Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

AUGUST 2018 POAS

1. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

Question gals, if your period doesn't come and no BFP either, at what point can you count yourself out? I'm suspecting a cyst but will have to schedule an appointment with my doctor soon to know for sure what's going on.

My last two cycles were very regular. I don't know what's going on.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: I have a normal 28 day cycle, if I hit CD 35 w/o a BFP, my doctor wants to see me and test/prescribe meds to start my period.

This hasn't happened yet, but it's the rule he gave.

3. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm cramping and having some light brown spotting so not feeling super positive I know spotting doesn't mean I'm out but I've never had spotting in cycles I conceived.

4. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Sams Mom: I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you! I've been slowly losing weight and taking inositol. But I haven't been careful the last couple of weeks with first and carbs. Could that have played a role? I'm usually a 30/31 day cycle.

@skinnycow: I'm sorry. They say every pregnancy is different, so maybe there's still a chance? 🀞 for you!

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: My OBGYN told me that it can take up to a week or more for HCG to process in some people as it has to metabolize through the liver and kidneys before it shows in the urine. By then the line may not even be bold on a 10 miu HPT; however, on blood qualitative and quantitative tests, the numbers are where they should be. Wait a week after your AF was due and test again ... in the meantime, schedule an exam. You could be pregnant (YAY!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€) or it could be a "wonky" (word of the month πŸ˜•πŸ˜‚) cycle. Good luck, hun! πŸ’™

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Aw, I'm sorry! πŸ˜•. Keeping positive here: Every cycle and every pregnancy is different SO who knows? Until AF is in full swing, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: LOL. I just read your reply to skinny after writing mine and realized we were on the same track. #samebrain. #greatmindsthinkalike πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

8. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: thanks for the info! I feel like those symptoms are me all the time lol. but i'll definitely ask my dr to get retested.

9. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: I’m in a similar situation. AF was due 8/13 and still hasn’t shown and I keep testing and getting BFNs. It sucks. . I’m on cycle day 32. My average is 29 days although I did have a cycle around this time last year that was 34 days...I’ve had a cold/virus so I’m wondering if that messed me up? I’m going to wait a few more days and plan on testing again then if still no period.

10. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you! 😊 Wonky is the perfect word for it. πŸ˜– I'm ready for some normalcy. I'll give it one more week. Tomorrow I'll be setting up a new appointment. Wish me luck! πŸ€žπŸ™ I'll be on the market for a new OB. 😬

@magnolia: I'm sorry. πŸ˜” I've heard illness can make an impact on your cycle. Hopeful you get a BFP! πŸ€žπŸ™

11. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@magnolia: it’s so frustrating to be late and get a BFN. I’m sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I was ignoring all of those symptoms after I had my son because I thought being that rundown just came with the postpartum... Having a balanced thyroid makes a world of difference!

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So you know how you can tell someone something 100 times and then you go and do it when you know you shouldn't?

Well I used another OPK this evening and it was just as positive as yesterday's πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ ugggghhhhhh

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

How is everyone today? πŸ˜€

15. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

It's been such a busy board. Let's see...

@skinnycow: It's not over yet! Let's hope for the best.

@MrsDynamiteGal: @magnolia: So sad to hear you're both in a similar sucky situation. Fingers crossed you both get good news soon.

@SupernovaJ: I'm from Estonia.

@Kaohinani: Those cravings seem...interesting. I'm hoping to see some great news from you soon!

I'm 11 dpo today, BBT broke out of the sawtooth pattern and has risen two days in a row now. Not much, but at least it's not falling, there hasn't been any spotting yet.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I'm getting excited for you ... No spotting and an increase in BBT is encouraging news!πŸ˜€ I hope to see your BFP soon!

17. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

BFN

18. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: I'm sorry, hopefully it's still too early.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: No, say it ain't so! 😟 I'm sorry. Still hoping there is a possibility.

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: that sucks!

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Hopefully the next 2 days will confirm ovulation happened yesterday. This is the weirdest (read wonkiest, to go with the theme) looking temp chart I've had in a while.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Nice temperature jump! πŸ˜ƒ. Hoping FF says you OVed. August has been the "wonkiest" month ever for cycles! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‚. How is the ovary that DS beat up? Are you feeling better today?

I'm holding tight at 98.22 (* chart affixed for your viewing pleasure. πŸ˜‰), but I'm hoping for a temp "rise" soon. If it dips or drops, I don't think I'll POAS this month simply to avoid seeing a BFN. It has actually started to induce panic attacks in me so I figured I'd remove the catalyst for my attacks by ONLY testing if I am 99% certain I may "possibly" receive a BFP. (I live with Schrodinger's Cat 🐱 Theory [paradox] in effect in my head at all times while TTC. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚).

23. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Schrodinger's Cat is pregnant and not pregnant at the same time!

No drop for you too, looking good!

Here's my chart for your collection. Today's temp is 98,45Β°F.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: as an individual my left ovary (the victim) isn't in any worse shape than the other... But both of them are killing me today! If I cough, sneeze, yawn, move certain ways they remind me they're there and huge. 😬

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Yes, EXACTLY -- I have the paradox of a possibly pregnant or not pregnant cat (me) in my mind at all times. πŸ˜‚. Unless I test and see a BFN (or BFP ... But that hasn't happened in over 4 years), the possibility stands that I could be either and I am content. Once I see that BFN, I become terribly depressed for a day or two. I find comfort in "the cat" during TTC. πŸ˜‚

Your chart looks AMAZING, at current! πŸ˜€ Very promising.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Aw, poor ovaries! πŸ˜• I'm glad It isn't getting worse though! The discomfort sounds more Clomid-related at this point ... Especially since you are on a higher dose. Incidentally, I spoke with the CNP at my PCM's office about switching to Femara. They know my OBGYN fairly well and know he doesn't prescribe it as much BUT she said she will discuss it with both my PCM and OBGYN since I have had issues with Clomid (* swelling, weight gain, breast issues, nausea/gagging ... The list goes on. πŸ˜‚). She stated, if I don't conceive this cycle, we should skip a cycle and start fresh, perhaps, with Femara since effects are less. It can easily be taken after a full (6) cycles of Clomid, she was saying ... So food for thought if you don't wish to jump into IUI just yet. Also, Femara often works for women when Clomid didn't.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Femara and about 10 Femara questions are on my rapidly growing list of questions for my next appointment My doctor isn't going to be stoked when he sees we've reverted to extensive lists of questions instead of a few key words wrote on my hand He'll get over it

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: ROFL. πŸ˜‚ You have crossed over to the dark side!!! I've been coming in with short lists for years and some drs appreciate it because it makes for a succinct line of Q&A, while others seem far less amused by the fact I want educated responses to inquiries over ailments and the use of medications. I don't feel bad for them ... my questions come from a place of honest curiosity and a wish to gain knowledge. I'm not just being a "P.I.T.A." for the H*ll of it. πŸ˜‚

29. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I got a BFP this morning. It was light, but pink within the 3 minute mark, and dried much darker. It was also not a very long hold.

@Kaohinani: I find testing less often less stressful. I actually slept poorly last night in anticipation of testing this morning. I also love a good Schrodinger cat analogy.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mdf106: OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! We NEED a picture! I am so EXCITED! Congratulations!!!!

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

β˜€August 2018 POAS -

Yellowbeach: TBD
    Hypatia: Aug 1
    Megpie: Aug 7
    Mrs. Toad: Aug 9
    Emileecatherine: Aug 12
    Magnolia: Aug 14
    MrsDynamiteGal: Aug 14
    MDF106: Aug 16
    SkinnyCow: Aug 17
    SupernovaJ: Aug 20
    Paranundrum : Aug 20
    Kaohinani : Aug 20
    Jessiemuller88: Aug 22
    Sam's Mom: Aug 25
    Hypatia: Aug 26

🍁 September 2018 POAS

Starlitsky: Sept 1
    Mrs. Toad: Sept 3

Best of luck to everyone this (& next) month!

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mdf106: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YAY!

Pictures please! Because if I can't pee on a stick for at least 8 days, I want to look at some

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Half the time I have a list, and half of that time I forget it in my purse... So then I have to have my doctor dig it out of my purse for me (because no pants and all). I think he's considered just taking my list and writing answers on it and giving it back but he endures my endless questions very well.

Where I differ from you is I try to be a pain in his ass, it keeps him on his toes

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with POAS bit I just looked out the window and caught Luna (Lab-pit mix) standing on the bench on our deck. Is this normal behavior for a twit lab puppy or could she also be part Billy goat?!? πŸ˜‚

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: totally normal! We've called my lab our furry gargoyle for years πŸ˜‚

*Disclaimer* My AR had an empty mag in it and set down long enough to take the picture*

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Good to know she is normal-ish. Lol. I wasn't all that worried about the AR. Your husband is a police officer so I assumed proper firearm procedure would be followed anyway. πŸ˜‰.

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I didn't think you would be, but I never know how people will respond to my having guns, and like to nip comments if I can. (I've had guns longer than my husband has :P, and I had it coated turquoise and teal so my husband couldn't steal it from me)

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I absolutely understand ... especially with the social climate today. (I am neither confirmed to be a definitive liberal nor a conservative by my own decision and I refuse to discuss politics as it becomes too heated. My point of view is situational.). I am a well-educated, military spouse who has used guns [safely] for sport since I was 8; but I do believe not EVERY Tom, Dick, n Harry should own one as mental health and motive are huge issues. I taught one county over from Sandy Hook in CT. It rocked the entire state. I appreciate it when people are respectful and responsible gun owners (as I am positive you are).

* Affixed is a photo from an "Army spouses' training day." We used simulations and artillery with blanks. I do own 2 guns which are always locked (ammo separate). My husband, 3. Hope it makes you feel better as I am putting myself out there as well. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

.... ANNND, now bringing it back to TTC and POAS.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

YES I want to see the first Positive of the August POAS!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee