Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@KayKay: Yeah, Logan's wish-list for family is overwhelmingly books! We also got him a duplicate Thomas train since him and Xander fight over the one we have.

2. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: We have a play kitchen. I just purged a bunch of the "crap" the other night. They had too many things to go with it that they just didn't play with any of it. Our girls love to cook for us. They have a play grill too. They also have a vacuum, broom and mop to round out this collection.

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: Gahhhh, maybe I'll try pushing the play kitchen some more! They both have one at daycare in their rooms and I know they both enjoy playing with it, so I think they'd like one!

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: ugh, sorry for the nanny drama. Sounds like it was for the best, though! I hate that kind of confrontation; you handled it with such a level head

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi ladies! I feel like I've been totally absent here lately - still feeling pretty sick and run down and going to bed right after the kids every night. 11 weeks today though!

How the start of everyone's Thanksgiving week?

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: We got the mini-trampoline as J's birthday gift too. Part of me thinks it's going to be awesome and the other part thinks it's going to be a disaster and I'll have to take it away because of fighting

7. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: K already asked if she can do "seat drops" on it, so apparently she thinks it's going to be like the big ones they have at gymnastics class - ha! we told her no, but i'm guessing there will be (many) attempts. and probably flipping the whole thing over trying to hang on the bar

things are good here! 37w, and my parents get in tomorrow (mom is staying through new years...) so Baby 3 can come anytime. well, maybe not tomorrow, since i'd like the kids to have separate birthdays. we're clearly not going anywhere for the holiday, but have some good cook-ahead recipes that make it not too terrible to put on.

E is officially 2 tomorrow!! she has been doing some super big-girl things lately, and her talking is so much clearer. she loves singing and has some adorable toddler-speak (hee-why-am for "here i am") that i love.

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: awww sorry you are feeling...blahhh..no fun

@KayKay: Yes! I am obsessed with her little voice
    right now its kiss-ah-miss for Christmas and Santy Cause....love it

9. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Yeah - that sounds exactly like the shenanigans in our house... Happy Birthday to E!

How exciting that you're 37 weeks! I'm looking forward to see another of our group with 3 kids and rocking it Great that your mom is coming too. Nana always makes life easier around here.

10. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsF: Oyy, hope the sickness ease up soon!

We are dealing with 2 year molars which has been hell on earth the past 2 days/nights... But we're also taking her in the the dr tonight just in case it's some super hidden case of coxsackie (tho I'm doubtful b/c last time she had that, her fever was much higher).

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: ohhh no sorry

12. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I don't think she's ever been this upset or cried this much her whole life And sleep is worse than a newborn!

13. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: ear infection? what sort of temperature is she having?

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: ohhh that sounds horrible...poor baby

15. snowjewelz

@MamaG: it never even got up to 101... And it's already gone.. So that's why I was ruling out illness... And she told me herself her teeth hurt... It's def something with her mouth... She screams when anything goes in

16. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: We are battling our own illnesses. K is on antibiotics for ear/upper respitory infections. She's got an awful wet cough. And she's still pushing the last of her molars through. Sleep has been off. And to top it off, we had to turn the heat on this weekend. Her room stays a little cooler and I think she's waking up between 4-5:00 because she's cold. She clings to me and I wrap her up in a blanket. She just won't stay under the blanket long.

Hope K gets better soon.

17. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Same for you.. Hope everyone's better by Thanksgiving! I thought she was getting better... But DH just said now shes back to refusing any food/drink. She's got to be STARVING as she hasn't eaten since Saturday

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Hope K gets better too, awful

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: have you tried a popsicle? My guess is it's not teeth if she's refusing to drink/eat. Based on our luck, I'd guess ear infection or strep throat. We didn't have luck with fever disappearing with strep throat though without intervention.

20. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Yes... Nope.. Refused it... Ugh, I wish I can leave work now to take her. Should have taken her yesterday! Parent guilt setting in! Now I'm reading more online and it can be thrush, some viral mouth thing, HFM, etc....

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I get strep all the time with no fever ...I hope that is not your case...

22. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: strep with no fever? Oy, that's got to suck. Do you know if it was like that for you as a child too? Apparently my kids are prone to it and I'm getting versed quickly in strep

23. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: uggh, this is driving me nuts now.. I just feel so bad for her. Poor thing is hungry but won't eat. I rather be sick a thousand times over instead of her!

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Sounds like what we went through with Ethan a couple months ago... He had a fever on/off, was really sleepy, and it looked like it hurt to swallow. It lasted a few days and we did take him to the dr. but it was just a virus and they couldn't treat other than the Tylenol we were already doing. He'd be fine for a few hours too and then the fever would come back. Hope she feels better soon!

25. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: that sounds like both times that H had HFM! His fever was slightly higher, but it was really only for a day and a half. Then the rash. And he never wanted to eat those days, since his mouth hurt. His sleep was terrible too; like, up every hour, and not wanting to go back down.

Ugh, whatever it is, I'm so sorry! It's tough not knowing how to help

26. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: @josina: @MamaG: @FaithFertility: yep coxsackie again. Back of the throat. Dr said the low fever is prob bc she had it before so her body knows how to fight it. Just praying she is better on Thanksgiving! Thanks for reading this frantic mom's rants.

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm so sorry But, at least you know what it is, you don't have to do anything specific to treat, and she should hopefully be mostly better by Thanksgiving! At least in my experience, the worst of it is only a few days. Hugs!! Hang in there!

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: I've never had my kids get it in the throat, knock on wood. She doesn't have sores or blisters anywhere else?

29. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I can't remember it being this bad last time.. But you know how a few days can feel like eternity! It's just hard to watch her not eat and barely drink!

@MamaG: nope! and the last time she has it, it was diff too! Too many variations of this thing!

30. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: well at least it's sickness and NOT molars? being as molars could come in one at a time...and take forever...? but total bummer to be so sick. poor babe.

E has the same belly bug that K had last week. it's definitely worse in diapers -- her poor bottom luckily she doesn't really have any other symptoms (same as K last week!), so she is generally eating normal, no fever, and happy until i have to wipe her!

31. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Hope K feels better soon!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I had strep as a kid a lot not sure on fever, but as an adult, I will get a soar throat and know right away it's strep I will also always see white pockets in my throat too, lovely!!!!! No idea why I never had my tonsils out.......

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: ohhh no, poor K! I'm glad you know what is wrong, but sorry she is so sick!

34. snowjewelz

Still up a ton at night but at least this morning she drank tons of milk and attempted to eat a bite of pancake.... Hoping she will improve! She just won't be able to go to daycare today/tomorrow.

Her cousin was in the hospital for pneumonia for the 2nd time too... The sick season stinks!!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: glad she drank for you!
    Hope her cousin is better too!
    We took AJ to his apt yesterday and the waiting room/sick room was full

36. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Yeah, that's what all the doctors/nurses are saying and coxsackie/HFM is a big favorite lol

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: What exactly is coxsackie?!?

38. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I think coxsackie is the virus that causes HFM? And HFM can appear all different... She had it last time too but it was not as severe for sure. And she never had rashes/blisters anywhere else; at the doctor's we just saw white spots at the back of her throat.

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

poor kids...kids should be resilient to all illness......I can wish right?

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: I'll give you an AMEN! Or at least I wish they could only get these things once. Why must germs mutate and create multiple strains. I'm all for vaccinating the hell out of everything. Strep vaccine, HFM vaccine, Common Cold vaccine. Sign me up, I'll donate my life savings even to finding all these vaccines. I don't cope well with sick kids.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee