Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

AUGUST 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Oh, ๐Ÿ˜• I'm sorry to read you began AF, although I'm glad you are a bit more excited at the prospect of a May baby than an April one. โ˜บ Hope you get your "May-bae" next cycle! ๐Ÿ’œ

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Looking "Ovum therapists" up in the telephone book and online ... It appears that it is an untapped vocation. ๐Ÿ˜‚

3. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Fingers crossed the second cycle will be the lucky last one!

@Kaohinani: We might just have stumbled on a gold mine here. How quickly can we set up our own practice? I can run the European branch.

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: ๐Ÿ˜‚ Sounds like a plan! I can man the North American sector. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

5. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Deal!

6. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

5 dpo... I haaaate the two week wait! Not testing until next Friday so I have a long way to go.

Thankfully I have some distractions. We put our house on the market last week and we're going to the "design center" to pick out interior features for our new home!

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: I'm 1 dpo by FF (Using CBEAD, cm, CP, and temps), BUT 2 dpo by Smilereader (OPKs that hit POS at 9 pm, cm, temps). I'm RIGHT there with you ... The TWW is absolute agony!!! ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ฒ. Good luck selling your home! How very exciting - designing and decorating a new home ๐Ÿกas well. Honestly, decorating is the best part!

8. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I'm sorry about AF. ๐Ÿ™ Hope May is your month! ๐Ÿคž

@SupernovaJ : Also trying for our third! My boys keep asking me where their third Musketeer/Ninja is at. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’œ

@skinny cow : What a welcome distraction ๐ŸคฉVery excited for you! Good luck!

Anyone know if it's possible to test 9/10 dpo? ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: It's possible, if you have an early implanter... And I have no room to talk because I will pee on a stick every damn time on 9 dpo, but it is early still.

10. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: I got a positive at 8dpo with my daughter and not until 13 dpo with my second pregnancy so it can go either way!

I usually test that early (or earlier) but I'm trying to hold off and not be a crazy person this month.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: Yes, I received a 9 dpo BFP with my son. I always write that I'm going to begin POAS on my expected AF, however, knowing I got a BFP with G @ 9 dpo, MOST months, I start testing with 10 miu HPTs at 9 dpo. ๐Ÿ˜‰. (I've been a bit "test-shy" lately, though as I'm getting a bit down after seeing all of those BFNs month after month. We'll see this month though. *fingers and toes crossed*)
    I'd say, "go for it," if you feel like a BFP could be a possibility. I'd love to see a big, beautiful, positive test! ๐Ÿ˜€

12. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: @paranundrum: @Kaohinani: Thanks, hopefully May it is. Good luck to all of you for August.

13. Emileecatherine

pea / 7 posts

So AF can last night which mean this cycle was 22 days. Last 3 months they have been getting shorter and shorter (26, 24, 22 days). Had a long conversation with DH and he wants to see my obgyn before going back to the RE. Called to schedule an appt and they said they could squeeze me in in 5 weeks. So just because I was curious I called the RE's office and they told me they are scheduling out until Dec! The receptionist was able to find one open appointment in a month. So now I have to have a conversation about which appointment to keep. I'm going to advocate for the RE since my obgyn has already told me that is the next step. I'm feeling really defeated and frustrated because this is almost identical to what we went through before DD and its like he keep expecting a different answer. I'm just ready to be proactive.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Emileecatherine: I'm sorry AF came. ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh, I absolutely feel for you! I have been there with a similar situation (with my old RE over 1-1/2 years ago). Also, as I get older [and following each subsequent c-section], my cycle becomes shorter, so I can empathize with your frustration. Perhaps you should find out why your DH wants you to wait and keeps expecting a different response from the same actions (ie visiting your OBGYN and the "natural" method for conception.). He may have reasons he has yet to share with you. In response to whether or not to take the RE appointment: I believe that if the opportunity is there, it is a gift - Be proactive but be sensitive of your husband's concerns. I hope my response was helpful.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Magnolia: @Starlitsky: Just checking in on you, ladies. ๐Ÿ˜€. Star, I know your POAS date isn't until Sept 1st but I was wondering how you've been this cycle thus far.

16. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Sam's mom: I would so too! I actually gave in this past Monday ๐Ÿ˜œ been really terrible this cycle lol!

@skinnycow @kaohinani
    That is really interesting and encouraging! I wish I remembered what my cycles were like with my previous boys for comparison, too. Hopefully this will be it!

17. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Emileecatherine: I'd go to the RE if this seems to be going the same way it went before your daughter. Good luck with whatever you decide.

18. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@SupernovaJ: I am also TTC my third after conceiving on the first try with my first two. I am on my fourth month, but I know age is not in my favor (32 and 35 with my first two; 38 now).

My chart has been unclear this month, I think I will try OPKs next month if this month is unsuccessful. It seems like such a hassle to have to use them at work, though.

19. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@mdf106: Good luck to you (and everyone else)!

Have you used OPKs at work in the past? I use the Clearblue Advanced Digital (smiley face one) and just test in the AM with fmu (and once in the PM too if it's closer to O). This cycle wasn't too bad--I've been trying to avoid the temps, checking cm and all the other symptoms.

I did use the generic OPK test strips with my first pregnancy but felt it would be too hard to look for lines, so I just went with the digital right away. I used Clearblue for the first two pregnancies and also for this cycle. They are pricey though.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

20. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@SupernovaJ: I have never used OPKs before, because of the cost and inconvenience (I do temp and use CM, but those have not always been clear indicators for me).

I put the pregmate ones in my amazon cart (to order if I get AF) because they have the best reviews, and they are pretty cheap. I thought the afternoon was the best time to use them. If I can do the morning and after work, that would be easier.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mdf106: I use the Smilereader ones (which are used with an app that makes reading the OPKs fool proof). They are fairly inexpensive ( on Amazon, at least) and rate well. I like them as they are easy to read.

22. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

So I tested and it was a BFN. My AF is due Monday so I'll just wait to retest on Tuesday.

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Emileecatherine: Out of curiosity, why does DH want to see OBGYN instead of RE? Any particular reason?

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: Bummer . Hoping you see a BFP on Monday. F'x!

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So I finally finished the period from hell yesterday, and my husband will not wake up long enough to even get him into the mood for sex... He told me to wake him up at 9:15 (he worked over night last night), and he keeps asking for just 5 more minutes. ๐Ÿ™„ I wanna get some even if it wasn't close to ovulation, ugghhhh

26. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Kaohinani: thanks for checking in! Iโ€™m just waiting to ovulate over here... my cycles have been irregular so Iโ€™m not exactly sure when Iโ€™ll ovulate! Iโ€™m only on CD9 though so I think I have some time. *twiddling thumbs*

27. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: ugh, men are the worst, lol! When my DH does that kind of crap, I simply wonโ€™t take no for an answer, and get him in the mood anyways. Good luck!

28. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: the 2ww is agonizing! Your new house sounds exciting though! Itโ€™s always nice to have distractions. I started inservice yesterday, so I am very distracted at the moment too. FX for you!

29. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@Kaohinani: Me too. I figured it would've been too early for me. Two different apps gave me different ovulation dates and whatnot. So I still have some time and hope.

On a different note I believe the inositol is working for me. Never have I had to pee so much in my life, not even in past pregnancies. Learned progesterone can cause this, and inositol tends to increase it a bit.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

*** Advice, please. When did I ovulate?!? Is FF correct? ***

ARGH!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ต Frustrated in FF. I input another high temperature (they have been climbing like crazy post-OV! In 4 days, I'm up 1.22 degrees!) AND FF moved my OV date from CD 15 back to CD 14!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ CD 14 was the day I got my POS CBEAD. I got a POS OPK when I woke to use the powder room in the middle of the night (11:45 pm) on CD 13 (nearly CD 14). Could I OV in less than 12 hours from my surge?!?! So, which day did I OV -- 14 or 15?! Even more frustrating, hubby and I were going to BD this morning as per SMEP (Last day of SMEP this cycle then normal intimacy if we choose) but IF I OVed on CD 14, we should have DTD yesterday! My hubby's response: "Good, I need a break ... Can we do it tomorrow morning or Sunday?" *facepalm* What does he not get about SMEP after ALL this time?!?!. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ต.
    #FrustratedInFF #HubbyNotHelping #WhenTheH*llDidIOv?! #GimmieABreak

31. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Looking at your temps I would say OV was on CD 14 based on that first big jump. I'm no expert though.
    Didn't you say Smilereader gave you a different time for OV before? Do they both give you the same date now?

Also what is CBEAD? This community is so keen of abbreviations. Mostly Google has been able to help me out, but my Google hasn't heard of that either...

My temps have been doing the same crazy jumps after OV this cycle.

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you for responding! CBEAD is an abbreviation for "Clearblue Easy Advanced Digital" monitor. I use my CBEAD monitor in the mornings and traditional OPKs at 10 am, 3 pm, 7 pm, and if I wake to use the powder room at night to catch my LH surge. ๐Ÿ˜€. I input only the OPK info into the Smilereader app since the OPKs and app are compatible. It predicted a CD 14 ovulation date due to my 11:45 pm LH surge on CD 13. I input both my OPK and CBEAD info into FF. FF (as of yesterday) had me as OV on CD 15. Then, I believe, today, it disregarded it for today's newer (higher) temp and shifted me to a CD 14 OV date. Both apps now correlate but I'm confused as to how could I have such a quick surge AND OV in the same day?!?

33. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks for the explanation.

If you didn't use so many OPKs and get so much data, I would guess that maybe you caught the end or the beginning of the surge or something. I use one OPK per day some time in the afternoon and it's not unheard of that I don't get a blazing positive at all. I get a faint line one day, near positive the next and back to a faint line on the third, so I just choose the "positivest" and mark that as the + in FF.

Actually last cycle FF put my OV date on the same day as my positive OPK.

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Fantastic! Thank you! This is the first time it has ever happened to me and I couldn't find an answer no matter where I looked or how hard I Googled! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I knew someone on here would know! ๐Ÿ˜€ It didn't help I was frustrated with my DH and the fact our nearly perfect SMEP schedule was tossed out the window. ๐Ÿ˜ต Thank you, again.๐Ÿ’œ

35. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

Iโ€™ve been feeling like Iโ€™m not pregnant during this tww. Just have an instinct. Then I had a dream last night that I took a test and it was vividly positive. So of course I took a test when I woke up. Vividly BFN. Waiting for AF early next week.

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: Iโ€™m frustrated with DH too. We DTD the day before positive OPK and the day of the positive, but not the day after. I hope itโ€™s enough!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@magnolia: I hate that feeling. What dpo are you? You aren't out until AF shows. ๐Ÿ˜‰

38. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: FF page says something about that.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Positive-OPK-the-same-day-as-ovulation.html

@magnolia: Sorry about the BFN, but there's still hope. Fingers crossed!

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm glad I'm not the only one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It should be enough. My daughter was a 1-shot deal. DH had training and I was uber-busy with work so we DTD once before he left (Aug 19th) for his month long training. It was before OV. Of course, I was 28 at the time and not 38 like I currently am. ๐Ÿ˜‚. I feel like I have to use my hubby for all he's got at this point!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I looked it up and couldn't find it. Perhaps I was phasing it incorrectly. I was looking for "shift in ovulation date" and "lh surge same day as ovulation." I came up with nothing to note . Lol. You are amazing! Thank you. ๐Ÿ™

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee