Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: @winniebee: I totally thought that the kids were going to be fighting over it (and on it) and that I'd end up taking it away. Amazingly enough, the gift that they've been fighting over is a stupid airplane ride on toy that's more appropriate for a 1yo. Of course, if the little one loves it, the 4yo wants it too...

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Oo, now I want one, haha! Ugh, no space for it whatsoever though... I even want to return the inflatable ball pit my mom got!

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Five days with no activity here must be some kind of a record for us! Just popping in to say hi

We have snow on the ground this morning which is turning into a lovely slush with the rain we're having now.

14 weeks with #3 today! Happy to be in the second trimester

4. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@MrsF: Happy 2nd trimester.

The 2's are feeling harder the second go 'round. I can hardly wait for the 3's. I want to go lock myself in my closet for two years until we get to 4! I swear I was a good kid to my parents, I'm not sure what this payback business is that these girls are putting me through.

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: Yep, we got snow too. Daycare didn't open until 10:00 this morning and I had to snow blow the driveway first! I'm already exhausted for the day with no pregnancy to blame for it.

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Happy 2nd tri!!!!

Survived my 1st weekend solo
    Do I dare say it went really good?!
    G woke with a crusty nose praying its nothing her bday is Sat

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: send some snow to us

8. Adira

@FaithFertility: haha, I'll try to will it in your direction!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Haha just realized I wished @MamaG: a happy 2nd tri not @MrsF: oppps
    Texting and nursing

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsF: Happy 2nd trimester! I am almost 30 weeks, the countdown is on.

We got 2-3" of snow this weekend; DH actually runs a county snow plow so was gone at 4:30 yesterday morning, not fun since E was still up at 5 am. MIL took him for a few hours for me and instead of sleeping I was getting ready for baby girl - but did get a lot done!

@FaithFertility: Glad you're 1st weekend alone went well!

11. snowjewelz

@MrsF: We got snow last night and it looked so pretty! But yep just rain today. Then we have polar vortex for Thurs/Fri... High 20s

@Adira: Ugh not looking fwd to snow removal! With 2 now we may have to hire help as much as I don't want to spend $...

@FaithFertility: With winter K almost always has a runny nose. Currently it's a snot fest over here

@josina: Aw man! Hopefully this winter's not crazy busy for him!

I'm pretty sure I'l be induced on the 29th

12. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

Having 3 is no joke! Things are going well, but most of my free (HB!) time has managed to disappear. I try to read along to keep up though!

We got 6in of snow on Saturday/Sunday, and have another 8ish in the forecast for this Friday. It's also currently 4 (!!!) degrees. So, hello winter, I guess!

Big sisters have adjusted pretty well to little brother. They have actually been playing incredibly nicely together, and E has shown a lot more interest in the baby than I expected, honestly. She loves to hold his hand while I change his diaper (since he hates diaper changes and screams through most of them!). It's pretty adorable.

@mrsf: glad you're out of the first tri! am i remembering correctly that you didn't feel great through about halfway the other times, though? or are you past the worst of it?

@faithfertility: i survived 1hr soloing with 3 and was pretty proud of myself glad you are adjusting well to 2! G looks like a fantastic big sister in all of your IG pics!

@mamag: i agree that 2 is much worse with E than I remember it being with K. WAY more limit testing and general naughtiness!!

13. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: sneak in that birth under the same calendar year deductible plus get the tax deduction! haha

14. Adira

@snowjewelz: When Logan was a baby, Hubs just took over always doing snow removal tasks, which was probably a pain for him. Now that our two are both over two, it's not as big of a deal. Hubs watched them both this morning while I was snow blowed.

15. snowjewelz

@KayKay: doesn't help with our deductible since we just switched insurance recently hopefully the tax deduction is worth it! the main diff is the girls will be 2 school years apart instead of 3! So adorable to see how 3 kids interact

16. snowjewelz

@Adira: Haha DH did all the work without kids, with kids, either way It just takes him a while so if we need to get out to the doctor's, get K to daycare, etc it might make our lives easier to just pay someone for the days that a lot of snow gets dumped!

17. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: DH actually wants the extra hours ($$), so snow away. Except on Christmas, and this weekend please.
    Exciting to have a delivery date! My dr actually asked if I wanted to schedule an induction already for when she's back from maternity. I said no for now - 1, I want to make sure my body is 'ready' like I was with E and while I was leaning towards not being induced again it was so easy last time (and would make childcare for E easier) it might be hard to pass up! I would also love to have my dr. delivery me again. We'll see.

18. snowjewelz

@josina: I would absolutely ask for no induction if I could Last time just took so long; I hope at least it progress a little faster this time!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Awww he is adorable! G is such a good bug sister, like your girls she has been playing "solo" so well these days and is really a good girl!!!!! Getting so big!

@snowjewelz: So is it the 29th?!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I love our car rides with G these days!!!
    Mama....yes G ....question or observation
    Mam....yes..G..again ? Or observation
    She talks our ears off

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@FaithFertility: lol, they are so funny. E starts everything he says with 'OT', so OT milk, OT snow, OT book. Maybe he means 'That' or maybe he's just been saying it so long its ingrained, lol.
    @snowjewelz: I hope it goes faster for you this time! Mine was only 6 hours, but I was already contracting on my own. I hope the same for you!

22. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: At this point, most likely
    And yes! Is it just the girls? Or boys too? K comes up with the most random things too! And I found out she knows C-A-K-E spells cake Cause I was telling DH last night that she can have the rest of her bday c-a-k-e and then she said cake! I asked her again... What is c-a-k-e? And she said, cake! And then I also said cake in Chinese and she knew! I need a new code word haha....

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

Y'all can keep your snow! It's low 70's here (though Thursday will be 78 )

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Bahahah G knows P-a-r-k.....lol
    Ohhh and she wants to eat Jesus's cake on his birthday I think we just might!!! Cute tradition!!!

@josina: Maybe G ends sentences just like DH with Huh!!!

Ex: Where is the baby huh? What was that huh?

25. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Hah! These kids are crazy observant!
    Unfortunately K mimics us when we yell at our dog We always tell her Penny no no! Penny go to your bed! So she yells at Penny too exactly like us... Oops!

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: hahaha poor penny!!!!

27. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Ah I know so quiet! Been busy with Ryan's bday and party this past weekend and guests in town! Tons of snow and school cancelled today. Had another ultrasound (11 weeks today) - so far so good.

28. winniebee

@FaithFertility: good work!! Ryan's actually really annoying on most car rides lately. I should never have turned him around!

29. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

K has been crazy observant lately too. For the past few weeks on the drive to daycare K has been saying water at a specific intersection and I've just been agreeing with her. Today I finally realized there was a fountain there.

Also last night she kept saying ladybug over and over again. Turns out there actually was a ladybug on the couch!

30. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: @snowjewelz: I wasn't induced with K and really didn't want to be this time either. But I was almost 2 weeks late and was induced with J. Thankfully things again went really quickly and overall had a really easy delivery.

31. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: yeah for good news on your ulateasound!!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Great update!!!!!

33. winniebee

@snowjewelz: wow that is so soon! countdown is on!

34. winniebee

Ryan is talking so much lately and just doesn't stop talking all day. Lots of sentences and questions. And lots of "that mine! Ryan do it! Ryan want it! ME ME ME MINE!" Even stuff that isn't his, if he wants it, it's MINE. He is so demanding and bossy. Lately he pushes a stool right over to the stove while I'm trying to make dinner and just is a pest the whole time "RYAN COOK! More salt! I do it!" Ugh! It is on the one hand adorable but on the other hand....gah, just chill out kid!

35. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

K has upped her crappy sleep. Now she takes off her pajamas while trying to go to sleep or early in the morning. It's 8:25. She's still awake and I just redressed her a few minutes ago. One worn out momma looking for a new home to sleep at her own will. And I'm not pregnant or with a newborn.

36. winniebee

@MamaG: is she still in a crib? I forget. And is her sleep like this with or without the nap? Is she sleeping through the night after she goes down?

37. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: yes, still in a crib. She is normally sleeping about 8ish to sometime after 5. On a bad night she's up sometime between 3:00-4:00 but goes back to sleep. On a really good day she will sleep until after 6:00. Her nap most day is 60-90 minutes. About once a week she will nap 2 hours. It's now 9:35 and DH is trying to get her to sleep. I'm not sure what led him to her room as I was in the kitchen baking.

She has a cold again and she has to be tired! She was up at 6:00 this morning and took a 80 minute nap.

She's not trying to climb out of the crib so I'm reluctant to make that change.

38. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mamag: ugh! that is so frustrating! i would be hesitant to switch out of the crib too, since i would worry that would mean she is just more easily out of bed at bedtime/morning. E sleeps fine once she is down, but bedtime is definitely super-stall and we basically have to leave her hollering in her bed (or spend ALL NIGHT singing the songs she keeps requesting). Ahhhhhh 2.

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: We're having a really hard time with the newly 2yo as well Molly was relatively easy at this age but, man, Jack is really trying my sanity. The tantrums are unreal and he will do anything to get his big sister's attention (she couldn't care less about him) - so there's lots of hitting, kicking, etc. Then she freaks out which basically rewards his bad behavior.

I try not to give many time outs so they don't lose their impact, but i feel like I don't have much in my "toolbox" lately for discipline

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: Glad you had a good first week solo!

@KayKay: Glad things are going well in your house! You must be so busy! And yeah, I'm not out of the woods yet with the nausea, but I do think it's improving a little and the exhaustion is definitely getting better. Just counting down the weeks makes me feel like I'm one day closer to feeling better, no matter how long it takes!

@snowjewelz: Too cute - M was exactly this age when I said to DH "should we give her a S-N-A-C-K in the C-A-R?" and she said "snack in the car!!!". One step ahead of us always...

I hope that you're feeling ok and that you an avoid and induction if that's what you'd like!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee