Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

AUGUST 2018 POAS

1. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks for the warning. I don't know that I have any issues, but it's always nice to be prepared. I'm also glad to hear it was a good movie, sometimes the sequels are a bit disappointing.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Refreshing our POAS list for this page:

F'x, ladies! πŸ˜‰πŸ’•. Thank you to our cheerleaders, as well! πŸ’—

β˜€August 2018 POAS -

Yellowbeach: TBD
    Hypatia: Aug 1
    Megpie: Aug 7
    Mrs. Toad: Aug 9
    Emileecatherine: Aug 12
    Magnolia: Aug 14
    MrsDynamiteGal: Aug 14
    MDF106: Aug 16
    SkinnyCow: Aug 17
    SupernovaJ: Aug 18
    Paranundrum : Aug 20
    Kaohinani : Aug 20
    Jessiemuller88: Aug 22
    Sam's Mom: Aug 25
    Hypatia: Aug 26
    Starlitsky: Sept 1

Best of luck to everyone this month!

3. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

This has been a pretty long TWW. Also, I ended up consistently temping and now looking at the chart, I'm not sure our BD timing was all that great. I got a "peak fertility" on CD 12, but didn't ovulate (based on temps) until CD15. I feel like that's a big window...

We DTD on CD10, CD11, and CD 13. In my previous pregnancies, we were more "right on the money" with timing. I got a dip in temp today... could either be dropping temps getting ready for AF or implantation if I'm being optimistic.

No symptoms really as it's too early. Maybe a little back ache and bloating. Thinking I might need to push my POAS date to August 20?
    ----

No August vacation plans, we just got back from a beach trip the first week of August and it was amazing! Felt really rejuvenated. Will be doing a short weekend trip for Labor Day, that's next on our list.

How was everyone's weekend? It was low key for us. Kids are off from school this week (summer camp just ended) and they start the new school year next week.

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm thinking it's reason #2 from your list, I forgot to test when I went pee earlier in the evening... So then this was the ok, I have to pee a little so lets test a couple hours later.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SupernovaJ: My toddler had a heck of a weekend. There is a place in town that caters to 7 & under kids; it has giant foam blocks, water table, kid sized fire & police station, dress up, painting, a vet clinic with giant stuffed animals... all sorts of fun stuff. We went there on Saturday and then out for ice cream. Then on Sunday we went to the zoo, and it happened to be world elephant day, so they had a demonstration where they talked about the elephants and how to help save their territories with sustainable palm oil if you use anything with it. Then they had the elephant do some of the "tricks" it knows which is really just an aid to the keepers and vets to be able to take care of them. and then Sam got to see the elephant eat a whole watermelon in one bite. He thought it was the best thing ever! He was asleep before we even made it a 1/2 mile from the zoo.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SupernovaJ: Keep positive! Spermies can survive in the female body (in optimum conditions) for five days! πŸ˜‰. My DD was conceived with less than optimal timing and with what I'd consider "iffy" conditions (we used regular lube which is a HUGE ttc no-no. Lol) before DH went off on a training exercise. You never know. πŸ˜€

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Glad their reply to me was helpful to you. πŸ˜€. I wish we had a place like you described for my son to go to. The closest to something like that here is "Monkey Joe's" which has inflatables, a toddler exploration section, huge slides, ball section and mini arcade all for 12 and under. I make DD take DS on all the inflatables and slides and I bribe her with cash on her game card for the arcade. πŸ˜‚.

8. Emileecatherine

pea / 7 posts

@yellowbeach: I haven't been able to get a clear answer from him, but I think he's nervous to dive back into treatment. We had a long conversation and decided to go to the appointment with the RE. I presented him with both the options and my reasons and then let him choose which one to go to. I think this helped him feel better about the decision. I also told him we could approach this as information gathering and we don't have to start treatment right away if that's what's she recommends.
    Also its been 3 years since we've seen an RE and they may be new/ different things to try.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I am definitely going to have to buy a punch card for his babysitter to take him on rainy days because he had a blast (we had only been once before when he was 9 months old for a daycare birthday party).

@Emileecatherine: I'm glad he got on board with the RE (mainly because I would not have given up an earlier appointment ) I hope everything goes well for you at the appointment!

@SupernovaJ: I hate it when Ovulation is confirmed at a later date than anticipated and it's already too late to do anything about it.

10. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm 9dpo today and don't have the urge to test yet. I don't think I've ever made it to 10dpo without testing.

I'm feeling really pessimistic about everything right now. I haven't been at this super long - we started trying a little over a year ago with a miscarriage, break, etc. so not trying that entire time... but I'm tired of the waiting. And then if I actually get pregnant I know I will immediately shift to fear of miscarriage. I feel like the fun has been sucked out of TTC/pregnancy. Sorry for being a downer today. Clearly I'm in a bad mood

11. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: I kind of feel that way this month too! I hate when you can't pinpoint ovulation. Seems like your timing should be okay either way, though.

Nothing exciting for us this weekend. Just shuffling a toddler and animals around for house showings!

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: I 100% have/am in the position that you are. Although I haven't had a loss while trying, I had a kind of crappy pregnancy so I know I will automatically worry about extra complications.

Good job on not testing yet though, I haven't made it that long without testing in a long time.

My doctor pinpointed it exactly at my last clomid check. He's like, you're here to go through the motions and get your final clomid done and over with so you can move on to whatever is next. And that is exactly how I felt, I'm a little hopeful because he said he has a fair percentage of patients that end up pregnant on the 6th cycle and don't have to move onto an RE. *shrugs*

13. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: Seriously that's great getting to 9dpo without POAS! Aww, it's totally OK to be a downer... that's what we're here for. Waiting is the worst part and naturally when anyone conceives, it easy to think the worst and live in a bit of fear. I know it's different for everyone, but there's always so much waiting involved wherever you are on the journey. Sending positive thoughts your way.

@Sams Mom: That sounds amazing! What a good weekend for him. Ice cream and zoo... it definitely feels like summer is winding down! I love how laid back summer is but I know the heat can be too much at times. I took my older one out for ice cream yesterday, too. It hit me that in a couple more months we won't be sitting outside eating anymore!

@Kaohinani: Aww thanks! Yes staying positive. I pulled up my old charts from previous pregnancies and saw that we BD'd a couple of days out from O, but also on O day. Who knows what did the trick!

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: You aren't a downer; you are being honest. Besides - You aren't the only one here (as you can see) who feels that way. I've been ttc for so long that [sometimes] I can't decide if I like sex or not any more! πŸ˜‚. Everything has become so managed, clinical, and timed that it is no longer "organic" or passionate to the extent it had been. I also worry about miscarriages due to my health issues, "advanced maternal age" (huge eye roll), and past pregnancy complications. Try not to fall into a dark place ... I've been there and it becomes increasingly difficult to get out. Just know that we are here, all going through similar experiences - together. πŸ’•

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

REALLY weird [personal] question. Have any of you ladies EVER had a sensation in your V (or shall I say extending from the public area into your V) that feels like an electric shock? I've been getting them sporadically since this morning. Could it be a circulatory issue, something with the nerves, or something muscular like a spasm being read incorrectly by the body like displacement of pain? The last time I had anything even remotely similar I was in labor. This is extremely mild in comparison... it is just weird. I'm not going to call my OBGYN over something silly like this and I can't reach my Bestie so I figured you ladies may have some input on this.

16. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: @SupernovaJ: @Sams Mom: Thanks - glad I have people to commiserate with!

17. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: The only thing similar I've had was "lightning crotch" at the end of my pregnancy. Sounds painful!

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Lightning crotch! I have only had the phenomenon while pregnant, but it happened early and often in my pregnancy (probably 8-10 weeks on). I do not miss it, but would take it in a heartbeat to be pregnant.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: @Sams Mom: It sort of feels like lightning or a "zap." Lol. But, I'm not pregnant so there is no excuse for this. I've never had it during the tww. I'm at a loss... it is just odd.

Of course, if there is even a .00001% chance that this could be a sign at 6 dpo that something is cooking in there, I would take it every single day until delivery day.

P.S. You ladies gave me something to research while waiting for my client to arrive: the incidence of "Lightening Crotch" during the TWW. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: now you have me searching lightning crotch as a TWW symptom.

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani @SamsMom: I wonder what the analysts at Google must think of your searches

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: They probably have me flagged as the crazy lady that searches all sorts of weird shit as pregnancy symptoms.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm a bad influence.😈 πŸ˜‚

@yellowbeach: I'm surprised Google doesn't shut down my search access. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I've looked at everything from articles on PubMed, queries on HealthTap, info from Hardin MD., journals from the Welch Medical Library website, plain old searches on gagging caused by Clomid, "veiny breasts" and now "Lightning Crotch!" We won't EVEN get into the searches I make when checking on things for my kids or when grading papers! πŸ˜΅πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: HAHAHAHAHA!

So I think this has to be one of the slowest/longest cycles known to man! I am only on CD12 and I feel like I should already be halfway through my TWW. Ughhhh

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I've been trying to keep up with your cycle as one of your cheerleaders and I agree! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ I imagine it has been twice as long for you! πŸ€”

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: @yellowbeach: Learned something new in my lightning crotch research

It usually only happens in the late 2nd & 3rd trimesters because the majority of your nerves are near your cervix so it takes baby a while to affect them... So I didn't know why the hell I had a problem with it so early. Well I think it's because of my previa? Maybe my placenta being so low effed with me, and my crotch?

@Kaohinani: I feel like we're doing good with the sexy time and am still on course with SMEP... So maybe the long wait this time will have a great outcome.

27. MrsDynamiteGal

cherry / 119 posts

@supernovaj: we had a pretty busy weekend. Hosted a large family party. Got another big week ahead.

Fx for you all! I'm currently waiting on AF to show up. 13 dpo. Testing negative as of yesterday. It feels like she's a knocking though. Cervix pain. Creamy cm. Sorry tmi.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I've read that as well. Also, "Lightning Crotch" is a shooting pain sensation in the vulva, anus, or pelvic floor which typically comes and goes in waves. It is most often experienced in the process of either sitting down or standing up. It can be caused by pressure against the cervix (as in with pregnancy), ligament pain, a magnesium deficiency, and due to varicose veins (* I have May-Thurners which is a circulatory issue and is probably causing mine). The incidence of women reporting to have lightning feelings "down there" between 4-9 dpo resulting in a BFP is approximately 15% as (1) not enough data has been collected nationally and (2) The incidence of lightning crotch without resulting pregnancy or with unknown chemical pregnancy was not included in studies ... Also, women can have this phenomenon for a plethora of reasons. If pain worsens or if bleeding or "odd" discharge follows, one should immediately visit her doctor (duh. πŸ˜‚).

Very en"Lightening!" πŸ€“ Hahahaha. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MrsDynamiteGal: You are not out yet! 😏 Fingers are firmly crossed for you.

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: I also had this a few times during the 2nd trimester! It’s painful for sure!

31. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: you are in no way a downer! I felt like you are feeling a few weeks ago when my 6th friend told me she was pregnant. It’s normal to wish it was an easy process! I wish ttc was an easy and fun process too!

32. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: You guys are hilarious! Thanks for that!

@skinnycow: Hang in there, we're here for you!

@MrsDynamiteGal: Let's see some good news soon, fingers crossed!

I'm 8 dpo today. I have been at work for 45 mins now and still haven't gotten much done. So sleepy...

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Good morning, ladies! (Good afternoon, Paranundrum!)
    I have an appt with my PCM this afternoon. I will discuss my bruising, "Lightning Crotch" (πŸ˜‰ couldn't resist ... I can be so immature at times. πŸ˜‚), and perhaps if I should speak with my OBGYN about switching to Femara from Clomid if this cycle doesn't take as the weight gain and side effects are weighing on me (* no pun intended. ☺).
    --- On the TWW front, I'm on 7 dpo and, feel pretty good even with the weird symptoms. 😳 My BBT chart, at current, looks promising ... Although, it does every month until 8 or 9 dpo when the slow 🐌 decline to AF begins. 😡 This month, I did not get the fallback rise I traditionally get at 2 or 3 dpo EVERY month like clockwork. Weird.
    I'm affixing my chart. I would LOVE πŸ’› to see some charts from a few of you ladies who temp. The differences between woman to woman and cycle to cycle fascinates my analytical little mind. πŸ€“ What is common for one could be atypical for another. Amazing.
    (Lol. I, absolutely, am aware how dorky I sound in wishing to view charts for analysis and fun. Indulge me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)

34. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Hopefully your "Lightning Crotch" question will brighten your doctor's day too.

My chart has been jagged this cycle after OV. I'm still using Β°C, Β°F would look more dramatic. Today's temp would be 98,38 in Β°F

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you for sharing. Your chart is a sawtooth. Nearly symmetrical as well! (Mine was a sawtooth last month. I believe it is still the underlay chart on my current month's chart. ☺). Are sawtooth pattern charts common for you?

I'm, secretly, hoping to get a chuckle out of my PCM. Sometimes, when I go off on a tangent or become very impassioned about something, I can tell it tickles him so I now go out of my way for the positive reinforcement of his smile. πŸ˜‚

36. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I have had sawtooths and smooth charts. Most have been smoother than this month's though.

I'm sure your doc appreciates it.

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Here's mine. Usually my charts are smooth so this one is a little weird.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: While rocky, it's looking promising! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€ You only have a few days left until POAS and, with nice, elevated temps, I'm keeping my hopes up for you! Your skin temps look triphasic (going by the date you thought you OVed) ... Unless I'm reading those incorrectly.
    Incidentally, I'm thinking this is the month of whack-o charts. πŸ˜‚. You are part of the club since "rocky" isn't your norm. *smirks*

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

I think I'm coming down with something. I've been a bit woozy since this morning, that might be because of low blood pressure. The weather has been all over the place the past few days. I'm also cold and my lower back and hips are a bit sore.
    I got lightly sunburnt and a lot of wind over the weekend. I'm guessing that's not a good combo.

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I hope you begin to feel better! 😷 Hopefully, you are "sick" with child and not with an actual illness. F'x and .

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee