Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: Wow, I'm behind. E isn't a great sleeper either, usually 8/8:30 till 6. He does still take a 2 hour nap though during the day - 3 if we let him!
    Tall girl! Ethan is almost 34" by my measurements. 28.6 lbs.
    Do we need a new board for our 2 year stats?

@whenoceansrise: @snowjewelz: I'm not sure how this co-sleeping will end for us either. He's in our bed between 10:30-12, usually sleeps above our heads next to the headboard.

@snowjewelz: The clingyness is real. When we had people over for E's birthday this weekend he held on to me for dear life for 15 minutes at least before I could get him down.
    E had a great 2nd birthday, loved all his presents - now the problem is where to put them ALL since we have no toy room and he will have to share his bedroom with little sis. Yikes. Right now we 'hide' them behind the loveseat but they have a way of spreading out everywhere.

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@josina: I knooooow. I am not buying any more toys! And then my mom just went to and got a ball pit.. I'm like... That is staying at your house!!

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: lol. My sister threatened to buy E one, she settled for a tunnel/tent instead (which he loves).

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Hey! We have been battling illness for a while as well,new raging cold hit just before thanksgiving. Ryan is so clingy and demanding too!! Had his 2 year visit today - no shots! (But brother got the sneak attack and had his 5 year boosters today!). Ryan is 24.5 lbs and 33.5 inches (both 20%) and 19 inch noggin (51%!). No concerns or anything.
    Sleep is good but I don't feel bad saying so because we were in hell until he was 14 months lol. Lots of talking and sentences (new favorite word is GIMMEE) and he seems to be doing better with more school. Likes the routine I guess! Naps there are short but he makes up for it on his long weekend.

How are the new second time mom's hanging in there?

5. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: we're hanging in there! K's daycare was closed last week for thanksgiving and while Dh was home Wednesday through Friday, I was on my own Monday and Tuesday. The past two days with just J at home have been extra calm in comparison. It also helps that J only woke once the past 2 nights.

As for K's sleep she sleeps pretty consistently from 7:30 to 6ish each day. Her naps at daycare are around 2 hours, where weekends are closer to an hour. But it's more that she wakes up and realizes she's alone. If I bring her to lay down on the couch with me she'll sleep for another hour or so.

K has also been really clingy lately, but I think it also bit of a jealousy issue. She's always been more attached to Dh, but if I'm ever nursing she wants to sit on my lap too, or if I'm holding J she'll ask Dh to hold him.

We haven't scheduled K's 2 year visit yet, but tomorrow is J's 1 month visit, so hopefully I can schedule both of their appointments together when Dh is on winter break.

6. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

We had M's 2 yr well check today. He's doing great according to the ped (even though he's just now starting to say more words). He's 27 lbs (37%) & 33.25 in (28%) tall. He's going to be short just like Mom & Dad. He got 2 shots (Hep something since he was off schedule on it & his flu shot).

7. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@AngelicOne: the percentage thing is so weird. Tan is 33.5 and the doctor told us it was 21%!! Me and my husband as short too

8. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@AngelicOne: Hep A is the shot we got too. She should have got it at 18 months but we had a timing issue as well. Her 12 month shots were delayed and her 18 month were on time and it wasn't exactly 6 months between those two times. I was surprised it was our only shot. We had done flu shots in October.

And the dr said, no more shots now (other than flu) until 4!!

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Okay, so we might have just gone through a growth spurt and not realized it. We had several people at daycare comment this week about how K looks taller suddenly.

And our mysteriously horrible cough is much improved, but it left behind a stuffy nose. Hopefully the stuffy nose heads out too. Unfortunately, our daycare is SICK! 3 kids were missing from K's class and one got sent home yesterday. And someone in her class has strep. In the classes surrounding hers there is strep, RSV and pneumonia. Locally, RSV is really bad right now.

10. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: I have a short one here too, I'm barely 5'1 and DH isn't terribly tall either (but I guess he is tall by Asian standards...)

@MamaG: Yes... K's cousin already went into the hospital twice for pneumonia and RSV! We have to postpone the joint party this Sunday b/c she's currently in PICU again

11. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Poor kiddo! K had RSV when she first started daycare. And the dr told us to expect it to impact her for a year. Any cold would have a greater impact on her. I hope they have communicated the same thing to your family. Colds can quickly turn into bronchitis or pneumonia post RSV

Thankfully we are past that now. And she can still get it again, but has built up immunity so it shouldn't be as bad.

12. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I think she has some genetically bad respiratory system too... My BIL's kid was like that when he was young too, tho not as severe to require hospital stay every time.

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: man poor kiddo

14. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm so glad that K is feeling better. That's great that you were able to get rid of the pacifier at the same time!

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Such a tall kid! Sorry about the illnesses I swear every kid in M's preschool is coughing every day...

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: Glad that the big girl bed transition went well!

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Full term! So exciting!

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Sounds like a good visit! I was so glad not to have any shots for J. He did have a blood draw but at least I know that won't make him feel sick after.

19. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

no shots for us this morning either! E didn't even holler about the blood draw (lead/iron) and seemed kinda fascinated as the nurse squeezed out the blood 32.75in and 25.2lbs = both 30%ile for girls, apparently. and a 70%ile head, ha.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

What do your kiddos think of Santa?!
    G talks a big game!
    " I want to see Santa, sit on his lap!"
    "Santa nice, I see him!"
    Waits in line and all and then will talk to him, but will not get close enough for a pic ....lol waves bye and 15 mins later talks her game again! lol
    We might get there by Christmas

21. snowjewelz

@KayKay: Haha all these kids seem to have big heads

@FaithFertility: Too funny! Kara's not interested and we don't really have the santa pics tradition anyway... I'm trying to take her to one of the many Christmas tree lighting around town! She doesn't seem super impressed at the huge Christmas tree at the mall tho!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Kids are so funny! She also knows it is Jesus's birthday and when we went to get our tree was looking for him Too cute!

"Where is cheesus?"

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: big old head here too!

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: K wants nothing to do with Santa! She has pics at daycare on Friday, if they can get her near him

C didn't want anything to do with him either until last year. Now she's all about Santa! So, I will have two more years I'm sure

25. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@winniebee: That percentage thing is weird. His ped did say that she had to change him to the toddler chart now, so dunno if that had anything to do with it.

@FaithFertility: M will probably scream his head off when we do Santa, so we'll probably end up in the pics with him . He didn't want to stand by himself for his 2 yr pics....he's velcro lately!

26. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: @snowjewelz: we are mostly non practicing Christians. I pray, and believe but don't practice faithfully, if that makes sense?

Now that C can read, one of the Christmas light displays we past last weekend said "Happy Birthday Jesus", she wanted to know who Jesus was. I started trying to explain. She said OH! We got Jesus at home, he's the baby under the tree. We have the Little People Nativity under our Christmas tree

27. snowjewelz

@MamaG: Aww so cute! I want to get a nativity set for home this Christmas too! I have a couple of nativity books that we read.

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: I our Little People set. We got a few years ago. I wanted to have something that was kid friendly and this totally fits the bill. It gets packed away after Christmas with all the other things! Although, I did notice that our set now has a pig, cow and cat when I unpacked it this year

http://a.co/4qYdXDM

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Omg Little people nativity is awesome G is afraid of the one we have ....lol
    Guess those 3 wise men are a little scary...lol

30. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Girls, I did a Christmas Jammies mini photoshoot with the boys and I'm loving how they turned out!

31. snowjewelz

@Adira: Totally! What a great picture of the 2 of them!! I love

32. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: Now I want that but I think it might be more for me than DS
    @Adira: Love that! Is that a backdrop or actual wall? I had some ideas for Christmas photos of E but haven't been motivated enough to set them up when most likely I won't get a cooperative 2 year old. lol

33. Adira

@josina: It was an actual wall! The photographer rented out space in one of the old buildings in town that has brick walls.

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Love it!

35. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: that's an awesome picture.

36. Adira

@MamaG: Thanks! Although now I'm out researching new lenses for my camera to see if I can take photos like these myself, haha.

37. snowjewelz

@Adira: You totally can! Good lighting and editing is key! I thought Kara's DIY newborn shoot came out so well that we're def doing it again for DD2!

38. Adira

@snowjewelz: Good lighting in my house is hard. The kitchen has the best light, but it's not really an ideal spot for photos...

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: I'm on the hunt for a new lens too. I just can't settle on ONE. I need to get comfortable with a speedlite too because our light in our house is awful.

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Beautiful!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee