Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@sunset840: That's exactly why we don't tell names. My mom would be polite but the whole rest of both of our families are not going to be!

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sunset840: we don't share names for this reason! My MIL and BIL have voted for the name Talon Phoenix, which isn't happening, but we call him that around them to be funny.

3. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

Now that we're about halfway, I'm so interested to know the differences you all have had between this pregnancy and others (especially if this baby's sex is different that before). With my son, I was carrying really low and had to pee, no joke, a couple times an hour! I didn't have any breakouts, or any real change in appetite after morning sickness left.

With this girl, I am feeling pressure in my stomach instead with fullness/heartburn, my face is a mess, and I'm hungry all the time! And m/s was worse.

Any observations?

4. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Carrying smaller, no sex drive, probably going to gain a couple more pounds (nothing crazy though). Boy this time instead of girl!

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I thought baby #1 was low, baby #2 is was lower. I have more pelvic pressure, aches and pains this time. My level of morning sickness and food aversions has been similar. I've gained way less weight this time around so far. I didn't show sooner this time like I expected. This pregnancy is high risk (Higher chance of miscarriage, chromosome issues, and now placenta previa) Same sex. It really comes down to:

Baby #1 hard to conceive, easy pregnancy
    Baby #2 easy to conceive, hard pregnancy

6. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@coddergirl: I love how you say you peed a couple times an hour like it's shocking. I forget that for normal people it is. I have such a tiny bladder that if I don't watch my fluid intake I pee a couple times an hour not pregnant. 🙈

Honestly almost no noticable differences between pregnancies. This is my third, first boy. I think I may be having fewer Braxton hicks, which I hope is accurate. Other than that it all feels remarkably similar.

7. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

Had our anatomy scan yesterday and its a girl!
    I'm so thrilled! More importantly, no issues and all parts look great. Baby was not very cooperative during the scan so we didn't get great pictures but the tech worked some magic and got everything she needed.

8. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

I just found myself Googling: "Can a baby move too much?" - I feel like this little gal has been moving since 4:00 yesterday morning. For one, I can tell she's breech (not that it matters at 23 weeks), and LO1 was nearly always head-down ... maybe I just didn't feel LO1 moving this much because of her positioning. Either way, it's freaking me out a bit. But apparently a baby can't move too much.

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@littlejoy: Awww!! Jealous!! I have an anterior placenta, so now at 21 weeks, I'm still barely feeling any movement! I'm hoping to start feeling more definite kicks soon though.

10. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@MrsBrewer: I definitely like being able to feel kicks, I just worry she's been awake for 36 hours. The placenta location compared to feeling movement is so interesting. Do you think you'll feel kicks on the "inside" side of your uterus first?

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@littlejoy: Maybe she's a restless sleeper, and kicks around in her sleep! hahahah

I have no idea! I mean I do feel random movements, but they are way down low....he's breech right now, so it's his little feet stomping down. But other than that, I don's feel really anything in my belly/abdomen yet. The ultrasound tech said that I have a very big/thick placenta also. hahah

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: DD was always moving! I never had to do kick counts, because I would get the requisite 10 kicks within 10 seconds! My current little guy has been kicking more and more, so I'm a lot less worried than I was a few weeks ago. I totally think they move in their sleep inside, because they aren't swaddled and at this point they still have lots of room! I can tell little dude is transverse, which DD was at this point too. He'll probably flip by 32 weeks!

13. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

I don't feel like this pregnancy has been very different from my last. This is 19 weeks side by side from first and second.

14. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2) , Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Apr 10 - Torchwood
    Apr 11 - Revel (anatomy scan)
    Apr 12 - MommySLP (anatomy scan)
    Apr 14 - Mrs. Microscope (anatomy scan)

15. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Back from our week in Europe so I figured I'd update the list.

Happy to say I had virtually no swelling throughout the trip (well, my ring finger swelled a bit while doing a lot of uphill hiking on a very hot day, but I still consider that a win!) Ready to rest a little this week and get my life back in order.

As for differences between pregnancies... I started this pregnancy at a higher weight but have gained much less, so I'm pretty close to the weight I was at 22 weeks with DD1. I had excruciating back pain with DD1 from about 10 week to 26 weeks, so this pregnancy definitely feels easier overall so far!

My bump might be very slightly larger/earlier this time around, but I don't think enough that anyone would notice. Hoping the next 15-18 weeks keep going just as well!

16. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Same here - I started this pregnancy higher (mostly due to muscle from working out pre-pregnancy, but that's laughable now since I've literally done NO physical activity since getting pregnant), but I'm pretty even with my first pregnancy weight at this point.

We settled on a name, but we're keeping it secret until baby girl is born, ha. We were team green last time, and really liked having that surprise to share with family. This time, most of our friends (not family yet) know we're having a girl, so we're going to let her name be a surprise. It's a weird name, but fits our style ... also, the middle name (Zia) is a bit of kismet - we bought a new book for LO, and one of the characters has this name. It's a Hebrew name that I've ALWAYS loved, but wanted to use for a boy. Seeing a girl with the name made me realize it can totally work, and makes me heart so happy. I first heard of it in the movie "Wristcutters" - a macabre movie, but it's kind of magical. It means "light".

17. Mrs. Pickle

20 week bump. I'm glad to be halfway. I go back to the OB for a regular checkup on 4/28 and to my MFM for a scan to see if my placenta has moved on 5/18.

DH was teasing me about the fact that the baby is so low. He said she's just going to fall out when I go into labor. She better give me an easy time! I'm in constant pain now and she's not even that big yet.

18. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I have a checkup on 4/28 too. Liquid cal-mag (Country Life brand - berry flavor) has really helped me with the aches. It helps with sleep too.

19. Mrs. Pickle

@littlejoy: Is that magnesium? I don't know much about supplements. Do you mind if I ask where are your aches? Mine are all in the pelvic area.

20. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: It's calcium and magnesium ... magnesium helps with aches and pains, and helps regulate sleep (gives a calming effect). I have pelvic pain as well as hip pain ... it helps both! I think magnesium can make people have to poop or constipate?? I'm not sure, but I haven't had issues with it.

21. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @littlejoy: Magnesium can treat constipation. Definitely don't want to overdo it! (I did once, not pretty.) I hadn't heard it can treat aches but maybe that's why I don't have many so far, since I take it every day.

Met with MFM today, just for a consult. Mostly nothing unexpected. They will do a couple extra ultrasounds to monitor growth and my cervical length in the next month or so, and another one or two later to watch the ventricles just in case. But she did say hydrocephalus almost always shows up on the 20 week scan if it's going to happen, so that's encouraging.

One thing I hadn't expected, she said she's going to talk to the geneticist to see about getting me in with them. My dad was diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder that is hereditary. There's a 50% chance I (or any kid he has) will have it too. He wasn't diagnosed till after I had LO, so it's never been a consideration during pregnancy before. I tried to see the geneticist last year but they weren't taking any non-urgent new patients at that time. But the MFM thinks I'll qualify now that I'm pregnant. Mostly they're apparently concerned about cardiac issues and I'll probably have an echocardiogram to check that. Though I'd never heard that there are even cardiac implications so I'm wondering if that's not applicable to the type my dad has. (There are several types, all with different issues, and you can only inherit the type your parent has.) The other concern is uterine rupture so now they're hanging C-section possibility over my head, but I've been through labor twice, once with pitocin, so it just seems like if there was a problem we'd know by now. Who knows. I might not even have EDS. But anyway, we'll see what comes of that. 😕

22. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Torchwood: Why do they seem concerned about uterine rupture? Previous c-section?

23. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@littlejoy: EDS is a connective tissue disorder, and apparently there's a lot of connective tissue in the uterus. So it could make it weaker I guess?

24. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@littlejoy: But no, no previous c-section.

25. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

My anatomy scan is this afternoon. I'm ready to get it done. At 22 weeks, it feels soooo late.

@Mrs. Pickle: You look great!

26. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Torchwood: hopefully it all works out & it's something you don't even have to worry about!

@Mrs. Blue: mine is tomorrow at 22 weeks. My Ob does them all at 22 weeks, she said it's easier to see things. But I agree, it feels so late.

I'm just kinda plugging away. My reflux is so out of control---no matter what I eat/don't eat, etc. it's been making me throw up again lately. Tums are just not cutting it, and it's so miserable. Going to have to talk to my OB about it tomorrow.

27. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Blue: @MommySLP: my anatomy scan is Friday at 21 weeks, which seems late to me. I can't imagine having to wait another week!

28. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MommySLP: I'm on meds for reflux and it really helps. Apparently there are a couple different options (it's starting to come back even with medicine so I asked yesterday if there's anything I can do if it gets worse. She said there are a couple stronger options.) I don't like taking unnecessary medicine while pregnant, but it's definitely worth it!

29. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: @MommySLP: ugh, reflux! Mine has actually subsided a bit the last few weeks, oddly. I'm sure it will be back.

@Mrs. Blue: my scan is this afternoon as well! I'm 20+4, and ready to finally see the baby. My last scan was at 7 or 8 weeks.

30. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Revel: I'm blaming my sudden increase on the progesterone. It has so many side effects so far why not that too? 😫

31. Mrs. Blue

@Revel: It feels like it's been forever! Hope you have a good report today and get to see lots of sweet shots of this kiddo!

32. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

I'm excited so many of you have scans this week. So fun!!!

33. Mrs. Blue

Does anyone else feel like their bump suddenly exploded? I'm 22 weeks today, and I was definitely showing before, but in the last week or so, I feel like I went from looking 4 or so month pregnant to like . . . 8 months . . .basically overnight. I even feel like I"m starting to move like a largely pregnant person. Yikes. I looked in the bathroom mirror at work today and thought, "Oh my, people are about to start making the 'Any day now!' comments and I'm going to have to tell them I'm barely passed half way."

34. Mrs. Blue

Scan was fine but they couldn't get all the views they needed of the heart, brain, & face, so I'll have another scan on May 23. Still a girl!

35. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Blue: that seems really late! Last time DD didn't cooperate, so I had another scan just 2 weeks later (fastest they could do it for non emergency purposes). Glad all is well so far!

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I also think I got way bigger between 21 and 22 weeks! I wore the same outfit on our flights to/from Europe at 21 weeks and 22+2 weeks and DH commented on the way there that I didn't really look pregnant, but I think I definitely did on the flight home!

I'm feeling awful rib pain today though, so I guess it's just that time...

37. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @Mrs. Blue: Yeah, that seems super late to me too. They couldn't get all the shots they needed for mine and I'm going back what will be 2 weeks later. And my anatomy scan was at 19 weeks, not 22. Just seems late to find issues. Though, of course, I'm sensitive to that, given my history.

38. Mrs. Blue

@Mrs. Microscope: @Torchwood: I thought that seemed pretty late, too, but my OB got called to a delivery so I didn't actually talk to him. I suppose after he reviews the ultrasound he could always have them move it up. It stresses me out a little bit, but the tech did say she could see enough of the brain to tell nothing was (cannot remember her exact wording but basically it was extended/swollen to far) and she could see the baby had a four-chamber heart but couldn't get any other details she needed to see. I'm trying to be chill about it. My last pregnancy they couldn't see all the facial features, but that was all we were waiting on and I thought I remembered it being done 3 or 4 weeks later.

39. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: I forgot you're doing the progesterone shots, could def have something to do with it. Like clockwork, my heartburn is back today, haha!

@Mrs. Blue: scan went well! They got all the pics they needed and said we're healthy and low risk insofar as they can know these things, so we're feeling good. Hope they can get what they need at your next scan.

Add me to the feeling large group - I can't believe how much growing there still is to come, but I look distinctly pregnant now.

40. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Got an email from MFM that they want to go ahead and do an echo. I get the impression that even with pregnancy making it somewhat urgeny it will take time to get me in with the genetics people. And there's no genetic test for the type of EDS that my dad has anyway, so they can't say anything definitive given that I don't have any obvious symptoms like he does.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee