain that didn't seem to reflect what I was eating) and my OB told me to make sure to always eat a protein along with my carbs. It really helped! I still ended up gaining more than recommended, but that tip definitely slowed it down.

This time around I'm being less careful and so far have gained much less (go figure) but I think that's starting to change as I get closer to 3rd trimester. I view it as even more evidence that my body was just going to do it's own thing last time, regardless of my best efforts.

2. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@sunset840: Try not to blame yourself! I have reached the point where I have stopped weighing myself at home. When you're doing the best you can, that's all you can do!

Hormones anyone? DH came home late from a week long business trip Friday night and brought home Chick-fil-a for himself but nothing for me. I sat and cried but refused to eat any of his fries. Also teared up reading a picture book about Jane Goodall to DD.

3. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@sunset840: I agree don't beat yourself up! I think our bodies do what they need.

@sojellybean: that would have made me so upset! Not nice.

I had a few more contractions this morning but things have calmed down. My OB said to drink lots of water and to go to the hospital if I start bleeding or they get worse and more frequent. Bleh. DD2 must want to be sure I don't forget about her!

4. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@sunset840: I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks last time around - I know how that feels ... just a shitty feeling of "what did I do wrong?" ... my midwives were so kind and reminded me that we're all doing the best we can, and all of us have different bodies. The weight thing is just a general recommendation! You're awesome!

@sojellybean: Oh no ... the Chick-fil-A thing made me smile. I told my husband our local dump (we're moving, have a lot of trash) was open until 6 when it very clearly closed at 5. I've had a lot of super emotional happenings lately. At least we can semi-laugh about them later.

@Mrs. Pickle: Glad things have calmed down!!

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sunset840: I had a big weight jump from 13 to 17 weeks, panicked, and then only 2pounds from 17 to 21 weeks. It all evened out. Last time I gained 8 pounds in 3 weeks, then zero the 3 weeks after (I think it was between 28-34 weeks). Babies have growth spurts! Just watch the snacking, watch the cheese and carbs, get out and walk, and you will be fine! Our bodies know what they are doing!

6. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

We moved this past weekend, and even though I tried taking it easy, I am stressed (physically and mentally). I've been having what almost seem like braxton hicks all day, but not sure. It's almost like a dull ache in the left/back part of my uterus. Baby is moving around just fine, and they are definitely not painful contractions (just this odd ache). I see my midwife on Friday, but I'm hoping it's just my body's way of telling me to slow down.

7. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: it sounds like round ligament issues or some other pulled muscle thing. Take it easy today, maybe take a warm bath, and be sure to bring it up on Friday! Hope you feel better soon!

8. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: I agree that it sounds round ligament-related. I had some weird round ligament pain a few weeks ago that worried me enough to call the nurse. It did not go away with changing positions or drinking water, but both the nurse and OB suggested a maternity belt may help. Mine hasn't really come back, so I can't verify whether it would have worked or not, though.

9. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: I'm having a lot of RLP this time around, and have felt almost like a bruised feeling on one side or the other near my hip at times. I was checked one extra time by my MW after a particularly bad few days and all was fine, about 5 weeks ago.

One thing they asked that's given me some comfort on uncomfortable days was whether the discomfort is constant or comes on as the day goes on, and for me it's almost always in the second half of the day. I feel good most mornings. They said that's suggestive of RLP and standard aches and pains.

Hope you're feeling better! I'm having a tough time figuring the right activity level this time around, as my uncomfortable days don't always correlate to busy days - I'm still at crossfit 2x a week but will have random days at my desk at work where I'm so uncomfortable!

10. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Torchwood: YES I had an epidural for the last 2 hours of labor after 24 hours... (it was amazing :). I actually could still lift my legs which was helpful for the pushing process, but all the pain went away. Hoping for a light epidural again actually. I numb up easily though, so it's interesting what you say about Novacaine! My understanding is that they can 'turn it up' if it's not enough pain relief for you.

11. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: @peachykeen: @Mrs. Microscope: Thank you!!! I think you're right - RLP. I haven't felt it today, so I'm sure I just overdid it. I've seen those maternity belts, and will ask my midwife about it on Friday. Thanks, ladies!!

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

This progesterone is kicking my ass, so I gave in and emailed the midwives about pregnancy safe antidepressants. I'll probably start Zoloft after my appointment next week. Also, I'm sick. I always get at least a couple nasty colds when I'm pregnant. 😣 But DH took off and has the kiddo so at least I get a break and got to sleep in. Silver linings.

13. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: I'm sorry You've probably seen it already, but there's new research out this week that is encouraging about antidepressants and pregnancy, so hopefully that is reassuring. Hope you can get some rest and some meds and start feeling better soon!

14. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Is anyone else starting to feel really impatient for the birth of our babies? Now that I'm so close to third tri (and feeling huge/peeing constantly) I don't know how I'm going to wait another 3 months to meet baby girl! Don't get me wrong - I absolutely want her to keep baking until at least 38 weeks, but why is that still so far away!!

I feel like I need to find a new hobby to make the time pass faster, but I can't even start on the nursery until DH clears out/builds some furniture. Sigh.

15. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Torchwood: I think that's a good choice if you and your provider think it would help. I am ALL ABOUT self-care, and as someone with PPD and anxiety, I love to see the new research that shows a positive connection.

@peachykeen: I am the opposite, lol. We just moved, so I'm like, OMG! HOW IS IT GOING SO FAST?!?! I'd like a 42 weeker, lol (ps, Universe: I'm totally kidding - 42 weeks in August would be horrible).

16. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: I am SO HAPPY that you are confronting your issues and getting help! Way to be proactive! I'm sure your doc can get you on something right away so you can feel better and keep little boy safe! More women should take care of themselves like this.

@peachykeen: yes, I am counting down weeks! Only 17 weeks until due date, meaning 15-16 weeks until induction! But he has to stay a minimum of 14 weeks, to be full term and make it past DD's 2nd birthday. So soon yet so far away!

17. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

24 weeks today & viability. Good to meet this milestone but she needs to stay in there for a lot longer! Can't believe I'm only 16 weeks from due date! I've been having horrible pelvic pain. No pressure but man it hurts so bad when I've been sitting for a while & then get up, change positions in bed or get up after sleeping. Hoping the chircopractor can help out some but 24 weeks seems too early for this!!

18. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: I am so done with pregnancy and feeling restricted and with all the worry because of my placenta previa and contractions. I wish it was August!

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: @littlejoy: @Mrs. Microscope: Thank you for the support! It's really hard for me to ask for help, both because of a natural disinclination to talk about it with anyone, and because every time I have it's gone badly. But I adore my midwives and they were already super supportive and awesome just in replying to my email. (Also love that I can email them. Technology is so great for those of us wth social/phone anxiety.) And as a bonus, I mentioned how much I love them and wish I could just see them for everything, and turns out they recently opened an office doing just regular medical care for women, not just the obstetrical/gynecological stuff. So hurray for having a pcp I love.

Baby boy managed to scare me last night. He was moving like CRAZY, like I've heard they can have seizures in utero and I was starting to worry level of crazy, and then just stopped. And would. not. move. I poked him and eventually got a response, but I'd really like if he could just not do that anymore. I really wish I hadn't been too sick to go to my ultrasound today so I could have had some reassurance. 😕

20. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Torchwood: My 1st LO has movements like that ... I legitimately thought she was having seizures (I could feel her shaking rapidly). It only happened a few times, but I remember that fear. My midwives said there wasn't any reason to worry because that's normal - but it didn't feel normal in that moment. Glad you're feeling normal movement today!

21. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Anyone order a pump yet?

I'm looking at the Spectra 2, Hygeia Enjoye, and Medela PISA. I did not have success with the Ameda last time, ended up using a hand me down PISA most of the time. I struggled with supply so want the most effective one I can get.

22. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: Spectra was much better than PISA for me last time - I'll probably order another. I EP'ed with DD1 so I used both A LOT.

I don't think my insurance lets me order until a month from due date, but I should call to make sure.

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Revel: my insurance requires me to wait until a month before due date, so I'll order mine in July. I'm planning on paying the upcharge for the medela freestyle so I can pump while playing with DD and chasing her wherever. I figure if DS is napping or just chilling on the floor or swing, it's DD's time with me, and I should maximize it!

24. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

It's 12:30 am my time and I just got up to pee and now I can't sleep but today one of my best girlfriends had her baby boy and it got me thinking of how far but yet how close we are to the due date. I decided to get a tracker app to bide the time awake and today was 100 days till my due date! Fate or something right that I happen to install it today!?!? Also when it was 100 days till my wedding I remember the time flying by so hopefully that will happen again here too! anything happening with you ladies that you're excited about?

25. Mrs. Pickle

@sunset840: I was wondering today about how close I'm getting to the 100 day mark.

My OB appointment went great. Baby didn't want to stay still long enough for the nurse to listen to find her heartbeat. My OB said a few contractions are ok as long as they don't increase in frequency or pain. I haven't had any in days so I'm not going to worry about that anymore. Up next is my follow up scan to check on my placenta's location. Then the glucose test. At my next appointment I'll be getting my Rhogam shot.

26. Mrs. Pickle

Some of y'all due at the beginning of the month must be getting close to the third trimester!

27. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I have 115 days until due date, so just over 100u til induction! And 3.5 weeks until third trimester!

28. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: I ordered mine and got it over a month ago. I went with the Spectra per the advice of my AMAZING lactation consultant. She said she's seen really great results (I have low supply due to genetic issues, so a good pump is vital). I'm excited to see how it compares to the PISA.

@Mrs. Pickle: I think I'm in the 3rd trimester already? I'm 26 weeks tomorrow, but not sure how the trimesters are officially broken up.

Had a midwife visit yesterday. Baby is breech at 26 weeks. Midwife says no biggie - she still has lots of room to move around in there. BUT, LO1 was never breech (once they could determine position), so seeing "BR" on my position column of the visit summary is weird to me. I gardened for an hour today on my hands and knees. Going to get this baby to spin.

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Revel: I just got my breast pump in the mail yesterday! I have a Medela Freestyle from last time still, but I ordered a Spectra S2 this time.

30. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MrsBrewer: @littlejoy: @Mrs. Microscope: @peachykeen: thanks for the input! I keep hearing such good things about the Spectra, I think that might be the one. I don't think I have to wait to order but Ill check.

31. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Guys, I suddenly feel GIGANTIC! Not sure if it's the heat or the fact that I looked at pictures from my last pregnancy and look right now at 23 weeks how I did at 28 weeks last time, but I'm having a bad time. Wonder if my weight shot up or if it's just perception...

32. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Revel: Right around 22 or 23 weeks-ish, I posted on here about suddenly feeling gigantic. I'm 24 and change now and have started getting a few "Oh, this baby's coming soon!" type comments that make me want to throat punch someone...

33. Mrs. Blue

I realized today, that we're right around three months out now! In some ways, it still seems like a really long time and in other ways, I can't believe it's coming so quickly.

That said, August is going to be insane. Our twins start pre-k in August, but it's at a magnet school where they will go through first grade, so it has a lot more of the stereotypical elementary school feel and activities. They actually start school on Aug. 16, and have a Meet the Teacher thing on Aug. 10 that I would really like to be able to go to and not have to send them with their grandparents. For work, I have a massive fundraising event that I'm in charge of on August 22, and there is no way to get out of doing that. My due date is Aug. 15. When am I going to have a baby in there??!?!?! I think I'm going to pray my OB can schedule my c-section on the 11th, so I could go to the teacher thing, go have a baby, be out of the hospital in time for their first day of school, and have a week and a half before my work event. I know we'll survive, but it all kind of makes me want to cry to think about. Is anyone else finding August to be a tricky time for having a baby?

34. Mrs. Pickle

@Revel: I look way bigger this time! I wa sure my fundal height would be measuring ahead but it's right on track. So confusing. This baby is lower and bigger and I'm definitely struggling.

35. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Blue: oh my goodness! That is so much going on. My DD starts back at pre school a week after my due date. I'm just hoping to be recovered enough to drop her off the first day.

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

I think I'm about the same size as my day pregnancy, but I'm starting to feel very pregnant & big despite that!

Had my 25.5 week ultrasound this morning and FINALLY got some good pictures of baby She's measuring right on track at 1 lb 13 oz.

37. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Blue: @Mrs. Pickle: good to know I'm not alone! I'm trying to remember just because I'm bigger earlier doesn't mean I'll end up bigger in the end. Right?!? I've been measuring exactly on track this whole time and have gained less weight, so I'm curious if that holds at my appt next week.

@Mrs. Blue: time is going both fast and slow, i agree. Your August sounds intense! My daughter will also be starting pre K but it's at her same preschool so hopefully will be a pretty seamless transition.

@peachykeen: great pics! Glad everything is looking good.

I ended up ordering the Spectra 2 pump, waiting on insurance confirmation. My neighbor also gave me a new in box PISA, so i should be set and will keep the one that I respond to best at work and use the other at home when I need it.

38. Mrs. Blue

@Revel: The boys go to half-day 3 yr old pre-k this year in the same building their daycare is in (it has a PK3-5th grade private school and then a daycare), and the transition to that was totally a non-issue, so hopefully yours will be like that! I'm not even sure the boys really know there's a difference, other than that the teachers are different in the morning v. the afternoon.

39. Mrs. Blue

@peachykeen: So cute!

40. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Mrs. Blue: my daughter starts kindergarten on Aug 21 and I'm due the 16th. No idea when baby will come, but really hoping I'm able to take her to first day of school, or at least not be in labor so my husband can take her! DS is at the same preschool so that won't be a big deal. Hope your timeline works out perfectly for you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee